• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

UncleSam

Smash Master
Edit: this just in.

Uncle, this is just a match of many. Don't unsubscribe just because you lost this one.
this just in, I won twice in a row and you even admitted to your mistake, do I dare quote you?
also all the cool kids are doing it these days, and I can't have this thread subscribed, it counters the balance of reality itself, if my alter ego doesn't than how will the world be at peace if I don't work with the natural order?

CHERRIM!

oldhat

Smash Rookie
You use his stats from Pokemon games when they defy the laws of Anatomy. Because of this, we gotta go with the realistic route of comparing Lucario to a Jackel that can walk on it's hind legs and doesn't afraid of anything.
Sonic is a hedgehog that can walk on it's hind legs and doesn't afraid of anything, and Wario beat it.

UncleSam

Smash Master
sonic the hedgehog has no close combat skills, his punches are crap, they even represent it in brawl Sonic's Fsmash is terrible that's why you have Uair

REL38

Smash Lord
sonic the hedgehog has no close combat skills, his punches are crap, they even represent it in brawl Sonic's Fsmash is terrible that's why you have Uair

But he can destroy robots by curling himself into a ball and ramming into them. That doesn't make him "completely" useless.
He's more of an "attack --> retreat --> attack -->" tactic for him.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
this just in, I won twice in a row and you even admitted to your mistake, do I dare quote you?
also all the cool kids are doing it these days, and I can't have this thread subscribed, it counters the balance of reality itself, if my alter ego doesn't than how will the world be at peace if I don't work with the natural order?

CHERRIM!
It's not the battles that count...it's the war. ;)

And Sonic does not have strong hind legs. They are thin and scrawny. Just look at them.

UncleSam

Smash Master
It's not the battles that count...it's the war. ;)
actually the war is the entire brackets of the thread itself, each MU is a battle and the discussions are skirmishes
winning more skirmishes can win you a battle
you forgot the big picture, just pointing it out

EDIT: what does sonic have to do with Lucario?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
actually the war is the entire brackets of the thread itself, each MU is a battle and the discussions are skirmishes
winning more skirmishes can win you a battle
you forgot the big picture, just pointing it out

But what if you won small battles but lost the big one?

It's like a gameshow with 3 parts and you win 1 point by beating the other team in the first two, and 3 points if you beat them in the last one.

That would mean that winning the first two parts are pointless because the last one is the one that matters.

UncleSam

Smash Master
But what if you won small battles but lost the big one?

It's like a gameshow with 3 parts and you win 1 point by beating the other team in the first two, and 3 points if you beat them in the last one.

That would mean that winning the first two parts are pointless because the last one is the one that matters.
in THIS every battle is as important as the last because it could completely change the outcome, hell in the finals we might not see a Spamus vs. M2 rematch

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Yah, ok.

Anyway, lately, the 'in' thing has been shifting wildly between one character's favor to another.

Remember when it was cool to completely screw characters with physics? Or when it was hip to to post massive wall of texts instead of short posts?

EDIT: how about we pit them again right now to see how each of them would fare in a realistic fight?

UncleSam

Smash Master
Yah, ok.

Anyway, lately, the 'in' thing has been shifting wildly between one character's favor to another.

Remember when it was cool to completely screw characters with physics? Or when it was hip to to post massive wall of texts instead of short posts?
actually it's always been hip to post massive walls of text where have you been?
It's been happening since this JOE made this thread
EDIT: I fail at reading I'm tired, the 'in' thing is comparing these MU's to ourselves you've seen my alter ego do it, he talks from experience

payasofobia

Smash Champion
I mean massively massive wall of texts like my 'comeback' in the Ike vs Ganon fight.

I'll look for the post....and the thread.

UncleSam

Smash Master
because Falco's gun doesn't shoot bullets, and they travel slower than bullets
if we were to re-discuss that one and screw it over with IRL stuff
falco wouldn't exits

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Because he had a blaster too.

The real advantage was that CF had the advantage in close combat.

Anyway, I'll stop posting things regarding the MU for now.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
I can sense Adum approaching....hope my senses are wrong because then we will have to start from scratch....again......again.

UncleSam

Smash Master
In SFA, Falco had a fast, chargeable blaster.Don't see why we'd weigh him down to his Brawl gun.
those were old times, when people weren't as smart and assumed Barlw as their base to work off of

EDIT: paya you got lucky,
only I can truly sense Adums approach
on another note guesstimate is an actual word

payasofobia

Smash Champion
....Huh?!?

Holy crap, it is true.

You silly americans coming up with words like that.

On another note, beeg american tethees?

Y/N?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
It is actually from GTA4.

Reached meme status when everyone was still talking about it.

Which reminds me, Brawl hype has lasted for a long time, and it is still fairly strong.

Guess it is becuse of the hacking community, us and the online community.

UncleSam

Smash Master
dude, nintendo is all about hacking the game now, buy the game, beat it, screw with **** srsly brawl was no different.
thing is brawl has Phantom Wings who is like a god to the hacking community

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Nintendo could profit from this.

What if they begin releasing the source engine for their games to let people make their own wii games?

That way they could attract other gamers with games made by gamers for gamers, and from selling their sources.

Of course, this won't happen.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Nintendo could profit from this.

What if they begin releasing the source engine for their games to let people make their own wii games?

That way they could attract other gamers with games made by gamers for gamers, and from selling their sources.

Of course, this won't happen.
I said that in another thread, Straked corrected me on this, some people are just to stupid to code,
even if they did make it user friendly, you'd have to do all the snooping to find sprites, blah blah blah, and if nintendo provided us with the sprites, the core gamers would just ***** and moan about it being too limited to just 100,000 sprites, and stuff like that,
It would be awesome, but it won't work

JOE!

Smash Hero
Im back from work

okie dokie:

1) i dont realy wanna put spamus vs M2 in real life because samus would win kinda automatically...M2 cannot do crap without Psionics...he's either omgwtfOP or omgwtfGIMP

As for falco vs Falcon, only Wolf had acces to SFA weapons due to him having to go up against snake, who had a plethora of weapons himself (that was also aggreed upon by both sides to be a draw, no fanbois :p)

So for Fox and Falco, they only had reflectors and Blasters.

A laser does not have the stopping power of a bullet, and Falcon;s racing suit would absorb *SOME* heat, lessenign the blow a bit, allowing him to charge as long as nothing vital is hit.

Falco's reflector allows him to be protected from Falcon's bullets, but he cannot shoot, allowing Falcon to rush.

in the end, Falco had no real means to stop Falcon from coming to melee, and in taht range, he wins.

2)

=/=

Speaking of, Lucario wouldnt have the strength we're talking about, his attack power comes from his skill and probably metal spikes.

3) where the heck did the "baboons have 8x teh strength of a man" come from? They do not have the muscle mass to even compare to a chimp, and chimps are like 5-6 times stronger

4) Wario wouldnt really have the endurance of Lucario, he would tire quickly. But, unlike in videogames/media, big things (and big hits) usually come VERY fast.

Think back to ganon vs ike, ganon could swing his sword fast because he had big muscles, allowing him to power his sword to fast speeds.

The same applies to wario and his punches.

5) I can see Lucario actually winning with his skill. He may not be able to do some of the things mentioned to wario, but he could easily tire him, and essentially wittle him down wth pure fighting skill, which Wario is vastly outclassed in.

However, Wario landing a good hit could mean lights out for Lucario, depending on how he reacts

payasofobia

Smash Champion
We already explained that OP.

Humans have the best endurance in the animal kingdom OP. Before bows where spread, we hunted animals by following them around for such a long time that they simply could not take the pressure anymore and collapsed.

The same can't be said for lucario, which basicaly lost his canine endurance because of the fact that he is standing in his two legs.

In other words, Lucario is not going to tire Wario if Lucario has the more active role out of the two (tiring the opponent), and if he has the lesser species endurance.

Lucario will get tired first.

And about the spikes...you said it yourself. They are not sharp enough to pierce that deeply unless Lucario has the attack speed of wario.

A sharp spike is like this. http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/19200/19211/lance_19211_lg.gif

Thin and long, not short and chubby.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Woah, this thread is going places! Good thing the manly man won this fight.

JOE!, lets just end this fight now. Pretty much everyone agrees that Wario wins now.

JOE!

Smash Hero
truth about the spikes, but it still stands: theyre metal and will leave an owie, if not pierce

and Im saying wario doesnt have good endurance, he's a fatass

gonna give it till tomorro....this was a good-old fashioned heated debate, first of round 2 :p

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Well, he also trains himself, so he has at least average endurance. Which is still more endurance than Lucario's.

We humans are that badass.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Well, yeah, Wario is kind of fat, but Lucario's endurance is also hindered because of his physyology, which greatly diminishes his canine endurance.

So it is a fat man vs a dog with asthma.

JOE!

Smash Hero
lucario isnt a dog tho, he is pokemans, he looks as if he was meant for bipedalism (his neck attached to the bottom of the skull)

he may have some more end than a bipedal dog...

EDIT:

also, for lulz...ive been looking for a themesong for the battles, either overall for the thread, or on a per match basis, any suggestions? :p

JOE!

Smash Hero
Well....Lucario DOES have a very low HP (70 is bad)...so it makes sense.

Anyway, that is a great idea.

Let's give the most heated debates from the past theme songs too.

And for the present I nominate: (wait)
most heated debates:

MEWTWO vs SAMUS: 41 pages

ICS vs OLIMAR: 31 pages

Lucario vs Wario: 25 pages (and counting...?)

Diddy Kong vs Lucario: 19

Peach vs Zelda: 14

Pichu vs Squirtle: 13

Pit vs Fox: 12

Bowser vs Charizard, Snake vs Wolf: 11

Ridley vs Rayquaza, MK vs Kirby: 10 (including the rematch for MK vs Kirby)

Ivysaur vs Yoshi: 9

Falco vs Cpt. Falcon, Giga Bowser vs Galleom: 8

Ganondorf vs Ike, Wario vs Sonic: 7

Link vs Marth, Our Boi vs Y/T Link, Petey Pirahna vs Porky: 6

Donkey Kong vs DDD, ZSS vs Shiek, Meta Ridley vs Duon: 5

Mario vs Luigi, Ness vs Lucas, Hands vs Tabuu: 4

Steak vs Meatknight: 2 (community-made unofficial match :chuckle:)

Jigglypuff vs Pikachu: 3 POSTS
What should be the cutoff point?

alos, song for Squirtle vs Pichu: our first pokemon battle deserves it

also, that vid scared me pas O.O

Top Bottom