• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney - Don't Come (Results)

Zero

Smash Hero
Hell I heard a story of a bunch of smashers who were playing in their apartment and a bunch of girls knocked on the door, scantily dressed. They asked the smashers if they'd like to go to their room for some 'fun'. The guys said nah smash is moar awesome and rejected the girls' offer for sum 'fun' in the bedroom.
loooooool

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

loooooool.

That's hillarious. I would have gone, and left after it was all done, to get back to smashing.

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, Bryan here, dont know if some of you remember who i am but id like to say Dont Come was just plain awesome for my first smash trip up to Syd! it's funny how we all lost track of the time at the venue and ended up playing until very late, but that's because I had tonnes of fun playing loads of melee and learning new stuff like learning how to L-cancel properly :D (finally!!!)

And although i love brawl and melee equally, after this trip, i hate to admit but it tipped the scales in favour of melee. The game is just TOO EPIC. I had tonnes of laughs all the time. especially spiking Gords and a few others. ha =p

although i really wished i played a bit more 1v1s against more sydney and qld guys, like up in the hotel friday night, for friendlies but i was really tired and i wanted to observe some pro-ness, and i indeed i saw some. inspiring.... maybe when i go to sydney in feb i can do something with u sydney guys sometime?

+ for team battles, it was pure epicness haha.

catchya all soon. <3

(hmm maybe i should learn to do shout-outs once in a while :p )

Dedu

Smash Lord
Jiggsies: Spamma spamma spamma spamma spamma spamma.

No need for SHFFLS unless grounded nairs are involved.
ALOT like Peach.

Most SHFFL dependant char to master: Fox, Falco and Falcon. Try them for a change :p
I'm sure I left out a couple there.

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
Atlas Gotta give you a special mention. You’re an *** and I didn’t like you one bit. You come in and one of the first things you say to me is “Give that ball to me or I’m going to use force”? And you say things along the like of “I’ll rearrange your face” to Kulla? Seriously? If I weren’t a civilised person I honestly would’ve gone for your throat right then and there for being the ultimate douche. I’ve fought and subbed bigger guys than you; don’t you dare ****ing think that because you’re tall and overweight that you can push others around. You’re a vapid waste of food and employment participating in an Atlas circlejerk of one. Go to hell.[/QUOTE]

i apologise if i made you or anyone else feel uncomfortable i was just mucking around, i didn't think you would take me seriously. i am a gentle and loving person by nature violence isn't something i like. But if you had a problem with me you should have talked to me about it. For putting something as insulting on this thread thats pretty low dude. in regards to kulla no hard feelings mate!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Hell I heard a story of a bunch of smashers who were playing in their apartment and a bunch of girls knocked on the door, scantily dressed. They asked the smashers if they'd like to go to their room for some 'fun'. The guys said nah smash is moar awesome and rejected the girls' offer for sum 'fun' in the bedroom.
That DID happen to Rune and I while we were there. Only the 3 scantily dressed women were actually Syke, Accelerate and Juggie in their underwear asking Bob for keys to their room.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Haaaa hahahahahahahahaha!
That's funny!

Silly boys.
How come they were in their undies?

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Atlas Gotta give you a special mention. You’re an *** and I didn’t like you one bit. You come in and one of the first things you say to me is “Give that ball to me or I’m going to use force”? And you say things along the like of “I’ll rearrange your face” to Kulla? Seriously? If I weren’t a civilised person I honestly would’ve gone for your throat right then and there for being the ultimate douche. I’ve fought and subbed bigger guys than you; don’t you dare ****ing think that because you’re tall and overweight that you can push others around. You’re a vapid waste of food and employment participating in an Atlas circlejerk of one. Go to hell.

i apologise if i made you or anyone else feel uncomfortable i was just mucking around, i didn't think you would take me seriously. i am a gentle and loving person by nature violence isn't something i like. But if you had a problem with me you should have talked to me about it. For putting something as insulting on this thread thats pretty low dude. in regards to kulla no hard feelings mate!
you're a fat **** and we all hate you go die and never come back to our city unless u wanna be knee'd in the face and then triangle choked.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
errrr, guys, he's quite sensitive to negative posting - he means well, and i think people just misunderstand him.

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
"sigh" just no pleasing pople.... guess what turts ill accept your challenge in a real fight any day ,ill come and go as i please to anywhere

maybe ill let you know my life story!!

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
"sigh" just no pleasing pople.... guess what turts ill accept your challenge in a real fight any day ,ill come and go as i please to anywhere

LOL you serious? come to the next tourney and ill kick your ****ing head in seriously.

IGIF.PAIN

Smash Apprentice
TURTLE...WILL YOU MARRY ME....LOL na he is the funiest smasher though and you may think that him calling my fox **** is an insult but i just relized i have to DI alot more and that is why im easy to combo, ATLAS IVE NEVER MET YOU BUT REALLY IM THE ONLY ONE WHOS ALOWED TO DISH OUT PAIN, DONT TRY IT............OR YOU MY GET HURT.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
TURTLE...WILL YOU MARRY ME....LOL na he is the funiest smasher though and you may think that him calling my fox **** is an insult but i just relized i have to DI alot more and that is why im easy to combo, ATLAS IVE NEVER MET YOU BUT REALLY IM THE ONLY ONE WHOS ALOWED TO DISH OUT PAIN, DONT TRY IT............OR YOU MY GET HURT.
just keep practicing jump cancelling those shines, youll get it down bud :)

IGIF.PAIN

Smash Apprentice
WOW i was reading sme of the **** back on pages 41, 42, 43 so on so forth and really, GTR your an idiot like i am a melee player, lord knows i have dreams every night about the death of sakurai but i dont flame shaya like that, at least he has done **** for smash unlike you ya stupid *****.

Shaya this doesnt mean i like you its just means i think its stupid to be flaming the people who play brawl or shaya this much over a game, like ****ing go get layed GTR, alot of people like melee better including me, infact as i said i hate brawl and i love melee and without those dam flamer posts you ****ing n0b it will have a much better chance of gaining respect from brawl players. Oh and sorry cao for filling your dont come results with naughty words.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
show some respect GTR is the greatest person ever to have graced the australian smashboards and he brings up some very valid points in his posts.

IGIF.PAIN

Smash Apprentice
its pretty funny though when you think of it, there would be no shash arguementsif everyone played melee.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86

I got a message from god for you it says I.O.U One Brain :psycho:

You're just proving Unreon right by posting that.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
INTERNET TOUGH GUYS
DUNDUNDUNDUDNDUNDDDGDGDGDGDGDGDUNDUDNUDNUDDGGDGDGDGDD
*HEAPS CRAZY GUITAR SOLO FOR THE INTRO*
**** YEAH FLAMAN THOSE FORUMS
HITTIN UP THOSE PROXIES TO DODGE BANS
NOTHING CAN STOP THESE TUF GUYS
DUNEDUNEUDNDUNDUDNDUNDUNDNDNDNDDGDGDGDGDGDUNDUNDUDNUDND
STARRING COMBO AS DOUCHE***
GTR AS SKINNY LITTLE ASIAN
AND SYKE AS OLD MAN

WATCH OUT, THEY MIGHT MAKE SOME PERSONAL INSULTS, INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS SO YOU DUN WAN GET FLAMED

BECKAWICKAWEEEEUURRRRRWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
*TOTALLY SHREDDING GUITAR SOLO*
SOOOO SERRIUSSSSUSOSIUSUSSSSSSSSS HELLS YEAHYUHZZZZZ

ps: you didnt teach me much cao

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
INTERNET TOUGH GUYS
DUNDUNDUNDUDNDUNDDDGDGDGDGDGDGDUNDUDNUDNUDDGGDGDGDGDD
*HEAPS CRAZY GUITAR SOLO FOR THE INTRO*
**** YEAH FLAMAN THOSE FORUMS
HITTIN UP THOSE PROXIES TO DODGE BANS
NOTHING CAN STOP THESE TUF GUYS
DUNEDUNEUDNDUNDUDNDUNDUNDNDNDNDDGDGDGDGDGDUNDUNDUDNUDND
STARRING COMBO AS DOUCHE***
GTR AS SKINNY LITTLE ASIAN
AND SYKE AS OLD MAN

WATCH OUT, THEY MIGHT MAKE SOME PERSONAL INSULTS, INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS SO YOU DUN WAN GET FLAMED

BECKAWICKAWEEEEUURRRRRWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
*TOTALLY SHREDDING GUITAR SOLO*
SOOOO SERRIUSSSSUSOSIUSUSSSSSSSSS HELLS YEAHYUHZZZZZ

ps: you didnt teach me much cao
lol ur a fat virgin.

your song actually made me smile though good work:)

Jaz

Smash Ace
Fark I've been in a few shoutouts... really guys thanks!

now this may sound callous but i like to think myself as an honest person, which is why i can be quiet sometimes if i know that whatever my next words may be they'll probably belay my honest reputation, but yes back to being callous.

I would reply to the shoutouts and i used to be a fan of writing them, but i have grown to know so many smashers now, and my memory is so **** poor i probably couldn't do shoutouts justice any more, kudos to those that bothered to address all the people at the tournament its a thing i will admire at a safe non-committal distance.

I would like to thank Cao for organising a tournament within the OHN environment, Smash will probably never be accepted among a community of people that treasure "true" fighting games, but i spose Melee's entertainment factor will remain the smash communities little secret. Thank you for coercing with the extremely resourceful OHN and EGG to yet again provide a quality professional standard of melee.

Callous and hypocritical there are a few crew members i have to thank, i don't mean to exclude anyone, I hope that for those of you that remember me will assume that my value for you as a member of the smash community won't be summarised in a brief paragraph below, if you do assume that i spose we didn't talk for very long.

Unreon
Jason, you teamed with a falcon who possess' an unhealthy addiction to unpredictable stock loss, I'd say your a gambler to say the least. Between being ambarred in a radical new fashion to Tv antics in the rain, authentic kick-*** Unreon lotus soup (OMFG) and shopping trolley adventures I'd say you and I make a smashing good team, just in general ;)
I hope you stay a familiar face in sydney, thers no tourny without an Unreon

S.D
Well! I versed you at that brawl tournie and i knew you were good there, but dark horse Ice climbers is not something i expected or prepared for, in fact before the four man melee crews i said that the IC's thing wouldn't even be a problem.
I don't usually enjoy being proven wrong.
A welcome addition to the smash scene making the character selection more diverse in sydney and an awesome guy to boot! Sitting with you and turtle feels like I'm versing genuine hardcore aussies that have somehow managed to take an interest in video games. if i have the money next time round, I'll be hostelling with you guys for sure, and kudos on the treck from the Hunter, you guys deserved a f*cking trophy just for that.

ComboTurtle
Tom you exposed me due to the inexperience i'd become familiar with, spot dodging was frequently punished, as was any kind of recovery attempt, you have become a serious swordsman now, capable of winning a sydney tournament if your cards fell right. Pretty sure simons new interest in marth could be credited to your displays. What an improvement in a short year, like i said to Sam: kudos on the treck from south of Gong... Ulladulla? fark me you guys deserved a f*cking trophy just for that. Wish you didn't live that far away, its a shame i only get to see you for tournaments, don't be a stranger.

Pat
Wow... technically, your just a machine Pat. I see aspects of freddo in you when you automatically home in on helpless airborne victims with a Fox Uair, then you chuck your own twist on it, Cao is a fox Killer, he's bred his peach just for that and has come toe to toe with Shaz, Freddo Emily and Bringers Fox's. Yet you did extremely well against Aussie no.1, even with that diverse fox experience, it says alot.
I'll get resident evil back to you promise.

Kulla
Sim where to start man? You made that tournie happen for me, i would've just gone insane without you there, the lifts home and being the leader when we needed one. The best part of Kulla leadership is that he's not a farking douche about it, as a group we made team decisions, some crews just follow orders, but yours was different. I've been in a few now and i have to say that although your disappointed in your performance as an individual you had faith in that fight before it started, and as a leader it was a textbook performance, congrats ^_^

might be worth noting that i was probably used to such a punishing Shiek that might have contributed to my crew battle performance... just throwing that out there XD

QLD
You guys... such a long time i barely recognised you guys and that's sad, for half a year i'd just like to have a job in QLD and chill with you guys it would be awesome. I know you guys aren't big on the shoutouts and getting banned and all that, but don't let that deter any return trips you had planned ;)
ela................ ela..................... ela.................... aye.................. ayFARKIN SHADUUP!!!
Juggie happy ****ing birthday man

VIC
you guys are still intimidating, if it weren't for kulla I would have deemed us a no chance to beat you in the crews but things fell our way. I know some of you enjoyed your housing a little too much with the most expensive Ocean View in Oz nicely done.
Sam your a legend, i wouldn't recognise cao without you there :)

Shaya
Didn't talk to you much, you were always busy and its become apparent I'm not a brawl enthusiast, so that probably contributed to the lack of talking as well. thank you for putting up with me in things i promised I'd enthusiastically participate in, Jean don't ever coach people that don't ask for it, its the most pretentious thing a leader can do.

Now there have been endless debates about brawl and melee and most people that have noted my views on the whole thing would say i have a fence jammed firmly up my rear on the topic. To each there own, i dare say you have experienced a fair few of these rants.

However due to this particular brawl tournament and my lack of smash activity in general i will have no further involvement in brawl tournaments, i was never going to organise one and now i can't see myself competing in it either, i'm only directing this at you because your the face behind the sydney brawl community. believe me when i say it is nothing personal

Because of certain measures, and the sheer time it took just to get brawl done, any chances i had of celebrating and catching up with Qld veterans were slaughtered, which I'd looked forward to ever since the tournament and they're participation in it became aware to me. Cao became imprisoned out of etiquette and as a result i didn't see him smiling much either.

there have been some extremely unfair and personal attacks made on you that i don't think are very becoming of what i remembered as a friendly community, but running a last minute 64 tournament was the most unprofessional organisational endeavour I'd ever heard of let alone witnessed, i don't believe your skill at the game was a coincidence in its going ahead either. That's true of melee too i suppose, cao organises the melee tournies, but there's is a whole community willing to participate in that.

I trust that brawl enthusiasts like yourself will respect my decision to not be a part of Brawl competition, its not an attack on what they enjoy, its my personal preference, If that's not a clear enough explanation or a perhaps in someway a lacking justification don't feel free to question me on it. It's my ****ing choice, i will have little patience for those that query my decision.

So Jean you walk away from this knowing that brawl will continue on its path, but I'll have nothing to do with it, don't mistake this as a alienation from you either. From one organiser to another, good luck, and don't take **** from people that friendly to much! lay down the law.

Overall OHN7 was a disappointment for me (no xeno) murderball was great, and the tournament didn't lack anything competitively its the lack of community moments afterwards that people talk about at the next tourny, and the only thing that made it work for me were the people i have come to know from a year of competitive melee. Although I'm not as active as i used to be, being a part of a group of dedicated gamers is something i really don't want to walk away from.

-Jaz

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
jaz, you're the best <3 if a meet got organised between christmas and new years would you be in attendance? <3 always happy to see you.

p.s we got a trophy... brawl doubles HOORAH!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
lol ur a fat virgin.

your song actually made me smile though good work:)
i expected the first line, but a somewhat nice second line? WHAT THE **** IS THIS, WHERES COMBO GONE? THE REAL COMBO WOULD NEVER STOP TROLLANS TO SAY HE LOL'D, UNLESS ITS FROM A FELLOW TROLL, OR SOMETHING

and since someone linked a youtube vid, ill link and amazing one too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD_imYhNoQ4&feature=channel_page
its packed with amazing melee footage, so you know you want to see it

Top Bottom