• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I just finished the main story of the first Ace Attorney game in the trilogy.
It was really cool :D
I wanted to ask if I should do the 5th episode of the game now or if I should go straight for the next game since I heard people say it's better to complete the trilogy before doing the 5th episode of the first game...
I say do it now

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I started watching these videos recently of a mod of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Old Door put through Google Translate....

and now it's making me wonder what a playthrough of an Ace Attorney game would be like fed through Google Translate.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
I kind of want a leak to happen right about now. Not because I want to know what character is going to be revealed that badly, but because the closer we get to TGAs, the more concerned I become about the chance there's not going to be a reveal, and I'll spend 2+ hours watching something I'd normally just skim an article on when it was over.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
Okay thank you for your recommendations :)
I'll go to Justice for All for now and complete the trilogy before tackeling this last case (is it REALLY that hard?I mean, I guess the lenght of it is pretty impressive....the clues and stuff must be ridiculous, or the testimonies perhaps...)
EDIT : Also currently my favorite character is Gumshoe lol he is a good man

Last edited:

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
I started watching these videos recently of a mod of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Old Door put through Google Translate....

and now it's making me wonder what a playthrough of an Ace Attorney game would be like fed through Google Translate.
The dragon!
Do it!
Get this!

I only went through about 4-5 languages.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
To give a bit of perspective, half of AA1's length is rise from the Ashes.

That's how long the case is

Last edited:

SmashSSL

Smash Apprentice
Okay thank you for your recommendations :)
I'll go to Justice for All for now and complete the trilogy before tackeling this last case (is it REALLY that hard?I mean, I guess the lenght of it is pretty impressive....the clues and stuff must be ridiculous, or the testimonies perhaps...)
EDIT : Also currently my favorite character is Gumshoe lol he is a good man
It's the longest or perhaps second longest case in the entire franchise iirc. And yeah it is hard, but it's very satisfying to complete and just getting through it is quite a wild ride. I love that case, but once you beat it, it feels kinda like there's no challenge anymore, at least in comparison, for the rest of the trilogy, so yeah, come back to it later. It's great as a final challenge.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
This is a tad unrelated, but does anyone have the picture containing the full dialogue that occurs when presenting Phoenix’s profile to Maya in Justice for All? Maya makes a joke about his appearance not being good for photos and Phoenix gets incredibly nihilistic and self-defeating.

Last edited:

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
I was just playing Smash when I noticed something quite familiar....
roydsmash.jpg

logo.jpg

GUYS HE'S IN!!!

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It seems like the most recent take is that the fifth fighter isn't Capcom....but at this point I'm not sure what to expect at all.

I don't really believe that it's KOS-MOS or Master Chief either. I'm not even sure if it's going to be a Nintendo character like Rex & Pyra or Edelgard (even though right now that is my main guess)

How would we feel about Phoenix's chances if it was Monokuma? Since both characters originate from visual novel/mystery solving games.

Krankees

Smash Ace
It seems like the most recent take is that the fifth fighter isn't Capcom....but at this point I'm not sure what to expect at all.
Are you talking about the Nazyrus thing, I don't really know if I believe that anymore. I'll worry about disappointment tomorrow.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I still think Geoff bamboozled everyone. I mean, we're talking about the guy who planned the Game Awards far ahead enough so he could eventually get to have these guys as guests:

I wouldn't be shocked if his anti-leak security is super-tight.

KillerCage

Smash Master

I don't really believe that it's KOS-MOS or Master Chief either. I'm not even sure if it's going to be a Nintendo character like Rex & Pyra or Edelgard (even though right now that is my main guess)

How would we feel about Phoenix's chances if it was Monokuma? Since both characters originate from visual novel/mystery solving games.
I can believe Master Chief being revealed at TGA as FP5.
KOS-MOS... Not as much.
I just hope FP5 would be fun to play with.

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
I still think Geoff bamboozled everyone. I mean, we're talking about the guy who planned the Game Awards far ahead enough so he could eventually get to have these guys as guests:

I wouldn't be shocked if his anti-leak security is super-tight.
My current theory is that Kos-Mos is pure leak bait.

Edit: I'm wondering if that comment about Sakurai working on something robotic was a way to throw leakers off.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I definitely want Phoenix for FP5, but it doesn’t seem likely. We have 3 Capcom reps, and while I know that there are other companies with more than 4 characters, but it seems a little much for a third party. On the other hand, I would like it a lot

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I definitely want Phoenix for FP5, but it doesn’t seem likely. We have 3 Capcom reps, and while I know that there are other companies with more than 4 characters, but it seems a little much for a third party. On the other hand, I would like it a lot
well three characters from a company isnt the same as three characters from a series

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
This is a tad unrelated, but does anyone have the picture containing the full dialogue that occurs when presenting Phoenix’s profile to Maya in Justice for All? Maya makes a joke about his appearance not being good for photos and Phoenix gets incredibly nihilistic and self-defeating.
I thought Phoenix never got a profile picture until Trials and Tribulations. Were you maybe thinking of that game?

SmashSSL

Smash Apprentice
Made another one of these character pack things
Also i made an objection remix while i was thinking about how much i want ace attorney music in ultimate
check it out if u want

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I just finished Trials and Tribulations. What a ride. I didn't expect most of the twist in that final case. And what a marathon of Ace Attorney I have enjoyed during the last weeks. Most of what I have played these days was Ace Attorney.

I think that it's my favorite game from the original trilogy, but I'd say I still consider Rise from the Ashes the best case. But the final case from Trials is also amazing, the beginning of it didn't sound so promising to me to be the last case, but in the end I was completely wrong.
The cast is truly great, all of the characters have an unique charm.

I will continue the series but for the moment I think I will stop for a while, or at least I will try that, to avoid possible saturation. Also because I have other games to play, haha.

Now this is my jam.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
DGS's intermission jingle sounds prettyclose to a smash victory theme, anyone else hear that? lol

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
It is now officially the date upon which our destiny will be decided (for me, at least). I don't have any expectations, but I do have a surplus of misplaced hope, and I'm carrying it with me to the finish line.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
It is now officially the date upon which our destiny will be decided (for me, at least). I don't have any expectations, but I do have a surplus of misplaced hope, and I'm carrying it with me to the finish line.
Maybe where you live, but it's still the 11th for me.

But yes, we don't know for sure, but Phoenix is always capable of turning a hopeless situation around. Let's hope.

Krankees

Smash Ace
You gotta do more than just hope. You gotta believe.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Aah, I have a final exam tomorrow and as soon as I get back home TGA would be starting in like 30 minutes. I hope my luck for tomorrow is strong!

Oh and then my birthday is in the next day, so fingers crossed :p

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
hmm going by the time it said you posted those at, the vga are at 1:30 am, forget that ill just check the smash website in the morning

i still doubt that we'll get fp5 at the vga but it would be nice if we did get something

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Tonight...

December 12, 10:30 PM
The Game Awards' Stage
Guest's Room

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Gonna be real, I don't think Phoenix is fighter 5. But I do think he has a chance post-pass. Remember to never give up!

Also remember, we have no confirmation of a Smash reveal being tonight! But, I hope to be wrong on all accounts!

Top Bottom