• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe SWF Mario Kart Events Thread [Definite Return for Mario Kart 8 :)]

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
There arent any Off Road shortcuts that'll give you any extra lead without a boost, so imo it's a bit useless most of the time. Outside of Kalamari, I really dont see Off-Road being much help at all.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There arent any Off Road shortcuts that'll give you any extra lead without a boost, so imo it's a bit useless most of the time. Outside of Kalamari, I really dont see Off-Road being much help at all.
At least the weight boost that the Monster and Red Monster offers can make it harder for opponents to push you around.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Red Monster is still good cuz the other stats, but really, Off-Road should be the least of your concerns, it's really not all that helpful.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
never go monster unless your 7 years old and can't stay on the track
Unless of course, you're doing a Time Trial run. Also, the Feather and Light characters would be more fortunate with the Monster tires than the other characters, thanks to their acceleration.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
All that matters in TTs is speed and MT. Nothing else should even be considered aside from occasional Drift.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
All that matters in TTs is speed and MT. Nothing else should even be considered aside from occasional Drift.
If that's the case, then some Red Monster usage could also be involved. The Red Monster may be slower, but a potential 5.25 Speed stat for the heavies is still quite strong, and it seems to get a mini-turbo boost as well. On the other hand, its drifting is apparently worse.

Regardless, I'll just have to experiment with the combos when I get the game.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I do. Some others are floating around as well.
I'm usually down to play either game whenever anyone else wants to, just leave a message here.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Or unless you think they look tight as HELL.

:phone:
It's still quite amusing that when the hidden stats are taken into the account, the Wood tires are the best tires to use, followed by the Roller tires. Sadly, they're not known for their land speed, but their sea and air speed make up for it.

Gatlin

Some of us are playing at the moment if you would like to join BSP/Coolwhip.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm on a slight hiatus on playing MKW due to a broken router.
I'm using another WiFi connection which if out-of-reach from my Wii.

I'm not sure if I already said that but just in case, I will not be playing until further notice. :(

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Aren't Slick and Gold Tires pretty much the same in stats? I didn't notice any difference between the two.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Yeah, I noticed that two. I also noticed that Handling really matters on the ice tracks, but there are like two of them I believe. (DK Pass and Rosalina's Ice World) Still, having some Handling helps.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
No, Slick are better.
However, both the Gold Tires, and the Slick tires, don't excel very well underwater though. That's where the Roller and Wood tires strongly excel at.

In fact, I once heard that someone made a world record at Wario Shipyard with the Yoshi + Egg 1 + Wood combo; you get the fastest possible sea speed, along with strong sea handling (strangely, the Wood tires offer the strongest sea handling, beating the Roller and Slim tires), but the mini-turbo does seem to take a drop.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I never really liked Rollers, since I use a Feather class, and I really don't need my Weight going down any more than it has to be.
So Wood tires seem to be the better match.

Also, is it me, or does the Drift hidden stat affects drift speed and how fast you are able to build up drift sparks? I'm pretty positive on the drift speed part, more or less.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I never really liked Rollers, since I use a Feather class, and I really don't need my Weight going down any more than it has to be.
So Wood tires seem to be the better match.
The price for high acceleration is low weight. But you don't want to be using a combo that's very heavy in a GP race, because that also means that your acceleration will take a nose dive.

The Cruiser types may not offer the strongest acceleration (at best, 4), but at least their weight, at worst, can only go down to 2.25.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Well, of course. I never really liked trading off Speed for lackluster Accel anyways. However, Rollers are a terrible choice for a Feather char, since they are already light enough already.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
However, both the Gold Tires, and the Slick tires, don't excel very well underwater though. That's where the Roller and Wood tires strongly excel at.

You dont need Accel in TTs.

In fact, I once heard that someone made a world record at Wario Shipyard with the Yoshi + Egg 1 + Wood combo; you get the fastest possible sea speed, along with strong sea handling (strangely, the Wood tires offer the strongest sea handling, beating the Roller and Slim tires), but the mini-turbo does seem to take a drop.
That was me who said that, and due to the fact that you also go Swooper, the MT only drops by -0.25 overall, which is a fair trade for the extra land speed. Handling doesnt even do anything as the stability and drift make up for all the corners underwater.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
True, but based on the hidden stats, the weak accelerators are very bad underwater.

That was me who said that, and due to the fact that you also go Swooper, the MT only drops by -0.25 overall, which is a fair trade for the extra land speed. Handling doesnt even do anything as the stability and drift make up for all the corners underwater.
I thought the Swooper boosts mini-turbo (+0.25) and hinders drift (-0.25). It also has the exact same boosts as the Paraglider, so there has to be a reason why the Swooper was used over the Paraglider.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
True, but based on the hidden stats, the weak accelerators are very bad underwater.
Which is why you go Light/Egg 1/Wood/Swooper in the underwater courses.

I thought the Swooper boosts mini-turbo (+0.25) and hinders drift (-0.25). It also has the exact same boosts as the Paraglider, so there has to be a reason why the Swooper was used over the Paraglider.
It does, but due to both Egg 1 and Wood increasing drift (especially Wood) the small minus there does practically nothing. Also, Swooper and Paraglider are interchangeable, I just like the Swooper better so I use that.

Gatlin

Is this tourney gonna happen?
The last I heard from Peachy was that he was unsure if it was or not due to the low amount of participation. Pretty sure there were 6? signups, and 2 of them are unable to make it. So I mean, a 4-person tourney is kinda :|

Need to wait for more people to get the game, or have more free-time I guess.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233

OK, what does TT and MT mean? I have seen you use these terms before, but I never really understood their meaning.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Which is why you go Light/Egg 1/Wood/Swooper in the underwater courses.

It does, but due to both Egg 1 and Wood increasing drift (especially Wood) the small minus there does practically nothing. Also, Swooper and Paraglider are interchangeable, I just like the Swooper better so I use that.
I can pretty much see why Wood is used over Roller, since Wood has better sea handling and drifting, and is slightly faster. Roller only beats Wood at the mini-turbo stat.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Roller also wins in terms of Land handling, and slightly better Accel. It gains MT while losing Drift, but Wood is the opposite. All in all, they're both good parts. Its just that certain weight classes cannot use certain parts to their fullest potential due to the negative traits of each part severely weakening the character's current kart set-up.

For example, Shy Guy/Cloud 9/Roller/Parafoil(Paraglider, I call it foil, despite having a US copy)

This customization makes the kart TOO light with a weight of only .75. Pretty much, anything can shove you out of the way with little effort, which in turn, screws you over sometimes during critical moments.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
First off, I want to say a huge apology to everyone. I'm sorry for not making it and then not saying anything about it... My hands were tied (not literally, but you know what I mean), and I was very busy... We can schedule this for next week however, if people are still interested.

Also, it was like Gatlin said, there was only like 3 people, so I don't think the tourney would be very fun for you guys. :( Once again, sorry for not saying anything.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I suggest just trying to do some friendlies until the whole tourney population becomes larger. You could try hosting the friendlies in a tourney type of format though just to give the system a test run.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
sw96, check to see if you gave the right FC, because every time I tried adding your FC, it kept on saying it was invalid.

But my code is: 1590-5236-9299

Top Bottom