• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tatsunoko vs Capcom!

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
Ryu is not cable.

Who thought of this idea?

Saki = Cable. D:

Ryu's hadoken is extremely punishable if done at random or used to spam, unlike something from Saki or Frank when spaced properly.

j.C will usually get you over projectiles and into the enemy's face.
I didnt mean it like that its just that his Shinkku hadoken comes out EXTREMELY fast lol Its this games equvilant of cable air Hyber viper beam. Its one of the best punishers in the game. Heck when i was playing the japanese import i was afraid they were gonna nerf it in this version. Other then that your right hes not like cable. Regular hadokens hit stun is incredibly long making it really good assist.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Although I think Chun is good on point... her super aren't mighty useful like others though, which is something in this kind of game that can make a character.
True. Kikoshou is really only good for DHCing into, Super Lightning Legs only works on stupid opponents or if you somehow get a juggle, and Raging Chun Li is just not very good (but it looks cool, which is very important). Because of this though, she's very good at getting meter, which along with her assist is what I think a lot of people will use her for on teams. Tekkaman Blade+Chun, Yatterman2+Chun, Ryu+Chun, or any meter hog+Chun will likely be some of the better teams that use her.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Super Lighting Legs can be combo'd into and leads to an aerial combo which you can do Chun Li's level 3 which is hella damging.

Getting a hit in means you can launch and air combo into a level 3.

here level 3 does good damage for a level 3 considering its air only as well. So wtf are you talking about bro when you say its not good.

Kikoshou blows though.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
lol idk I don't own this game I just watch it.

And I'd rather do 4 of TekkaBlade's dash supers than a Super Lightning Legs into Raging Chun Li.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Super Lighting Legs can be combo'd into and leads to an aerial combo which you can do Chun Li's level 3 which is hella damging.
Kikoshou blows though.
I usually try to avoid doing that. Using those 2 supers waste 4 meters off of my bar and the damage scaling from these two supers aren't worth it for me.

I've been using Chun Li and Jun lately which I'm finding quite nice at the moment. I like using Jun's 6C since it sets up Chun Li's assist which can lead to an aerial rave (lol are they still called that in TvC?).
I haven't unlocked any characters yet.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I don't have the time to lurk and read the 50+ pages so, has Karas been toned down or rather, has his infinites been removed?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
and yet, I still hate fighting against Karas.

So, is there an Ultimate All-Stars Tier List out yet?

I am calling that Ken the Eagle is still Top Tier with RYu joining him our at least Upper/the top of Mid-High Tier.

Lightan should be in his own Tier below Low Tier, of course.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Proposed Tier List:

God Tier:
PTX
PTX
PTX
PTX
PTX
PTX
PTX

lolscrub tier:
everyone else.

srsly.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've actually been having problems with fighting a certain player who uses Gold Lightan.
I still don't know how to deal with the matchup properly, but once he's in Baroque, I end up in a real tough spot.
I end up resorting to dumb tactics into beating him.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I meant when we would hear one and was trying to get us speculating, sorry for not coming out clear :p

PTX is pretty good. I would say "lolscrub" tier is actually people who play PTX and nothing but charge up chainsaw and throw.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
spam. ptx and lightan can't do **** about it. put tekkaman/megaman you got giant killers. tekkaman's assist is perfect for nullifying giants and megaman can weapon combo them in the air. blade (probably), saki, and casshan do well against giants too.

probably a tier list right now would be like ken, ai-chan, karas, c,joe, and ryu in top with alex and the fatties in low. but hey, things change. can't say anything until tournies happen.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Alright, I've heard nothing but good things about this game, so I'm going to be picking it up soon. Just wondering though, do we have to use friend codes for online in this game? I'm assuming yes because I'm obviously a pedophile, but I'm just checking.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Yes you do, or you can play ranked matches and add people to your rivals list or w/e its called

Alzi

Smash Master
With yatternamn-2 how do you shoot out those electric balls if i'm using gamecube controller?

And to charge up her other electric ball special do you just hold the super until it charges up?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Whenever you see a giant opponent about to attack, super jump dash. I use Alex so I can H in the air for a hit on the way down, I'm sure other characters can do more.

It's really not that hard, especially with Tekkaman/Volnutt team or Saki in there.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Alright, I've heard nothing but good things about this game, so I'm going to be picking it up soon. Just wondering though, do we have to use friend codes for online in this game? I'm assuming yes because I'm obviously a pedophile, but I'm just checking.
Only for your friend list. You can "befriend" randoms that are called Rivals.

yeah i tried that

i got sawwed to hell and back
lrn2shieldgun and run away.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I after doing nothing but camping with Megaman, I beat Yami easily. I only died with him on the last part because I panicked. I ended up delivering the last hit with Saki, and that was the only hit I gave with her. Sucks how she got the ending but not Megaman.

And that bike credits game is fun! lol @ Doronjo and the gang.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yatterman-2 is my main character, I'm alternating between Saki, Ryu, Tekkaman Blade and Jun for her teammate.

She's like... omg so fun. <3

Alzi

Smash Master
I use Batsu + Yatterman-2

I was thinking since i have a capcom character already i will use someone from the other side and decided for it to be a girl instead of a boy.

Not sure of some team combo's i can do since i am still pretty noobish at the game.

With yatternman-2's special where she jumps on the robot and shoots those things i was watching a video and she shoots out alot of them how do i do that?

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
If you don't know - you have to play through 6 different Tatsunoko character endings to unlock Tekkaman Blade and Joe the Condor (3 for Blade), and get the endings for all 4 secret characters to unlock Yatterman-2.
I knew. I was just noting my progress, but thanks anyway. Since then I've gotten Blade and Joe the Condor. Though, Blade and Frank were among those I used to unlock Joe and Zero, so do they count towards Yatterman-2 also, or would I have to complete the game again with them along with Joe and Zero?

And yeah, Yami goes down pretty easily from spamming Megaman's Machine Gun. When I first fought him I did have a lot of trouble. Now all I do is select Megaman with whoever I plan to beat the game with, super jump, fire machine gun, fire charged shot and repeat the progress.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
im maining ai-chan/souki. now i just need good team against giants.

ill laugh if every team becomes ai-chan/whoever.

and beating the game with hidden characters only goes to unlocking ai-chan.

and when i fight yami i pick yatterman1 and spam the hell out of his dog run super.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I knew. I was just noting my progress, but thanks anyway. Since then I've gotten Blade and Joe the Condor. Though, Blade and Frank were among those I used to unlock Joe and Zero, so do they count towards Yatterman-2 also, or would I have to complete the game again with them along with Joe and Zero?
You have to unlock their endings. Whether you use them to unlock the 6-endings-characters or not doesn't matter.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Just played it yesterday, after having the game for a week. Loving it already, my team is generally some mix between Ryu/Frank West and Ippatsuman/Viewtiful Joe.

Frank's Mega Buster really comes out quick... so far I haven't seen a projectile super that comes out faster, besides maybe Megaman's; it's really good to punish attacks, which is good because you can usually hit people out of anything with anything in this game. Viewtiful Joe's air combos are immensely satisfying, as are the way you can link Ippatsuman's ground moves.

Yami's... interesting. It's sort of like fighting Abyss but with grabs and you can't jump over him. Harder, but it only took me two tries to finish him the first time. Hammering him, making sure you have at least one character with a projectile super, and blocking when he pulls out something big (unless it's a grab) seems to do the job. Again, a lot like Ryu.

Alex's Hyper Bomb is just dope (it even grabs the giants, that's just friggin tight. It's a shame he can't do it to Yami), though one of my friends is an Alex player and it's extremely quick start up is a very irksome threat, as is his high damage output and powerful attacks. Luckily he's very easy to punish if you're good at spotting.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
With yatternman-2's special where she jumps on the robot and shoots those things i was watching a video and she shoots out alot of them how do i do that?
You need to mash as fast as you can. It's a little harder to do if you're not using an arcade stick, but the GCN has a big A button so you should be able to get some mileage out of that. If you need help on how exactly to mash, look up vids like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Usu6_glBZ4

Yami's... interesting. It's sort of like fighting Abyss but with grabs and you can't jump over him. Harder, but it only took me two tries to finish him the first time. Hammering him, making sure you have at least one character with a projectile super, and blocking when he pulls out something big (unless it's a grab) seems to do the job. Again, a lot like Ryu.
I'm pretty sure Abyss had grabs (that bubble thing in his second form). They didn't work on some characters like Sentinel, but he did have them.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Beat arcade mode with 3 or 6 Capcom characters. I forget which.

dealth0072

Smash Journeyman
I just got this game today and the combos/specials look easy enough to pull off, but for today I'm gonna be button mashing in practice mode and trying stuff there before I actually commit to learning the whole game.

Anything I should know to those who have been playing it for the last couple days?

Also what does R button do besides dash? It says it has all 3 types of attacks on it, but...how?

Top Bottom