• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tatsunoko vs Capcom!

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Does anybody else like Jun the Swan? I used her for the first time last night and my God she has such an awesome moveset. Very easy to use as well.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
Just pretend this super-dash thingy is like glidetossing or DACUS'ing, and there'll be no problems =D

Anywho, I really like Jun the Swan, too. The only thing I don't like is her relatively low health, her yoyo bombs coming out randomly (well that's more of an execution error on my part) when going from 2C to 6C, and damage scaling actually affecting her already weak level 3 super =(

Any Joe the Condor love here? I just love his alternate costume that makes him look like batman.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Does anybody else like Jun the Swan? I used her for the first time last night and my God she has such an awesome moveset. Very easy to use as well.
:link:
I LOVE(!) Jun with a passion!
Mained her since day 1 along with Viewtiful/Ryu swapping.
She's great. My best character.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Heres my fc 2278-8197-5214

already added minako.
Alright, I'll add you on later today.
I love using Jun. She's a really good character. Her 2C to 6C gives her a good opportunity to do resets.
Anywho, I really like Jun the Swan, too. The only thing I don't like is her relatively low health, her yoyo bombs coming out randomly (well that's more of an execution error on my part) when going from 2C to 6C, and damage scaling actually affecting her already weak level 3 super =(
I don't really find her level 3 super that weak. I find it pretty strong, so I like using it on low HP characters to finish them off.
I never really noticed that 2C to 6C scales damage that much. I guess I'll look at it in training mode and test it out.
If you really are afraid of damage scaling, pair Jun up with someone like Chun Li if you can react fast enough.
Use Chun's assist and then quickly do Jun's level 3.

I've recently picked up Casshan. He does a lot of damage and he has pretty high HP.
With 10% Baroque and 1 meter of super, he can take over half of a characters health away let alone all of it if it's someone like Karas or Zero.
I can't do the full combo on wifi due to lag though.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Any Joe the Condor love here? I just love his alternate costume that makes him look like batman.
O dam. Now I gotta unlock him.

Also, how do you select alternate costumes? I just rented the game yesterday and it didn't have an instruction book with it which makes things needlessly difficult (I had to look up how to switch partners without DHCing online, wtf).

So far I'm liking Ryu. Can't decide who to use as a partner though.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
O dam. Now I gotta unlock him.

Also, how do you select alternate costumes? I just rented the game yesterday and it didn't have an instruction book with it which makes things needlessly difficult (I had to look up how to switch partners without DHCing online, wtf).

So far I'm liking Ryu. Can't decide who to use as a partner though.
They're not really alternate costumes, just extra colors. You need to unlock them first though.
Whichever character beats the giants, you unlock color 3 in the shop. Whichever beats Yami will unlock their 4th color.
After buying the color from the shop, select your character with B (Medium) or D (Partner).

Ryu's assist is good so you won't have trouble finding a partner for him.
I use him in a lot of teams. I usually have him paired up with Jun/Karas/Casshan/Tekkaman Blade.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
They're not really alternate costumes, just extra colors. You need to unlock them first though.
Whichever character beats the giants, you unlock color 3 in the shop. Whichever beats Yami will unlock their 4th color.
After buying the color from the shop, select your character with B (Medium) or D (Partner).

Ryu's assist is good so you won't have trouble finding a partner for him.
I use him in a lot of teams. I usually have him paired up with Jun/Karas/Casshan/Tekkaman Blade.
Thanks.

And I'm not really using Ryu for his assist, I'm looking for someone who would have a good assist to support Ryu. Ryu's assist is good enough that he can support most people with it.

I'm working on my Joe the Condor right now. Don't know if his partner should be Ryu or Yatterman-1.
Honestly I haven't spent much time with the game but if it's between those two I'd say go for Ryu since his assist is really solid.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Joe the Condor is pretty awesome, I am using him and Batsu as my current team.

Any tips on beating Karas? My one friend kept beating me a couple of days ago with a Karas Ken team.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Brawl's wifi just sucks overall. TvC wifi is normal, but things like distance and connection will come into play. So if both partners have a good connection, you will experience very little lag or no lag at all. Distance isn't as dynamic as connection strength.
Wifi is still really good.

However, once you start getting familiar with the characters ie getting better. Then it really just starts to piss you off. x__x

Playing with Minato was annoying as hell because I know what he was doing.

IAD j C > 2A > Combo.

But wifi consistantly either kept delying my inputs long enough or just not reading them.

That and I dropped combos that I would never drop offline.

You really have to rely on muscle memory with this game, at least online.
Thanks for the replies, just one more question though as I'm kind of planning to get this. Do disconnecters get punished at all in ranked fights?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Any tips on beating Karas? My one friend kept beating me a couple of days ago with a Karas Ken team.
Karas isn't too hard. Take advantage of his low health. Once you get a combo in, he's pretty much in a bad situation.
Karas doesn't really have a good poke, just go on the offensive and you should be fine.

Thanks for the replies, just one more question though as I'm kind of planning to get this. Do disconnecters get punished at all in ranked fights?
Yes and no. They don't lose BP unfortunately. They do, however, get paired up with other disconnectors though.
I don't disconnect, yet I've seen the same disconnector multiple times before. So I can't say that it's reliable.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
Okay so I think I got the basics down on this game, or at least how to basic combo's to launcher to other stuff.

I need to know how to properly integrate baroque into my game. Is there any way to help understand the usage of baroque? The max combo I can do is around 15k without using any bars, so I'd like to know how to at least make my combo's threatening to people.

Roll's assist is insanely good. But it feels so awkward to use her =\

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Okay so I think I got the basics down on this game, or at least how to basic combo's to launcher to other stuff.

I need to know how to properly integrate baroque into my game. Is there any way to help understand the usage of baroque? The max combo I can do is around 15k without using any bars, so I'd like to know how to at least make my combo's threatening to people.

Roll's assist is insanely good. But it feels so awkward to use her =\
Who are you using? When you want to deal a lot of damage and you're willing to sacrifice a lot of your red bar, use Baroque right before your combo ends and then repeat it.
Just be careful though. Don't go sacrificing a lot of red life if your opponent has two bars of meter. Smart players will Mega Crash right when you use it.
One way I like using Baroque is to do a combo, Baroque, do another combo and call in an assist so the combo doesn't drop, and then do a last combo to a super.

Baroque's also good for pressuring in block strings strings. Whenever I have a tiny bit of red bar, I'll deliberately use a move like Ryu's hurricane kick when the opponent blocks and then use Baroque to trick them up. I don't do this all the time though.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I stop playing this game for a few days because I was sick, I relearned what I currently played offline yesterday, but as soon as I got online for the first time I forgot how to Air Combo, I just send the characters to the air but don't jump because I'm too slow..... ._.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I have a habit of holding buttons too long. I keep forgetting to simply just press the button. It's like I'm scared that my move wont come out right or something. .___.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I actually thought about making that same joke but then decided it would be lame.

lol.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
Any tips on matchups against giants? They walk all over my level 1 supers, don't get combo'd, deal an enormous amount of damage per combo, and are just really annoying in general unless I play someone like Saki who's good at playing keep away.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Any tips on matchups against giants? They walk all over my level 1 supers, don't get combo'd, deal an enormous amount of damage per combo, and are just really annoying in general unless I play someone like Saki who's good at playing keep away.
if your character of choice doesn't have a good matchup against either giant, run away and build meter for your lvl3 (unless your t. blade or ippatsuman as the pinball super and homerun super work better than there lvl3s imo)) like ghneko said. having tekkaman on your team is a good idea as his assist works on giants.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Thanks a lot to whoever suggested using Polimar as a partner for Ryu. It's worked out really well. I think I'll stick with Chun instead since she's better overall, but Polimar was definitely a great idea that I wouldn't have thought of otherwise. I also have some trouble doing his drill super because I'm a huge scrub and my execution is terrible.

lcampoy8

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-8395-9035
Tekkaman is also go against giants, his 214A lets you do some air combos on them, and his assist lets you do some supers on them.

oh btw theres going to be a TvC tourney HERE on Sunday if anyone is interested in...

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Keep away keep away keep away.

Ryu works against giants for me. Combo into Tatsumaki's (or just straight up Tatsumaki) good for racking up damage close in, and the Shinku's very good for farther away.

unknown522

Some guy
baroque is so stupid in TvC2.

Ryu is so broken vs giants. Megaman too.

Well, actually, giants suck in the game. They get combo'd so easily and can be grabbed by supers.

if you combo into a 30% life baroque combo can possibly deal full life with zero (and other characters obviously).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
baroque is so stupid in TvC2.
if you combo into a 30% life baroque combo can possibly deal full life with zero (and other characters obviously).
I dunno, I didn't find Baroque to good or too broken.
I also try to keep at least 2 bars to at least Mega Crash if I'm ever in a situation like that.

Top Bottom