• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF member voted tier list

Browny

Smash Hater
But it looks really ugly right now. :(
Yeah, I've though about this a lot. Especially considering the massive gap between CF/Ganon and the rest, maybe I could just bring them up to the rank immediately below. same with MK and snake, they dont need to be so far ahead.

But that would defeat my original purpose which was to have as little bias as humanly possible. While ideally, we would look at the current iteration and fix the obvious errors (like what the SBR should have done with ness and lucas lol...), that would effectively require everyones opinion on the matter, since I can't just decide for myself how I want to alter the current rankings. But that is what the point of daily updates is for. Also the reasoning behind my attempted tier list made by list 4.0, which removed the gaps completely, but it wasn't a popular choice and very few people even cared :/

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
maybe those giant gaps are there for reason...

just like you said at the beginning of this thread, if there are any inconsistencies, the community and votes with even it out in time. and the fact that it has turned out like this, maybe that means that thats how its supposed to be, so if this is what the community decides... why change it?

Browny

Smash Hater
wolf +1
mario yoshi -1

updated.

lol careful KID you voted twice, I only counted the first one.

btw I guess its time i said this. Can people from now on please start trying to focus on splitting the tiers

for example;
-----17-----

-----16-----
:shiek:
:sonic:
:ike:
:bowser2:
:zelda:

-----15-----
:pt:
Lets say someone wants to get PT above a few of these characters. at the moment, the worst way to do it is to vote PT up and make rank 16 huge. its MUCH better in the long run if people vote the others down. instead of having 6 in 16 and 0 for 15 and 17, do something like vote 2 chars from 16 down and PT up, that way It may only take 2 updates for PT to be placed above all those characters, 1 to put 2 of them down into 15and PT into 16, and 1 to put PT up into 17. It will keep everything spaced out much more nicely

chandy

Smash Journeyman
This tier list now looks how I feel it should :)
Shiek +1
Toon Link -1
Yoshi -1

Btw, do you know where we can find the previous versions of the list or is that Djbrowny's secret?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
wolf +1
mario yoshi -1

updated.

lol careful KID you voted twice, I only counted the first one.

my bad

btw I guess its time i said this. Can people from now on please start trying to focus on splitting the tiers

for example;

Lets say someone wants to get PT above a few of these characters. at the moment, the worst way to do it is to vote PT up and make rank 16 huge. its MUCH better in the long run if people vote the others down. instead of having 6 in 16 and 0 for 15 and 17, do something like vote 2 chars from 16 down and PT up, that way It may only take 2 updates for PT to be placed above all those characters, 1 to put 2 of them down into 15and PT into 16, and 1 to put PT up into 17. It will keep everything spaced out much more nicely
ive been trying to do this but in those 5/6 character ranks, i honestly cant tell which characters are better than the other in that rank

Diddy, falco, pikachu +1

Browny

Smash Hater
Btw, do you know where we can find the previous versions of the list or is that Djbrowny's secret?
There would be way too many things to keep lol, up to 45 or so iterations already :p. I do however have a saved version of 4.0. I plan on keeping all X.0 versions saved. They are in this thread somewhere...

Browny

Smash Hater
Falco ic +1
ddd -1

updated

KID you voted twice again >_<
Only counted your first vote again.

also for the record if people vote more than 3 characters because they didnt read the op, I only consider the first 3 votes and ignore the rest

Top Bottom