• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tatsunoko vs Capcom!

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
It's been known for a while as a Japan-only game. Everyone thought it was never going to be released in NA until 4th quarter of last year.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I would say 2nd quarter since E3 reviled it. Now if only Puyo Puyo 7 would be released in the US. )=

I still love it when I see Saki's 3rd special, it's so.... beautiful. <3

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman

I still love it when I see Saki's 3rd special, it's so.... beautiful. <3
Too bad it does so little damage =(

Really liking Saki's others supers, too. Unblockable special shot leads to some insanely awesome damage. (Load the ammo, get your buddy to use their super, while they're blocking the super, shoot them with the incredibly powerful shot, and they get hit with the rest of the super from your buddy.)

Crazyy!

Just a quick question here, what do people play with here? I'm using the gamecube controller since I'm just more used to Smash, but it's kinda hurting (johnsss). Does anyone play with the wiimote/nunchuk/classic and how does it compare? Thanks.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I use a laptop keyboard to play.

I'm really liking Doronjo a lot, but she isn't very aggressive; she's more like a set-up type fighter. I forgot his name (I think Ippatsuman), but he has some really sick air combos that follow up with that Primary Lotus hyper. I may pair those two up. And Yami is an annoying final boss.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
anyone else use kanjin no soki? that guy is amazing!! and a good question is that how come none of the resident evil characters are in? thats like one of capcoms biggest series?

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
They didn't want the game to be too similar to Marvel vs. Capcom and Capcom vs. SNK, so they decided to use some other characters. Frank West represents the Capcom zombie game.

Soki is pretty awesome, but too slow for me. I like his Oni Trans though.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
lol, same thing happened to me. i spammed/camped ryus hadoken and i still lost. its dumb that yami receives no hitstun at all and in his final form, it has that finisher that can take out like 3/4s of your health.
Super jump. If you get caught. Mega Crash.

What is the C button for a gamecube controller?

C = Heavy. What ever you have set to heavy or "H"

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
fighting Yami with the Lightan was incredibly frustrating...for some reason I just kept getting wrecked.

Also, any tips on getting the mini-game by collecting the letters during the credits? Or do I simply need to practice pressing jump more?

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
fighting Yami with the Lightan was incredibly frustrating...for some reason I just kept getting wrecked.

Also, any tips on getting the mini-game by collecting the letters during the credits? Or do I simply need to practice pressing jump more?
yeah, im having trouble with the bike credit thing too. i keep falling or for some reason my bike wont even jump

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm

for lightan v yami i only used jab, nothing more. if you see an attack coming brq on reaction and block that ****.

and for the mini game thingy, just time it better. and don't fall off. it might be easier when you're using roll.

anyway, this game rocks. i think my team is either gonna be polymar/c.joe or souki/c.joe.

lcampoy8

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-8395-9035
Soki is pretty awesome, but too slow for me. I like his Oni Trans though.

Meh oni soki isn't that good, most good players will just run away and it becomes a waste :(

anyways my main right now is Soki tho i'm still trying to find a second character.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
So Joe the Condor is pretty cool but I don't like him as much as I hoped. Soki, who I had no intention of playing with, is quickly becoming my second favorite to. Alex is just as much fun as I was expecting. I usually play Alex and Soki, but also run Tekkaman Blade and Soki, Joe the Condor and Alex, Alex and Ippatsuman, well in my teams you can expect to see Soki or Alex in there :p

The Wi-Fi for this pisses me off more than Brawl. I can't say how many matches I lost because the lag made the screen freeze or it takes a full second for my character to attack or move after I press the button. I also should have more wins but, around 6 people so far have quit mid-match. I was fighting this guy who was PTX-4OA who did nothing but the chainsaw, and I got him in a Hyper Bomb and right before Alex was about to drop him the third time he disconnected. At least my friends' connections are good.

I also don't really see why people complain about Yami. He's about as hard as Abyss :/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I had to do some port forwarding for TvC to run more smoothly.
It really helped, but of course I have to deal with some lag. Air combos are a pain though online, which is why I'm using Ryu a lot more now.

I haven't faced anyone who disconnected on me yet. Hope it stays that way.
At least Capcom somewhat punishes disconnecters.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
Soki gets owned by ryu SO bad lol. As soon as ryu has bar he can super anything soki does. shinkuu hadoken is hilarious. Ryu is the new cable lol. His assist is incredible too.
Tekkaman blade is good i just wish that he could have a real dash instead of a flight pattern. Though with a quick hop dash he has one of the fastset overheads in the game lol

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
What do you guys think of Frank? I quite like him myself, plan on using him and Roll/Chun-li

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Haven't unlocked Frank yet, but I've seen his entire moveset and it's pretty hilarious. Coming from a pretty depressing game, they sure made him a very happy character in TvC. I like what they did with him.

Alzi

Smash Master
He's a really funny character thats good aswell lol.

Hmm i'm still trying to get use to this game. How do you guys think a noob should start at it?

I somtimes go in training mode and practice parts of combo's then try to do it all at once. I still don't know how to do a few things like Baroque and other stuff even if it is as simple as hitting 2 buttons lol.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I'm a noob. I practiced with Ippatsuman and Megaman Volnut. Mega is good with range and Ippatsuman is great with combos. Try turning on the command list. It shows all their moves.

Alzi

Smash Master
Yeah i somtimes can't get them right. :(

And when i am facing them to the left i get confused on which way to twirl the stick to do the certain move i want. I'm using gamecube controller and i find it hard to do the zig zag combo's are they all really easy to do on a stick?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
use the d-pad like i do. rofl.

also to BBQ, just press any of the 3 attack buttons and the partner button.

or...read the instruction manual.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Yeah I hate those freaking zig zag combos. I end up using the the curve combos by mistake. Well, I AM using a keyboard....

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
While I think of it, what was the deal with these icons for "Player Settings"? What are they and where are they used?

Top Bottom