• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
So the nindies direct had a game called Murder by Numbers or something, and the composer from Ace Attorney composed for this game. I might give the game a try because it seems to be about mysteries too.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So kinda of topic, I presume everyone’s most wanted is Phoenix here, but who is your second most wanted?

for me it would be Master Chief
It's tough because I split all my wants into different categories and I intentionally almost always go for out-there picks so I'm not too upset when they don't get in. It just so happens I've been lucky with Joker and Terry.

Phoenix is my "realistic" most-wanted.
2B is my "total pipe dream but still possible" most-wanted.
And Marina Liteyears is my "absolutely completely impossible nostalgia pick" most-wanted.

Pretty much everyone in my signature can be sorted into one of these categories.

So the nindies direct had a game called Murder by Numbers or something, and the composer from Ace Attorney composed for this game. I might give the game a try because it seems to be about mysteries too.
I was definitely getting Ace Attorney and Zero Escape vibes from it, plus I love Picross. Definite buy from me!

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
So kinda of topic, I presume everyone’s most wanted is Phoenix here, but who is your second most wanted?

My most wanted is Isaac, but Phoenix is second.

After Phoenix my most wanted is Monokuma.

And then after Monokuma it's Waluigi, Geno, Chibi Robo, Dixie Kong and Bandana Dee. (basically Chibi Robo + all the other characters the community wants)

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman

I’d have to say Crash simply due to nostalgia, but my want for Phoenix greatly outweighs every other possibility.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Anyone watch the indie direct? There's a new mystery visual novel game called Murder by Numbers that features art by the artist for Hatoful Boyfriend and music by Ken Sugimori!

Krankees

Smash Ace
I skimmed through the state of play. Nothing major besides KH3: ReMIND, RE3 trailer, and teaser of Ghost of Tsushima.

Sonsa

Smash Champion

I want Phoenix way more than anyone! But then 2nd...mm...hard to decide between the two so I guess I'll say it's a tie between Monokuma and Frisk?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Kinda funny, but Phoenix actually isn't my most wanted, he's the third, if you don't count possible promotions (fourth if you do). He's below Sora, 2B and Geno on my list. Which is weird, because this is the character thread I'm most active in these days and I left the Sora and Geno threads a few months ago.

Anyone watch the indie direct? There's a new mystery visual novel game called Murder by Numbers that features art by the artist for Hatoful Boyfriend and music by Ken Sugimori!
...So Ace Attorney x Hatoful Boyfriend?

The crossover no one knew they wanted. I mean, Phoenix is a bird already, so I can't say I'm surprised. :4pacman:

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory

Phoenix (or anyone from my Capcom trifecta) is actually my 2nd most wanted, Crono is 1st.

Korar

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5170-5706-7228
Kinda funny, but Phoenix actually isn't my most wanted, he's the third, if you don't count possible promotions (fourth if you do). He's below Sora, 2B and Geno on my list. Which is weird, because this is the character thread I'm most active in these days and I left the Sora and Geno threads a few months ago.

...So Ace Attorney x Hatoful Boyfriend?

The crossover no one knew they wanted. I mean, Phoenix is a bird already, so I can't say I'm surprised. :4pacman:
Ace Attorney x Hatoful Boyfriend sounds like that Aviary Attorney game.

Looma

Smash Journeyman

I wouldn't exactly call Nick my most wanted, but I definitely think very highly of him and he ranks as such, He's certainly my favorite from the group of characters that massively appeal to the "core" Smash fanbase (unless Doomguy is considered part of that group now? close second then). I have a wide pool of characters that I like quite a bit.

If I had to rank them based on how I feel right now: Arle Nadja and Travis Touchdown take home the gold. Doomguy and Klonoa aren't super far behind them, and THEN there's Phoenix.

Jill Valentine was my most wanted too (ouch), but I'm hesitant to campaign for her now for reasons that should be readily apparent.

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman

For me, my ultimate pipe-dream pick is Vyse from Skies of Arcadia, but for now my most wanted (that isn't a spirit) is Phoenix Wright.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Wait WHAT!?

WHY WASN'T I INFORMED OF THIS BEFORE???
I've played that before. It was pretty fun and the characters are likeable.

The Murder By Numbers game looks interesting, I might check it out. (although I'm not really a fan of picross)

By the way, has anyone here played AI: Somnium Files? I believe it's a murder mystery game created by someone who worked on the Zero Escape games. It looks really cool but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Haven't really be paying much attention recently but it looks like this thread has been bustling quite a bit the last few days (I'm guessing it's due to the rumor wars going on recently).

After Phoenix Wright I would say my most wanted is a character from Falcom's Trails/Kiseki series (so either Estelle or Rean). I would also be happy with KOS-MOS getting in.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Can't say I'm surprised. After Harvey Birdman, it gets a bit hard to get weirder in regards to AA clones.

I've played that before. It was pretty fun and the characters are likeable.

The Murder By Numbers game looks interesting, I might check it out. (although I'm not really a fan of picross)

By the way, has anyone here played AI: Somnium Files? I believe it's a murder mystery game created by someone who worked on the Zero Escape games. It looks really cool but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet.
I haven't been able to buy the darn game yet since I can't find it in the wild. I hear it's good, if a little obtuse.

Krankees

Smash Ace
Haven't really be paying much attention recently but it looks like this thread has been bustling quite a bit the last few days (I'm guessing it's due to the rumor wars going on recently).
You have no idea how much of a rollercoaster of emotions it's been.

Last edited:

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818

Phoenix Wright is my number 2 pick actually. My number one is Shantae. With the third being Rex and the Aegis.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I'm going to be booed off the thread for this:
Master Chief is my number 1 pick for Smash.
Phoenix Wright is number 2.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Shantae's number 1 for me, with Rayman as 2.

Phoenix is further along the line, dunno which number that would be.

Okay, picture the Nitro-Fueled datamine coverup panic, but on a much, much bigger scale. It's been that crazy.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm going to be booed off the thread for this:
Master Chief is my number 1 pick for Smash.
Phoenix Wright is number 2.
Sounds like an excellent top two to me! If I combine all my non-totally-impossible picks, my top two would be 2B and Phoenix Wright and it depends on what side of the bed I wake up on as to which is my true most-wanted. :)

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Phoenix is number 1 for me. Probably my favorite game franchise of all time. Shantae is number 2 since I really would like a playable indie.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I don’t really have a most wanted. Smash reveals are so exciting to me that I just can’t be let down even if the character isn’t who I would like to see in the game (plus I already got a pipe dream pick in the form of Joker). If I did have to state who I would like besides Phoenix however, it would be Crash Bandicoot. I grew up with his games and it would be awesome to see him battling it out with other platforming legends, but if that can’t happen then that’s just the way things go I suppose.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
I have the dubious honor of having my second most-wanted character be Amaterasu. Which is to say, if I get one of my most-wanteds... I almost definitely will not get the other. Dammit, Capcom.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I made this in my free time while we wait for the Fighter 5 reveal...

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I played it earlier this year, I loved it and I never even played the Zero Escape games. Anyone looking for an extremely well-written murder mystery with fantastic characters, give that game a shot, very mindbending, sad, heartfelt, and scary at times.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I made this in my free time while we wait for the Fighter 5 reveal...

I just wanted to ask, is there a template for these? I wouldn’t mind making some of my own.

Last edited:

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Now that I beat SoJ I hope to hang out here a lot more than I used to :D

Phoenix is actually my second Most Wanted begins Sora. Anyone else is so far below that I don’t really want to consider them until I get my top 2

Top Bottom