• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
So, signs are pointing to a fighter that has two characters kind of like Icies, and obviously I couldn't help but think about the lawyer and his assistant. What do you think?
Phoenix and Maya
Chris and Jill
Leon and Ashley

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Phoenix and Maya
Chris and Jill
Leon and Ashley
I really doubt they'd do RE as a duo, considering that's kind of the opposite of what actually happens. Leon and Ashley maybe, but it would be a really pointless addition. Like I don't really think of Leon and Ashley as a duo, or really as equals.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
So, signs are pointing to a fighter that has two characters kind of like Icies, and obviously I couldn't help but think about the lawyer and his assistant. What do you think?
? What signs?

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
I'm not a fan of Maya being involved in Phoenix's moveset, because that would be like borrowing a bit too much from MvC3.
At the same time, I think it could work just fine, but I'd rather have Maya appearing in victory screens or taunts.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
? What signs?
A modder noticed that the slots for solo nana and solo popo were removed in 6.0.0.
It seems like the ssbu team were working on a new DLC fighter that uses the tag team mechanic from the Ice Climbers and testing out the separate solo versions of the new tag team fighter and then later got rid of all separate solo versions of them.
From the main Newcomer thread.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I never saw Maya forming part of Phoenixs moveset, that was just a part of MvsC3 that I honestly never liked much. She should just part of a taunt/victory screen, imo.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I never saw Maya forming part of Phoenixs moveset, that was just a part of MvsC3 that I honestly never liked much. She should just part of a taunt/victory screen, imo.
Phoenix's whole shtick is having his friends help him in dire need though.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Phoenix's whole shtick is having his friends help him in dire need though.

...is that a reliable source? Seems rather suspicious.
Does it? I'm not really into modding so I wouldn't know, but that's how I would have imagined a modding site would look like more or less.

Regardless, it's the internet and it's the Smash fandom, so we'll probably see it verified true or false soon.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Does it? I'm not really into modding so I wouldn't know, but that's how I would have imagined a modding site would look like more or less.

Regardless, it's the internet and it's the Smash fandom, so we'll probably see it verified true or false soon.
Reads more like a modder's note to me.

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't read too much into this. Could be leftover data for all we know.

GlitchWarrior

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3540-4749-2681
So, since the Terry showcase was literally just a Terry showcase and nothing else... I'm so on edge over the last guy on the pass. Please PLEASE let it be our boy in blue!

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
I really think it’s a race between Resident Evil and Ace Attorney at this point. Monster Hunter is represented already, Dante was soft deconfirmed for this pass, and every other option seems to be from a dormant series, which didn’t stop Banjo, but might not be fit for a reveal at TGA.
How was Dante soft deconfirmed?

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
I've been thinking. How possible would it be for us to get an Edgeworth echo as part of FP5? I'd think they'd want to go all-out for the last fighter in the pass. 30+ songs, a dynamic stage, and an echo would be an amazing end to the pass imo.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
I've been thinking. How possible would it be for us to get an Edgeworth echo as part of FP5? I'd think they'd want to go all-out for the last fighter in the pass. 30+ songs, a dynamic stage, and an echo would be an amazing end to the pass imo.
I would die of hype if that happens...

GlitchWarrior

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3540-4749-2681
You know what I keep saying, I keep quoting Mia on here and I won't stop until we've either won or all the DLC is confirmed to be finished. The only time we can cry is when it's all over, and when things look worst, that's when we laugh in the face of defeat. We still have a shot. Who's with me?

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
You know what I keep saying, I keep quoting Mia on here and I won't stop until we've either won or all the DLC is confirmed to be finished. The only time we can cry is when it's all over, and when things look worst, that's when we laugh in the face of defeat. We still have a shot. Who's with me?
it's a good thing Phoenix chances are not really looking dire right now. I wouldn't call him the likeliest character to make it in, but his chances are still pretty solid if you ask me. I might be a little less faithful if we only get a Capcom character post fighters pass that isn't him, but even that doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. Now, if he's turned into a Mii costume or for some reason we get a spirit boards event that includes him, then uh...yeah, I think I'd give up for him.
If they didn't make any of the Hero skins echoes, I feel the chances of a fighter pack with an echo freebie are more or less nonexistent, moreso under the idea of Phoenix and Edgeworth as I feel Edgy wouldn't quite pull some of Phoenix goofier antics in battle (debatably not making much sense if he used magatama-esque moves despite that one segment in T&T).

Last edited:

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
The Ace Attorney franchise is very important for the visual novel genre and Phoenix is probably the most requested Capcom character within the Smash community realm not to mention the boost the series would get by having PW in Smash.
I think there's no way Ultimate will end without any sort of AA representation, let it be a character, Mii costume, spirit, anything.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The Ace Attorney franchise is very important for the visual novel genre and Phoenix is probably the most requested Capcom character within the Smash community realm not to mention the boost the series would get by having PW in Smash.
I think there's no way Ultimate will end without any sort of AA representation, let it be a character, Mii costume, spirit, anything.
I think it's important for us to remember that right now? We have absolutely nothing. Getting any sort of AA representation in the end will be a win. Maybe different levels of win, but a win nonetheless.

And hey, even Ace Attorney isn't always about "winning" but making sure justice is served. Still, I'm with all of you! Until we know for a fact that DLC is totally done, we can't cry, and have to force our biggest smiles!

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
100% agreed. Ultimate having no AA content is really weird. Even Style Savvy is represented as a spirit and a new remix for some reason. Does Nintendo even own that series? I've always thought it was a third-party game.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
100% agreed. Ultimate having no AA content is really weird. Even Style Savvy is represented as a spirit and a new remix for some reason. Does Nintendo even own that series? I've always thought it was a third-party game.
Nah, it's first party. Style Savvy is actually my most-wanted first party tbh.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
for sure, I'd honestly just be happy to see Phoenix in the game in some shape or form, if it's a fighter all the better, but it's not like if he ends up being a spirit I'd throw a hissy fit or anything (although if he's fated to be a mii costume he'll better come with an objection/pursuit remix like Sans did). I'm surprised Layton has no representation either given how much more tied to Nintendo it's than something like Rayman, or much more popular than Shantae if sales are anything to go by.

Caladuz

Smash Apprentice
Getting any sort of AA representation in the end will be a win.
I might be being a little selfish, but I don't know if I would take a spirit as a win tbh. It would pretty much soft deconfirm him from ever being in this game, imo. I kind of enjoy the hypecycle around him and holding out hope with you guys is fun. Obviously I wouldn't lash out, but I wouldn't be happy either.

Last edited:

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Here’s another hypothetical scenario, at TGA, Nintendo announces a Sunshine remake with a small gameplay trailer, and then they start playing the courtroom scene intro. However, instead of Peach saying Objection!, it’s Phoenix, and it turns out that the “intro” was actually Phoenix’s trailer in Smash.

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
Here’s another hypothetical scenario, at TGA, Nintendo announces a Sunshine remake with a small gameplay trailer, and then they start playing the courtroom scene intro. However, instead of Peach saying Objection!, it’s Phoenix, and it turns out that the “intro” was actually Phoenix’s trailer in Smash.
That would be absolutely hilarious. I love it. Though I doubt the possibilities of a Sunshine remake announcing this early.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You better pray that it's like Animal Crossing where the Sunshine remake is also confirmed right after, otherwise everyone hoping for that is gonna despise Phoenix.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
You better pray that it's like Animal Crossing where the Sunshine remake is also confirmed right after, otherwise everyone hoping for that is gonna despise Phoenix.
I should specify that the remake would be announced first, then Bowser would come on stage and talk about it for a bit, and then say that they’d like to show off the intro for some reason. The courtroom scene would be separate from the gameplay reveal for Sunshine.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I might be being a little selfish, but I don't know if I would take a spirit as a win tbh. It would pretty much soft deconfirm him from ever being in this game, imo. I kind of enjoy the hypecycle around him and holding out hope with you guys is fun. Obviously I wouldn't lash out, but I wouldn't be happy either.
Not to say I want to ouright see Phoenix disconfirmed already myself, but sometimes I feel like that's just sort of a mercy move when it's done. Otherwise you might get something like Isaac in the last game, where his AT was gone yet he never received any sort of role by the end of things, so their fans just waited till the bitter end with no light at the end.
But between the fact that I already got more than I ever expected out of the DLC (I was really thinking we'd just get 1st parties promoting upcoming games after :ultpiranha:) and that I kind of already take solace in that most of the rest of my wishlist aren't super likely outside of a Capcom rep I might actually care about, I guess I'm just getting easier to please with some alternatives to these characters being playable.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I've been predicting this for a while and I'd lose my damn mind.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Not to say I want to ouright see Phoenix disconfirmed already myself, but sometimes I feel like that's just sort of a mercy move when it's done. Otherwise you might get something like Isaac in the last game, where his AT was gone yet he never received any sort of role by the end of things, so their fans just waited till the bitter end with no light at the end.
But between the fact that I already got more than I ever expected out of the DLC (I was really thinking we'd just get 1st parties promoting upcoming games after :ultpiranha:) and that I kind of already take solace in that most of the rest of my wishlist aren't super likely outside of a Capcom rep I might actually care about, I guess I'm just getting easier to please with some alternatives to these characters being playable.
I actually think not having anything is the blessing in disguise. Sure, Isaac didn't end up getting anything in Smash 4, but that kept the fandom alive and kicking during the Ballot days, to the point where GS got the most content for any series without a fighter. If Isaac gets in as DLC, it'll be because he got ignored in the 4 era. Just like with Ridley and K. Rool, being ignored led them to be loud. Even now, the thread with the most posts is Geno, because they never believed he was disconfirmed and just kept chugging.

Plus, I got enough qualms with Ultimate to not really feel sad if Phoenix misses it, as long as he gets in next time, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority there.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm not a fan of Maya being involved in Phoenix's moveset, because that would be like borrowing a bit too much from MvC3.
At the same time, I think it could work just fine, but I'd rather have Maya appearing in victory screens or taunts.
Personally I'm all for Phoenix teaming up with Maya since I love both of them. (honestly I prefer Maya so this is really the closest I'd be able to get to playable Maya)

Also did anyone else think of Ace Attorney when Sakurai was showcasing all of those SNK characters? Ace Attorney is another franchise with so many beloved characters so I really hope a bunch of them can make cameos in the Ace Attorney stage if Phoenix gets in.

Top Bottom