• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tatsunoko vs Capcom!

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
He's got a amazing cross up game. Yes i know. His projectile is Laughable bro.

But yea. You NEED to give a **** about his low leath. He's got the second worst health in the game. Roll has the same amount of health as him, BUT she's short, giving her semi-immunity to normal BnBs ie she gets hit less AND she has a recovery special.

Zero gets wrecked by mistakes sooo **** hard.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Everyone gets wrecked by mistakes badly in fighting games. Like Ragna of BlazBlue, Zero just has the inconvenience of low health, compensated by his options. He's a viable mid-tier character at least, imo. And besides, no smart Zero player would keep Zero out to try and endure an entire match. S'why we have teams.

Reserve such firm judgements for when this game actually GETS a metagame and tournaments going for a tier list to be established.

[EDIT]

Also, you haven't seen Zero's Z-Saber projectile, have you? His Z-Buster is good for combo'ing too.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I never said Zero sucks.

I just said anyone who wants ot play Zero, prepare to get wrecked, because you will, because you're learning Zero because the game is new. I've called him solid mid, low mid since I got the game like 3 days ago.

Also. His projectile is lol, bro. It's not that hot.

He's part of my main team. And I've been playing non-stop for 2 days, being one of the only few people in US actually developing his metagame with SRK people. Megabuster only combos when zero is in Vism mode. When he isnt, then it does not combo at all. Lvl 1 buster has too much wind down vs hitstun to combo, and lvl 2 and 3 cause knock down without vism mode, which is why you can't combo into it normally.

Come on bro. I'm not spouting theorycraft.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Sorry, all those negatives you were pointing out about Zero being destroyed gave me the impression that you thought, you know, he SUCKS.

Sorry, bro. XD The way you presented Zero's weak points made it seem you were making him out to be trash.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
No. I'm pointing out his weak points as reasons as why anyone picking up Zero day 1 will be wrecked by other players at their level, above their level, and potentially below their level, until they become proficient enough to work around his ****ty health and NOT GET HIT, proficent enough to work with his ****ty DPS and break through their opponent's defenses over 9000 times.

Also, I'm going to smack the next person who says Zero has a good projectile. rofl.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Maaaan. I hate Zero's Health over everything else.

Getting wrecked by 1 Tekkaman combo that eats up 75-80% of my health is the most depressing and infuriating thing EVER.

That **** is just dumbbbbb.

Like. I was playing against people earlier today. and I get in like so many times and pull off so many combos and mix ups.

and they like smack me once, and half my life is gone, and after I **** the hell out of them, they only lost like. 30%

and im like

:|

wtf. ***** i was crossin u up y u got so much health

and they're like

idk awesome.gif

and they smack me again, and zero is dead

:|

**** is dumb

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Tekkaman's damage output is insanely good. It's a really frustrating match-up. The game discourages turtling, but sometimes waiting, spacing, all of those things is what you gotta do. ...and if the going gets tough against Tekkaman for Zero? Well that's when you switch to your second fighter who can handle him better, and use Zero for helping end combos with assist, or dual super combos so that Rekkouha (LVL 1 Special) actually has use.

I may be a massive Zero fan, but if I'm gonna be competitive in this game, like hell am I gonna be keeping him out against Tekkaman for long. Just enough to get my licks in and switch. He's better on assist/special support with Rekkouha anyway if Tekkaman's being fought.

Ryu ftw.

I also just think that Capcom has a problem with actually making their characters GOOD. Just lookit MvC 2, they don't know how to make a Capcom character good in the VS. series. XD

Well, least TvC isn't so ridiculous. It'll be fun.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Square-Enix vs. Capcom

The Final Fantasy series, (if Disney were nice enough about it) Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger/Cross, Star Ocean, Last Remnant, to name a few things...

Now that would be a heck of a crossover. Perfect game and setting of characters to include Dante and/or Nero on the Capcom side to fight the fellow sword users and whatnot. Kinda like how Tatsunoko vs. Capcom had some robot stuff that Zero from Mega Man X fit into.

I can dream, **** it. XD
No no no no NO!

I'd play it, but still NO! That's pretty much degradation on Square-Enix's part. Not to say the Capcom crossover games are bad, but Squenix is in a much higher league for them to have to do that, even if it was pure fanservice. I think they should stick with the Dissidia lore if they were to keep the fighters up. Most of these crossover fighters have little to no story, and Square-Enix is known for story-telling, so that's a major smack.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Well by your logic, Nintendo failed with a Nintendo crossover because Mario is low tier in Brawl. :O

kr3wman

Smash Master
I also just think that Capcom has a problem with actually making their characters GOOD. Just lookit MvC 2, they don't know how to make a Capcom character good in the VS. series. XD

Well, least TvC isn't so ridiculous. It'll be fun.
aren't Ryu and Chun like two of the top three character.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I just got the game...

But my Wii isn't with me, and I won't have access to it for month.

Che Sera Sera, that's what mooching is for. Still can't wait to go off with Viewtiful Joe and Megman.

Sonic is not the only Sega character, you know. :mad:
This is the reason I could really get behind a Sega Crossover game. Sega has a ton of characters that people have semi-forgotten that would still make great fighting game characters.

Virtua Fighter Characters (though switching from 3D to 2D might not work so well), Shining Force Characters (anyone remember Zylo?), Vectorman (Vectorman vs Megaman... you know you want to see it), House Of The Dead Characters (Most of the boss characters would fit, and G representing the heroes), Altered Beast, maybe even Kid Chameleon... the list goes on and on. Oh, and the guy from Comix Zone. Definitely the guy from Comix Zone.

Plus, the premiere fight could be Sonic vs Megaman (which would look a lot better than Ryu vs Whoever-From-Sega)

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
Hey just got the game today.
Seems great im really loving ryu and ken just like in the imported version. Only thing i can say is that the throw system seems to have improved (hard to grab in the other version). Im waiting along time till i go online. I love practice mode in every game lol

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
and mic who would be in a valve v capcom (other than morgan freeman and tf chars)? im not trying to be a ******* or anything, im seriously asking :|
The ones I'd want to see, Gordon Freeman, Alex Vance, G-Man, Dog, TF2 characters (would imagine Scout and Heavy probably being the best two) , Chell, Companion Cube/Turrent/Something else from portal, L4D(2) Survivor, L4D(2) Special Infected, Counterstrike guy

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Stay on topic, Mic. This is your first warning.

I am loving the game. It's funny how Frank West's stage is available before even unlocking him.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Got the game and arcade stick yesterday. I'm going to take a week to familiarize myself before I head online. Learning a stick is so....weird. XD

I LOVE the Yatterman couple, they're so fun to play with. My mains for suuuure!

Oh, and Tekkaman Blade's level is amazing for the music alone.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Hey, there, Travis.

I used Yatterman1 just a few ago. Pretty wacky, and fights with a kendama? Why do people fight with kendamas!?

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Wow, Zero really does have low health.

I still don't know how to use Hypers. I just press buttons and they happen lol

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=111979

Seems the developer for TvC is interested in adding DLC characters for the game :)

Also, he's interested in working with Nintendo characters. I think this means that if Wii gets TvC 2 (if the first sells enough) there might be a nintendo character like SC 2 (and if nintendo agrees of course).

....or even better, Nintendo vs Capcom :O

Yeah, that's never going to happen...
Of course it never is
Actually i hope it does lol...

First off, which Nintendo characters are even worth being in a fighting game, and i'm not talking about any Smash characters, NO, I'm talking about any real time fighters, aside from Link. Please show the light......

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I hope not. Goodness, that would make characters like Saki Amamiya playable in it, and that would hurt the next Smash game if there will ever be one.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Got the game yesterday. Pretty fun so far.

Currently my only "main" is Megaman. I seem to be a natural for campy/keep-away characters in games, lol. My other slot keeps rotating between Karas, Batsu, and Frank West, though I still haven't tried out most of the characters. Doronjo and Yatterman-2 interest me due to their zoning/trap-based playstyles.

And for the lulz I'll sometimes whip out GOOOOOLD LIIIIGHTAN. The giants are pretty nifty characters, as more vs games are made they could become a cool new archetype if Capcom irons out the balance.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
And for the lulz I'll sometimes whip out GOOOOOLD LIIIIGHTAN. The giants are pretty nifty characters, as more vs games are made they could become a cool new archetype if Capcom irons out the balance.
Gold Lightan just looks all around awesome. That classic look is just amazing.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Top Bottom