• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

T-Shirt: Tires Don Exits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
As many of you know, we have been running several contests this summer in an attempt to open up a SmashBoards t-shirt store.

The first t-shirt to be sold is ready to go! Before I open the store, however, I'd like to know how many people would purchase one. The estimated price is $15, plus or minus $1-2.

<centeR>
</center>

For those who don't know, "Tires don exits" is a community joke that is a butchered spelling of "Tiers don't exist."

There will be more shirts on the way, but this is the first one. The design will be professionally screen printed for highest quality; these will not be iron-on cheap shirts!!!

If you are planning on purchasing one, please make ONE post here and include your t-shirt size (S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL). I have to pre-order all the shirts at the same time, and so this will give me rough estimate of how many I should order this first time around.

So please, only post here once, and only post here if you are planning on getting one for the estimated $15 (shipping and handling will also be another $3).

Thanks!

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
It must be really inside D:

That is 15 USD right?

that is pretty steeped.
Yes, it's USD. If I can sell them for $10 I will. The more shirts I buy the cheaper they get. If we got 500 people saying they would buy, for example, the price of the shirts goes way down because I can get them wholesale.

Considering a lot of places sell shirts like these for $20, I thought $15 was a reasonable goal. Every additional color to a design costs extra $$$. Screen printing them as opposed to other methods is also a bit more expensive, but much higher quality. Just trust me, these will be nice!!

If you do not like this design, you can wait for the others. But I can assure you that none of the shirts will have Mario or Yoshi or the Smash Bros. symbol if that is what you're looking for. These images are all copyrighted by Nintendo, so we had to be a bit creative.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably get one for 15 bucks USD. And after 10 minutes of struggling to get my shirt off so I could see my shirt size I am a Medium.

Is the Mindgames, Son shirt going to have a similar picture on it to go along with the text?

peachori

Smash Journeyman
count me in for a medium.

are the subsequent shirts going to be tires don exits with a different design, or are they going to have different slogans? tia

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
To answer a few questions:

-Subsequent shirts will be completely different (different tag line, design, and color).

-If I cannot find the correct shade of red (I will NOT be using a bright red) I will be printing this design on a different color. I should be receiving samples this week and will let you know what I decide.

-The next available shirt will probably be "Don't Get Hit" or "Show me your moves"

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
I would probably get a show me your moves. I just don't think that anyone would get tires don exits. I already hate having to explain my more well-known reference shirts -_-

edit: I mean people at my high school, I think it would be generous to say .5% of them went on Smashboards.com

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
I just don't think that anyone would get tires don exits.
Hmm, contrary to your thoughts I think many people will like this shirt. Look at all the posts before you already...

Please do not post here if you are simply commenting about things. Only post here if you have a request for a certain size. Thank you.

skraaah

Smash Cadet
I haven't really been around enough for the origin of the joke, but what the hell. Put me down for a XXL.

Keige

Smash Journeyman
If I can convince my dad to get me one, then XL. But I'd rather a "Show Me Your Moves" or "Mindgames, son" shirt.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
For "Don't Get Hit" you need to have someone draw a Isai as a cartoon in all of his facial harryness and in a monk outfit saying his words of wisdom.

...unless, of course, Nintendo has him copyrighted too.

Drab Emordnilap

Palindrome Bard
BRoomer
There needs to be a "No Johns" shirt.

Or, here's an idea: A stick figure, in a half-kneeling position, with the wavedash smoke around him, as if he is in the process of wave dashing. Underneath, the button sequence for a wavedash.

Like that one I've seen with a hadoken stick that says V _| > + P underneath it.

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
please everyone, this is a topic for sizes, not questions, comments, or suggestions =/
that phase is well over.
thanks.

Metà

Smash Master
For "Don't Get Hit" you need to have someone draw a Isai as a cartoon in all of his facial harryness and in a monk outfit saying his words of wisdom.

...unless, of course, Nintendo has him copyrighted too.
I wouldn't even think twice about buying a t-shirt if it had that on it. That's just too good...

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I know, Isai is too good.

Anyways, it stinks you can't use the nintendo characters, the phrase kind of looses its meaning with just two beer bongers going at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom