• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tatsunoko vs Capcom!

Alzi

Smash Master
I know what buttons to press but every time i press a attack button then b after it usually just hits them then sends in my partner. >_>

Maybe i just need to get use to it alittle more so i can actually perform them better on the stick.

Do you think the d-pad is much easier then the gamecube's control stick? I just find it kinda akward.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I prefer the GC pad over the GC stick tbh. :/

I play prefectly fine actuaclly..

Most of my dropped combos are a result of wifi, analog triggers input not in sync with digital pad, and my buffering special moves I never mean to buffer. That and just ****ing up a combo, but that doesn't happen to me alot.

Well... here's Japan's ranking list and assist list (Giants and Console chars excluded)
Char rankings:

S  大鷲の健 KEN 鴉 KARAS ヤッターマン1号 YATTERMAN1 ドロンジョ DORONJO

S- ロック・ヴォルナット VOLNUTT 春麗 CHUN LI

A  キャシャーン CASSHAN 白鳥のジュン JUN リュウ RYU モリガン MORRIGAN

B  テッカマン TEKKAMAN バツ BATSU ロール ROLL

C  ポリマー POLIMAR アレックス ALEX 灰燼の蒼鬼 SOKI

Assist rankings:

S   ポリマー POLIMAR モリガン MORRIGAN 春麗 CHUN LI ロック・ヴォルナット VOLNUTT

S- 鴉 KARAS テッカマン TEKKAMAN リュウ RYU

A   白鳥のジュン JUN バツ BATSU アレックス ALEX ロール ROLL

B   大鷲の健 KEN キャシャーン CASSHAN ドロンジョ DORONJO 灰燼の蒼鬼 SOKI

C   ヤッターマン1号 YATTERMAN-1
Rofl @ Japan's tier list.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Another question, how do you do the assist specials? I can't figure it out :urg:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Heh, the computer did it on me but it was a bad combo, I was too far back to be hit by Megamans' drill

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Yatterman1 and some other Tatsunoko guy summoned their giant robots that shot fire and blasts and stuff. The unison was very fitting.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Pressing Assist while activating your L1 super = Variable Hyper Combo
Timing is very crucial. As soon as the L1 motion is done, immediately press to call your partner (if they are alive) in and they will perform their super as well.
Costs 3 Levels to use

*Not all L1 Supers can be used to start Variable/Delayed Hyper Combos. You'll know which ones because they activate "cutscenes" while the move is taking place.

~Shoryuken.com

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I'll play anyone. If you all can, come down to the IRC for TvC.

It's on the EFNet server. Channel #SRKTvC Head over to the SRK forums too, for info and ****. lolvertising

Been working with Yatter2/Frank for a while now.

Anyone need any help some of us are pretty decent so far, like GHNeko, me, and a few others.

crifer

Smash Lord
RYu is **** good in this game. combos in everything and spamable projectile.
I like batsu, too. his ultra is too good, if your partner is dead^^
I also like polimar with ryu, I combo the ultra out of shinku haidouken to do like 3/4 damage, insane stuff.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Soki gets owned by ryu SO bad lol. As soon as ryu has bar he can super anything soki does. shinkuu hadoken is hilarious. Ryu is the new cable lol. His assist is incredible too.
Oh jesus, this is too true >_< If I beat the guy on the first round (I always play Alex and Soki first round and then mix up my teams after I see how they play) they mostly switch to Ryu if they didn't play him first round. A very frustrating match follows if they're good (usually also if they're bad, but frustrating for the wrong reasons).

Tekkaman blade is good i just wish that he could have a real dash instead of a flight pattern. Though with a quick hop dash he has one of the fastset overheads in the game lol
I'm pretty sure that's why he doesn't have a "regular" dash, so instead of ****** all the time he just ***** most of the time, lol

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I just unlocked Zero and Tekkaman Blade yesterday. They're freaking epic. My current main team is Volnutt/Zero and I have Blade/Doranjo as a backup team of sorts. The only thing I don't really like about Zero is that it feels like he has to combo for days just to do mediocre damage.

On the bright side, I don't know if this was mentioned yet, but with Zero's "rainbow laser" super, if you do the super-tag after he punches the ground the beams don't get canceled out like other projectiles are super-tagged. So you can startup Zero's super, then immediatley tag to your partner and use their super to block the enemy from escaping Zero's.

As for Blade, that Falchion move where he teleports and throws his staff is too much fun. I still don't know how to actually block it when he goes through you, lol. Regarding his dash, I've found ground backdashes can be an interesting method for escaping. Backdash > Projectile is a nifty retreat/spacing tactic.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Ryu is not cable.

Who thought of this idea?

Saki = Cable. D:

Ryu's hadoken is extremely punishable if done at random or used to spam, unlike something from Saki or Frank when spaced properly.

j.C will usually get you over projectiles and into the enemy's face.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Saki is a female version of Cable except she's very fixed.... and hawt. =3

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
So, I got it today with its European release, and like, it's my first vs. Capcom ever. So I totally suck. D:

I'm still not done with playing through with all characters, but Yatterman-2, Saki and Jun seem to be among my favourites.
Can't say for sure, though, as I haven't played through all characters yet.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
When I quoted that I wqasn't so much referring to "Ryu is the new Cable" (if we're talking about how much he's used and how useful he is to a team, no question he is, but they're different) but more of the "Ryu can get around basically everything Soki has"

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yea, from what I've gathered during testing characters out, Ryu seems to be one of the best, if not the best character. Karas (despite me having trouble controlling him properly), Tekkaman Blade, Ken the Eagle and Chun-Li also seem to be very good characters.

Of course, I haven't played everyone yet, so those opinions might change.

Gold Lightan sucks.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Chun Li is looking like she has the best assist in the game right now. It seems to me right now that she'll be the new Psylocke/Cyclops/Cammy in that she'll still be decent on point but most people will use her for her assist, whether for setting up combos or for AAing people.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I haven't posted in awhile. :)

So, I got my copy yesterday, and my only problem so far is I'm having trouble using Voulnutt properly. Whenever I try to use one of his weapons, I sometimes end switching weapons instead. I usually resort to using supers to switch weapons. He's harder to use than I thought. Though I have faith that with practice, such will become less of an issue.

Originally I was going to main him and Zero as my primary team, but I think I'll chose from either Roll, Saki, Zero, Ken, Jun, and Casshan to partner him up with for a more varied playing experience.

I'm going to hold off of online for the time being because my skill just isn't there yet. Also, I want to unlock more from arcade mode as character wise I've only unlocked Frank and Zero.

kr3wman

Smash Master
wtf gates I thought that was me posting lulz.

Although I think Chun is good on point... her super aren't mighty useful like others though, which is something in this kind of game that can make a character.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Yatterman-2, Zero, and Morrigan is currently my best after playing a with different people. I'm trying to get better with Ryu, Tekkaman Blade, Karas, Megaman, and Frank West, but no dice so far. :p

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'm going to hold off of online for the time being because my skill just isn't there yet. Also, I want to unlock more from arcade mode as character wise I've only unlocked Frank and Zero.
If you don't know - you have to play through 6 different Tatsunoko character endings to unlock Tekkaman Blade and Joe the Condor (3 for Blade), and get the endings for all 4 secret characters to unlock Yatterman-2.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
hey im having some trouble with getting the baroque combo thing in use. can some explain how to exactly use it during a combo?
How to use it? Press the Partner button along with A/B/C to go into Baroque. Doesn't matter which of those buttons you press.
When to use it is up to you. It's best to do it when you have more red life.
When you should activate it is right before your combo ends so you can dash in (if necessary) and repeat your combo causing more damage.

Top Bottom