• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF member voted tier list

Micklem

Smash Apprentice
[Marth] +1
[Wario] +1
[Fox] +1

[D3] -1
[Sonic] -1
[Pit] -1

and [Ganondorf] +9000

Browny

Smash Hater
Hmmm I wanna revamp this somehow but I got no ideas... I would turn the OP into a graphic but of course with it changing every few days thats not realistic lol.

Any ideas on how to put a new spin on this guys? I may hold a round of votes to put the current order into tiers and create an actual tier list, then simply continue with the process. This just seems to be going nowhere at the moment... It needs hype of a BBR tier list 5.0 tbh >_>

Browny

Smash Hater
More votes just means that I would either have to update it very frequently such that many regulars would miss out often, or simply have more movements per update. I can do that though because even with the current system, around 12-17 characters move every update which can change the list dramatically enough. If it had like 30 movements per update, it would be rather chaotic and take longer to settle down on popular opinion trends.

Browny

Smash Hater
Updated...
RECENT CHANGES
Mario Fox ZSS TL Pikachu Lucario Olimar Diddy Sonic +1
Ganon IC DDD ROB Link Jigglypuff Bowser -1
I think I can safely predict some of the next rounds positions based on apex's results :p

Link to original post: [drupal=1414]Unofficial SWF member voted tier list?[/drupal]

So I was thinking of a way we, the normal members of SWF could collaborate over time to try and make a tier list based on the average of our opinions. this is different to the current SWF tier list, since the results can not be skewed so easily.

My idea is that for each update people will vote for the movement of up to 3 characters to either move up or down 1 position. After enough votes (This will typically be around 15-20 votes), I will tally up the suggested movements and move the characters accordingly. No character can move more than 1 place per update. If 5 people vote falco to move up one place for example while 1 person votes down, he will only move up 1 place in total. After this, ill update the OP with the current values from each day, and people vote again on the new list. No character can be rated higher than 37 or below 1.

This shouldnt be a very succeptible method to skewing since if for example, one person is hell bent on making one character top tier while another bottom by voting +1 and -1 respectively every single day, other members will notice this and would vote that that character move up to defy the trend. For the first few days, I will update this multiple times per day until we see a clear trend forming where we can slow it down.

So for example, people would post in the following format
[character] +1
[character] +1
[character] -1
You could vote either 3 up, 3 down, or any combination. no need to vote for 3, even just 1 character if you really want, just no more than 3. The number of votes allowed is subject to change at any time, I will make it clear when it does.

Do not base your votes off what people above you may have said. If prior to an update, someone puts a character as +1 and the next poster sees that and replies with a -1, this list will go no where. Try to keep your votes as unbiased as possible to the posters above you, and only refer to the current list. thanks :)

I will be monitoring peoples votes. If people repeatedly vote the same characters up or down every single update, I will simply not include that vote. There are 37 characters, try to vote on the shape of the ENTIRE tier list, not just 1 or 2 characters

AND PLEASE, ONLY VOTE 3 CHARACTERS. NOT 3 UP AND 3 DOWN, ONLY 3 IN TOTAL. I WILL ONLY INCLUDE THE FIRST 3 VOTES

Unofficial SWF Member Voted Tier List - V3.08 (Update 63)
UPDATED AS OF POST #1107

-----36-----
:metaknight:

-----35-----
:snake:

-----34-----

-----33-----

-----32-----
:diddy:

-----31-----
:falco:

-----30-----