• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF GYM:(Injuries abound XD)

Have you worked out today?

• Yes!

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • I will right now.

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
K guys

help a man out

I need a basic workout for abs and chest. What should I do?
The ab workout on the OP will get you a 6 pack. As for chest, pushups and benchpressing is where its at. I usually like to focus my Mondays on chest and triceps, Wednesdays on Back and Biceps, and Fridays on Leg/Shoulders, with ab workouts 6 days a week as described by the OP.

lol, well I ***** the stereotype, I'm a ladies man with an attitude who loves playing sports and still rock smash. not generally this "cocky" and I don't intend to really be cocky, but I intend to use this as I can't remember the last time i've done something physical for more than half an hour.

Heres mah photo. number 1
numba 2
Number 3, that's what i look like with clothes on anyways I wish to become more healthy and more fit, so I'm going to start running stairs with ankle weights and possibly a backpack filled with water, also going to start doing shuttle runs,

Just a friendly tip and reminder the BEST way to burn fat is to get up and go running before you eat breakfast, that way your body will not have time to break down your muscle and thus will have to use your Reserves of fat to fuel itself.

Best excersize to do to burn fat minazwel be called death. Run as Fast and as hard as you can for a minuet, then let yourself slow down and rest for 15-30 seconds then repeat the process till you basically get too dizzy to go on, or you puke. this guys is the fastest way to get into shape. Eat almost directly after doing this so that when your body slows down it doens't go for your muscle tissue. Think of it like this, your fat is like hot dogs, whereas your muscle tissue is like Prime rib right out of the oven, what do you think your body would rather "eat"? This is why you do it before breakfast because you want to burn fat, not the food in your stomach, you keep a really fast paced motion up so that your body cannot breakdown the muscle in time to actually use it for energy/fuel/food.

Any Q's about this lemme know.
Good to have you on board. I'll asterisk your name. :)

I'm hitting that phase where my body is telling me it doesn't want to grow anymore. ****
I suggest switching up your exercises for similar ones with rather different motions. What exercises do you usually do?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481

Just a friendly tip and reminder the BEST way to burn fat is to get up and go running before you eat breakfast, that way your body will not have time to break down your muscle and thus will have to use your Reserves of fat to fuel itself.

Best excersize to do to burn fat minazwel be called death. Run as Fast and as hard as you can for a minuet, then let yourself slow down and rest for 15-30 seconds then repeat the process till you basically get too dizzy to go on, or you puke. this guys is the fastest way to get into shape. Eat almost directly after doing this so that when your body slows down it doens't go for your muscle tissue. Think of it like this, your fat is like hot dogs, whereas your muscle tissue is like Prime rib right out of the oven, what do you think your body would rather "eat"? This is why you do it before breakfast because you want to burn fat, not the food in your stomach, you keep a really fast paced motion up so that your body cannot breakdown the muscle in time to actually use it for energy/fuel/food.

Any Q's about this lemme know.
I'll try to do that. How long should I run for?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Uhh I'd go as long as you can, if you want a time though just go until it feels uncomfortable then a few minuets longer.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Hahahaha. it really does work, I HATE doing it, only do it like 4 times a month, during 1 week. I'd rather just do workouts 1 day a week and play sports whenever I get a chance :)

GOD!

Smash Ace
To the guy with the cherry as your avatar: is that really a good workout? You're just screwing your body over.
I'm really not trying to troll, but if you are thin that doesn't mean you're in shape. Running in the morning is only good if you eat right after you finish the run. Honestly you shouldn't be telling people these things, especially if they are like, "I'm not in shape, what do I do?" If you aren't in shape, start running by yourself regularly (two or three hours after a meal).
If you want to burn fat, lift twice a week and sleep a lot. Once you get muscles you'll burn more fat because your resting metabolism will increase.

I mean do you even lift or what? And exercise until you are dizzy or throw up is the dumbest advice in the world. Some stupid high school coach says it and then everybody swears by it. Push your body to discomfort and past, but you shouldn't throw up after a run.

I'm hitting that phase where my body is telling me it doesn't want to grow anymore. ****
If you're talking about your muscles, then switch around your exercises. I did almost nothing for my chest except bench for like a year and my max went up ten pounds. Then I did dumbbell benches, flies, isometric chest stuff, and my bench went up ten pounds in a little over a month.

It's called muscle confusion and its the latest exercise "trend." But it works really really well and you'll grow like a weed if you eat and sleep enough.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
The ab workout on the OP will get you a 6 pack. As for chest, pushups and benchpressing is where its at. I usually like to focus my Mondays on chest and triceps, Wednesdays on Back and Biceps, and Fridays on Leg/Shoulders, with ab workouts 6 days a week as described by the OP.
For biceps/back/legs/shoulders, are there any excersizes i can do without machines or weights

poor jungle is poor.

GOD!

Smash Ace
For biceps/back/legs/shoulders, are there any excersizes i can do without machines or weights

poor jungle is poor.
Legs - wall sits. Keep your legs 90 degrees and push through your heels.
Shoulders - wall handstands. Get in push-up position against a wall (feet next to the wall) and walk your feet up until you are in an almost vertical handstand position. And hold it.
Biceps/back - is there any way for you to do chin-ups/pull-ups?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
To the guy with the cherry as your avatar: is that really a good workout? You're just screwing your body over.
I'm really not trying to troll, but if you are thin that doesn't mean you're in shape. Running in the morning is only good if you eat right after you finish the run. Honestly you shouldn't be telling people these things, especially if they are like, "I'm not in shape, what do I do?" If you aren't in shape, start running by yourself regularly (two or three hours after a meal).
If you want to burn fat, lift twice a week and sleep a lot. Once you get muscles you'll burn more fat because your resting metabolism will increase.

I mean do you even lift or what? And exercise until you are dizzy or throw up is the dumbest advice in the world. Some stupid high school coach says it and then everybody swears by it. Push your body to discomfort and past, but you shouldn't throw up after a run.
No I don't lift, I just keep myself toned with push-ups, ab coaster, jogs and sports. I never told them to puke, run until you pretty much puke/can't run anymore. and if you look at my post it says "run until your feel uncomfortable then 10 mins longer"

I was thinking that today, if you are over weight then don't push yourself too much, baby steps, then when you get more in shape you can try this. I personally hate it, I'd rather go on a long jog and then rest then run stairs for a bit.

but it is said to be the best way to burn off fat, as I said. run before you eat, eating right after will make it so that you don't burn as much muscle after your run.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion

poor jungle is poor.
In addition to what GOD! said, box jumps are also great for your legs. Basically, find a box or something that will support a lot of weight... and jump onto it and land lightly on your feet... then jump back down.

Shoulders... pullups are a godsend... do it.

For biceps, chinups and pushups are great.

For back... plank.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
K, I'm getting over being sick. I worked-out Friday, and I'll be making up the lost two weeks starting Monday.

Yaaaaaaaaaaay.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
any tips on pec building exercises? My uperbody is looking good, but my pecs cld be bigger, any suggestions?? oh and free weight exercises, like no weights.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
uhh, push ups with your hands close together work, make you dizztyy and I dun like how they make my shoulders feel. but there is a suggestion...

can't think of anything else right now though

TigerWoods

Smash Champion

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
any tips on pec building exercises? My uperbody is looking good, but my pecs cld be bigger, any suggestions?? oh and free weight exercises, like no weights.
Free weights means dumbells/barbells just btw. If you don't want to use weights just do push-up with your arms shoulder-width apart. The farther your hands are apart, the more pecs you use and vice versa for triceps.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wow I just noticed Im able to do things for longer now. Whenever I run laps I can run a full lap and a half before I get gassed out... which was better than one fourth and Im already gassed out

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Your pursuits are all admirable, but if you do not wear this performance-enhancing hat you will not achieve the results you are desiring.

I was given enough for everyone.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I too have had exponential growth in my athletic activities due to this glorious and very fashionable hat.

I suggest them for all.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ever since this little hat went on me, Ive felt a sudden increase in arm strength. Feels like Ive taken steroids, except without the side effect and this gracious highness.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
@Ozz: Welcome! If you have any questions ask away. There is no such thing a stupid question(not really...)

@Roach: Glad to see you're improving.

Your pursuits are all admirable, but if you do not wear this performance-enhancing hat you will not achieve the results you are desiring.

I was given enough for everyone.
I want the hat...

Omis

my friends were skinny
I need to get a workout routine started soon. Marching season is ending in about a month and without it I dont do anything physical. Aka I need to simulate running around a football field with sixty pounds of my shoulders, Any tips?

Fourteen year old male
5' 6"
115 pounds

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Yo this is my abs progess pic after just over a month.

What you think?

I need a gym for the rest though lol.

Id probably do better with one of those hats though.....

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Cheers man!

Once I have money for a gym I can bulk the rest of me up!

I really just need bigger pecs and arms/shoulders and ill really start looking the part!

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
I need to get a workout routine started soon. Marching season is ending in about a month and without it I dont do anything physical. Aka I need to simulate running around a football field with sixty pounds of my shoulders, Any tips?

Fourteen year old male
5' 6"
115 pounds
I suggest doing the push-up exercise and ab routine on the op. To keep yourself active, try doing 15-20 minutes of cardio a day(running, swimming, biking, etc).

If you want to build up muscles similar to your marching, do farmers walks. You basically hold 2 weights up and... walk and then put them down.

Watch your form on all of these exercises... quality is BETTER than quantity. Let me know if you have more questions or I was too vague.

Yo this is my abs progess pic after just over a month.

What you think?

I need a gym for the rest though lol.

Id probably do better with one of those hats though.....
*High freaking 5

You are looking great! Good job! I can now make the ultimate social group.

man,.....i be slackin'...**** you COLLEGE!!! it's too hard to get in perfect shape.
I... understand you completely.

During test weeks and nights before papers are due, I run on no sleep and occasionally eats into my exercise routines. Try your hardest though! Plan your day to the last second! lol

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I decided to stop drinking pop recently. Best. Idea. Ever.
Ive been getting less headaches now that i think about it and ive been more awake since ive been substituting pop with juice (and i still drink milk and water a lot, also.)

And, once my sister finishes her field hockey season, I have to drive her and her friend to the gym after school a few times a week, so im joining them in their workouts.

Healer

Smash Apprentice
i'm underweight (which is fine by me) 100lb 5'3.5 with body fat percent of 7.6. First question is that good?
Okay well I exercise monday through friday, stuff like pullups (5 sets of 5 or 6) crunches (3 of 25), planks(3 of 1min), legraises(3 of 20.) I also do pushups (10sets of 10 or 12) and some windsprints. Thats pretty much my workout routine which i started two months ago, and now i'm more defined, i guess and i'm pretty sure i gained some muscle. Unfortunately because of surgery i can't exercise for 3 weeks. But I just want to know if what i'm doing as in exercises are fine, and when i get back into it if there is anything else i should do.
EDIT: is there ANY bodyweight no equipment (xcept resistance bands) exercises i can do for my forearms and shoulders

Denzi

Smash Master
Hey folks. I'm a high school Cross Country runner who only has a week of practice before my season is over (my school's varsity runners are going to states though). I'm basically considering this thread as a tool to help me stay in shape over the winter/spring (xc starts up again at the start of summer). I'm not exactly sure what to do, so I'll start with my current weekly schedule and try to go from there.

Monday - Speed workout, 3-4 miles. Often times increasing speed or decreasing rest intervals throughout (sometimes both). Push-ups afterward (120-150, sets of 20 or 25).

Tuesday - Flush run, 6.5-8 miles. Sprints, then core work after (15-18 minutes).

Wednesday - Speed work again, 3-5 miles. Hills a lot of the time. Push-ups (140-180, sets of 20 or 25).

Thursday - Flush run, 7-9 miles. Core work (18-25 mins)

Friday - Pre-race workout, 1.5-3 miles. Sprints after.

Saturday - Race (5k).

Sunday - Flush run (8 miles).

After the season closes out I'm probably going to drop my weekly mileage and ditch speed workouts, just sort of running to keep a solid base. I'm going to stick with the push-ups and ab/core workouts.

I'd also like to mention I'm a 16 year old male, who's 6'1" and weighs around 150lbs.

That's about it. Any tips or advice would be appreciated. See you guys around.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
i'm underweight (which is fine by me) 100lb 5'3.5 with body fat percent of 7.6. First question is that good?
Okay well I exercise monday through friday, stuff like pullups (5 sets of 5 or 6) crunches (3 of 25), planks(3 of 1min), legraises(3 of 20.) I also do pushups (10sets of 10 or 12) and some windsprints. Thats pretty much my workout routine which i started two months ago, and now i'm more defined, i guess and i'm pretty sure i gained some muscle. Unfortunately because of surgery i can't exercise for 3 weeks. But I just want to know if what i'm doing as in exercises are fine, and when i get back into it if there is anything else i should do.
EDIT: is there ANY bodyweight no equipment (xcept resistance bands) exercises i can do for my forearms and shoulders
Welcome!

From your description, you seem pretty healthy. Some people are just naturally born smaller/bigger than others, so you just may be naturally skinny. Your exercise routine seems pretty good, just watch your form.

As for your shoulders, just do more pushups and pullups. Try wide grip pullups, and raised pushups(put your legs on a bench or something while doing them).

I'm not too experienced with resistance bands, but I hear they are very effective when used correctly. I'll try and search around for a workout on it.

Edit: Hope this helps
http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/resistance-band-exercises.html

Hey folks. I'm a high school Cross Country runner who only has a week of practice before my season is over (my school's varsity runners are going to states though). I'm basically considering this thread as a tool to help me stay in shape over the winter/spring (xc starts up again at the start of summer). I'm not exactly sure what to do, so I'll start with my current weekly schedule and try to go from there.

Monday - Speed workout, 3-4 miles. Often times increasing speed or decreasing rest intervals throughout (sometimes both). Push-ups afterward (120-150, sets of 20 or 25).

Tuesday - Flush run, 6.5-8 miles. Sprints, then core work after (15-18 minutes).

Wednesday - Speed work again, 3-5 miles. Hills a lot of the time. Push-ups (140-180, sets of 20 or 25).

Thursday - Flush run, 7-9 miles. Core work (18-25 mins)

Friday - Pre-race workout, 1.5-3 miles. Sprints after.

Saturday - Race (5k).

Sunday - Flush run (8 miles).

After the season closes out I'm probably going to drop my weekly mileage and ditch speed workouts, just sort of running to keep a solid base. I'm going to stick with the push-ups and ab/core workouts.

I'd also like to mention I'm a 16 year old male, who's 6'1" and weighs around 150lbs.

That's about it. Any tips or advice would be appreciated. See you guys around.
Welcome!

You seem to have a healthy regiment already... there isn't much to critique. My only suggestion is to incorporate some pullups to build some upper body without getting to bulky; if you are like any of the cross country runners I know, you're pretty skinny. :laugh:

I've also found box jumps are great for practicing explosive running. If you don't know what that is, you just take a sturdy box(or whatever) and jump on it as lightly as possible, and jump back down.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
So, here is my delima.

First where I am now:
6'4'' 180 pounds give or take a few depending on the time of week

Now, I want to be in a bit more shape, however, my girlfriend really likes my slender shape as it is now. I plan to start running frequently. Can I run without fear of building massive muscle amounts, while still making my overall general health better? I don't want to gain muscle as to lose the form she likes so much, but I'd still like to take care of myself.

Denzi

Smash Master
Can I run without fear of building massive muscle amounts, while still making my overall general health better?
Short answer: Yes.

Running definitely isn't something to start up in order to build muscle, so you're good there. You do have to know what you're doing though. If you don't do the right stretches beforehand/afterward, or if you run with improper form, you risk injury. So just make sure you look into it a little more than "I'm going to go run." Other than that, you're fine.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Just because your on the SWF doesn't mean your a weakling I'm a wrestler (an ok one I win 3/4 of the time) and I play video games in my spare time it's a crammed lifestyle but it works for me.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
So, here is my delima.

First where I am now:
6'4'' 180 pounds give or take a few depending on the time of week

Now, I want to be in a bit more shape, however, my girlfriend really likes my slender shape as it is now. I plan to start running frequently. Can I run without fear of building massive muscle amounts, while still making my overall general health better? I don't want to gain muscle as to lose the form she likes so much, but I'd still like to take care of myself.
What Denzi said is true. Running doesn't "build" muscle, it just tones it. Well, technically you ARE building muscle, but it running wont bulk you up or anything.

I suggest swimming if you are in to slender shapes and nice looking muscle.

Short answer: Yes.

Running definitely isn't something to start up in order to build muscle, so you're good there. You do have to know what you're doing though. If you don't do the right stretches beforehand/afterward, or if you run with improper form, you risk injury. So just make sure you look into it a little more than "I'm going to go run." Other than that, you're fine.
Just because your on the SWF doesn't mean your a weakling I'm a wrestler (an ok one I win 3/4 of the time) and I play video games in my spare time it's a crammed lifestyle but it works for me.
Lol that is true. I used to wrestle myself a while ago... I quit because of the annoying weight limits.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
If you don't do the right stretches beforehand/afterward, or if you run with improper form, you risk injury. So just make sure you look into it a little more than "I'm going to go run." Other than that, you're fine.
"Improper form"? How bad can you deviate? It's just running.... >__>

Top Bottom