• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt parties in anonymous wifi.

SarahHarp

Smash Apprentice
Have any of you guys stayed in taunt parties for a while and noticed anything different after some time. Some taunters make friends with others, and some start to hate each other for some reason. I've seen taunt parties crash from the inside out because two people got mad and started fighting. Then everyone else starts fighting. This happens in 90% of taunt parties.
The funny thing is that sometimes I start fights. Thee was this one Ness who was boring me so I picked Marth and...well you guys should know. :evil: And I start snapping necks if people start bothering me.
I'm pretty sure that perfectly illustrates your subconscious becoming bored with tapping a single button all day long -.-;

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure that perfectly illustrates your subconscious becoming bored with tapping a single button all day long -.-;
Actually in taunt parties people stop taunting after a while except when something funny happens. Usually we just mess around just showing off various ATs we can do. For most people that's just gliding and dash-dancing. Some guys do other things like do glitches, real ATs like DAC, and stuff like deflecting projectiles back and forth and letting go of the reflector at the end for a lot of damage.
But you're right because I get bored if no one does anything for a while but sit around and mash on the D-pad unless it's funny like wo people having a conversation in taunts, taking turns doing a taunt of simultanously spamming a specific taunt. But some people just stand still in the same spot doing nothing but just walking around and I can see why that bothers people. >_>

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
Actually in taunt parties people stop taunting after a while except when something funny happens. Usually we just mess around just showing off various ATs we can do. For most people that's just gliding and dash-dancing. Some guys do other things like do glitches, real ATs like DAC, and stuff like deflecting projectiles back and forth and letting go of the reflector at the end for a lot of damage.
But you're right because I get bored if no one does anything for a while but sit around and mash on the D-pad unless it's funny like wo people having a conversation in taunts, taking turns doing a taunt of simultanously spamming a specific taunt. But some people just stand still in the same spot doing nothing but just walking around and I can see why that bothers people. >_>
Exactly! I agree with your whole statement. I myself don't understand why this would bother anyone. You're not forced to be there. Last time I was in a Taunt party a Luigi and I (Also Luigi) did the Up+B glitch for at least two hours. Odd way's to communicate with others that's for sure, but nonetheless entertaining.

Yoshi52

Smash Cadet
Ah, yes...Where have I participated in Taunt Parties? Almost every night on my Winter vacation. ;) Floating under the stage, Crouch Taunting, blowing myself up as Jigglypuff under a solid wall which causes me to float in the air for a short while, Dash Dancing, Triple Teaming the guy who isn't goofing off, killing yourself as Snake in the Sudden Death Match near everyone to see who dies last, carrying boxes off stages, shooting an ammo-less Ray Gun, using Pit's Arrows to simulate rain, attaching C4 to someone as Snake then activating it when it gets on the guy not goofing off, playing tag, miraculously dodging nearly all of the attacks from the guy who isn't goofing off, activating the codec during mid-match, pwning whoever messes up the codec sequence, being the only one who knows how to not move in the Wario Ware stage's "Don't Move!" minigame, holding on to someone for 10 seconds in Sudden Death, and even more...

POKE40

Smash Lord
When a taunt party gets no where... you go to the smash boards!!!
THis is probably the best time to practice stuff such as:
-ledge running
-IDC
or anything that you can do alone

but I hate that you can't do a rival list like how it was done in Metroid Prime Hunters...
This is where you can get a rival in FFA w/o the friend code system. MPH...good times.

The only thing I want fully understand is crouch taunting...what is actually used for? Is it like a bird call for all the taunt ppl to come together.

Alliance Call!
Crouch Crouch Crouch

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
-ledge running
-IDC

but I hate that you can't do a rival list like how it was done in Metroid Prime Hunters...
This is where you can get a rival in FFA w/o the friend code system. MPH...good times.

The only thing I want fully understand is crouch taunting...what is actually used for? Is it like a bird call for all the taunt ppl to come together.

Alliance Call!
Crouch Crouch Crouch
Taunt parties usually begin with crouch taunting.

Yoshi52

Smash Cadet
-ledge running
-IDC

Alliance Call!
Crouch Crouch Crouch
IDC? Is that a technique, or are you just saying you don't care? Is there a list of techs here?

And, yeah, Crouch Taunting is how most people know you want to start a Taunt Party, or something. It also seems to be a type of taunt recognized by most players.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I had a taunt party today where me and this Dedede tortured another player for not taunt spamming. First the bad Dedede tried killing P2Dedede while he was afk but somehow saved P2Dedede's life from the bomb on Bridge of Eldin and killed himself. Then the P2Dedede came back. He CGed bad Dedede to kill him and then we D-throwed him back and forth to each other until P2Dedede D-smashed him. Then for a final kill I swallowed bad Dedede while he was trying to escape the bomb on Bridge of Eldin and somehow he got killed but I survived. It was so hilarious I saved a replay. Everyone was Dedede and the one who didn't want to taunt left after that. Also, I was doing some hacking and kept changing the songs.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Taunt parties. Are you people serious. That's what this game has turned into now.
At least on Basic Brawl. :p
That is if the only people are noobs. I'm willing to fight if there's anyone good around.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
taunt party goers ought to be brought behind a barn and shot. If your idea of fun is to act like a tool till someone joins who actually plays the game and gang up on them. Yea hands down, in my book taunt parties make you an IDIOT. but I'm pretty sure if you d/c right as the wait timer runs out it increases your chances for a mass disconnect, so that's what I've been doing lately. So eat **** taunt party goers.

Yoshi52

Smash Cadet
taunt party goers ought to be brought behind a barn and shot. If your idea of fun is to act like a tool till someone joins who actually plays the game and gang up on them. Yea hands down, in my book taunt parties make you an IDIOT. but I'm pretty sure if you d/c right as the wait timer runs out it increases your chances for a mass disconnect, so that's what I've been doing lately. So eat **** taunt party goers.
OK, some of you people don't like Taunt Parties... Why do you have to be such an *** about it? All you have to do is just go to Team Battle, there are a lot less Taunt Parties there. If you don't like the parties, why even post in this thread? You know what, don't even bother answering. It'll just make a pointless argument.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
OK, some of you people don't like Taunt Parties... Why do you have to be such an *** about it? All you have to do is just go to Team Battle, there are a lot less Taunt Parties there. If you don't like the parties, why even post in this thread? You know what, don't even bother answering. It'll just make a pointless argument.
Already told him the same thing a while ago. I don't really fight in taunt parties much anyways. I just sit back and show off random ATs. In fact the only time I do fight is when I decide to do some infinite chain grabs. Makes it a 2vs1, or 1vs1 when you get those rare AT contests.

konorob

Smash Rookie
I hate those taunt parties, hahah. It makes me want to win that much more. It's so frustrating when you lose to three players constantly taunting you the whole time. Especially with Young Link's taunt.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I hate those taunt parties, hahah. It makes me want to win that much more. It's so frustrating when you lose to three players constantly taunting you the whole time. Especially with Young Link's taunt.
That's the point of taunt spamming. To piss off non-taunt spammers. :D
At least for me.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Taunt Spamming is all that "With Anyone" is good for besides Falcon Paunch spamming. It's quite honestly a joke if you aren't doing one of those two things.

I particularly love it when only one guy won't join in. I have a video of me getting 3 KOs off of a Marth at Temple, including a footstool KO. The times I'm not KOing the fool are the times I'm taunting.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
That's the point of taunt spamming. To piss off non-taunt spammers. :D
At least for me.
^this is what makes you guys idiots. I think I'll piss off the people trying to play the game as it was intended. yeayea there's team battle and friend codes, but sometimes i feel like a nice anonymous FFA. Although you clowns seem to think Basic Brawl is for being a twit, its actually s'pose to be a FFA. So don't tell me to go anywhere else as if I'm the one in the wrong place. I feel bad for the total newbs to this game trying to play having to put up with rooms full of idiots who taunt and will gang up on anyone trying to just play. Hate to break it to you fun boys, but it seems pretty totalitarian to me. Nintendo WFC is inherently bad enough, it doesn't need help getting any worse from you lot.

But don't worry tho no matter how many people i have on my friends list or how many times i get ganged up on, I always have time to break up a taunt party or if nothing else do my best to lag it out to the point of disconnecting. Enjoy!

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
^this is what makes you guys idiots. I think I'll piss off the people trying to play the game as it was intended. yeayea there's team battle and friend codes, but sometimes i feel like a nice anonymous FFA. Although you clowns seem to think Basic Brawl is for being a twit, its actually s'pose to be a FFA. So don't tell me to go anywhere else as if I'm the one in the wrong place. I feel bad for the total newbs to this game trying to play having to put up with rooms full of idiots who taunt and will gang up on anyone trying to just play. Hate to break it to you fun boys, but it seems pretty totalitarian to me. Nintendo WFC is inherently bad enough, it doesn't need help getting any worse from you lot.

But don't worry tho no matter how many people i have on my friends list or how many times i get ganged up on, I always have time to break up a taunt party or if nothing else do my best to lag it out to the point of disconnecting. Enjoy!
That's why I taunt spam. To bother noobs. I got tired of being stuck with them so I started taunt spamming. Every once in a while a guy who doesn't suck will enter the room. If there is a player like that I'll stop taunt spamming and fight (though I'll be nice to other taunt spammers and avoid hurting them). If you're good and find someone like me on Basic Brawl you don't have to worry about me bothering you too much. I only bother those darn noobs for being so annoying.

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
So, now that I've gotten a bit used to IC's...
When one guy camps at the edge, I just do some kind of desynch'd grab and fair spike the fool. People also tend to DI towards the stage, so I spike the noob right underneath. I do this in taunt parties too by betraying a person in the last 10 seconds. :laugh:

BubbleTea

Smash Apprentice
i love it when people just mess around the whole match. They play with the items, run around the stage, chase eachother...good brawl fun. Once in a while someone dies. but it's all good.

SwordmasterXXXI

Smash Journeyman
I hate when the other two taunters I'm with suck ***. I always have to step. In one match a DeDeDe was spammig forward smash and the Kirby was spaming Rock and hammer got destroyed by a random Sonic that wasn't even that good while I was just taunting. I just left after. >_>

13th Nightmare

Smash Cadet
I just had a taunt party, and it was great fun. There was me playing as Lucario, a Pikachu, Pit and Link. The guy playing Pikachu was the 1st one to start taunting, and it took me a few seconds to realise what he was doing, so I joined in with the taunting, and for a short while, Pit joined in. Link was the only one who didn't join in with the taunting, he should though because it was a great laugh

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Me and two other anonymous people screwed over a lugi pretty bad.

I had him chain grabbed against a wall, while Pikachu and Kirby kept doing their high pitched taunts, till I downtilted him at the very end. I saved the replay, but have no way on getting it up. Otherwise I would.

Top Bottom