• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

T-Shirt: Tires Don Exits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elen

Smash Lord
I ordered directly from the distributor way earlier today, I hope that's alright Gid ^^

D

Deleted member

Question: Why aren't the net proceeds going towards something related to the Smash community?

Forgive me if I'm being extremely insensitive, but I'd rather kinda see my money going towards something to do with Smash

IE, SWF-sponsored tournament, faster servers, etc

No offense meant at all.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Question: Why aren't the net proceeds going towards something related to the Smash community?

Forgive me if I'm being extremely insensitive, but I'd rather kinda see my money going towards something to do with Smash

No offense meant at all.
Yes that does seem nice but lifes are more important then a tournaments, faster servers, etc.

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer

No offense meant at all.
no offense taken. it's just a project i'd like to support, and, since I own smash world, I kinda get to decide :p

Proceeds from ads are already put towards the smash community, so it's not like no money is being put into it. For example, we just bought new servers, and we are about to release a new tournament organization system that we invested in a few months ago.

So don't worry :p

D

Deleted member

Well obviously, it's just I didn't expect something like SWF to be a Not-for-Profit business type dealy

Edit: Well there you go. Best of luck with it all.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Yeah! I just got my Black T-shirt in the mail, and it looks absolutely snazzy. I'm an idiot, however. I underestimated my fatness.

I want an XL. :(

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
new tournament organization system?

we have tio and tia, them's pretty good.

Do you have an estimated time of arrival for the deliveries?

konoha107

Smash Apprentice
Did you guys use a pre-designed t-shirt design for this? Also, does it say it's from Smashboards on the back? Ahh, I'll probably buy one anyway; I love this site so much.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I live in Ohio, ships from california, took two days with priority mail (the bottom option thats liek 4 dollars), the shirts look amazing, and they are true to the sizes, good material. I'm not going to lie, alot better than I expected. The cardinal is AWESOME!

More shirts and merchandising? What? lol

EDIT: I really do like the slogan, but I can tell theres people clamoring for "Mindgames, son!" and others like that. I'm not sure of the burden it places on you to organize this or the capital involved in it, but I'm sure people will spring for other shirts too.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I finally got my crimson red shirt in the mail. Unfortunately, it does not say SmashBoards anywhere.
That is probably the only problem I could find with it. All in all, one of my favorite shirts, but alas, no props to smashboards.com to a non player without first explaining tiers and how the tier wars led to two schools of thought, one leading to the joke. If it said smashboards.com or SWF somewhere, I could jsut tell them to go there XD . I'm sure it's been asked, but will there be more?

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Yeah, all the shirts after this one should have SmashBoards or SWF somewhere on them. It would be like their "signature" on all the shirts they sell to us.

shanus

Smash Hero
smashboards needs to be on the next shirt with the ultimate manly "show me your moves" and it will be instant sales!

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
Did you guys use a pre-designed t-shirt design for this? Also, does it say it's from Smashboards on the back? Ahh, I'll probably buy one anyway; I love this site so much.
I'm not sure what you mean by predesigned.. we had someone specifically draw it for SWF, so it's a unique image if that's what you mean.

SmashBoards is not on the shirt.

I live in Ohio, ships from california, took two days with priority mail (the bottom option thats liek 4 dollars), the shirts look amazing, and they are true to the sizes, good material. I'm not going to lie, alot better than I expected. The cardinal is AWESOME!
Glad you like it! Cardinal is my favorite too. I think I may try an even nicer shirt material next time.

It's funny because I thought people would like it better without web address on the shirt... just thought it would look nicer and not so much like an advertisement. Were you thinking it would go well on the back or what? On a long sleeve t-shirt it could go on the sleeves, but I'm really not sure where to fit it on short sleeve.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Even like a SWF on one of the sleeves or something.
My friend purchased one and the first thing he said was he wished it directly said SWF or smashboards or something. I do like the material, and the color scheme is great. I just really have to ask you man, is this working out well? Will there be more of a future to the store?

shanus

Smash Hero
I'm not sure what you mean by predesigned.. we had someone specifically draw it for SWF, so it's a unique image if that's what you mean.

SmashBoards is not on the shirt.

Glad you like it! Cardinal is my favorite too. I think I may try an even nicer shirt material next time.

It's funny because I thought people would like it better without web address on the shirt... just thought it would look nicer and not so much like an advertisement. Were you thinking it would go well on the back or what? On a long sleeve t-shirt it could go on the sleeves, but I'm really not sure where to fit it on short sleeve.
right below the neck on the back side?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
it could go on the back, parallel to the shoulders, under the neck area.

but i got mine today and it's awesome!

excellent material, size good, everyfink.

i'm wearing it to a tournament today lol

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
right below the neck on the back side?
Hmm, it's something I thought of, but I think it might look funny if it were big. And then if it's small you won't be able to read it... so I dunno.
but i got mine today and it's awesome!

excellent material, size good, everyfink.

i'm wearing it to a tournament today lol
Good to hear! I like the shirt material as well. On our next shirt I'm going to try even nicer material for a few extra bucks, but I have a feeling I'll come back to this type of shirt in the end.

Right now I'm looking into a small smashboards.com text design that would go on the left sleeve of a short sleeve shirt.

The next shirt to be printed will be our "Don't Get Hit" design, but we need to sell a few more shirts first because we have to pay for all the t-shirts up front.

Gid

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, it's something I thought of, but I think it might look funny if it were big. And then if it's small you won't be able to read it... so I dunno.

Good to hear! I like the shirt material as well. On our next shirt I'm going to try even nicer material for a few extra bucks, but I have a feeling I'll come back to this type of shirt in the end.

Right now I'm looking into a small smashboards.com text design that would go on the left sleeve of a short sleeve shirt.

The next shirt to be printed will be our "Don't Get Hit" design, but we need to sell a few more shirts first because we have to pay for all the t-shirts up front.

Gid
Cool, I think I might even get the "Don't Get Hit" too.

Um... I guess if "smashboards.com" were kind of small, it could go on the front under the main design, but it might just look like clutter...

I guess making it a little bit bigger, and on the back under the neck would work, but I kinda like the sleeve idea. (For short sleeve though, it'd have to be PRETTY small, so I'm waiting to see how it looks.)

I really just want the smash logo, but I know you've already decided to avoid that.

EDIT: Hey Gideon, what's the scoop on the tournament/smashfest organizer? Are you actually going to include smashfests and stuff? Is there a thread about it somewhere? When do you think this thing is going down. Peace.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Got my shirt in the mail today and I love it! The quality is just great! I'm wearing it now =D. Anyways thanks a bunch for this Gideon! GG's

The Red M

Smash Apprentice
The problem with these things is that no one outside the smashboards will get the joke. It wil just make you look stupid

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion

Gid
I'm not sure if I'm excited about the don't get hit, might depend on the design, but with the smashboards thing, if I were doing it, I wouldn't even make it too bold. Like on the cardinal shirt, I think it would be sweet with like an intermediate charcoal gray, and just kind of have SWF or smashboards on one of the sleeves(i realize they aren't long) and maybe stylize the writing a little. If you want i can fool around with some designs and bounce 'em off you, just for a little brainstorming. Who designs them? I'm curious because I actually liked this one. It's just generic enough to not repel any people who wanted their mains on it, but it's jsut right for the shirt. Man I like the material, keep it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom