• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Syracuse Smash 3- RaynEx, Unknown522, San!!!! July 24 2010

linksta888

Smash Apprentice
Blargh... Need a ride there..... Live in Niagara.... Someone pick meh up and take whatever gas money you neeeeeeed from meh! I wanna gooooooo! .....

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Zhenkai- If you've worked 38 days straight then I'm definitely confident in your plan.
Well, that's changed now... -Sighs- I cannot contact ANY of my current/former superiors, even trying them through the main office, they only give me their numbers which, when I call, I get auto-voice mail to where I cannot leave a voice mail because the inbox is full. Yeah, the joy, also, they -might- be hiring someone to come down this weekend, from what my co-worker was able to find out for me, and if they do I'll be sent in Sat/Sun to train them, and I'll find out Friday night, which will be after Flaw heads out, I'm assuming. So yeah, I'm seeing what I can do. I have another idea though, as my step-dad is getting out of the hospital today (Been there two weeks for three different infections in his right foot, which he has no feeling in both feet) I might be able to pull off the "I need to stay home for the weekend to help my step-dad out, blah blah blah". I honestly don't know, I mean, I've been the ***** before in these matters, and I'm sick of it, so I'm doing what I can with all the backup plans possible to try and follow through, depending on the situation in which the higher ups give me.

that is just flat out rediculous.

I cant even comprehend working a job for 38 days straight. I cant even play smash for 38 days straight. Id kill myself.
Well, co-worker does Mon-Fri, and I do sat-sun, and we're the only two that can work as I believe the next closest available is in Syracuse, if not, Rochester. The shifts aren't that bad, time wise. 6AM-12PM Mon-Fri, 6AM-11AM Sat, and 7AM-12PM Sun. They're only half days, a little more, but I'm a night owl by nature, so I can't fall asleep before midnight unless both physically and mentally exhausted, also I wake up several times within the night, so I'm a bit sleep deprived right now.

Edit: Oh yeah, today makes day 39.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
bcb ill 1$ MM.
My $5 jumped to $7 in ones. I still need to make sure I'll have enough time to even get these MMs in. 4 MMs = How much time? :L

If I can get you in I would. Same goes for Goggles. I know he's been dying to MM me. Even if it means a $2 MM with him.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
You dont need to money match goggles, he needs to keep his money for money matching me.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
lol

Thing is, I'm not sure the next time I'll be able to go to one of these tourneys, as it's gonna be like... 6x as hard after the summer. My senior year I'll probably be able to start going out again more often, but my junior year is just... Gonna be rough. Ehh... Maybe I'll stop playing online so much and use that time to study more.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
yo bcb we need to play online sometime. i dont think we've ever played offline or online

Sanu

Smash Champion
foyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Yiff yiff yiff. >:3 XD

Meh, I dunno, I'm hyper right now and stupid **** in my head, so don't mind me everyone. I'm not in the right mindset at all. XD

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Zhenkai- Yeah if your dad just got out of the hospital thats a legit excuse. Also make sure you TELL them you're not coming in, don't ask.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Andy whatever u like is fine with me. All those are low amount so there good with me.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Soooo, there's a good chance I'll be coming to this. Anybody wanna MM? I'll do Dedede Vs. anything except MK.

Even Ice Climbers. :0

San, teach me Ike.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Anywhere from 1-5$ is good i prefer low stakes 1-2$ but i can do 5$ if you wish.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Well majority of us arent going to apex. Are you attending this flaw?

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Zhenkai- Yeah if your dad just got out of the hospital thats a legit excuse. Also make sure you TELL them you're not coming in, don't ask.
Yeah, I found out somethin' else though that really blows. I got no cash, at all. I have 15 bucks to my name that has to last me until midday/afternoon Saturday to where I get my check. Sad to say, I am going to be the ***** once more for this. I don't want to, god forbid, but with no cash and a maybe ride, I'd rather not chance it. I follow the safe side of things, maybe too much, but I also don't want to go down then be stranded. Guess I'll just have to get together with flaw and Sun!, and whoever else I can up here, and practice more until either SS4 or another tourney.

For now, as I said, I'mma have to skip out on the tourney. Perhaps sometime, when I can get a new co-worker to do the weekends for me, and make sure I have the cash and transport, I could come down for a weekend and just chillax with everyone, play some Melee, maybe some Brawl for laughs, all I play it for anyways. I'm saying this, next tourney I will NOT miss, no matter what.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Hey guys :]

As it stands I have about 4-6 maybe 7 people coming from Philadelphia the day of the tourney.
We'll be departing around 9, traveling by bus, which will leave us at the Syracuse regional transportation center.

Could we possibly get picked up from there for a (hopefully small :D ) denomination?
Thanks in advance.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Ill work on scheduling something with people. the venue is extremely close to the syracuse transportation center. less then 3 miles away.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i think I can work something out with you guys, however, its gonna be 2 trips there and back if theres really 7 people with you. which will impact my transport fees, but if its as close as cura says you shouldnt have anything to worry about.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Thanks so much Cura, and KID.

Edit: we can pay like 3$ a person, if it's 5 of us which would be 15$ . I think that's fair in terms of gas. But it's whatever you all decide.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
IMO, If someone is "dying" to MM me I'm pretty sure he/she is a better player than I am. Be careful.

That being said, I'm dying to MM Goggles
Eh, I'd really never go above $2 anyway. On one hand, I want to do what I can as much this tourney. On the other, friendlies is still just about as fun as a MM anyway.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Lol boys and their money matches. On further note we got a puppy today. Puppy hype

Top Bottom