• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe SWF Mario Kart Events Thread [Definite Return for Mario Kart 8 :)]

Nigachu

Smash Apprentice
Gosh, my cpu goes down and I miss practically everything, plus work schedule restricts my gametime to early mornings or late nights. Updated my friend list with everyone on the first page. Add me if you haven't yet.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's a shame that you can't do Maka Wuhu without having people abuse that glitch. Whoever exposed that glitch has to be out of his/her mind.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I love how i post a topic for the first time in years just trying to get some people onto my community playlist and the mod shuts it down and redirects me to this thread...Like I came on the forums and searched every possible post on mario kart, F8AL. Ok even though this will get lost in a flood of future posts, I'll copy/paste my topic.
That's terrible.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
F8AL very cool :]
So I've looked quite a bit at the hidden stats and I love my rosalina-BumblV-sponge-swooper combo :D
Dat mini turbo and accel

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
It's a shame that you can't do Maka Wuhu without having people abuse that glitch. Whoever exposed that glitch has to be out of his/her mind.
Well I mean, glitches don't stay exclusive secrets, ever. Even with just a simple observation, "oh that dude flew off and now he's 8 miles ahead of me, I wanna do it too!" turns into 90% of the people doing the same with youtube videos flying up all over the place like wildfire. Really is a bummer whenever the stage is chosen though, it's like "welp, time to glitch again" when you know literally everyone else is going to.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well I mean, glitches don't stay exclusive secrets, ever. Even with just a simple observation, "oh that dude flew off and now he's 8 miles ahead of me, I wanna do it too!" turns into 90% of the people doing the same with youtube videos flying up all over the place like wildfire. Really is a bummer whenever the stage is chosen though, it's like "welp, time to glitch again" when you know literally everyone else is going to.
Yeah it's pretty much disturbing when a track that looks impressive turns into glitchville in a blink of an eye. You shouldn't even involve Lakitu with getting good time trial records.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
F8AL very cool :]
So I've looked quite a bit at the hidden stats and I love my rosalina-BumblV-sponge-swooper combo :D
Dat mini turbo and accel
That is one mean combo. The stats may not look as impressive as some of the stuff I normally use, but that is something that can be devastating. I should try looking at hidden stats to perfect my Shy Guy combos.

Also, you have yet to add me. lol

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
It's a good combo if you look at the hidden stats :)
And I'm sorry I haven't had time to use my 3ds D;

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Aye. Which is why I took the time to do the same. Who knew that the Slim tires weren't all that great? Right now I'm experimenting with the Cloud 9 and Shy Guy, since that's a combo that I enjoy a lot.

So, Cloud 9/Roller/Swooper seems to be doing some justice. The Roller Wheels helps increase the Cloud 9's strengths, but as such, it also strengthens its weaknesses. Unfortunately, there are no tires that can do what I really want tires to do, but that's game balance for ya.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
MechaWave told me that I wouldn't get very far with the Rosalina + Birthday Girl + Roller + Paraglider combo, but the hidden stats seem to state otherwise.

[collapse=Combo Stats 1]Rosalina + Birthday Girl + Roller + Paraglider

Land Speed: 2.5
Sea Speed: 4
Air Speed: 4
Acceleration: 4
Weight: 2.25
Land Handling: 5
Sea Handling: 3.5
Air Handling: 4
Off-Road: 2.25
Mini-Turbo: 4
Stability: 2.75
Drift: 1.25[/collapse]

Based on the hidden stats, the worst stat is Drift (1.25), with all the other stats being higher than 2. I still need to try out this combo to see if it actually is useful.

Oddly, the Yoshi + Cloud 9 + Slim + Super Glider combo is not too different from the combo mentioned above, but some handling is sacrificed to boost off-road. But when the hidden stats are applied...

[collapse=Combo Stats 2]Yoshi + Cloud 9 + Slim + Super Glider

Land Speed: 2.5
Sea Speed: 4
Air Speed: 4.5
Acceleration: 4
Weight: 2.25
Land Handling: 4.75
Sea Handling: 4
Air Handling: 2.5
Off-Road: 2.5
Mini-Turbo: 2
Stability: 2.75
Drift: 4.5[/collapse]

The second combo does drift a lot better, handles better underwater, and is faster in the air, but the aerial handling, and the mini-turbo, are worse than what the first combo offers. But like the first combo, I still need to test out the second combo to be sure.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Of course. Which is the beauty of this game. The parts are balanced to the point that you HAVE to have a weakness in something. Where one kart is better suited for speed, another is better suited for handling, and it goes on and on and on like that.

What matters is what you are looking for in a kart. How you play affects how your kart will be.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
So, you guys aren't going to do that glitch if we end up going there during a tournament, right?

Edit: @Mario_and_Sonic_Guy: On MK64, if Lakitu ends up helping you out, or if you stay off course for too long, then the game will post a message saying that the ghost data will not be saved. I know on SMK, if you hit a wall or go off course, then it won't save the ghost either.

Gatlin

Assuming everyone is willing to abide by that rule, then sure.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Edit: @Mario_and_Sonic_Guy: On MK64, if Lakitu ends up helping you out, or if you stay off course for too long, then the game will post a message saying that the ghost data will not be saved. I know on SMK, if you hit a wall or go off course, then it won't save the ghost either.
Why that wasn't kept in later Mario Karts is beyond me. If ghosts can't be saved if you go off the track, then those glitches would be rendered useless for Time Trial purposes.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000

It's annoying when people use glitches on Time Trial.

And, I wouldn't use the glitch myself. Grumble Volcano and Maka Wuhu are fun tracks to race on, whenever people don't abuse the system.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
And, I wouldn't use the glitch myself. Grumble Volcano and Maka Wuhu are fun tracks to race on, whenever people don't abuse the system.
At one point, I actually tried to do the Grumble Volcano glitch, but it never worked at all; not even once. I eventually stopped, and vowed to never do it again.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Glitches are always banned in tournaments, so no Maka Wuhu glitch during those, as it will result in a large dock in points for you.

Also, I need to know who everyone uses character wise.

Please, if you can, take your time to list your main characters for me so I can get a project done. If you only use one character seriously, perfect, just name that one. If you play multiple characters, just list them, with a maximum of 3, in order of your preference. Thanks!

BSP

Smash Legend

It's annoying when people use glitches on Time Trial.

Actually, I don't really like Grumble Volcano anyway because you bounce from pretty much everything >.>

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Also, I need to know who everyone uses character wise.

Please, if you can, take your time to list your main characters for me so I can get a project done. If you only use one character seriously, perfect, just name that one. If you play multiple characters, just list them, with a maximum of 3, in order of your preference. Thanks!
How long will your project be? In less than a month, I'll "probably" be joining in.

syfy

Smash Rookie
NNID
noahcm9
Yo, add me to the MK7 list please.

syfy:2879-0064-5505

(Also, PM me if you add me, or just say so!)

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'd main luigi or yoshi if I have the game right now.

But wait, if you guys are playing it competitively, what would be top tier?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Heavy characters with the fastest set of parts (in time trials, that is...)

Z'zgashi, people aren't getting your name right. Set 'em straight.

Also... :shyguy:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Feather Character, Soda Jet, Slick Tires, Beast Glider.

Would this combo do well? I don't have the parts yet so I haven't seen it.

Gatlin

That's what I used to use, but I dislike Slick Tires so I switched to Slim.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
@Vinyl: to be honest, due to the need of most stats and a generally even distribution, plus the fact that you need to build a kart to work towards what you personally want, AND the fact that there are many viable builds, I really dont think any characters are better than any others (however in TTs, speed is all that matters, so on most tracks Bowser, Wario, Honey Queen, and Metal Mario are the best, but there are a few where the best TT characters are Peach, Daisy, and Yoshi). In actual races against other people, I think any character has the same chance to win so long as you build your vehicle correctly. If I HAD to make a tier list, Id base it on just plain versatility, as everyone can win with a good build, but some weight classes have a greater amount of viable build options. Imo, with that said, my tier list would be this:

1. Middle Weight (Mario, Luigi, Mii) - You can literally build in any direction, increasing any stats, and get whatever stats you want to concentrate on to be high. All their stats are generally to a point where any of them can be high when you concentrate on them.
2. Light Weight (Peach, Yoshi, Daisy) - They have a great Accel and decent speed, and luckily for them, the stats they lack are easier to increase than most other stats. There are a few builds that are bad ideas on them, but they are good in areas that matter and where they lack its easy to fix.
3. Heavy Weight (Bowser, Wario, Honey Queen, Metal Mario) - While most of the time you'll be wanting to concentrate on buffing Accel, that really isnt a hard stat to build, and due to their ridiculous Speed, you can completely ignore that stat and still end up being a Speed demon.
4. Feather Weight (Toad, Koopa, Shy Guy, Lakitu) - You'll be wanting to build them very similar to light weights, as their stats are very similar only their advantages and disadvantages are more extreme. The reason I think Light Weights are better, is that Speed is harder to build than a lot of other stats due to the fast pieces having a lot of negatives in their spreads, however, due to their stupid high stats in areas like Accel and Handling, it's usually a fair trade to lose those as you still have so much.
5. Cruiser Weights (DK, Rosalina, Wiggler) - Basically, it's the same relation between Cruiser and Heavy as their is between Light and Feather, only reversed. While Lights have the advantage of not needing to be so hell bent on getting Speed as Feathers, Accel is far easier to get in comparison to Speed, so usually Heavies end up getting the Accel they need, while keeping that good Speed, and Cruisers are in that in between where you need to get the perfect vehicle parts and miss out on a bit of versatility.

Like I said though, everyone is really pretty even when it comes to actual viability, my rankings are based solely on versatility.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
That is an amazing post. It's incredibly handy for others to choose from.
Very damn good job, Z'zgashi. I didn't even expected this, lol.

===

So, I'll go with luigi.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I usually run:
Shy Guy
Toad
Mii

But that tier list has me thinking a bit. I should experiment more. Oh god, do I love experimenting, now that I have a majority of the parts. Only missing 7 parts. 5 if you don't include the Gold Parts. And 4 if you don't include Beast Glider.

The only reason why I use Shy Guy is the fact that he is one of my favorite characters out of the whole cast. Toad for similar reasons, but also because I used him in 64. Mii because its Mii. Plus Mii has a theme song. So character selection is purely based on how I feel towards each character, not for stats purposes.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Even though I don't own the game, I'll probably be using...

---------------------
Characters

Koopa Troopa
Yoshi
Mario
Rosalina
---------------------
Kart Bodies

Any body, except Koopa Clown and Tiny Tug.
---------------------
Kart Wheels

Standard
Roller
Monster*
Slim
Wood
Red Monster
---------------------
Kart Gliders

Any glider, but I'll probably use the Paraglider the most.
---------------------

*Before the Red Monster is unlocked. Once unlocked, the Monster won't be used as much.

I currently don't have an input for the heavy class.

Top Bottom