• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe SWF Mario Kart Events Thread [Definite Return for Mario Kart 8 :)]

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
who knows maybe your "getting DCd' will go away :)
You didnt get DCd yesterday right?

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
not until after i did some friendlies with Air and Zz last night.
===

Also tonight I avoided my first blue shell with a mushroom in mid-air.

Feels really good. :)

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
VSFalcon is a *****, I'm sorry, idc who he/she is. :p

Thanks for running this tourney Gashi. Despite some of the complications with VSfalcon, it was pretty fun. I opened up a private community for Tourneys (Which, I will PM everyone in this group tomorrow morning) so tourneys can have more security in the future when ran.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I mostly wanted to see just how ****ty the Community feature was with this tournament lmao. I had never used it before so it was a learning process for me. What Ive discovered is, you HAVE to have contact with Skype/Chat rooms/etc or its not gonna work. Anyone can start the matches, and after 5 mins of being idle, the room auto starts, so you have to have people join quickly, and in the case of separate rooms, join in waves. The reason you need to join quickly is, if you've ever played anyone online in random Worldwides, and those people you played decide to go to their Recently Played section, they can join the community room you're in, even if they dont have the code, even if you delete them from you Recently Played list, and even if you go into Hidden mode online. This is how that Falcon guy joined in the first place, he had just played someone earlier and joined our community through his Recently Played list.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I already did that to mines. Put your skype user on your contact info so it'll be easier to add you.

Add me guys: OfficialVinyl
Because the other one is now useless as I forgot the password.

Zian

Smash Cadet
I love how i post a topic for the first time in years just trying to get some people onto my community playlist and the mod shuts it down and redirects me to this thread...Like I came on the forums and searched every possible post on mario kart, F8AL. Ok even though this will get lost in a flood of future posts, I'll copy/paste my topic.

I'm pulling my hair out getting knocked out of first place by blue shell after blue shell. I know at its core Mario Kart is all about these items, but I want to make a community where best drifter/drafter wins. Just Racing!

Power Slide Prix
150 cc Grand Prix
No Items

Community code is: 49-7443-1265-4399

Add the list and let me know when you want to play. My friend code is 4725-8050-4938 (danwilburn). Swapnote to communicate and if you don't have Mario Kart then friend request me just to swap notes, lol.

Matt07

Smash Master
@Zian - I'll be interested in joining that :).

I like when I get first people on the last race everyone immediately votes for Maku Wuhu and does the glitch :/. I refuse to do the glitch as I think it's unfair towards other people *shrug.*

Oh well, at least it's an easy 10 Coins towards my next part xD.

Zian

Smash Cadet
Well friend request me. I'm not 100% how the community playlist I made works but i figure if we get 10 or more people we can have some good races...wuhu glitch?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If anyone wants to join me right now, Im in an awesome room in some WWs.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I like when I get first people on the last race everyone immediately votes for Maku Wuhu and does the glitch :/. I refuse to do the glitch as I think it's unfair towards other people *shrug.*

Oh well, at least it's an easy 10 Coins towards my next part xD.
...wuhu glitch?
Wuhu glitch: you can drive off the edge into some lake right after you cross the 2/3 marker. When you fall, you'll just spawn in front of the 3/3 marker, allowing you to bypass most of the map.

I always laugh when people who I can beat no problem use this glitch, but I HATE it when someone who has been beating me without a 2nd thought beats me and uses the glitch.

Which is why I follow them whenever they use it, so that I can prevent them from getting an easy 1st. If you have skill, then prove it.

Community code is: 49-7443-1265-4399

Add the list and let me know when you want to play. My friend code is 4725-8050-4938 (danwilburn). Swapnote to communicate and if you don't have Mario Kart then friend request me just to swap notes, lol.
I wouldn't mind adding this community, but I thought Swapnote could only be passed through Streetpass, not through online means. Also, I added you Zian. My FC is: 1590-5236-9299

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I use it cuz the people who pick it more than likely will use it, and at my VR (9k atm) everyone knows it.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
It can't be unfair if 3/4ths of the room is doing the glitch. Trying to be fair will do nothing but hinder you.
I guess it's not a big deal since the VR gain/loss in this game is very minimal, but I just got fed up with people winning just because of the glitch. So I take it too.

It's interesting how at least with MKW people were more reluctant to short cut on Grumble Volcano but on Maka Wuhu, everyone does it if they know how to.

and at my VR (9k atm) everyone knows it.
I love how you managed to slip in a brag. xD

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Thats not bragging... Im just saying once you hit rooms at my VR people all know the glitch. If I wanted to brag I could though lol.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Gashi be bragging but he still has a losing record against me(at least mine shows that) :3
And VR isn't anything to brag about in this game since it doesn't go down much if you lose.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
That reminds me, I should add you once I'm done with this Community Grand Prix Brickbox.
My FC is:
1590-5236-9299

BSP

Smash Legend
If wifi is anything like MKW's, VR isn't really anything to brag about since free rooms were/are everywhere

That being said, you can expect someone with max or high VR to have a decent idea of how to play though :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
When I get the game, I was thinking of making a community that would operate as the following...

1: 50cc Grand Prix
2: All tracks can be used.
3: Glitches are outlawed.

The problem is, I doubt anyone would follow rule 3 if Maka Wuhu is chosen.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
If anything, do at least 100cc.

Also, if you don't want people to do glitches, then make it a Mirror race. To my knowledge, the Maka Wuhu glitch does not work in the Mirrored version of the track.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
If anything, do at least 100cc.

Also, if you don't want people to do glitches, then make it a Mirror race. To my knowledge, the Maka Wuhu glitch does not work in the Mirrored version of the track.
Works in both versions.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Works in both versions.
Seriously? I wasn't able to do the glitch on the Mirrored version for some reason then. Hmmm, I'll have to retest it then. The glitch is known for being picky at times.

EDIT:
Basically if you avoid hitting the rock and just land in the water, you succeed.
Ahhh, I see. So avoid hitting the rock, and it works.

The reason you need to join quickly is, if you've ever played anyone online in random Worldwides, and those people you played decide to go to their Recently Played section, they can join the community room you're in, even if they dont have the code, even if you delete them from you Recently Played list, and even if you go into Hidden mode online. This is how that Falcon guy joined in the first place, he had just played someone earlier and joined our community through his Recently Played list.
Also, a solution worth checking out is this: go to the MK7 Channel. Click your Mii icon in the lower right. Then go to settings, and adjust online status to Hide. Not sure if it'll work for sure, but it is worth exploring if you don't want any mishaps to happen again.

BSP

Smash Legend
Man, Grumble Volcano's glitch never got this much talk...

This must happen like every single time lol

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Judging from the amount of times I have played that track, it does happen every single time.

BSP

Smash Legend
I remember that time in that 3 person team tournament, I blued GreenKirby right in front of the finish line

Spoiler:
He was on my team

Yeah, GK, where have you been? And did you get 7?

Top Bottom