• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tatsunoko vs Capcom!

Melfice z

Smash Ace
im suprised everyone doesnt primarily use the gc controller... considering we all play brawl/melee here.
anyway i felt completely comfortable picking up the game with the GC and im competent :/

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Ugh, no matter how many weeks i wait inbetween, no matter how much I convince myself "it won't be like that the next time" no matter what I do, I keep coming to the conclusion that this is without a doubt one of the most frustrating fighters to play online, and it wouldn't even be 99% of that if it wasn't on the ****ing Wii's online.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
Yeah, for the Wii(for a fighting game), it's good online, and sadly, it's still bad. Playing in person is a lot more fun and obviously more accurate outcomes.
Also, GC controller all the way!

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
IMO:
GC and Classic Controllers are recommended budgetwise
Wiimote is NO
Arcade Sticks are mostly optional IMO, but in SF4, Arcade Sticks are the ABSOLUTE way to play, I'd save my money on that SF4 Arcade Stick instead

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Got to the SemiFinals in Fanime's TvC: UAS tournament with Soki/Alex. Who would have expected that the Finalists would have had Tekkaman Blade, Ryu, and Zero in their teams? :p

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
With a good combo extender assist backing him (Ryu or Morrigan in particular) Zero is pretty much the best character in the game. Without something like that, he's good but not the best. Yatterman-2 is real underrated, she definitely should be top tier

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Thanks and you guys are right, dam is he fast and powerful. (Unlocked final characters today.) My favorite team right now is Soki Zero. I know they do not work that well together, but I love Soki (Onimusha series is one of my favorite game franchises as is Megaman.) Just curious what is the most popular team? I hear Ryu makes up 50% of teams, but what about the other most common guy?

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
He can pressure safely, his rushdown is really good, and he builds meter like a mofo.
No he can't safely completely. There are points during his blockstrings that he can be thrown out of what he's doing, Phampy demonstrated this excellently vs Marn at Evo(and destroyed Marn for that matter).

His meter building is really good for sure but Zero is really just extremely dependent on the player. Everyone says Zero is god tier but how many Zeros are(or were rather, the game is dead competitively) big things with Zero? One person, Marn thats it. He isn't even the best anymore as well so it isn't even like he shows complete significance to todays game. Fact is that Zero has very low health, does very little damage without an assist(and a proper one at that, such as Polimar) and his more advanced combos are harder to pull off than most characters' this is not to mention that his advanced combos do only as much damage as many characters simple combos!

With a good combo extender assist backing him (Ryu or Morrigan in particular) Zero is pretty much the best character in the game. Without something like that, he's good but not the best. Yatterman-2 is real underrated, she definitely should be top tier
Nah he isn't the best. It's mostly universally agreed these days that Tekkaman Blade is the best. He can make himself safe with Shamshir, he has the best air mobility in the game, a good projectile, gigantic range, the best super in the game(Crash Intrude), and best of all: he doesn't need Baroque to do big damaging combos.

That wouldn't surprise me at all.
Haha yeah it probably is.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Just curious I thought PTX-40A was horrible, but I hear he has some redeaming freatures, what are they, or was the guy who told me that trolling me?

§leepy God

Smash Master
I hate to say it but I agree. I think this game would had been largely more popular if it weren't for the online being laggy. I do enjoy this game much more than MvC3 right now because the gameplay of this game is less mindless and require more strategy.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I hate to say it but I agree. I think this game would had been largely more popular if it weren't for the online being laggy. I do enjoy this game much more than MvC3 right now because the gameplay of this game is less mindless and require more strategy.
Is that the reason that this game is not as popular? It is a really good game, I am surprised to see such a small community for this game.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Is that the reason that this game is not as popular? It is a really good game, I am surprised to see such a small community for this game.
I believe so, almost everybody just talk negatively about the online. The gameplay is fine.

the fact that it came out on the Wii only is part of the reason why this game isnt as popular as it should have been IMO
That could also be part of the reason, though TvC would get buried by other fighters that's for PS3/360.

Staz

Smash Lord
LOVE TVC, still need to get better, and ever since mvc3 came out I almost forgot that tvc even existing, anyway hope to have some good discussions about this game. *suscribes*

Yamada

Smash Apprentice
TVC was the best game i had for my wii :D
If my wii still have worked i would have been playing this game still...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, both are kind of meh. I kind of want to play TvC: CGoH again. Top tier Karas was fun.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Mahvel = Marvel 2

Mehvel = Marvel 3
Marvel vs Capcom 2 from what I have played was ok, though kind of over the top and strongly disliked the Dreamcast controller. Do not have a PS3 or 360 so I have not played MvC3, but I hear it is ok though over the top.

On the topic of Tatsunoko vs Capcom what is it about the Japanese version that makes it different other then the fact it has one character the us version does not have? Which one is better?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It's balanced entirely differently. It's a completely different game. It also has, like, four characters that the Japanese one doesn't, if I remember correctly.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
When I played MVC2 at a friends house, it was kinda fun. TVC never played. MvC3 kinda blew imo.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
So... I just bought this today...

Really liking Doronjo and Karas, but I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing at the moment (just button mashing), can someone give me some links or advice to work off of?

Top Bottom