• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt parties in anonymous wifi.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Captain Fabulous battle that turned into a paunch match for a while yesterday. And one of them could do this weird thing with Wario where he would flip upside down on his bike and get sent flying really high into the air. Then we all became cotton candy Wario. I went afk and when I came back two people became CPUs in the middle of the match and the other was fighting.

chicksdigit58

Smash Rookie
I just had a taunt party, and it was great fun. There was me playing as Lucario, a Pikachu, Pit and Link. The guy playing Pikachu was the 1st one to start taunting, and it took me a few seconds to realise what he was doing, so I joined in with the taunting, and for a short while, Pit joined in. Link was the only one who didn't join in with the taunting, he should though because it was a great laugh
Was the Pikachu wearing gogles and the Pit was normal?

Jesusdragon737

Smash Cadet
omg. Taunt parties and "stand there doing nothing" parties are part of what makes Brawl online AWFUL. It's practically impossible to find a truly competitive match on wi-fi.

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
I've never been involved with, or even heard of taunt parties. What's so fun about them?
What do you think can be fun about pressing a button and hearing a sound effect? Cheaters, spyware makers and taunt spammers are all just people out to cause others grief and they get off on it.

I don't buy the guise that the equivalency of dangling keys in front of an infant is entertainment. I get on to play Smash Bros, wait 20 minutes, and get a room of these *******es who just make me restart the que all over again. But then again, I guess Mr. Sakurai can't go without taking some of the rap for this none sense in the first place.

Jesusdragon737

Smash Cadet
But then again, I guess Mr. Sakurai can't go without taking some of the rap for this none sense in the first place.
He should be blamed for nearly all of this. His goal for online play was to make it universally acceptable for any person who wanted to play Brawl online.

Want to chat or even have your names displayed? No, because then people might be mean to each other and reject certain players for having horrible sportsmanship.

Want a ranking system? No, can't have that because then people who thought they were good would realize they aren't good and be sad.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I tried to start a taunt party today.
3 PEOPLE were having fun in team battle.
ONE Spoilsport.

You'd THINK that they'd catch on after their OWN TEAM MATE started to taunt.
N00b.

Anyways, I started it by ledgedashing.
Yoshi lol'd and joined me.
And the other guy just kind of crouch taunted.

It was freakin' awesome.

bobson

Smash Lord
Want to chat or even have your names displayed? No, because then people might be mean to each other and reject certain players for having horrible sportsmanship.
Believe me, we would be far worse with chatting and names.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
omg. Taunt parties and "stand there doing nothing" parties are part of what makes Brawl online AWFUL. It's practically impossible to find a truly competitive match on wi-fi.
I so hear ya. I don't play Wifi, but my brother does occassionally and I can't stand the concept of going into a match ready to play and then there's people who apparently find deeper satisfaction in playing Smash and taunting all day than actually playing Smash. Can't understand it.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Personally,I choose Snake and do nothing.If someone comes toward me,I will **** you,Unless you are not attacking me.

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
I tried to start a taunt party today.
3 PEOPLE were having fun in team battle.
ONE Spoilsport.

You'd THINK that they'd catch on after their OWN TEAM MATE started to taunt.
N00b.

Anyways, I started it by ledgedashing.
Yoshi lol'd and joined me.
And the other guy just kind of crouch taunted.

It was freakin' awesome.
Ledgedashin' FTW

;)

Top Bottom