• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tatsunoko vs Capcom!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
@^:
Are matches usually laggy? I just got on for the first time and it was laggy on free battle. Or is it just completely random. I don't want to be doing laggy ranked matches. . .

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Distance, connection, and radio interruptions are causes of lag. Brawl's wifi was just bad in almost every aspect. TvC's wifi is legit.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I played for several hours yesterday and expierienced no noticable lag whatsoever. I couldn't even tell if there was input lag.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
Yeah, I stick to country for free battles, but so far, it has just been lag for me. No consequence since it's free battle, but I have yet to find a non-lag match. I'll get my chance. :)
*edit*
Okay. I just got a good clean match. I guess it just depends..oh well.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
..and that somehow makes this discovery less significant? Or are you just informing us ignorant masses?

If it's the latter, thanks for that tidbit.

Regardless, now Karas (invincible except for a split second where he's cancelling his jump, so can't go through beams) and PTX (giants should not be able to have this much mobility =( )has a godly way to approach, and a lot of moves are now unsafe on the ground.

crazy!

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I like the music in the game as well. I know they took out the original for license reasons but the original music is really good.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
This was just found in another TvC thread on smashboards, thought I'd share:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9JVvBMyHiw

TvC has wavedashing.

Something just got real.
My friend mentioned this to me last week on IM. He kinda knew how to do it but he couldn't get it off consistently.
He said he didn't find anyone talking about it on SRK at the time. Wonder if he was the one that mentioned it or someone beat him to the punch.

EDIT: After reading the SRK thread, someone beat him to the punch.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
So can Lightan do this dash thing? lol

And it's not really a wavedash so much as it is extending the length of your ground dash.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Wavedashing in MvC2 was an extension of the ground dash (or rather a way to link multiple dashes together), so as far as Street Fighter teminology is concerned, yes it is basically a wavedash.

kirbyfan66

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kirbyfan66
What you said. Wavedashing?

I love this game. I main, in order; Megaman Volnutt, Zero, Joe, Roll, Ryu, Franky, Chun Li.

And if anyone's wondering, yes, I have online.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Zman couple of posts up already mentioned who can't.

Lightan can't cancel his dashes into jumps so you just can't do it.
Morrigan is off the gound instantly so you can't do another one.

T.Blade can do it because he does stay a few frames on the ground. but you're making his dash slower.
Zero can do it but you don't really get any faster.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
What makes that AT so important is that a wiffed attacked from ANY point on the screen at ANY point is now basically a huge loss of HP.

kr3wman

Smash Master
bait it and punish it.

only one I see getting waaay better from this is like Karas since he probably can go through projectiles on reaction or something.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Anyone who complains about wavedashing in TvC while posting on Smashboards needs to leave.

Especially when it's not even as game changing as Melee's Wavedashing.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm posting this again, does anyone want to add me to their FC list in TvC?
I just posted my FC on SRK so I'll post it here again.
5457-0781-1498

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
How's the lag in this game compared to Brawl? Do you often get near lagless matches? :O

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
How's the lag in this game compared to Brawl? Do you often get near lagless matches? :O
Brawl's wifi just sucks overall. TvC wifi is normal, but things like distance and connection will come into play. So if both partners have a good connection, you will experience very little lag or no lag at all. Distance isn't as dynamic as connection strength.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Wifi is still really good.

However, once you start getting familiar with the characters ie getting better. Then it really just starts to piss you off. x__x

Playing with Minato was annoying as hell because I know what he was doing.

IAD j C > 2A > Combo.

But wifi consistantly either kept delying my inputs long enough or just not reading them.

That and I dropped combos that I would never drop offline.

You really have to rely on muscle memory with this game, at least online.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Anyone who complains about wavedashing in TvC while posting on Smashboards needs to leave.

Especially when it's not even as game changing as Melee's Wavedashing.
I'm a Brawl player. I have every right to complain about wavedashing. Were I a melee player, I would be a hypocrite.

And it looks a lot more game-changing than Melee's Wavedashing could ever be. The ability of almost any character to start a combo from any point of the stage at any time very much changes the game, especially if that character is Karas.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
What is this?
instant air dash > jumping fierce > crouching light

simplified as iad > jc > 2a

when people are referring to numbers in combos use your number pad as a reference (like a hadouken is 236attack). attack buttons are simplified as a (light) b (medium) c (heavy) and p (partner, some might refer to partner as d also).

hope that helps.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'm a Brawl player. I have every right to complain about wavedashing. Were I a melee player, I would be a hypocrite.

And it looks a lot more game-changing than Melee's Wavedashing could ever be. The ability of almost any character to start a combo from any point of the stage at any time very much changes the game, especially if that character is Karas.

Melee wavedashing completely homogenized the ground game and changed how character's functioned while on the ground.

TvC's doesn't because all it does is boost the speed of which you travel on the ground.

Also, i'm not talking about "OH LOL WAVEDASHING ABUSE I DIDNT PLAY MELEE"

I'm more or less talking about people complaining about the exploit of a glitch while posting on Smashboards where there are numerous glitches used as ATs in Melee AND Brawl, need to leave.

You can't complain about a non-game breaking glitch while using playing a game in which competitive play condones and encourages use of similar gitches.

:|

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Melee wavedashing completely homogenized the ground game and changed how character's functioned while on the ground.

TvC's doesn't because all it does is boost the speed of which you travel on the ground.

Also, i'm not talking about "OH LOL WAVEDASHING ABUSE I DIDNT PLAY MELEE"

I'm more or less talking about people complaining about the exploit of a glitch while posting on Smashboards where there are numerous glitches used as ATs in Melee AND Brawl, need to leave.

You can't complain about a non-game breaking glitch while using playing a game in which competitive play condones and encourages use of similar gitches.

LOL Pretty much this. I agree.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace

Well... just for the sake of argument...

Sure you can. Just because "competitive play" condones a certain playstyle doesn't mean you have to agree with them for your opinions to have weight.

(I'd link to TVTropes but I get the feeling I'd piss a few people off when I really don't want to).

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Then what are you doing on Smashboards if you have that form of mentality.

The concept of competitive play is "Play to Win."

You do what it takes.

Smashboards encourages this mentality.

If you dont agree with it, you don't belong here.

Top Bottom