• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

Krankees

Smash Ace
We've talked about a lot of Ace Attorney games but do you know what we haven't brought up yet?

The infamous Ace Attorney Online.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was wondering (I guess it's sorta on topic)

How long does the game awards go on for anyway? It starts at 1.30am where I live so I'm wondering if I just go to bed early and get up early Friday morning if it'll still be on.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282

How long does the game awards go on for anyway? It starts at 1.30am where I live so I'm wondering if I just go to bed early and get up early Friday morning if it'll still be on.
I’ve heard it goes for two hours.

Krankees

Smash Ace

I hear two and half hours but don't quote me on that.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
It's so great seeing top players cheering for Phoenix Wright. The Melee Goat Armada wants him in Smash, the Captain Falcon Legend Fatality dreams of a surprise Phoenix reveal and the Smash 4 Goat Zero wants him in Ultimate too. Times have changed, in pre Smash Ultimate days Phoenix was in the shadow of so many other most wanted characters, but now he finally is one of the frontrunners and one of the most speculated characters out there!

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Well, I'll say. if FP5 turns out to be my most wanted - which is looking reasonably likely right now - then Phoenix is probably going to be my most wanted "realistic" pick.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Heavy would be such a nuts reveal. Everyone would go crazy for that. He's one of those characters that, to me, there's no reason to be upset about outside of people wanting it to be Their Guy. Extremely famous, crazy personality and moves, and influential to Smash (pioneered the reveal trailer).
thats not true, people are allowed to dislike any character inclusion regardless of who it is and whether or not its not who they wanted

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If someone mentions PewDiePie one more time I will body slam someone.
Well, this game looks like something else. Does it work primarily on the method of livestreaming sessions?

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78241015?jumpto=14#14

There is Vergeben insisting on the same thing from yesterday.
But at this point. I absolutely don't care at all :4diddy:
I can't shake off the feeling that nearly everyone except Geoff grabbed a different kind of ball other than a Smash Ball for this whole arc. Not even the Grinch incident had this much lunacy.

thats not true, people are allowed to dislike any character inclusion regardless of who it is and whether or not its not who they wanted
Can't say I ever hated any inclusion per se. At most I wouldn't be interested much in them.

Then again, I'm not really much of a difficult guy, so. Haters gonna hate, I guess, I wouldn't pay attention to them. :drshrug:

I’ve heard it goes for two hours.
I hear two and half hours but don't quote me on that.
That's correct, roughly two and a half hours. "Roughly" being the key operative word here.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Can't say I ever hated any inclusion per se. At most I wouldn't be interested much in them.

Then again, I'm not really much of a difficult guy, so. Haters gonna hate, I guess, I wouldn't pay attention to them. :drshrug:
its not always a case of haters gonna hate, some people genuinely dont like the characters

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
its not always a case of haters gonna hate, some people genuinely dont like the characters
Even so, I wouldn't pay any more attention to them. Hate is hate, regardless if it's for bandwagoning or genuinely. It's not like they can physically prevent other people from enjoying those characters.

That said, here's a wise piece of advice that's not followed nearly enough, that I've encountered:

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Even so, I wouldn't pay any more attention to them. Hate is hate, regardless if it's for bandwagoning or genuinely. It's not like they can physically prevent other people from enjoying those characters.
No you don't understand! I don't play Smash! I just stare at the character select screen and get mad online!

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
No you don't understand! I don't play Smash! I just stare at the character select screen and get mad online!
...The more I read this, the more it sounds like a strawman that's just as bad as character vitriol. Worse yet, it's used to block actual constructive criticism rather than just haters.

Maybe we should just... stop caring whether or not people like the same characters as us?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
...The more I read this, the more it sounds like a strawman that's just as bad as character vitriol. Worse yet, it's used to block actual constructive criticism rather than just haters.

Maybe we should just... stop caring whether or not people like the same characters as us?
If it doesn't apply to you it's not about you. There's a subsection of the fandom who will get mad at any character addition that isn't their number one. It doesn't have to do with legacy or not liking a character or whatever, it's just that their expectations outweigh reality. I obviously have a pretty extensive list of people I want. I also have a list of people I'd rather not get. But just because I don't want them doesn't mean it suddenly invalidates everything else about the game that I like if they get in.

Maybe it's harsh and like I care more than I come off but in the end it's just one of those things where I feel everyone can be a lot more chill regarding who gets in especially when the roster is just a fraction of the game.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
If it doesn't apply to you it's not about you. There's a subsection of the fandom who will get mad at any character addition that isn't their number one. It doesn't have to do with legacy or not liking a character or whatever, it's just that their expectations outweigh reality. I obviously have a pretty extensive list of people I want. I also have a list of people I'd rather not get. But just because I don't want them doesn't mean it suddenly invalidates everything else about the game that I like if they get in.

Maybe it's harsh and like I care more than I come off but in the end it's just one of those things where I feel everyone can be a lot more chill regarding who gets in especially when the roster is just a fraction of the game.
True. But it's not about whether or not it applies to me, but rather that we've come to a point where if you go to the Newcomer Thread, for example, it's just as easy to find people being ***** about "tHe SMasH BuBBle" than people actually being ***** because their character isn't a core community pick. I kinda dislike how we either go from "This isn't who I want, Hackurai" to "If you criticize the roster, you don't actually play the game" without anything in between. Treating it as black and white doesn't help things.

At the end of the day... maybe we should all chill for a bit. And I say this as someone whose wishlist is composed of both core picks and unorthodox ones.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I kinda dislike how we either go from "This isn't who I want, Hackurai" to "If you criticize the roster, you don't actually play the game" without anything in between. Treating it as black and white doesn't help things.
welcome to every fanbase, no wait, human nature with just about every aspect of life. The drama of the last Pokemon game really cements this unfortunately.

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
We've talked about a lot of Ace Attorney games but do you know what we haven't brought up yet?

The infamous Ace Attorney Online.
I joined a dedicated server for a week once, before out of nowhere, nearly everyone left because apparently everyone really hated the moderator. It was... a thing. Maybe I should pick it back up sometime.

Just as a small taste of the shenanigans that can go down, I managed to get a custom case I wrote up (for that server, you had to write up who's involved with the case, the floor plan, and any evidence that was found in a google doc, and the defense/prosecution/witnesses cooperate and bounce off of that to make some impromtu court shenanigans) used by the server one day. It was a rollercoaster of emotions, and somebody on the server wanted to make a follow-up to that case to be used the next day. I allowed it... and Harvey Birdman, attorney at law, won the following case before the prosecution could even give their opening statement. It was hilarious. I'm sure both cases were recorded and put up on Youtube somewhere, but I unfortunately can't remember what the videos were called nor do I still have the links in my browsing history.

But yeah, if you're an AA fan, it's a great platform for shenanigans.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
welcome to every fanbase, no wait, human nature with just about every aspect of life. The drama of the last Pokemon game really cements this unfortunately.
I mean... yeah. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try to do better. Turns out you can not buy SwSh for not delivering what you wanted without making blanket statements or death threats, after all.

We just need to start somewhere.

To go back into the topic... State of Play reminded me of the remastered AA trilogy coming to multiple platforms, for whatever reason. If the second trilogy remaster happens, I'd like to see it on Steam/PS4 too. The more AA fans, the better, I say.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Considering that I believe the mobile ports of the post trilogy games have all been singular and not a collection, I wouldn't be surprised if they just release them all on their own with a 15-20 price tag each. Wouldn't be the greatest of deals, but if the RE and DMC Switch ports are anything to go by, Capcom isn't always the best about getting the best deal out of your buck.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

That said, here's a wise piece of advice that's not followed nearly enough, that I've encountered:

No you can’t stop people from hating for what ever reason, though some times people need to vent, there’s always a good chance someone you don’t like being in there, it is a bit of a shame in a sense

But we shouldn’t be mean to people for hating characters we like, so long as they aren’t be deliberately antagonistic, complaining can make people feel better or is that a British thing

Krankees

Smash Ace
If you don't like a character, you don't like them. If you do, then you do. Only time that's ever a problem is if other people are harassed for their opinion. I'm done with hating a character just because it ain't the one I want, but I'm allowed to feel a little upset about it.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
You can dislike a character or game addition. The goal is to not be toxic about it.

People have trouble internalizing and rationazling themselves first. You can be disappointed, but try to reflect first before you spew anything.

If it is another Capcom character sure I will be disappointed. Smash speculation would lose some of its charm for me even. Buuut it is just a video game at the end of the day. I feel like a lot of fans think not being in Smash is a sly against the series.

Lazyrex

Smash Cadet
So kinda of topic, I presume everyone’s most wanted is Phoenix here, but who is your second most wanted?

for me it would be Master Chief

Last edited:

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
So kinda of topic, I presume everyone’s most wanted is Phoenix here, but who is your second most wanted?

Honeslty... I can't say for sure, there are a lot of videogame characters I would be happy to see in Smash but Nick is the only one left I really care about.

Krankees

Smash Ace

I never thought about a second most wanted. I kind of just hoped it would be phoenix and then be fine with whoever it is afterwards.

Top Bottom