• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Make sure that if you do get black shirts to also have white ones for the people who want them signed. :D

Divinokage

Smash Legend
minus about 10,000 dollars but yes, the same deal :p
lolololol

Well in reality, it had no sponsorship and nintendo dumped on it in competitive play. Not too big of a deal since we have Pound/WHOBO/COT4/Genesis/APEX this year, if everyone goes to those it will literally be the same deal.
Well other than the players won't be getting as much $$.. This is smash.. we play for the love in the end. =P

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
The best events are always those that are run by the players for the love of it. Likewise, the coolest players are always those with the love and drive for competition and improvement, none of this fame/glory/corporate garbage that taints our hobby.

I hope those that have accepted my MM challenges have not forgotten. What's that, Link is low tier? Whatever you say chief. You better hope you're ready, then... :demon:

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
This will ****. Too bad I can't make it =(
Well, see you guys at Genesis 2.
**** i was hoping some miracle and your post was saying you could make it! lol

epsilon vgbootcamp is mostly doing the stream, i need u recording brawl vids!!!! or maybe melee depending on which recorders show up for melee

jb- /random burn LOLLL

good **** hdl (BRING IT SON!!!) lol are any other PR players gonna be able to make it or are you on your lonesome this time? :p

epsilon vgbootcamp is mostly doing the stream, i need u recording brawl vids!!!! or maybe melee depending on which recorders show up for melee
I don't care if it's Melee or Brawl. I just want the honor of recording the main setup where the world is watching

rhan

Smash Hero
So that projector is looking slim on bringing but I'm still trying (It's my step bros).

Also I finally made a livestream. Could have one at this. <3

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
rhan that sucks, keep trying!!! lol ive got one from vgbootcamp.... the venue has them for rent but they are MADDD expensive, much rather find them on my own

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
are any other PR players gonna be able to make it or are you on your lonesome this time? :p
As far as I know I'm the only one, unless someone else changed their mind. I made my plans without telling anyone and will be staying with some peeps from FL at the hotel.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Actually, Zant and VGBC might be able to work together. I think VG is streaming...but I don't know the details of recording. Zant can record and upload next day. We could literally have day 1 videos up before the tournament is over, that's how good he is. Might want to talk to them yourself, Zant

Edit: I might be able to borrow one of our spare church projectors Jon, just remind me

rhan

Smash Hero
rhan that sucks, keep trying!!! lol ive got one from vgbootcamp.... the venue has them for rent but they are MADDD expensive, much rather find them on my own
Push comes to shove I'll help chip in.

We'll need a shyyt ton of Y splitters though.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
As far as I know I'm the only one, unless someone else changed their mind. I made my plans without telling anyone and will be staying with some peeps from FL at the hotel.
ooo that sucks, aren't you going to miss your horde of fanboys following you around all tourney?? lol <3

also

dont forget guys
BRING SETUPS SO WE CAN PLAY ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT IN THIS AMAZING 24 HOUR VENUE!!!!!!!

tant that would be AMAZINGGGGGGGGGG ahhh

one month

so hyped

not hyped at all for the amount of work i will have to do a week before the tournament, though, you lazy *******s >.< GO REGISTER!!!!!

actually more importantly BOOK YOUR ROOMS!!!!!! ONLY ONE WEEK LEFT (19TH) til the DEADLINE!!!!!!!

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
plank, someone has been saying that when you register for a hotel room, you don't actually for it then, you pay for it when you get to the hotel, and they just need a credit card on books. is this true?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
that is what they told me over the phone...that the card is just for incase you dont show up. im about to get my room, though, and i will let u know what happens with that.

also im getting a room for 2 people so i have to put down the info for those 2 people. thats kind of a pain in the *** if you get a room for 4 people. if you buy a room for 2 people and let 4 people that should be fine. a 2 person room still gets 2 double beds. this saves money++convenience. but im not 100% sure if they would be tracking this or w/e but i think as long as they get their rooms rented they dont care which is why they want no more than 4 :p

rhan

Smash Hero
plank, someone has been saying that when you register for a hotel room, you don't actually for it then, you pay for it when you get to the hotel, and they just need a credit card on books. is this true?
After reading this I looked at my banking history. And I cannot find where my account was credited..

Oh well. I plan on transferring more than enough to my checking account to pay for these 2 rooms and then some.

Doin it big.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
ooo that sucks, aren't you going to miss your horde of fanboys following you around all tourney?? lol <3
I say with pleasure that I won't be missing anyone, no loss. Also, they are far from fanboys. See current location.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
rhan you mean you cant see where you were charged? i cant find my bank card so **** it, ill register my room later

fuuuuu

lol

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Just made my room reservation

The credit card is a safe haven. They will only charge it if you don't show up to your room and don't call.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
good **** scott..well theres the answer to ur question folks....

whos staying in ur room with u btw???

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
hell yes that makes things so much easier
thanks bros

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
that's a good question. EE obviously...we need 2 more. Although, i sorta told them we would only have 2 to save money (i did this for inui's tournament as well, and apex, it wasn't a big deal)

rhan

Smash Hero
rhan you mean you cant see where you were charged? i cant find my bank card so **** it, ill register my room later

fuuuuu

lol
I was just stating that his rumor was indeed correct. It doesn't matter if it didn't charge me yet. I can pay for the room while I'm there. But I would have much rather have just paid all upfront got there. Go to my room, and pass out from the drive.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ohhh i hear ya. i think a lot of people prolly dont have the money and would like to get cash from the people they are rooming with, so its better in a lot of cases than not i think. if you want to pay on said credit card you should just have to sign a piece of paper at check-in or some ****, lol

i -KNOW- there are going to be so many people who miss this deadline, then the hotel is so expensive it will be horrible LOL im gonna really start spreading the word and at least making sure everyone is AWARE. i know a lot of people are busy these days and hardly ever have time check smashboards, the forums as a whole are so much more dead than they used to be...lol. that being said if you have friends who are coming help spread the word and get them on their ****!!!!! :p

Divinokage

Smash Legend
The best events are always those that are run by the players for the love of it. Likewise, the coolest players are always those with the love and drive for competition and improvement, none of this fame/glory/corporate garbage that taints our hobby.

I hope those that have accepted my MM challenges have not forgotten. What's that, Link is low tier? Whatever you say chief. You better hope you're ready, then... :demon:
It is for glory as well though.. marching in and cleaving everyone in half.. and then you are the one left standing in the end.. I don't know what's not glorious about that. =P

Jake13

Smash Lord
It is for glory as well though.. marching in and cleaving everyone in half.. and then you are the one left standing in the end.. I don't know what's not glorious about that. =P
You never bring a cleaver to a gun fight

With that being said $5 mm my falco 3/5 :)

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
In the same way some people are in it for the fame/money. I just personally don't think any of that stuff should be why we do this at all. If you feel otherwise, s'cool by me. Do you. ;)

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
if you're in smash for the money, you're not very smart.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
hell no we all just love this game!!!!

who else has access to a projector, anyone? the more the merrier!!!! theres tons of places to project stuff in this venue and no glares or outside light so we could have as many projected matches as possible lol

rent yo rooms peeps, not charged til you are there!!!!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
also does anyone know a good website to buy tshirts in bulk from? im looking around and have some ideas but i duno necessarely what im gonna do for sure

also any other ideas/suggestions for the shirts? im deff gonna have one with the pound logo...i may also be down to make people more individualized ones (maybe region shirts? LOL) i duno. just thinking outside the box!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
LOLLLL lobos win. the tvs in the rooms are all LCD so i believe they should have all that hdmi jazz. thats another reason im glad the venue is 24 hours =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom