• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Would you guys be ok with an RE rep like Leon getting in over Phoenix? Even though I’d rather have Phoenix, I still think Leon is incredibly charming and also deserves to be in Smash. I personally believe that we’re only getting one Capcom rep for this entire DLC cycle, but that’s only due to the pattern of one company rep we’ve seen so far.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I'm indifferent on a RE rep as a whole, it's an important franchise and it's not like it has no ties with Nintendo (if anything, it's among their most tied IPs to the big N, particularly on GC), besides being Capcom's most succesful franchise as a whole, I'm just not too attached to the characters, nor I find the idea of a gun heavy character to be all that enticing. I'd react the same way I did when Hero and Terry were announced more or less (or Megaman and Ryu if you want to look back to the previous game).
I'm happy with what I got with Ultimate so far, but it'd be nice to get a Capcom rep from one of their franchises I care more about.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Would you guys be ok with an RE rep like Leon getting in over Phoenix? Even though I’d rather have Phoenix, I still think Leon is incredibly charming and also deserves to be in Smash. I personally believe that we’re only getting one Capcom rep for this entire DLC cycle, but that’s only due to the pattern of one company rep we’ve seen so far.
I would be sad if we only get 1 Capcom rep. I feel they should get at least 2. I'm biased I guess because I like a good amount of their characters.

About your question, yeah. In fact, as I said when I joined the thread, I want a Resident Evil rep and Dante more than Phoenix. So in my case I would be totally okay, Leon would be my first choice for a RE character. Jill also would be great. If instead of these two or Dante we get Phoenix first I would be happy too.

A Monster Hunter rep is the one who excites me less from Capcom, but it would be cool anyway. And Amaterasu is one of my impossible picks. In the end I really like Capcom characters, so I'm okay with almost all of them.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Phoenix is the only Capcom rep I truly want after I got Mega Man, but I'm fine with others as well. Good games = good Smash characters, so...

Last edited:

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
I would be sad if we only get 1 Capcom rep. I feel they should get at least 2. I'm biased I guess because I like a good amount of their characters.

About your question, yeah. In fact, as I said when I joined the thread, I want a Resident Evil rep and Dante more than Phoenix. So in my case I would be totally okay, Leon would be my first choice for a RE character. Jill also would be great. If instead of these two or Dante we get Phoenix first I would be happy too.

A Monster Hunter rep is the one who excites me less from Capcom, but it would be cool anyway. And Amaterasu is one of my impossible picks. In the end I really like Capcom characters, so I'm okay with almost all of them.
If the next 5 characters outside of the pass were announced to be only from Capcom, I don’t think a lot of people would be too angry. Capcom has sooooooo many good characters outside of what we have already.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
If the next 5 characters outside of the pass were announced to be only from Capcom, I don’t think a lot of people would be too angry. Capcom has sooooooo many good characters outside of what we have already.
I wouldn't be upset, that's for sure. Give me a pass with Phoenix, Dante, Leon or Jill, Monster Hunter and Amaterasu and I will buy it day one. I have a hard time imagining a better lineup for my taste, haha.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Capcom has so many characters.
I like Dante and Leon/Jill/Chris as characters from their game series.
But in Smash they would feel too similar to Bayonetta and Snake. Kind of the same level of redundance that Terry has with Ryu and Ken.
I would prefer Nick by far because there is no character like him at all. No other character (That is not from the Ace Attorney series at least) is going to be throwing Objections, evidence and hurting his opponents with their worst possible fear: Paperwork and words.

Over all the Capcom characters he would be the most original and fun IMO.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Capcom has so many characters.
I like Dante and Leon/Jill/Chris as characters from their game series.
But in Smash they would feel too similar to Bayonetta and Snake. Kind of the same level of redundance that Terry has with Ryu and Ken.
I would prefer Nick by far because there is no character like him at all. No other character (That is not from the Ace Attorney series at least) is going to be throwing Objections, evidence and hurting his opponents with their worst possible fear: Paperwork and words.

Over all the Capcom characters he would be the most original and fun IMO.
This is honestly one of the reasons I want Phoenix above all else. For nearly every other character in speculation, it’s easy to draw comparisons to ones we already have. From Doomguy to Samus, Dante to Bayo, Monster Hunter to Link, Leon to Joker, I cannot realistically compare Phoenix to ANYONE, and that marks in my eyes a character who deserves to be in.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I'd argue Amaterasu would be just as unique in moveset as Phoenix besides being less unorthodox for the battlefield (and a lot more visually unique thanks to Okamis art direction), but she's too unlikely right now to seriously contest Phoenix likeability to get in.
And I'd say Capcom has the most iconic properties from a Japanese 3rd party, I'd definitely put them above Square, Sega, Namco and Konami, that's why I'd say out of all companies represented in Smash they feel like the likeliest to get more than 1 DLC. Some might bring that's not neccesary given they already have 3 characters, but it's not like there's that many significant devs/publishers left unrepresented in the east, and we don't know yet if Banjo is the exception to the rule or not regarding western guests.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Phoenix or bust.

Once he gets in, it can be whoever. Albeit I prefer Amaterasu.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'd be hyped for Leon, but Phoenix is still #1.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Phoenix Wright is definitely my first preference for a new Capcom character, but I'm very open to the likes of Dante and Leon joining Smash too. With RE however I'd particularly love it if they handled it the same they did with Hero - Leon is the face of the band while Chris, Jill and Claire are alternate characters that share Leon's moveset.

After that, hard to say. Any Capcom character is welcome in my book, but I still want to see our lawyer Wright first.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I love Capcom. I'd be happy with any Capcom rep. But that doesn't mean I don't want Phoenix more than any of the rest, even ones I'd especially love like Ammy or Viewtiful Joe. It would be bittersweet no matter what.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Here’s the Kamiya tweet I was talking about earlier, roughly translates to “I was drinking with Takumi the other day, and he asked, “Why no Phoenix Wright?”” The context was for smash, as the same day he tweeted this he also released the poll. Seeing as this came about AFTER Sakurai’s tweet relating to the pass being decided, this could be seen as a deconfirmation, but Takumi literally denied Phoenix being in UMvC3 even after he was leaked, so...make of this what you will. Takumi hasn’t been directly involved with the mainline series for a long time, so it’s possible he wouldn’t know anything about negotiations amongst Capcom and Nintendo.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
So the general consensus of this thread is: "Capcom rep good, Phoenix even better".
Or something like that, I just wanna see Sakurai's approach in such an unothodox character like Nick.
I'll gladly take any Capcom character, but I just feel we've already seen what the other frontrunners such as Leon or Dante have to offer.

Monster Hunter to Link
Monster Hunter would be more like Inkling than Link tho...

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
huh, I'm surprised I haven't heard anyone mentioning that Kamiya tweet before in speculation videos.
I support Phoenix, Dante and Ammy just about equally, it's a bummer any of them getting in likely means the others will have a harder time, but that's how it rolls. At the very least I still have hopes for them (well, not Ammy), which is more than what I can say for the rest of my DLC wishlist.

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I genuinely doubt that we'll get a Capcom character at the VGAs, even if RE2 is nominated.

Remember when people thought :ulthero: was going to be revealed at the VGAs since DQXI was nominated for a category? And yet...:ultjoker:

The point is, the outcome is not always the one that would make the most sense.
Persona 5 was nominated for GOTY the previous year. It also won Best RPG. Joker fit The Game Awards quite well.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
what's that rule?
With Ultimate being nominated as GotY, I suppose a potential win could be followed by whoever closes the DLC?
I'm also surprised to see Death Stranding there given how polarizing it turned out to be, and I sure as hell laughed seeing Jump Force nominated as fighting game of the year lol.
It's that each company that already has Mii costumes will get 6 Mii costumes in the DLC lineup or more specifically Namco, Square-Enix, and Capcom since they have missing costumes from Smash 4.

Square-Enix currently has the 4 Dragon Quest costumes, so Geno and Chocobo are missing.

Capcom has Zero and Proto Man back while Monster Hunter, Rathalos armor, Mega Man EXE, and Guile are still missing.

Namco-Bandai is missing all of their costumes in Heihaichi, Lloyd Irving, and Gil so that leaves 3 new Namco Mii costumes if this theory is true.

So adding in the missing costumes excluding Namco-Bandai would make 6 costumes in total for each company. Fatmanonice Fatmanonice from the Geno thread, who is a Smashboards boomer who is in Sabi's private discord has said this theory lines up really well with their names that they have heard in their circle which means it's highly likely we are getting another Namco-Bandai rep, Square-Enix rep, and Capcom rep.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At least they got into MvC, unlike another, more divine-handed Clover fellow...
Aye, don't remind me.

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice from the Geno thread, who is a Smashboards boomer who is in Sabi's private discord has said this theory lines up really well with their names that they have heard in their circle which means it's highly likely we are getting another Namco-Bandai rep, Square-Enix rep, and Capcom rep.
Just remember though, Fatman isn't a leaker and is only stating his opinion on what might happen. It could happen, but not any time soon.

Meanwhile...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...t_might_be_returning_in_a_completely_new_game

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Crash is almost certainly going to get a new game revealed when even Sabi is seeing evidence.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I honestly wouldn't mine if other Capcom characters got in instead of Phoenix, but I personally don't care about any other Capcom franchises other then Ace Attorney, Mega Man and Street Fighter.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Here's something I've been working on for a couple of days. An custom made Ace Attorney Spirit Board:

Page 1:
View attachment 246329

Page 2:
View attachment 246330

Honorable mentions:
View attachment 246331

I'm open for suggestions for any changes like characters and other stuff.
(sorry if this post is too big, I'm not sure if there are any rules concerning how many photos you can post in a single post)
Love this. Ive only gotten my hands on the first 3 so far and seeing older Pearl was quite something.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Love this. Ive only gotten my hands on the first 3 so far and seeing older Pearl was quite something.
Oh yeah, that's how she looks like in the later games. For most of the characters I've used the most recent renders that were made, so I mostly used renders from either the 3DS games or the HD Trilogy.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Here's something I've been working on for a couple of days. An custom made Ace Attorney Spirit Board:

Page 1:
View attachment 246329

Page 2:
View attachment 246330

Honorable mentions:
View attachment 246331

I'm open for suggestions for any changes like characters and other stuff.
(sorry if this post is too big, I'm not sure if there are any rules concerning how many photos you can post in a single post)
Can't help but feel that the stepladder should be in this.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
I cried when Mia became Phoenix's stand

Last edited:

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
So... I've already talked here about Reiji Arisu and Project X Zone, so i made a "Challenger Pack" of him in another Thread, but here's a look of what i did:
Fighter: Reiji Arisu from Namco X Capcom/Project X Zone Series, and Xiaomu appears with him as pairs (Like the Ice Climbers).
View attachment 247441
Wait, what is a Project X Zone? Who are them?
Project X Zone, initially known as Namco X Capcom is a crossover tactical role-playing game between Bandai Namco, Capcom, Sega and even Nintendo at some point. Reiji and Xiaomu are operatives for paranormal investigative group Shinra, which face distortions that brings characters from other realities into their own, and they're the protagonists of the series. The 1st game was on the PS2, but it never came outside of Japan, but the Project X Zone 1 and 2 games were released on the 3DS, this time in Occident.
Very Impresive, right?
Stage: Shibuya
View attachment 247440
The place where the distortions are all around there... No one knows what will happen...
Music:
- Brave New World (Namco X Capcom)
- Arisu in Fluxtown (Namco X Capcom)(Project X Zone 2 ver.)
- The Trail to Victory (Namco X Capcom)(Project X Zone 2 ver.)
- Fierce-Battle-Before-Night (Namco X Capcom)
- Everything is in the Fight/Everything is Within Battle (Namco X Capcom)(Project X Zone 2 ver.)
- Ouma Profusion/Evil Profusion (Namco X Capcom)
- Someday, Under the Moon (Namco X Capcom)(Project X Zone 2 ver.)
- Wing Wanderer (Project X Zone)
- Mysterious Project (ver. SP) (Project X Zone)
- Rising Stage (Project X Zone)(Project X Zone 2 ver.)
- Wanderer's Road (ver. SP) (Project X Zone)
- Brave Parade (Project X Zone)
- Hard Time (Project X Zone)
- All the World's Stage (Project X Zone 2)
- New World Project (Project X Zone 2)
- Pulsing Earth (Project X Zone 2)
- Moonlight Curtain Call (Project X Zone 2)
*Also, since the Original Namco X Capcom was a celebration for Namco's 50th anniversary they can also put Songs and/or Spirits from other Bamco games too*
- Yo****sune (The Genji and the Heike Clans)(Namco X Capcom ver.)
- Bravoman (Bravoman)(Namco X Capcom ver.)
- After Transformation BGM (Wonder Momo)(Namco X Capcom ver.)
- DIG DUG II (Dig Dug II)(Namco X Capcom ver.)
- Bay Yard (Burning Force)(Namco X Capcom ver.)
- Stepping Wind (Klonoa 2)(Namco X Capcom ver.)
- Main Theme (Return of Ishtar)(Namco X Capcom ver.)
- Brave Sword, Braver Soul (Soul Calibur)(Namco X Capcom ver.)
- Main Theme (The Legend of Valkyrie)(Namco X Capcom ver.)
- Battle (Xenosaga Episode I)(Namco X Capcom ver.)
- Opening (Tekken 3)(Namco X Capcom ver.)
- Opening (Tekken Tag Tournament)(Namco X Capcom ver.)
- Stairs of Time (.hack//)(Project X Zone 2 ver.)
- Ring a Bell (Tales of Vesperia)(Project X Zone 2 ver.)
- F.A.T.E. (God Eater)(Project X Zone 2 ver.)

Spirits:
- Reiji Arisu and Xiaomu (Player)
- Saya (Advanced)
View attachment 247582
- Dokugozu and Dokumezu (Ace)
View attachment 247583
- Nine Nine (Legend)
View attachment 247584
- Kogoro Tensai (Ace)
View attachment 247585
- Mii Koriuji (Ace)
View attachment 247586
- Chizuru Urashima (Novice)
View attachment 247587
- Valkyrie (Ace)
View attachment 247589
- Taizo Hori (Dig Dug)(Ace)
View attachment 247590
- Taira no Kagekiyo (Ace)
View attachment 247591
- KOS-MOS (Advanced)
View attachment 247592
- Klonoa (Ace)
View attachment 247593
- Jin Kazama (Ace)
View attachment 247594
- Bravo-Man (Ace)
View attachment 247597
- Wonder Momo (Ace)
View attachment 247598

Mii Costumes:
- Wonder Momo Suit and Helmet (Mii Brawler)
- Gilgamesh Armor (Returning)(Mii Swordfighter)
View attachment 247600
- Heihaichi Mishima (Returning)(Mii Brawler)
View attachment 247601
- Lloyd Irving (Returning)(Mii Swordfighter)
View attachment 247602
- KOS-MOS Suit (Mii Gunner)
- Taizo Hori Suit and Helmet (Mii Gunner)

And that's all!!!

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
But isn't a step ladder just two ladders? Checkmate.
No, a step ladder is a step ladder, if a step ladder was just two ladders, it would be called "double ladder" but no, a step ladder is a complete different entity from a normal ladder.
Got it memorized?

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
No, a step ladder is a step ladder, if a step ladder was just two ladders, it would be called "double ladder" but no, a step ladder is a complete different entity from a normal ladder.
Got it memorized?
"What's the differnce? You need to stop judging things based on narrow-minded cultural assumptions!"

#TeamMaya

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Now, now, let's be civil. No need to start an argument over something so trivial.

I mean, anyone with two brain cells can see it's a stepladder.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Phoenix is the only Capcom rep I truly want after I got Mega Man, but I'm fine with others as well. Good games = good Smash characters, so...
Capcom reps I want besides Phoenix of course are: Zero, Tron Bonne, Chun-Li, and M. Bison.

Capcom has so many amazing characters and IPs at their disposal, that they can have their own Smash Bros. to be honest.

Top Bottom