• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt parties in anonymous wifi.

AbsoluteZero255

Smash Journeyman
One day, I was going on anonymous wifi as random. In one of the matches, it picked peach.

But the fact that I was peach didn't matter.

We were on smashville, and there was a lucas hosting what I call a taunt party. You go to a certain part of the stage on wifi, stand there, and taunt. It's actually really fun.

And the next match, I was G&W (random again)

It was temple, the lucas, another person, and I were in the party.

then I hold out my bucket.

Lucas PK fires/thunders the bucket on purpose.

I use bucket on person not in the party......
and he gets kod.

After two days, I see a spectator match of him.

It was hilarious, another taunt party..

anything like this happen to you?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Aren't you sad you'll never know who that person was?

With Anyone should've had an "Add as a Friend" thing.

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
I was playing teams and my teammate for several matches was a Toon Link. We were tearing it up, but for one match, not only were we not on a team, we were on NPC. I said "Screw this" and proceeded to demand a show of moves in the corner. After a few seconds, he came over and joined me. We taunted, he footstooled me, it was a blast. With about 3 seconds left, I reverse Falcon punched him for a KO.

It was epic.

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
Once I was taunting with Captain Falcon and came across another taunter Falcon, we kept taunting and soon the two other people followed. They left eventualy but then another person joined, he was Mario. He wasn't willing to join our taunt party so we ran after him spamming Falcon Punch and taunting after each hit. On one match I even got a timer item and landed like 4 consecutive knees on him thanks to laggy hitstun.

Also, on ''pawnch day'' (wich was 19 June I think) I played some match with pink Falcon and after a few brawls, I had a full punch match with 2 Ganon and another Falcon, still have the replay.

Scarves

Smash Rookie
Vctrx, the video is in this thread.

As for the taunt parties, I've participated in some of them sometimes while on Wi-Fi. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I see more and more of these 'Taunt' parties the past couple of days. It's pretty fun actually, I would've appreciated the 'Request As A Friend' button as well, with the system the same as the one in Friend Mode.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I love taunt matches, dash dancing DDD ftw :p
I've also had a "float under the stage" match. I was Jiggly, with another Jiggs, and two Pit's and all we did was float under Battlefield :D

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
I hate party poopers who pretend to be taunting but then when a good item appears they go for it. ):<

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
I hate party poopers who pretend to be taunting but then when a good item appears they go for it. ):<
most people have the mentality when taunting it up to get the smash ball and have fun with it. they aren't trying to win. I've seen a mario get it and then use it under the stage...rather funny.

Psylark

Smash Rookie
Funnily enough, the first Spectator match I ever saw was a silly team match, and they weren't really fighting. Taunting most of the time. Thought it was some kind of glitch or something.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I'm a formidable taunter.
I may look all fun and games on the outside (Lulz I love taunting and dash
dancing), but when we get in sudden death, it's on.
Or all over, if I land that first fair.
If I miss both fairs, chances are you're going to die by my ftilt.
If that doesn't kill you....
Fsmash.
And if you work your way around all of that.....
OVER AGAIN.

I have recording of taunt matches.

Man, there was this weird Ganondorf.
He sent out a Bellossom, waited til CF was asleep, and crouch taunted right next to him.
It was rather.......questionable.

Joyblossom

Smash Rookie
Thats happened to me plenty of times because I like to start the taunt party then over time someone will join in and we'll fight together. Sometimes all of us will just taunt and do stupid stuff while on the stage. Its alot of fun.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
meh, not really my thing, it just kinda bores me.
and i always have a knack of betting on a taunter in spectator mode

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
I've had taunt parties many times when I was Captain Falcon. It makes me laugh. I do things like that one Halo to, but in Halo I can actually talk to the person i'm messing around with. It's a shame you can never find out who the person was in Brawl. =/

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I was in a taunt party with a Meta Knight and I believe a snake, I was falcon for the giggles and I would just randomly Falcon punch people but they just kept on taunting it was funny.

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
I like beating the guts out of taunters. I hate that stuff lol.
I love it when people like you try and stop us =]

Usually I have 2 of the other players doing and one person is trying to fight, but then we all team up and kick his *** till he leaves hahaha, so if you suffered frustration at the hands of what seemed like n00b taunters...that coulda been me ;)

Atsu

Smash Ace
I tend to reverse paunch the taunters and give them the knee of justice, if they survive. Then start spamming 'Show Me Your Moves!'. Then rinse and repeat :p. Pretty sure they freaked out to find a Falcon that was able to FH Double Fair a Smash Ball, although after getting several helpings of teh knee that they wont' be coming back. Right after that match I left and went for another Team Battle. I got the exact same team again... :o. I just left because well, not going to waste 2 minutes watching people going crazy on the control pad xP.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
It wasn't so much of a taunt party (although I guess DeDeDe's crouch is kind of a taunt)

There was only two of us, me as Peach and the other guy as DeDeDe. It started out to be serious but after about 30 seconds, I ended up feeding Turnips to the penguin :bee: Then we messed around taunting and continually Turnip feeding.

Then it went to sudden death and he threw a Waddle at me :( I think I saved a replay of it :laugh:

Best101

Smash Ace
I love it when people like you try and stop us =]

Usually I have 2 of the other players doing and one person is trying to fight, but then we all team up and kick his *** till he leaves hahaha, so if you suffered frustration at the hands of what seemed like n00b taunters...that coulda been me ;)
lol
I usually do get jumped but I still kick thier butts savagely. I saved a lot of hilarious replays of me doing that.

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
lol
I usually do get jumped but I still kick thier butts savagely. I saved a lot of hilarious replays of me doing that.
that wasn't me then, I've never lost when i have the other 2 guys teaming up with me. I always make sure we're kicking their butt. so you probably were actually playing n00bs. poor guys =( let them have fun!

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Man, there was this weird Ganondorf.
He sent out a Bellossom, waited til CF was asleep, and crouch taunted right next to him.
It was rather.......questionable.
Date ****?

Anyway, has anyone else ever done matches with everyone as the EarthBound kids? It's fun to heal each other during Sudden Death. :D

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
When I see a taunt party I usually just drop the controller and check out the internet. I won't spoil their fun, but it's not my thing.

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
I didn't get any good taunters lately but I played some basic brawl a few days ago and taunted/pawnch spammed as Falcon. In one match, I was taunting to the sides of FD and a Samus started protecting me as the two other (bad) players tried to aproach, I changed taunt to COME ON! and started spamming it while hiding behind Samus.

Oh and Falcon's up taunt suck, it should be something involving ''YES!''

Meccs

@Meccs_
something kinda like this happened to me last night.

so I joined a group of Zelda, Lucas, and Link (as Ness) and durring the battle Zelda and Lucas never attacked each other, Lucas was crouching/uncrouching a lot. I finally got the hint, and stopped attacking as well, and joined in the c&u. took 1 more battle for link to get it, but in a short time, it was battles with 2 Lucas and 2 Ness at temple, we just ran around c&u, and if somebody got hurt we'd heal em. It was lots of fun. And then, of course, WiFi craps out and disconnected me... we played agood 10 or so matches like that... I really wish there was an add-as-friend thing.

We need to come up with some sort of "morse code" thing using c&u and dodges. :D

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
During a team battle I picked MK, and was matched up with an Ike.
No, not a scrub Ike like 99.99999% of WiFi.
This guy KNEW what he was doing.
So we pwnd pretty hard.
And the next match we weren't together so we just went to the corner and taunted the whole time.
And we just kept doing it till he had to go.
Taunting is fun. =P

Safu

Smash Cadet
Heh i love doing those one time i was in a match with Pokemon trainer,falco and 2 toon links i was color purple and the other person was the shadow one.It was like a team battle (sortav)me and the other T/L teamed up against 2 other people cause we were taunting each other:laugh: anyway i was up close fighting keeping the other 2 guys on me while the other T/L was at the other side shooting arrows :chuckle: so i got 2 kos and the other T/L did also lol with just arrows xD.The first one was when squirtle used withdraw and T/L shot an arrow at it squirtle slides off the side and falls to his doom :laugh: and the next was when charizerd was gonna hit us but then T/L shot an arrow at it so he fell off and attacked midair causeing him not being able to reach the edge xD.Me and T/L went to a super sudden death and i won cause of a bomb :chuckle: i still have that match saved :bee:

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
taunting parties are fun. one time i was in a match where everyone got on the corner of pokemon stadium 1 (u no when the wall comes up and there's barely a ledge on the lefthand side? we were all there) and we just kept crouching. this went on for most of the match, then someone downsmashed =[

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
I was Kirby yesterday and played with a blue (think it was blue) Ike, a white Marth, and Pink Falcon. At first the Marth and I would taunt and crouch but when we played on Temple everyone started to taunt and try to footstool everyone else. When we were on other stages we would fight but as soon as we were at temple, all grudges were resolved. I saved a replay of use footstooling and taunting. It was so awesome, I wish I could meat them again...:(

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Omfg, I had the most epic taunt party experience

Well, beforehand, I went on wifi just to get a bunch of "PREPARE YOURSELF"s going, and though I DID succeed, the one outcast was the Dedede who refused to switch... though it was fun. Then we just charged eruptions the whole time.

And MAN I know what you mean about that add friend thing!! I met this other guy, and we had the weirdest battle---seeing who could outdo the other's ATs. Yep.

It started out where I was Fox, he was Pink C.Falcon, and I tried to get a taunt party going... only he obliged. The rest were acting lame. But in the next match when he was Snake and spiking people, I thought "Hmm! He's actually good! Better show him I am too..." So I switched to Meta and did an infinite dimensional cape... only to have him switch the meta the next match and do the same thing! :O

The rest of the matches were Pit's arrows, more capes, Lucas advanced techniques, and taunt parties. We even teamed the others several times, lol.

So I'm kinda on a quest to find this guy. xD I got a bunch of replays and I'mma put them up on my youtube. PM me if you think you might be him... =P

peeup

Smash Lord
If I'm not exploiting a glitch (gigalypuff or infinite MK cape for example), I'm hosting a taunt party.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Thanks ^^ Another funny thing I had once with Falcons and they had items on... There was this bomb that sticks to the characters. And they were coming very often... Then we had a little game that we put a bomb on one and the one that had the bomb had to stick it to the others. It was so funny xD

Top Bottom