• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tatsunoko vs Capcom!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
You should first try to unlock the 5 hidden characters - it's easy to do tbqh, even when only button mashing.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
You have to unlock their endings. Whether you use them to unlock the 6-endings-characters or not doesn't matter.
Thanks. With that info I should have Yatterman-2 by tonight. I can't wait to try her out! I hope she makes a good partner with Megaman. I might even be tempted to have a side team of Yatterman-1 and 2.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I do think YM-2 and Rock should be a nice team. YM-2 has an amazing close-up game, a great aerial game and her assist isn't too shabby either.
Oh, also, her Supers kick butt. Like, seriously.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm using Batsu and Ryu right now, but i'm liking Roll and Ippatsuman as well.

I suck. I know it. I'm not all that good at any 2d fighter.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Haha.
Well, I suck too. Currently I'm in the transition phase of "random button mashing" into "pushing buttons and hoping that the right attack comes out".
This is my first vs. Capcom game, and it has so many things to watch out for, so for now I'm just trying to get into it.

Though luckily I've played so many fighting games competitively, even very complex ones, so it's rather easy for me to see the traits of a character.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Yo.. another online failure on the wii but w/e lol TvC is my new fav wii game. I just gotta buy the us version. Ryu and Zero will be my team unless I still like karas :/

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
Can someone provide me with a link to learn basic stuff as well as combo list for characters? I'm a first timer and I really want to get better, the fighting system seems really good and I have no idea where to start.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Got this game yesterday, already unlocked Frank and Zero.

I am past Mashing and I know inputs on my main Characters specials (Saki,Soki,Frank) But I don't know how to all these advanced combos and air combos, any tips?

Flayl

Smash Hero
I've heard that people can play with the wiimote online and super-shortcut-special spam you... Is this true?

If you only play with the wiimote, you press 2 to do a hadoken, down+2 to do a shoryuken and back+2 to do a hurricane kick...

That's going to kill ranked battles for me (haven't bought it yet :( )

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've heard that people can play with the wiimote online and super-shortcut-special spam you... Is this true?

If you only play with the wiimote, you press 2 to do a hadoken, down+2 to do a shoryuken and back+2 to do a hurricane kick...

That's going to kill ranked battles for me (haven't bought it yet :( )
Why would it kill ranked battles for you?
It's not like the best controller for winning is the wii remote...
It's not going to put anyone else at a disadvantage anyway. You can't pull off the same combos with a wii remote as oppose to the other controllers.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
My first 2d fighting game in... ever... but it's surprisingly fun.

I play as Ken, Ippatsuman, Batsu, and both Yattermans primarily right now.. but I only got the game yesterday... so... yeah.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
PTX have an infinite throw in the corner.... O_o

What is the timing to break away again?

crifer

Smash Lord

A friend of mine realized that, too. gay.
Hope you have enough bar to do the idk what it´s called. press all 3 attakc buttons + partner button.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Baroque. Attack Button and Partner simultaneously. It's a pain to have to do that just for something cheap though.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^^ Well Zook, that can easily be fixed can it? ;)

It's worth it because this game is ROARING at me right now, I haven't been playing anything but TvsC, it's PWNS, especially Soki, I seems to be unbeatable with him at the moment, Batsu is another good character as well though his throw suck.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Heck yea, I think ptx and Batsu are some of the best with combos, I'm exceptionally good with them when it comes to Soki, I mean NO lag.

Edit (PTX has an infinitive?) WoW, I like this even more!!

Minato

穏やかじゃない

It's not an infinite. From my experience teching the throw is different from teching a normal throw.
I found it easier to rotate the stick while mashing Heavy or whatever.

I don't mind facing the giants that much anymore since I know how their moves work now.
Well, except when I'm Karas. I still hate that matchup.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yea, the extra game is indeed dang hard. >.<

It seems Tekkaman Blade and Doronjo are nice team partners for my YM2! So I will use them now. :3

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Been playing this game like non-stop.

I pair zero with Souki. He has great rush down abilities and some pretty easy to pull of combos. He has a level 1 special that allows him to shoot lot of projectiles as well. His rainbow special is great when you pair it with a special that holds them in place ( AKA super fire hell sword)

I also pair Souki with tekkaman blade who I think is one of the best. Souki's fire sword raises the opponent into voltekka when you combo into it and pair the specials together. if you don't combo into it, its 17-18 billion easy. Tekkaman blades move where he pulles his spinning weapon on a rope behind him seems to trip everybody up too. Seems people have a hard time defending it. You do that move and they block but then you use an assist and hit them from both sides. Seems really good.....

I really love souki due to his pokes and ability to breach defenses. But he will have a tough time against characters like Ken and Saki in my opinion.

Yatter-2 is a god. unbelievable setups and Omotchama is just crazy good.

I like casshern too. I haven't figured out how to use him in the game yet but in training mode you can pull off 15 Billion damage combos without even using a special bar. Friender is awesome in my opinion.

I love Joe the Condor. Many of them have rapped me but I can't figure out how to play him myself.

Ken is still good. Don't give up on him.

Grabs have definatly improved. A few good Alex players showed me that you don't mess with Alex anymore. He isn't trash. If your blocking, a quick assist will keep you blocking allowing alex to grab **** you.

I like Jun too. Like casshern, I'm working on getting her ready for battle. You can combo into her lightening kick or whatever that is with a good assist and rack up serious damage.

I don't like megaman for some reason.

I also dislike roll. She is good but I can't play her and I suck against her. She is too dam short.

Viewtiful Joe is okay but half the time I feel like all im doing is Mach Speed and waiting for the right opportunity to combo.

Chun-Li is still great. She is a beast can has really nice air combos. I feel like once I am consistently able to do variable air raids I will pick up Chun-Li and beast her out.

Yatter-1 is good I think. He lost his infinate but he gained some resetable loops. Plays similar to a Yatter-2 with more health and less setups in my opinion. Has great zoning and good specials if you have good timing and choose the right partner.

Ippatsuman still kicks ***. Don't give up on Karas yet. Once people figure out how to play him without relying on the infinate he will be decent again.

Batsu players I have faced are all spammers. No opinion

Frank is hilarious but is but I feel he is very partner reliant due to poor mobility.

Giants still are bad in my opinion. Cross up characters and run aways destroy them badly.

In terms of assists. I really think Ryu and Morrigan have great ones.

Doronjo, Tekkaman and anybody else I havn't mentioned are just to foriegn to me and I really got nothing to say about them. (I know I'm forgetting some characters who I play but I am forgetting them......sorry)

Top Bottom