• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tatsunoko vs Capcom!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Use Ryu, Ken or Batsu; they're very straight-forward characters not requiring much strategy or specific gameplay, and their specials and supers are rather simple to learn.
Also, watch this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2iyi2pEwSY&feature=sub

I literally could see my own transition from "lolrandombuttonmashing" to "I think I've got the hang now...!". Still much things to figure out (mainly Baroque and performing aerial combos properly), but otherwise, I think I'm soon ready for actual playing.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Does anyone else play on an arcade stick? I have a feeling I'm going to break my TvC one pretty soon trying to get this **** Shoryuken motion right. XD

I dunno...this is my first real fighter, and using the stick is a challenging experience. I practice all I can when I'm in training mode, but when I'm in battle I feel a certain urgency and I pretty much forget everything I learned.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@Yukiwarashi:
If you are used to control pads, changing to stick is indeed difficult and you'll need quite a bit of time to get used to it.
Just keep on rocking, mang.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
If you aren't building it yourself (which I don't recommend if you're not keen on technical stuff), I'd go with the official one from Mad Catz. It's a common brand and does solid work; other brands tend to be worse in quality.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Does anyone else play on an arcade stick? I have a feeling I'm going to break my TvC one pretty soon trying to get this **** Shoryuken motion right. XD
If it's to the point where you are about to physically break the stick that you probably just got a week ago, I have a simple but incredibly vulgar metaphor that may help you out a lot in a drastic situation, not with your execution per se but with the longevity of your stick:

Pretend the stick is your ****.
(Women: Pretend the stick is your boyfriend's ****)

One thing I've seen a lot of people do is jam the stick around like they think it won't recognize the inputs unless they put all their weight into forcing it towards one direction. They really force the stick and hit it hard against the gates to the point where damage starts being done to parts of it. They jam and force with all their might while trying to maintain speed, which ends up in the stick being crushed against the gates in multiple directions at many times a second. Now imagine doing that to your ****. When you masturbate, you're very aware of the limits of your **** and how far your **** can be stretched and slammed before its breaking point. That's not to say you don't move your hands fast across your **** while masturbating, but you know the limits of it and you work around those limits pressing only hard enough to get the desired result. The stick is the same way - Push it too hard and it'll break, but that doesn't mean you have to coddle it gently or too slowly since then it'll be like you're not even touching it and it won't do anything. You need to find the right balance of how light, hard, and fast you need to move it or else you'll be burning through sticks like crazy and you'll be really sore and frustrated and probably need to see a doctor. In the long run, doing this will be better for your stick and your skills as a player.

Also consult this: http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2009/jul/08/tips-switching-pad-joystick/

Generally speaking though, to improve basic execution just go into training mode with Ryu and do 50 Fireballs on both sides, then 50 Shoryukens on both sides, etc. You've probably heard this before but it really is the best way to drill the motions into your brain.

This is totally gonna get deleted so I'll PM it to you.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I can honestly say that I've never heard of anyone having trouble from a pad to a stick. Doesn't even compute for me. Stick to pad, however, I can get understand,

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru

I dunno...this is my first real fighter, and using the stick is a challenging experience. I practice all I can when I'm in training mode, but when I'm in battle I feel a certain urgency and I pretty much forget everything I learned.
buy new parts asap. the buttons are cheap and a new stick is about 25. the buttons will break on you within the first few weeks and if your lucky like me they will work with no problem for about a month or so

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I can honestly say that I've never heard of anyone having trouble from a pad to a stick. Doesn't even compute for me. Stick to pad, however, I can get understand,
Well, if you've spent a long time playing a pad and only a pad, a stick can seem imprecise and incontrollable, because of how long you've spent getting to precision on a pad and how the stick moves much more freely than a pad does.

Most likely it's the same way vice versa, as well.

Anyway...

Using Ippatsuman's most powerful super (what are those called, I don't want to call them Ultras and get chided) to one shot Alex players who don't know how to super jump is immensely satisfying. It's interesting that Alex didn't get a double jump, but given his high damage output revenge is sweet.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
you shouldn't be using ippatsuman's lvl 3 super haha. it's pretty bad in comparison to everything else he has available.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
you shouldn't be using ippatsuman's lvl 3 super haha. it's pretty bad in comparison to everything else he has available.
Yep. :laugh: But it kills, as I said, against Alex players who don't know how to super jump, because otherwise he can't counter it.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
His third special or all? His third special eats up your meter fast in this game, no wonder no one uses it when I play someone that uses Ippatsuman. )=

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
CPU Yatterman-2 can get 30k from just the level 3 super, but when I try to mash, I don't get anywhere near 30k. Anyone figure out the best way to mash buttons on a gamecube controller? I've always sucked at mashing buttons, I can't even do Luigi's rising cyclone without jumping =(

Also, if you beat the game with roll, the credits game to unlock the minigame is sooooo much easier. So if you're having trouble unlocking the minigame, beat yami with roll.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
I think because instead of using the Doronbo team on their bike thing, you use Roll flying on a broom. Or somethin like that.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
CPU Yatterman-2 can get 30k from just the level 3 super, but when I try to mash, I don't get anywhere near 30k. Anyone figure out the best way to mash buttons on a gamecube controller? I've always sucked at mashing buttons, I can't even do Luigi's rising cyclone without jumping =(
You need to mash as fast as you can. It's a little harder to do if you're not using an arcade stick, but the GCN has a big A button so you should be able to get some mileage out of that. If you need help on how exactly to mash, look up vids like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Usu6_glBZ4

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Having issues facing Polimar... I haven't faced enough to learn what he can do yet and how to handle it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Polimar's not too bad to deal with now. Keeping my distance isn't too hard with Ryu and Jun on a team.
Only other matchup I'm feeling shaky with is Doronjo. Doronjo's a pretty good character if she has a good assist to back her up.
I've never faced a good Ippatsuman yet.

I've had enough of TvC for today though. Matches went smoothly for the most party until 5 o'clock here.
Every match then on was real laggy for some reason.

Top Bottom