• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Syracuse Fest Feb 10th, BEST practice

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
..................Sooooooo back on topic,

Do MMs generally count as much towards the PR as tourney matches? Or is it a more/less thing?
I'm not the kind of person to impulse MM someone, but I wanna know if I should be more vigilant when requesting MMs.

It's nice to see that Goggles and Cura have such a strong hold on the PR, I thought it was sort of a thrown together thing since we didn't have one XD.

@JamesG: I'd say check other boards wifi threads. Or Brawl fauxfinder.com, they have an excellent wifi thing there.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion, money matches should not hold too much weight in general, but they should count for more based on who is fighting who.

Like if an unranked newbie such as myself went up against one of the top 10 in NYS and won, that should count for a lot more than the Top Ten beating me. But since it's one on one, probably the best way to gauge it would be on the following

Money on the line
Number of matches played (2 of 3, 3 of 5, etc)
Skill Level/Rank of those involved

Like a ten dollar money match played best 4 of 7 should definitely be more important than a $1 single game money match. Although since money matches are (presumably) just between the two people involved, it'd be tougher to get accurate info, unless they record everything right after it happened.

Then again, money matches are also a lot easier to just synthesize if you're trying to boost your rank. I seriously doubt anyone would do this, but someone could just play a bunch of cheap money matches against someone and win them all to improve their rank artificially, just because they kept going at it. (And then give all the money back to the person who let them get the crap kicked out of them).

So I'm thinking money matches shouldn't be weighted too heavily, but they should count a little, since they are still winning a match with money on the line. Perhaps making standard rules for 'official' money matches would make them easier to keep track of and put towards the rankings? Like if everything is kept the same (Always $5, always 2 of 3, same rules as tournament play, etc.), it makes gauging it much easier & more accurate, or so I'd be inclined to think.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Money matches count towards the pr depending on price and who your playing against and sometimes characters used. They normally don't count more than a tournament match unless the price range is somethig fairly high maybe 10$ or more.

SSBBFan1300

Smash Cadet
Awesome! I can make it to this one!..umm I know this is Noobish but what should I bring? Brawl?/TV?/etc

Forgot to Mention, Happy 4th of July everyone!

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Usually we'll have enough set ups ill state rather i need someone to bring more when the time comes closer

Asa

Smash Hero
Hyezz

I can come to this I think
Is it easy to.get.to.from midtown?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Asa pm me your address ill be more than happy to help guide you how to get here.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Everyone let me know if your coming this weekend so i can start to build an attendance list! :D

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I agree we've actually been watching them as them come out, instead of waiting like we originally planned. We just got back from our vaction i guess and are fixing to watch the last episode now.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Updated attendance list. Cant wait to see everyone again! its been so long!

altairian

Smash Lord
thats what I mean when I say you fruity as hell.

either way, im just watching it on CN
Fun fact: the japanese voice actor for alphonse is actually a woman.

Even though the FMA dub really isn't that bad, I still hate the way half the characters sound in the dub. I'm totally an anime elitist =(

SSBBFan1300

Smash Cadet
Fun fact: the japanese voice actor for alphonse is actually a woman.

Even though the FMA dub really isn't that bad, I still hate the way half the characters sound in the dub. I'm totally an anime elitist =(
May I bring your attention to the One Piece English Dub? haha no but seriously I wish alot of eng Dub could be better, some of em tend to be annoying IMO.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
The FLCL english dub was pretty good in my opinion. Even though a lot of the puns were lost in translation, just the bizarreness alone made the show enjoyable.

And DBZ is fantastic... Android #16 is the man.

Erkekjetter

Smash Journeyman
FLCL is the ****. I can watch it in english or japanese and still enjoy the hell out of it, both are really well done.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Anime is stupid. Manga is so much better.

SSBBFan1300

Smash Cadet
Opinions,we can have them? absurd! this is the internet! we bash and troll like real men! nah but seriously we like what we like, and omfg just a few more hours! I can't wait

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
The weather has finally gotten better and what better day to get better than on fest day! It will still be a little hot as most of you know. So dress for the heat.

Top Bottom