• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Syracuse Fest Feb 10th, BEST practice

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
So i guess raising money for sick children instead of keeping it for myself to buy sonic tshirts makes me fruity.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if your implying what I think your implying, when have you EVER seen me in a sonic shirt? or a Sonic ANYTHING for that matter...

Only thing I have is a sonic hat and I borrowed that from shugo at mlg.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I know you're awaiting the release of that Sonic Colors merchandise.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
In Goggles wardrobe:

Sonic T-shirts, dress shirts, plushies, ties, headbands, and accessories. He has it ALL and he's NOT sharing.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
In Goggles wardrobe:

Sonic the Hedgehog T-shirts, Sonic the Hedgehog dress shirts, Sonic the Hedgehog plushies, Sonic the Hedgehog ties, Sonic the Hedgehog headbands, and Sonic the Hedgehog accessories. He has it ALL and he's NOT sharing.
Supersonic fix'd for supersonic emphasis

Edit: IT'S TOO MUCH!

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Note. I am probably not doing a smash fest this weekend. Mainly because this is july 4th weekend and i believe i have plans with my girl, and im sure others have plans with family and what not. So unless there is interest shown. The next fest will be scheduled for July 10th. And then i will do another on july 17th then after that. Is SS3 so everyone attend what you can. Prepare for SS3!

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Also PR should be updated more frequently because I'm about to get seed ***** again, haha.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Trust me. Me and cura talk on aim constantly, and Im quite certain that we currently have the best process in place for determining the PR.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's why Matt gave me 2nd seed over 1337-0 last tourney. Get at me.

Edit

Well I think I should have some say in this even though I'm not a panelist or whatever. The last moderately sized tournament I went to was Geneseo, and I placed 4th, losing to San and then Matt in winner's and loser's respectively....a tourney that neither 1337-0 nor Moss was at mind you. I've also went to Cura's smash fest with the largest number of entrants so far this summer (I believe) and placed 2nd. I'm not sure if that is reason enough to consider placing me in 1337-0's spot (knowing that he did beat me in winner's bracket but then lost to me in loser's bracket), but I have't heard about any activity from this Moss dude in months. I don't really know how good he is, but it doesn't matter. Inactivity is inactivity. It may not seem like a big deal but I would much rather face San like 4th round instead of facing him 2nd round and getting my confidence blasted for the rest of the tourney, so I'll take what I can get.

I'ma talk it over with Matt.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Moss is inactive cause hes currently out of the region. (Home for school) So he hasnt been able to compete in much not having a car or anything. He will be going to apex. And i think that is were we update the bracket. That way people have apex 2 and SS3 to have in their records. If you keep playing as well as you do james i wouldnt be surprised to see you up in 7 or even 6 depending on how you do at ss3. Maybe higher if u win :p

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Yeah, that's why Matt gave me 2nd seed over 1337-0 last tourney. Get at me.
Never Forgive, Never Forget

6/26/2010

JamesG said:
Edit

The last moderately sized tournament I went to was Geneseo, and I placed 4th, losing to San and then Matt in winner's and loser's respectively....a tourney that neither 1337-0 nor Moss was at mind you. I've also went to Cura's smash fest with the largest number of entrants so far this summer (I believe) and placed 2nd. I'm not sure if that is reason enough to consider placing me in 1337-0's spot (knowing that he did beat me in winner's bracket but then lost to me in loser's bracket)... Inactivity is inactivity. It may not seem like a big deal but I would much rather face San like 4th round instead of facing him 2nd round and getting my confidence blasted for the rest of the tourney, so I'll take what I can get.
I'mma just throw somethin' in here

The only reason I got on the PR in the first place was Goggles said my Tournament performance was starting to match my skill level. And he should know, I've been entering tournaments since Summer '08 and he's seen me get trashed countless times since then. However, lately I've been able to avoid just placing last all the time and have picked up a number of Top 10 placements using a (previously considered) Bottom tier character.
Although that's not the greatest achievement, I've been fairly consistent in doing so. I'm not really worried about being on the PR, I'm more worried about why I'm on there. If I got the 7th spot because I argued I should have it, well, that's great but there wouldn't be much point to it. If Cura and Goggles are on the fence about 7th place the best thing to do would be concentrate on ****** me at SS3, because even if you prove your point and make it to 7th, a tournament win by me will seem much better than a Smashfest win by you. When I learned I had moved from 10th to 8th and MOSS was battling to take my spot, I went tooth & nail to defend it. Now that my 7th place spot is in danger/already gone you better be prepared for the fight to the death it's gonna require to take it (Intimidation FTW).:p

If you're having trouble with evidence that you should be on the 7th spot, make your own evidence. Beat me at SS3 and then there will be no contest.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Really long post regarding PR and tips and other stuff i wanted to share with all of central.
Below is the Power Ranking Statistics which is a portion of what i use to determine power rankings. If you on not on the list that means your probably not a current candidate and need to step it up!

Cura: Current Ranking # 2
Cura Smashfest 4: 1st ouf of 14 (25.20$)
Cura Smashfest 3: 1st out of 7 (12.60$)
Cura Smashfest 2: 1st out of 10 (18$)
Cura Smashfest 1: 1st out of 10 (18$)

Wins:
(C4) Beta
(C4) Sharky
(C4) Leet-0 (7#)
(C4) James G (9#)
(C4) Acton (10#) - 1 Dollar Money Match
(C4) Acton (10#) - 1 Dollar Money Match
(C3) Sharky
(C3) Eevee
(C3) AK
(C3) Sharky
(C3) James G (9#)- 2$ Money Match
(C2) O.M.R
(C2) KB142
(C2) Eevee
(C2) Leet-0 (7#)
(C2) Leet-0 (7#)
(C1)Chuckles
(C1)Vibe
(C1)Leet-0 (7#)
(C1)Leet-0 (7#)

Losses:​

Leet-0: Current Ranking # 7
Cura Smashfest 4: 3rd out of 14 (4.20$)
Cura Smashfest 1: 2nd out of 10 (9$)
Cura Smashfest 2: 2nd out of 10 (9$)

Wins:
(C4) Nolan
(C4) AK
(C4) James G (9#)
(C2) Acton (10#)
(C2) Sharky
(C1 )Beta
(C1 )Sharky

Losses:
(C4)James G (9#)
(C4)Cura (2#)
(C2)Cura (2#)
(C2)Cura (2#)
(C1)Cura (2#)
(C1)Cura (2#)

Sharky: Not Ranked
Cura Smashfest 4: 4th out of 14
Cura Smashfest 1: 3rd out of 10 (3$)
Cura Smashfest 2: 3rd out of 10 (3$)
Cura Smashfest 3: 2nd out of 7 (6$)
MLG Columbus: 129 out of 251

Wins:
(C4)Frostbite
(C4)Eevee
(C4)AK
(C3)Acton (10#) - 3 $ Money Match
(C3)Beta
(C3)Acton
(C3)AK
(C2)Beta
(C2)B-T-K
(C2)Eevee
(C1)O.M.R
(C1)Vibe
(MLG)Higher Calling

Losses:
(C4)Cura (2#)
(C4)James G (9#)
Acton (10#) - 2$ Money Match
(C3)Cura (2#)
(C3)Cura (2#)
(C2)Leet-0 (7#)
(C2)Leet-0 (7#)
(MLG)TearBear (4#)
(MLG)Vex (2#)
(C1)Leet-0 (7#)
(C1)Leet-0 (7#)​

Vibe: Not Ranked
Cura Smashfest 1: 4th out of 10

Wins:
(C1)Altarian
(C1)Kanto

Losses:
(C1)Cura (2#)
(C1)Sharky​

Beta: Not Ranked
Cura Smashfest 4: 6th out of 14
Cura Smashfest 3: 5th out of 7
Cura Smashfest 2: 5th out of 10
Cura Smashfest 1: 5th out of 10

Wins:
(C4)Mako
(C4)Kb142
(C4)Eevee
(C3)Dahrem
(C2)Acton (10#)
(C2)KB142
(C1)Kanto
(C1)Acton (10#)

Losses:
(C4)James G (9#)
(C4)Cura (2#)
(C4)Ak
(C3)AK
(C3)Sharky
(C2)Sharky
(C2)Sharky
(C1)Leet-0 (7#)
(C1)Sharky

Acton: Currently Ranked 10th
Cura Smashfest 4: 8th out of 14
Cura Smashfest 3: 4th out of 7
Cura Smashfest 2: 9th out of 10
Cura Smashfest 1: 7th out of 10
MLG Columbus: 97th out of 251

Wins:
(C4)KB142
(C4)Mako
(C3)Dahrem
(C3)Eevee
(C1)O.M.R
(MLG)The Crum
(MLG)Aeon v1
Sharky- 2$ Money Match

Losses:
(C4)Eevee
(C4)AK
(C4)James G (9#)
(C4)Cura (2#) - 1$ Money Match
(C4)Cura (2#) - 1$ Money Match
(C3)James G (9#) -2$ Money Match
(C2)Sharky- 3$ Money Match
(C2)leet-0 (7#) 3$ Money Match
(C3)Sharky
(C3)AK
(C2)Leet-0 (7#)
(C2)Beta
(C1)Beta
(C1)Vibe
(MLG)Fino
(MLG)Mikey Lenetia​

JamesG: Currently Ranked 9th
Cura Smashfest 4 : 2nd out of 14

Wins:
(C4)Acton (10#)
(C4)Beta
(C4)Sharky
(C4)Leet-0 (7#)
(C3)Acton (10#)- 2$ Money Match

Losses:
(C4)Cura (2#)
(C4)Leet-0 (7#)
(C3)Cura (2#) - 2$ Money Match​

This is everyones win/loss ratio for every event that they have attended sense the PR was updated 5/16/10.

While past tournament will be included they will not be weighed as heavily as recent events.

Important PR notes to read.

James G: Your really good but you need to try and become more active having 1 or 2 good showings wont help you move up the list and receive the respect you deserve. If you cannot make it to enough events. Money match kids at the ones you do go to, that way you have more stuff on file of how good you are and we can started to seed you and rank you appropriately.

Acton: You have the potential to get very good but i feel that you have this mental block that you need to overcome so that excell to the next level. You have an effect gameplay however it is very repetitive and can easily be read. Try and mix up your game play some so that people will end up reading the wrong thing and you can punish it. Also dont mess up your cgs to spike. And learn match ups that you obviously dont know that well such as diddy vs falco.

Beta: You have really good spacing and timing and you play consistently keep up with all the top players in our region. But the fact that you lack basic brawl physics such as understand what certain characters do and how to get around certain things you lose to people you probably shouldn't. If you continue to play this game i can see you taking home money each fest.

Vibe: You need to start doing aib like i told you and stop being gay. We understand your a lil boy and cant get out to the fest but you gotta show some sort of effort. We know your going to SS3 and we know your going to Apex so if you should some really good placings or so you can earn yourself a spot on the Pr. You have the potential.

Sharky: Almost the same thing I said to Acton. Your good, you have the potential to be great, but your repetitive game play + character is holding you back. We all know your style (Run away egg, pivotgrabs, ledge planking) It just isnt effect anymore. The gap between you and me is getting bigger, The gap between you and james g is getting bigger, the gap between you and leet-0 is getting bigger, Even acton is catching up to you resulting in you having to use marth. Right now you the #1 candidate for 10 spot on pr. However XXX is looking to get back in and we know he has the potential to be 10th and a lot higher i feel that if you dont mix you gameplay up (or your character) your gonna be stuck at the same skill point for awhile.

Leet-0 : Your ness is amazing, Its beaten me before, Goggles, Snakeee, James G, And has pull games from top players a countless amount of time all with the wiimote! I feel you just need to work on your match ups some. But i can honestly say your either 2nd or 3rd in the region. I havee to go snake on you most of the time. I feel un-easy going ice climbers or marth cause i think youd pull an upset. Once you learn the snake match up i feel im going to have an extremely hard time beating you. Keep up the good work and keep practicing!

Eevee: you da bess

Alt: -

Everyone in Central New York. It is time for us to dominate Upstate completely. We have the ability to do so. Im expecting big things from Central New york at SS3. We currently control about 50% of the PR.

James G, Me, Acton, Leet-0, and Snakee, (and san if you included him)

And western controls the rest! We need to show that we are the dominate portion and start to work together to make everyone better. So keep coming out to my fests and keep getting better!

P.S: We've raised over 50$ in Charity money! Keep coming out and we can help charitable organization even more.

P.P.S: Due to this coming up weekend being July 4th weekend i will not be holding a fest.

P.P.P.S: The next fest will be on the 10th of July. I hope to see everyone there!

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
^Extremely helpful Cura, I think everyone needs to see this.

I'm going the extra mile now, I'm not losing to anyone because of my own mistakes.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
^Extremely helpful Cura, I think everyone needs to see this.

I'm going the extra mile now, I'm not losing to anyone because of my own mistakes.
I am in support of this. Ness is a baller. :ness:

And Cura, nice job with that. Wish you would've included the entire region, but an interesting read nonetheless. Nice job everyone, you guys are good Smashers

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
^^^ this kid beat neil one or two times too.

I dont remember which one exactly, maybe one of the SoY tourneys, but I remember neil telling me that until he got to grand finals the only game he had dropped was to leet.

and btw, rochester > rest of upstate, always has been that way, always will be that way.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I am in support of this. Ness is a baller. :ness:

And Cura, nice job with that. Wish you would've included the entire region, but an interesting read nonetheless. Nice job everyone, you guys are good Smashers
i have 1 of the whole region but no one (Except Goggles) from western ny comes into this thread. So to save space i only posted Central NY smashers

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Vex you'll understand when you play some of our players. We have alot of kinda gayest players. Rather its pikapika thunder bolt camping, sharky egg camping, san athering, me being sexy. Theres just alot of camping. And not every that comes to my fest is competitive to that aspect where that should be abused. As for the actual tournament i will probably alter the rules some assuming i get some oos attendees.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Vex you'll understand when you play some of our players. We have alot of kinda gayest players. Rather its pikapika thunder bolt camping, sharky egg camping, san athering, me being sexy. Theres just alot of camping. And not every that comes to my fest is competitive to that aspect where that should be abused. As for the actual tournament i will probably alter the rules some assuming i get some oos attendees.
Why does it matter, its all fair and legitimate, be more patient.

It should really only be if timer runs out imo. If they're planking stupidly, let them.

BRAWL IS A CAMPING GAME! ;]

Top Bottom