• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
There are going to be a lot of pissed off people if that happens. Not just on this or other forums. Everywhere they are waiting for the Smash announcement.
I think Nintendo would tell us via social media like Terry's video if there wasn't one.
True, especially with the tease on VGA's twitter about Joker's reveal last year, and the fact Ultimate's in the running for several different awards. It's like a 99% lock, but I also realize the 1% chance Nintendo totally drops the ball on informing people ahead of time on this. But with the Terry announcement last time and pre-warning there wouldn't be any new character reveals, I have more confidence they'll at least be expecting people to be expecting Smash at the VGAs. Still, that 1%.

Krankees

Smash Ace
I gave it some thought and you know what, screw it. I'm going all in on Phoenix cause I'd rather have my hopes shot down than have my excitement for a smash reveal ruined.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Okay yeah, I'm just gonna try and ignore the leakers for now and hope either Phoenix or Heavy or someone else I really like gets announced for FP5. Also some more cool game announcements I guess.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Nah, it's probably just gonna be in the next few weeks.
No, I fully realize that Smash news at the VGA isn't 100% guaranteed. It'll be disappointing, but I'll survive. Even if the poetic justice (ha) that would come with the last FP's character being announced the same way as the first is lost.
hence why i used the term some of you

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Okay yeah, I'm just gonna try and ignore the leakers for now and hope either Phoenix or Heavy or someone else I really like gets announced for FP5. Also some more cool game announcements I guess.
Heavy would be such a nuts reveal. Everyone would go crazy for that. He's one of those characters that, to me, there's no reason to be upset about outside of people wanting it to be Their Guy. Extremely famous, crazy personality and moves, and influential to Smash (pioneered the reveal trailer).

I'm just hoping that in the end it's Anyone I Like and luckily for me I'm pretty easy to please.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
I gave it some thought and you know what, screw it. I'm going all in on Phoenix cause I'd rather have my hopes shot down than have my excitement for a smash reveal ruined.
Exactly. That's the spirit. If we, the support thread, don't have faith in our client Nick. Then who will?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, the only certainty we got right now is that Sabi outright concluded that Verge screwed up.

It be like Thanos Vs. Iron Man right now, lads.

Also, no Sony character (like that one wasn't obvious enough, it's like stating water is wet).

MY BODY IS READY...!!!
...Someone had to said it
And for a brief moment, all was right in the world.

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Well, the only certainty we got wright now is that Sabi outright concluded that Verge screwed up.
:4pacman:

It's a civil war now. I'm on team Sabi because Vergeben is choking hard. Come on. If you are going to post a massive list that gets rid of 90% of the videogame universe. You have to be sure it's 100% correct. It's almost like he got replaced by an amateur.
Also. Sabi is always very defensive whenever someone else tries to deconfirm Capcom. With Namco and Level 5 it was like... whatever. Then the guy on the Geno thread, and the Vergeben lists got shut down without mercy. Quite the spectacle must I say...

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Question about that sabiscord pic artiq posted a few hours ago, I believe Namco was outright excluded from the list of potential candidates, did she say she doesn't believe fighter 5 is from them? Or is this just guesswork from the discord members?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Question about that sabiscord pic artiq posted a few hours ago, I believe Namco was outright excluded from the list of potential candidates, did she say she doesn't believe fighter 5 is from them? Or is this just guesswork from the discord members?
I think the list messed up a bit. Because it said all capcom characters were still on the table with Sabi outright confirmed Dante not to long ago.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
I thought sabi claimed that it didn't affect the characters she did deconfirm.

https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1204117639292866561?s=19

Well assuming she's correct that is.
Assuming Sabi is correct. And he/she must be, otherwise FP5 is going to end his/her whole career. Dante is still out of FP5.
Nick is still the biggest Capcom rep. and you can't kill him. You can update the autopsy report, electrocute him, whip him, throw coffee at him, hit him with a car at full speed, try to delete him from speculation 5 times (Get ready for the 6th tomorrow) and he still won't die.

Aww... rip Sony and Ratchet and Clank...

Last edited:

SmashSSL

Smash Apprentice
So sabis now saying that, among other companies, any Capcom rep, except for Dante, is possible right now.
I'm sure im gonna wake up to Sabi saying that capcom reps are all out tomorrow, only for Vergeben to go back on his own words and saying Capcom reps are actually possible. Then, the next day, Verge will deconfirm Wright specifically and then Sabi will call bs on that deconfirmation, going back on her own words.

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Wait, another character that I've forgotten to ask If I can be added to the supporter list?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So sabis now saying that, among other companies, any Capcom rep, except for Dante, is possible right now.
I'm sure im gonna wake up to Sabi saying that capcom reps are all out tomorrow, only for Vergeben to go back on his own words and saying Capcom reps are actually possible. Then, the next day, Verge will deconfirm Wright specifically and then Sabi will call bs on that deconfirmation, going back on her own words.
And then after that, Vergeben will disconfirm the Game Awards hosts, Sabi will say he's lying, making Geoff Keighley come back from the dead and disconfirm Vergeben, only to THEN be disconfirmed by Sabi, who is finally disconfirmed by Phoenix, who is fighter 5.

That's the reveal trailer right there, folks.

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
And then after that, Vergeben will disconfirm the Game Awards hosts, Sabi will say he's lying, making Geoff Keighley come back from the dead and disconfirm Vergeben, only to THEN be disconfirmed by Sabi, who is finally disconfirmed by Phoenix, who is fighter 5.

That's the reveal trailer right there, folks.
The lead up to this year's VGA is going to have more twist and turns than an actual AA case, damn.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
I personally think we shouldn't believe a "leaker" just because their claims benefits us or gives us hope (at least I don't plan on doing so).
I believe in Nick because of his own merits, and even if he gets outright deconfirmed I'll always have a bit of hope inside my little and fragile heart.
Let us just remain chill and enjoy this rollercoaster of emotions.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
So basically the defense and prosecution on a daily basis. Gotcha. I need to take a sit over there. Tomorrow is gonna be fun.

It's just 72 hours until.. we can stay calm. Right?? *starts to panick*

Top Bottom