• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe SWF Mario Kart Events Thread [Definite Return for Mario Kart 8 :)]

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
thats the code
ill add you too and ill check.

yup thats my code.And WTF ween i was trying too adding you it saids its wrong wtf.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I agree, give people til the 22nd.
It will probally bring more sign ups.
Btw peachy(not to argue) but why are we using a different community?

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
thats the code
ill add you too and ill check.

yup thats my code.And WTF ween i was trying too adding you it saids its wrong wtf.
Huh, that's odd. Maybe something's wrong on Nintendo's end? Maybe maintenance work?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Roller also wins in terms of Land handling, and slightly better Accel. It gains MT while losing Drift, but Wood is the opposite. All in all, they're both good parts. Its just that certain weight classes cannot use certain parts to their fullest potential due to the negative traits of each part severely weakening the character's current kart set-up.

For example, Shy Guy/Cloud 9/Roller/Parafoil(Paraglider, I call it foil, despite having a US copy)

This customization makes the kart TOO light with a weight of only .75. Pretty much, anything can shove you out of the way with little effort, which in turn, screws you over sometimes during critical moments.
Making your combo is only half the battle. Knowing how to use it effectively is the second challenge. Sometimes, you just have to take the bad with the good.

Sadly, no combo can give you 5.5 acceleration without having 0.75 weight; Birthday Girl, Egg 1, and Bumble V, all hinder weight.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Whenever I think of Rosalina in Mario Kart, I don't exactly vision her being a fast racer, but more a racer who is mostly about acceleration and handling. At least, that's how I picture her anyway.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I picture her as fast, she is the coolest princess after all :awesome:
At least she's in the Cruiser class, so in a way, your vision is able to stay strong.

It is a shame that at best, Cruiser characters can only have an acceleration stat of "4", but at least their weight makes them a bit harder to push around. Additionally, thanks to the Roller tires, pretty much everyone can have a handling stat of "5", while the lighter characters can get "5.25" and "5.5".

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I never really liked the Cruiser class to much; I could never find a combo that works well. Which is a shame, since I actually like Rosalina . . . Sad face.

But I could never really stand having such a low weight. I'm a pretty aggressive racer, and don't like getting shoved around and losing a race due to weight.

EDIT: Figured out a combo that worked well for me. Bruiser/Shroom/Parafoil. Had some pretty good results with it. Maybe I'll give the Cruiser class a 2nd chance.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm not able to test out any combos yet, but I have at least found a combo that might work well for the Heavy class...

Bumble V + Wood + Paraglider

Balanced in-game stats, along with manageable hidden stats.

[collapse=Combo Stats]Bowser + Bumble V + Wood + Paraglider
Wario + Bumble V + Wood + Paraglider
Metal Mario + Bumble V + Wood + Paraglider
Queen Bee + Bumble V + Wood + Paraglider

Speed: 3.5
Acceleration: 3.25
Weight: 3.25
Handling: 3.25
Off-Road: 3.75

Sea Speed: 3.5
Air Speed: 4
Sea Handling: 4.5
Air Handling: 4
Mini-Turbo: 3
Stability: 2.75
Drift: 3.25[/collapse]

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Koopa clown needs more love, just look at this speed and mini turbo while maintaining handling and drift using: Rosalina-Koopa clown-slick-swooper

I don't really care about sea speed.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
For those who don't know, the image that brickbox showed came from my recently updated PHP script. Now, my PHP script includes the hidden stats, so you can experiment with your combos even further. However, at the moment, I'm not sure if the hidden stats are completely accurate; hidden stats did come from the following image.

[collapse=Stats]

Note: The Gold Standard's off-road is slightly off. It is exactly the same as the Birthday Girl's off-road.[/collapse]

Anyway, I too seemed to have underestimated the Koopa Clown, since when it's paired with the Roller tires, you can get very strong handling and mini-turbo, while getting some extra acceleration. It is flawed, in terms of weight, however.

[collapse=Combo Stats]Feather + Koopa Clown + Roller + Super Glider

Speed: 2.25
Acceleration: 4.5
Weight: 1.25
Handling: 5.5
Off-Road: 2.5
Sea Speed: 4
Sea Handling: 4
Air Speed: 5
Air Handling: 3.5
Drift: 3.25
Mini-Turbo: 5.25

Feather + Koopa Clown + Roller + Paraglider

Speed: 2.25
Acceleration: 4.75
Weight: 1
Off-Road: 2.5
Air Speed: 3.5
Air Handling: 4.5
Drift: 3
Mini-Turbo: 5.5

Light + Koopa Clown + Roller + Super Glider

Speed: 2.5
Acceleration: 4
Weight: 1.75
Off-Road: 2.25
Air Speed: 5
Air Handling: 3.5
Drift: 2.25
Mini-Turbo: 5

Light + Koopa Clown + Roller + Paraglider

Speed: 2.5
Acceleration: 4.25
Weight: 1.5
Off-Road: 2.25
Air Speed: 3.5
Air Handling: 4.5
Drift: 2
Mini-Turbo: 5.25
Stability: 2.75[/collapse]

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
@Mario and sonic guy
Compare your stats to the wiki
It's seems pretty accurate
http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_7#Stat_Boosts

Im not sure if the beast glider has that much extra air speed.(I do think it has more than the wiki shows[wiki shows no +air speed iirc])

and lol 2.5 speed just isn't fast enough for me, koopa clown is good with slick because speed+weight

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The wiki stats are correct atm. And no, Beast glider has the same air speed as Super/Gold. It was THOUGHT to be faster, but turns out it really isnt :p

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
No its not. Just for fun, build a high stability kart and see how easily you can drift through the underwater pipe in Koopa Cape, youll be surprised how much control you have.

I will admit though, it is generally not very helpful, it only has a handful of stages where it really helps.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@brickbox: There are probably still some ups and downs with the hidden stats though.

At one point, Cact-X was stated to have -0.75 sea speed, when it was actually +0.5. Also, someone erroneously stated that its off-road was -0.25, when it really was +0.25.

The Gold Standard doesn't offer any stability boosts, so 2.75 is the best possible stability stat; it also only offers +0.25 speed and -0.25 off-road, compared to the originally thought +0.5 speed and -0.5 off-road.

The Beast Glider was thought to boost air speed by +0.25, but it really has the same stats as the Super Glider and Gold Glider.

Simply put, the best possible stat is 5.5 (2.75 for Stability), while the worst possible stat is 0.75 (1.75 for Speed).

and lol 2.5 speed just isn't fast enough for me, koopa clown is good with slick because speed+weight
While it's true that the Roller tires don't offer the best speed for the Koopa Clown, it would still grant it the strongest possible handling and mini-turbo stats, along with giving it good sea speed and good sea handling. In fact, you could kill three birds with one stone if you're using the Peach Parasol or Flower Glider; 5.5 handling; 5.5 air handling; 5.5 mini-turbo. Still, an air speed of 5, and an air handling of 3.5, can still be manageable; you're also giving yourself more weight and some extra drifting strength.

Alternatively, you could go with the Wood tires, but your handling won't be as strong, and you'd lose the mini-turbo benefit. On the flipside, the drifting would almost be maxed out, you're given slightly better speed and weight, off-road isn't hindered as much, and you're getting even better sea handling as well.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
The Blunt-mobile (Or the Koopa Clown) is indeed a good part.

I'm just disappointed at how Beast Glider does nothing, which is a huge let down for being the last part to unlock.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The best kart body appears to be the Cloud 9, based on its stat total, as it can offer the best sea handling (tied with the Tiny Tug), while also offering one of the best air speed stats.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
What you dont seems to understand is that the only 2 stats that REALLY matter are Speed and Accel. Any other stat is literally just preference. You can have the lowest handling possible and still do fine on stages like Neo Bowser City or DK Pass. You can have terrible Off-Road and do fine at Kalamari Desert or Rosalina's Ice World. All you have to do is realize that you need to practice the stages and get over the learning curve when you back off on the handling and such. Learn when to start turns, practice your lines, etc, and any kart will work, but you NEED the Speed and Accel to stay ahead/keep up, and to recover from getting hit (no matter how good you are or how hard you try to avoid it, you WILL get hit).

Basically what Im saying is, you're overplaying how good the pieces are just cuz they have high stats. The good pieces have high stats IN THE IMPORTANT AREAS. Handling, Off-Road, etc, are all just luxuries. Build Speed/Accel, learn to use the kart, and thats the best option available. The only reason anyone would ever want to add in those other stats would be if they want to have a kart they can excel in without putting any work into using it. Those are the karts that are easy to use, but dont give you that 'Funky Kong mode' which lets you get and keep leads. The karts that WILL give you that Funky Kong mode in this game, you need to practice in, cuz they are harder to use. There arent any Flame Runners or Mach Bikes this time around, the good karts actually take practice to use. Take the time to learn in the good karts or go easy mode for less reward, your choice.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Damn right Soda Jet is good.

Ive joined a random room multiple times and ended up in a room with all 10k-20k+ people, and 6 or more are in the Soda Jet.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Haha nice.

It's because it adds to both speed and accel. Then you just get a weight class that covers one and wheels for the other (feather and slick or heavy and roller or something)

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
What you dont seems to understand is that the only 2 stats that REALLY matter are Speed and Accel. Any other stat is literally just preference. You can have the lowest handling possible and still do fine on stages like Neo Bowser City or DK Pass. You can have terrible Off-Road and do fine at Kalamari Desert or Rosalina's Ice World. All you have to do is realize that you need to practice the stages and get over the learning curve when you back off on the handling and such. Learn when to start turns, practice your lines, etc, and any kart will work, but you NEED the Speed and Accel to stay ahead/keep up, and to recover from getting hit (no matter how good you are or how hard you try to avoid it, you WILL get hit).

Basically what Im saying is, you're overplaying how good the pieces are just cuz they have high stats. The good pieces have high stats IN THE IMPORTANT AREAS. Handling, Off-Road, etc, are all just luxuries. Build Speed/Accel, learn to use the kart, and thats the best option available. The only reason anyone would ever want to add in those other stats would be if they want to have a kart they can excel in without putting any work into using it. Those are the karts that are easy to use, but dont give you that 'Funky Kong mode' which lets you get and keep leads. The karts that WILL give you that Funky Kong mode in this game, you need to practice in, cuz they are harder to use. There arent any Flame Runners or Mach Bikes this time around, the good karts actually take practice to use. Take the time to learn in the good karts or go easy mode for less reward, your choice.
Well said. I always tell my friend that Speed and Accel are important, but he always goes for Handling, even when I tell him that you can compensate for it through skill. Right now, I'm still experimenting with the parts. So many combinations to pick and choose from, its just great.

I just wish that you could switch karts in between matches online though. I know it is for the sake of keeping things going, but I believe that every 4-6 matches, they should give you the option to switch your karts out.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
MT is an easy 3rd, arguably even more important than Accel (although in this game I think Accel > MT), but yeah, I forgot about that stat lol.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Unfortunately, a combo that's very fast on land can easily be very slow while underwater. But like you said, you have to work hard to offset those weaknesses.

It is funny how the slower combos typically excel better at more areas than the speedsters.

I may not own the game yet, but at least I'm getting an idea on what pros and cons each combo will have. For one thing, weight is only a factor in collisions; if you're not in a collision battle, weight becomes much less important.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Collision battles don't even happen really. And when they do, it's nothing deep.

Off the top of my head, SNES RR is the only map where weight might be important, but other than that, it's just one of those "convenience" stats similar to handling and off-road. Not really important, but are just nice gimmicks.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Neo Bowser, DK Pass, Music Park, Rainbow Road, Maple Treeway, and Dino Dino all come to mind as well when you talk about Weight.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
SNES Rainbow Road is such a mean place for lightweights. And people behind bananas.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I love SNES Rainbow Road, its one of my fav courses, and I have a Weight stat of 2.5-3 most of the time lol.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
From what I read on the previous comments stated, we'll do the MK7 tourney next week. We can still do some friendlies on Sunday though, if anyone's up for it.

Top Bottom