• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt parties in anonymous wifi.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yeah that one.. xD well we did nothing else just footstooled each other, broke our shields, and put the bombs on us and the one who had the bomb ran around and tried to catch the others so they got it. So it was like a catching game or something.. lol. I really loled during that match ^^

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I hate when you're trying to start something and some **** Ike/Sonic will run in and beat everyone up. Nooooooobs.

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Lol sweet, I was Fox just to do that and lucky for me there was a CF

But he was the only one that did anything... later we just did tech matches (basically changing characters and using as many of their advanced techs to show off, lol)

I really wanna meet that guy, he was good :O

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
"with anyone" should have the add friend option D:
i was in a taunt party where there was 4 kirbys all different colours
we just kept kirby dancing in perfect sync
it was beatiful[i know i probebly spelt that wrong]

PowerBomb

Smash Master
o.o

Was just in a "You're Too Slow" taunt party...

3 people all being Sonic doing the "You're too Slow" taunt in perfect sync...

And we DO need a "Add Friend" option in basic brawl.

Ytterbium

Smash Rookie
I frequently 'host' taunt parties with Lucas on smashville. When I don't do that, I use Falcon on temple. I feel like making the people who really fight, should have a hard time showing me their moves.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
It's hilarious.
Sonic's voice is magnified when his taunt is done in perfect sync.

It also annoys the crud outta non-taunters...

"You're too Slow! You're too Slow! You're too Slow!"

Dragonoise

Smash Apprentice
Heh, taunt parties are awesome.

I've started up a lot of alliances over wifi, actually. It's fun when everyone picks the same character and syncs up the taunts. So far I've been in an all Sonic, Yoshi, Pit, and Samus party.

Taunting is fun, but teaming up with fellow taunters against the rest is more enjoyable.

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
earlier i found this other kirby and we just kirby danced and when someone came near we just double hammered them
good times

majora_787

Smash Hero
I've never been involved with, or even heard of taunt parties. What's so fun about them?

Also, what's the Metaknight glitch?

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
try to find a taunt party and you will see
you press down b and mash the c stick up.this makes metaknight stay invisible for as long as your mashing the stick

Ilex

Smash Ace
"with anyone" should have the add friend option D:
i was in a taunt party where there was 4 kirbys all different colours
we just kept kirby dancing in perfect sync
it was beatiful[i know i probebly spelt that wrong]
This is always fun.

One time we were all Lucas and we would damage each other then let the damaged one absorb our attacks to regain hsi 0% damage. It's fun to have a taunt party, even if you felt like fighting.

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Heh, taunt parties are awesome.

I've started up a lot of alliances over wifi, actually. It's fun when everyone picks the same character and syncs up the taunts. So far I've been in an all Sonic, Yoshi, Pit, and Samus party.

Taunting is fun, but teaming up with fellow taunters against the rest is more enjoyable.
Mwahahaha. Especially when the fellow taunters are guys who're actually good, so you can team up against the guys who only mash direction + B xD

majora_787

Smash Hero
I want to go to a taunt party now. One of you guys has got to hook me up. o_o

And, I'll have to try that glitch. By mash, do you mean hold, or constantly mash it?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Play basic brawl for a bit.

Of course, its basic brawl. It's all up to chance I guess.

Play basic brawl, pick Hyrule Temple and when the game starts, taunt like mad. If people join you, then your in luck.

Try crouch spamming too.

Meccs

@Meccs_
If I'm not exploiting a glitch (gigalypuff or infinite MK cape for example), I'm hosting a taunt party.
durring a taunt party I did gigalypuff completely on accident (like I had no idea you could do that), and ended up being so huge Jiggles took up the entire screen :laugh: the others were not amused, and killed me...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Two things;

One, how do you do the ultimate MK Cape glitch? I looked it up and tried it but it wouldn't work, and the instructions weren't entirely clear so maybe someone here could give me better instructions.

Two, today I tried a taunt party in With Anyone, inspired by seeing this thread, actually. I started with Captain Falcon intending to sit there and taunt the whole time no matter what. Also in the match was a Peach, an Ike, and a Zelda, and we were on Norfair. So I started the match and taunted once, and I noticed that the Peach was taunting, too. I don't know if they were inspired by my one taunt or entered the match with the intention of a taunt party, but in any case, that was pretty cool. Ike and Zelda were off duking it out on one side of the stage while we sat there taunting. Eventually the Zelda decided to taunt too, but the Ike didn't give in...they were just an idiot and kept trying to attack us, so we just kept dodging him and taunting over and over again. At one point when the capsule appeared, the Peach and I managed to be the only two in it and we just kept taunting. I managed to pull off a taunt at the end of the match just at the right time so the last thing you heard was "Show me yo' moves!"
The next match had the same people, but the Zelda switched to Peach, and we were on Delfino Plaza. The Ike was still being a moron (oh, did I mention he was an Aether spammer, too?) but we kept dodging and taunting and...it was pretty hilarious. And I once again pulled off my last second "Show me yo' moves!"
The next match was the same people on Warioware, pretty much the same flow.

Then, the Ike left but the online was stupid and added in a CPU. We were on Spear Pillar this time, and we were still taunting. I got on the bottom and the Peaches stayed on the top, and fended off the CPU for most of the match. But at one point it was recovering and dared to get near me so I FALCON PAUNCHED it and KO'ed it, winning me the match.

The next match the CPU went away, and we were on Final Destination. So we taunted the whole time and when an item spawned we threw it off the edge. Then at the end of the match it went to a Sudden Death and we all jumped off the edge.

The next match we were on Final Destination yet again, but I changed to Peach this time and this time a Kirby joined. He was kind of like the Ike except not quite as annoying. At first we were taunting, and then we decided to spam Standard B. Then I got a Smash Ball and used the Final Smash when everyone was in the air except for Kirby. Then one of the other Peaches fully charged a Smash Attack only to have a Lightning appear and shrink everyone so Kirby woke up and didn't get killed.

But yeah, it was hilarious.

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Lol wow.

Anyway, to do the cape, you hold down "down" on the control stick, hit B, and instantly mash up on the C-Stick. It's tricky to get at first, but you'll eventually learn to move side to side while doing it. Btw this can only be done on the ground.

A BAD way to practice this is in training at 1/4th speed, so don't. Stick to normal speed, and if it helps to see differences, hold diagonally down in either direction and see how far you can move.

bobson

Smash Lord
One, how do you do the ultimate MK Cape glitch? I looked it up and tried it but it wouldn't work, and the instructions weren't entirely clear so maybe someone here could give me better instructions.
Use MK's down B on the ground, hold down, and mash up on the c-stick like you're a newb playing Ike while holding down. You have to mash it at a set rate, so if you go too fast or too slow, it won't work. If you move off the stage while you're invisible, you'll reappear and hilariously die.

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Use MK's down B on the ground, hold down, and mash up on the c-stick like you're a newb playing Ike while holding down. You have to mash it at a set rate, so if you go too fast or too slow, it won't work. If you move off the stage while you're invisible, you'll reappear and hilariously die.
Might I say that is the best way to die.

Lol.

Anyway yea, the thing is, the c-stick inches him upwards a tiny bit, and the control stick counteracts that. If you hit up c-stick too fast that the control stick can't counter it, you'll appear above the ground. And if you stay too long on the ground you'll reappear.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
durring a taunt party I did gigalypuff completely on accident (like I had no idea you could do that), and ended up being so huge Jiggles took up the entire screen :laugh: the others were not amused, and killed me...
But the Gigalypuff glitch makes Jiggly twice as big, not take up the whole screen.

Dragonoise

Smash Apprentice
Mmmmhmm. I've been in a taunt party like this. The three of us waited for Jigglypuff to do the glitch and she managed to take up a lot of the screen. But then Yoshi ran up and put her into an egg and she ballooned up quadruple size (I had no idea Yoshi could affect the glitch like that o.O).

All you could see was this monsterous pink blob's feet. It really was amusing. Thankfully I had enough sense to save the replay.

Meccs

@Meccs_
really? I'm not sure if it was by Yoshi eating me (and I know there was a Yoshi in the party), but yeah something happened and I got so huge that all you could see was my feet/lower body and it was kina flickering or something. so maybe you were in my group :D

Dragonoise

Smash Apprentice
really? I'm not sure if it was by Yoshi eating me (and I know there was a Yoshi in the party), but yeah something happened and I got so huge that all you could see was my feet/lower body and it was kina flickering or something. so maybe you were in my group :D
The odds of that are ridiculously low, but hey, maybe I was. Anything is possible, right? Regardless, it was a very entertaining match.

Anyways, another story. I was online, messing around as Pikachu, taunting, dodging, and being a pest. Eventually, I managed to team up with two other players who also switched to Pikachu of alternate costumes. We synched up the down taunt until the other player got annoyed and started attacking us, causing a 3v1 battle in which he lost badly.

Heh, every time he was KOd, we would all spam down taunt as if saying "Aww, that's too bad."

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
Skyworld Invasion

As fun as it is to create tuant parties, its fun to crash them. Except at Hyrule temple i wouldn't try crashing.

But guess my favorite party crash was a couple days back
when i got everyone to get involved in an all Pit tuant party.
After Hyrule temple, we went to skywold (pit 's home stage lol).
There , after a couple of matches i swithed to ganondorf and
started a match against all the Pits lol.

Royale

Smash Journeyman
I love taunt parties

They help to break away from the grind of fighting and gets you back to being more relaxed state of mind. The best type of taunt parties are the ones where its 2 people tag teaming the room. I've documented quite a few of these matches already in my replay archive.

3v1 can be funny too, but gets boring pretty fast. So i prefer 2v2.

Also OP, was that lucas a red palette or pink? It might of been me since i do that quite abit.

Meccs

@Meccs_
It's funny when it's 1v3. the other person just doesn't seem to get it. One fun match I had, we'd all go to one edge of FD, and he'd run towards us. I'd trap him with PK Fiah, Fox would shoot him, and then Ganondorf'd go in and hit him with a Warlock Punch. this combo happened many times... Clueless people are always the best.

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
I love to participate in Taunt Parties as well.

It just goes to show you that sometimes you don't have to fight to have fun in Brawl. One memorable taunt party I had today was a Yoshi party. [Light Blue, Dark Blue/Indigo, Green (Me)]

I find that the most taunters are usually playing as [Kirby, Peach, Zelda, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mr. Game & Watch, King Dedede]. I've also seen some Link, Marth, Ike, Toon Link and Pit taunters lately.

But if you find a Blue/Green Peach taunting on Wi-Fi, chances are that it may be me.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
They're fun once in a while if the other 3 cooperate. And what's so great about is we make this "alliance" whenever someone new enters and if the person refuses to join in with us, we just beat the crap out of that guy. That's always fun.

Top Bottom