• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
From what I understood of Sabis tweet it’s that the list with the insane company deconfirms was wrong but nothing is indicating that the newer list with Phoenix specifically is wrong, so no matter how much I would love for Wright being in the running again this doesn’t really change anything outside of it NOT being a Sony rep
Didn't that list also claim Capcom too? If that's the case then I think we're still in the running.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Honestly, at this point. It don't matter what either of these leakers says. far as reality is confirmed, Phoenix has a chance until we get a coherent answer.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I have a very vague memory of a moment of the franchise where Gumshoes rushes to the stand with some big update that the courtroom already deduced long before his arrival, I feel this applies pretty well here.

Last edited:

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
I have a very vague moment of the franchise where Gumshoes rushes to the stand with some big update that the courtroom already deduced long before his arrival, I feel this applies pretty well here.
It's the medicine bottle all over again.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I wish they wouldn't torture me like this haha

I deal with deconfirmations better than having false hopes.

Lazyrex

Smash Cadet
Didn't that list also claim Capcom too? If that's the case then I think we're still in the running.
But Verg even said the previous list was false, so to me it doesn’t change anything, unless this makes you think Verg is wrong

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I've decided to have no hopes and pretend that it's leaked the final character is Frogger. That way if it's Frogger I can be like "hey cool, it's Frogger I guess" but if it's not Frogger I can be surprised.

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
But Verg even said the previous list was false, so to me it doesn’t change anything, unless this makes you think Verg is wrong
I think Sabi's wording implies Verge's entire information is false.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
By this point I think we reached Ace Attorney's Bizarre Adventure Part IV: Turnabout is Unbreakable.

I'm not even getting my hopes up right now. :joyful:
At the rate we're going, we're eventually gonna reach Ace Attorney's Bizarre Adventure Part VII: Steel Samurai Run.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I still feel like something is odd. Why bothering putting Resident Evil Spirits in Smash, if we're getting a Namco character?
As Wyoming said it's possible that Capcom was only approached for Resident Evil spirits. But if we have in mind that Capcom is very easy to work with, at least in relation to Smash, I think we will get for sure 1 Capcom character at worst. Maybe not for FP5 as I hoped, but for post-pass I would be incredibly surprised if Capcom doesn't get another character at the end of DLC.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
No. Sabi's referring to the gargantuan list from two days ago.
That's what I reckon as well - but that list didn't include, as I recall, most of his original "no"s, and was just a supplement to them, which means Sabi is implying that the character really isn't Bandai Namco?

I swear to god, if it's KOS-MOS and they both attempt to claim "oopsy daisy, my source didn't know she was Bamco!"

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Ok, so Sabi was talking about the big company list Verge made a couple of days ago, right? What does this mean for the second list Verge posted today with Phoenix himself?

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I've decided to have no hopes and pretend that it's leaked the final character is Frogger. That way if it's Frogger I can be like "hey cool, it's Frogger I guess" but if it's not Frogger I can be surprised.
I'll never forget that claim that frogger was coming, now that's a wild character if I ever heard one.
Either way, I'm pretty much like this after all this nonsense, who are this vorge and sebi guys again? http://www.court-records.net/animation/redd-mymy(a).gif

Lazyrex

Smash Cadet
Honestly this has gotten so confusing that I have even given up and I am just gonna say **** it and let's see, wait and probably be disappointed

Lazyrex

Smash Cadet
Man Geno fans got nothing on Wright fans at this atleast Geno hasn’t died 5 times only to get resurrected just to die again

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So Sabi makes a grand entrance to tell us something we already knew since Vergeben corrected himself. Big surprise. Anyway,

. . .Oh wait, I just thought of the perfect analogy to make on the Vergeben situation for this thread.

It looks like Vergeben. . . just updated the autopsy report.

Just gotta quote myself really quick to point out that this is probably my most liked post I ever made on this forum, lol.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Man Geno fans got nothing on Wright fans at this atleast Geno hasn’t died 5 times only to get resurrected just to die again
To be fair, characters like Geno and Sora are always dead and alive at the same time, so a resurrection is pointless for them. Either they get into the game or they're perpetually trapped into that state.

...I'd argue that it's a fate just as bad, if not worse lol. :joyful:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Sabi reported on Verge's list. Could it be finally our time?

https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1204114843348819968?s=20
Deep down in my head. I knew this would happen. Sabi and Vergeben clashing at some point was inevitable.
About Phoenix getting deconfirmed. We must turn our thinking around.
He must not think that he's dying and reviving. We must think of the REASON he refuses to get deconfirmed.
This is the first time Sabi directly says the character is in a list. And surprise. Vergeben's new list is the first one between the two to ever directly put the name of Phoenix Wright. Coincidence?

In what part of the trial we are now?

The Pursuit - Variation theme of course.

Edit: Is Sabi talking about the first or second list? Either way. We refuse to die!!

Edit 2: It's the 1st list. So it's not the one that names Phoenix. I jumped to conclusions there. But at least Capcom lives.

Last edited:

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
if theres no smash news at the vga some of you are gonna lose it, huh?
No, I fully realize that Smash news at the VGA isn't 100% guaranteed. It'll be disappointing, but I'll survive. Even if the poetic justice (ha) that would come with the last FP's character being announced the same way as the first is lost.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Keep in mind not to overlook the possibility of Keighly keeping his cards close to his chest and not having leaked anyone at all.

Also, :mybodyisreggie: showing up as a guest again despite retiring is extremely conspicuous.

Also, has Indie World got any leaks? Kinda curious about that.

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
No, I fully realize that Smash news at the VGA isn't 100% guaranteed. It'll be disappointing, but I'll survive. Even if the poetic justice (ha) that would come with the last FP's character being announced the same way as the first is lost.
There are going to be a lot of pissed off people if that happens. Not just on this or other forums. Everywhere they are waiting for the Smash announcement.
I think Nintendo would tell us via social media like Terry's video if there wasn't one.

Top Bottom