• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Ok Chillin.

People give me incentive to join...it's still iffy. I just watched ROM3 and I wanna be somebody that upsets a top player :(

Don't think I'm good enough anymore in general though, even if I do get back into it. I mean...Samus is so limited and my fox is so behind in the metagame and tech skill...fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffalco is gay.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Samus is super limited...or maybe since I started playing brawl I approach differently...idk. I'ma train super hard and reclaim my title as best samus in da souf.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
so i just realized that my company (Wells Fargo) has a freeze on time off for the first quarter of the year since we're are merging with Wachovia and doing a bunch of stuff dealing with conversion and a bunch of other corporate BS. So will not be able to get time off for whats likely going to be the greatest melee tourney in the history of the game.....

looks like its time to find a new job

=)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
are u kidding cuz i just applied for wells fargo and they can suck my balls if this is the case

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yea inferno ive def noted that you registered early and asked early, you're right up top on the list :p

Palpi

Smash Hero
so i just realized that my company (Wells Fargo) has a freeze on time off for the first quarter of the year since we're are merging with Wachovia and doing a bunch of stuff dealing with conversion and a bunch of other corporate BS. So will not be able to get time off for whats likely going to be the greatest melee tourney in the history of the game.....

looks like its time to find a new job

=)
Pretty epic. Hope you can make it.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Pretty epic. Hope you can make it.
oh no worries im making it there. I noticed that feb 21st is presidents day and I think I get that off and I know I can get that sat off so like =). but even then, one made up stage of events that makes me unable to come into work won't get me into THAT much trouble with my bosses. haha i better be on good behavior until then though. you know, build'em up a bit hahahahahha. j/k but not really.

are u kidding cuz i just applied for wells fargo and they can suck my balls if this is the case
haha no I'm serious. Unless you are super into consumer banking and cross selling, you'll be glad that you didn't waste your time anyways. The company is a joke(a joke with a nice benefits package). This tourney isn't the only motivation for getting a new job hahaha. Then again how many people can say that they love their jobs haha anyways........

Vwins

Smash Ace
I just red the whole thread to be up to date and because I had alot of time to kill lol. This tournament

looks mad hype, I'm definatly coming.

I've been playing smash alot more lately since ROM 3 made my hype for smash to come back again so I should be in my

top game shape for this tournament. Quebec representation inc oh yeah. :)

About the tourny, this time plank I would like to see a full crew battle event with all regions hapenning (USA West, south, east,

mid-west, Canada, Europe,etc.) . Pound 4 was really nice but in my opinion I think it was disappointing for Canada to not participate in

crew battles when we had almost all our best players gather for once in a major tournament. I think canada with his

best players could really challenge the best USA crews out there . So I hope we gonna make time for real

hype crew battles. :)

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
oh no worries im making it there. I noticed that feb 21st is presidents day and I think I get that off and I know I can get that sat off so like =). but even then, one made up stage of events that makes me unable to come into work won't get me into THAT much trouble with my bosses. haha i better be on good behavior until then though. you know, build'em up a bit hahahahahha. j/k but not really.

haha no I'm serious. Unless you are super into consumer banking and cross selling, you'll be glad that you didn't waste your time anyways. The company is a joke(a joke with a nice benefits package). This tourney isn't the only motivation for getting a new job hahaha. Then again how many people can say that they love their jobs haha anyways........
This man.

Hes got the heart of a champion.

<3

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I just red the whole thread to be up to date and because I had alot of time to kill lol. This tournament

looks mad hype, I'm definatly coming.

I've been playing smash alot more lately since ROM 3 made my hype for smash to come back again so I should be in my

top game shape for this tournament. Quebec representation inc oh yeah. :)

About the tourny, this time plank I would like to see a full crew battle event with all regions hapenning (USA West, south, east,

mid-west, Canada, Europe,etc.) . Pound 4 was really nice but in my opinion I think it was disappointing for Canada to not participate in

crew battles when we had almost all our best players gather for once in a major tournament. I think canada with his

best players could really challenge the best USA crews out there . So I hope we gonna make time for real

hype crew battles. :)

i agree with you. we have the venue 24 hours so we should definitely have time for this. I would have to figure out a way to get that **** organized ahead of time, though, because the issue with crews is ALWAYS organization at the venue/finding people

stingers

Smash Obsessed
plank, if you just set it for a certain time when lots of people will be in the venue (say like 6 PM where people aren't ready for dinner but it's too late for lunch) and keep talking about it (so people will remember it, it'll get hyped, and the participants wont ditch) and require each region to send you their list say a week before the tournament (with 2 alternates or something in case of no-shows)

I'd say you're good

/ideas

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
plank, if you just set it for a certain time when lots of people will be in the venue (say like 6 PM where people aren't ready for dinner but it's too late for lunch) and keep talking about it (so people will remember it, it'll get hyped, and the participants wont ditch) and require each region to send you their list say a week before the tournament (with 2 alternates or something in case of no-shows)

I'd say you're good

/ideas
I cant really do that because i cant sacrifice the tournament possibly running too long for crew battles. see:: pound 3

If i were to make a pre-set time it would have to be more during off-hours of the tournament. Either Monday at some point when melee is over (but then some people want to leave) or during the middle of the night (but then people arent all awake). I could try to run it during the day but then the tournament runs long and people complain about that because crews are so hype EVERYONE watches and they take a while.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Can a start a teammate finder thread?
ill worry about doing more work when people start doing the work to register. typically if people arent even registered they arent going to be looking for teammates yet =p

if not having a teammate IS what keeps you back from registering, just pay for singles and register for teams later, this stops you from having to take the hit of when the price goes up.

damn this happening every pound

also

REGISTER

BRING SETUPS

$10 DISCOUNT FOR EACH -FULL- setup brought.

does anyone know the best place to rent projectors? There are so many projector screens at the venue.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
tv is required!!

people should just be bringing their systems anyway though if you cant bring a tv just to help out!!! or throw a power strip or extension cord in ur bag. i have a lot of those supplies but more never hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom