• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF GYM:(Injuries abound XD)

Have you worked out today?

• Yes!

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • I will right now.

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Sorry for interrupting but just wanted to say this is wrong advice. The easiest way to quit smoking is to simply go cold turkey. Just plain stop.

But yeah, if you think you'll find it too difficult, get yourself to a smoking cessation clinic. They provide the best help, advice and support and have the best quit rates.
There is not "easiest" advice for kicking addictions. It varies person to person.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
Rather than make vague accusations, it'd be more productive to correct misinformation. Do tell.

And hey guys, I remember reading these a bit ago and thought they were kinda informative.

Work-out tips:
http://zenhabits.net/2007/06/16-tips-to-triple-your-workout-effectiveness/

When to eat protein:
http://ezinearticles.com/?When-to-Eat-Protein&id=1311667
thanks for the links. i approve.

didnt know it was good to eat a lot of protein in the morning. already knew the working out thing. that's why everyone comes to the gym with protein shakes.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
ITT: Lots of advice given out by people who don't know what they're talking about.
Ok Mugen, feel free to correct any unproven advice I have given. I'm a premed major and I have consulted various professional trainers and medical journals. If you need sources from me don't hesitate to ask, I can give you a mountain.

So Screw You.

Alright here's my official before pic:

Ignore the stupid farmers tan.
Lol, you got some muscle growing on you. =D

thanks for the links. i approve.

didnt know it was good to eat a lot of protein in the morning. already knew the working out thing. that's why everyone comes to the gym with protein shakes.
Balanced diet is the key, and eating breakfast is a great idea. Your body metabolizes energy for the rest of your day in the morning. :)

shinobiknight0

Smash Apprentice
School's gym is finally open everyday afterschool. It has pretty much everything I need. I just finished doing chest and triceps today, and am going to try working on my core Monday.

shinobiknight0

Smash Apprentice
I've been to two different high schools and they both have their own weight rooms. They're free to use if there's a teacher/coach present.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I'm gonna post an abs progress pic soon enough maybe after 4-5 weeks(2 down now)

Still cracking on!

Its pretty scary how fast you can add decent definition to your abs!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I cant keep wotkihg out anymore. My parents saw me on the floor and theyre like what are you doing? Working out. No your not youre playing on the floor like a ******. They made me stop it and check on me every day to see if Im working out.... my parents are some really weird folks......

Also I might do it secretlt somehow but just one thing. Could you help me? Its hard to do it when no coach is present because he/she makes me do it and not let me get distracted by tv or something. Any advise on how to motivate myself. I think of the rewards but I cant still find motovation to do it myself without someone else to coach me

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
I'm gonna post an abs progress pic soon enough maybe after 4-5 weeks(2 down now)

Still cracking on!

Its pretty scary how fast you can add decent definition to your abs!
Hehe, results are explosive at first, then you hit that plateau... But there is a cure for that. ;)

If you guys don't feel "the burn" anymore, let me know and I'll change it up a bit.

Until then, keep ripping! :chuckle:

I cant keep wotkihg out anymore. My parents saw me on the floor and theyre like what are you doing? Working out. No your not youre playing on the floor like a ******. They made me stop it and check on me every day to see if Im working out.... my parents are some really weird folks......
:crazy::alien::skull::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::skull::alien::crazy:

Chaco

Never Logs In

Also I might do it secretlt somehow but just one thing. Could you help me? Its hard to do it when no coach is present because he/she makes me do it and not let me get distracted by tv or something. Any advise on how to motivate myself. I think of the rewards but I cant still find motovation to do it myself without someone else to coach me
Why do they think you're ********? Are you doing the workouts wrong?

Then, self-motivation is key in a workout plan. If this doesn't work for you. Find a workout buddy. And go places with him to workout. Doesn't necessarily need to be a gym. Maybe each other's houses to get started. Anything will do.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Why do they think you're ********? Are you doing the workouts wrong?

Then, self-motivation is key in a workout plan. If this doesn't work for you. Find a workout buddy. And go places with him to workout. Doesn't necessarily need to be a gym. Maybe each other's houses to get started. Anything will do.
@ Roach, I really don't understand your first paragraph. I'm still confused....

Anyway Chaco speaks truth. Make someone who you run into regularly check up on you. What I do is I write out an itinerary for each day and make it a point to get my workouts in. You can also join a sport or program. I play various sports(and college lacrosse) and they MAKE me workout. :urg:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Gah. :/ Missed a few days because of an out of state tourney. I am back on the ball. :D

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
And I'm suddenly hit by a really bad cough thing. I went to the gym today regardless, which in hindsight was probably an awful idea, but I'll keep in bed the rest of tonight and maybe take the entire day off tomorrow.

Hopefully lots of water and Gatorade + sleep makes me good again, and soon. I was making such great progress. :ohwell:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
@Twoods. Im also confused... they just think Im ******** for working out like that. I think they think Im just using that as an excuse to play on the floor or something. Anyways I xant find a friend thatll help me... my life is weird

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
And I'm suddenly hit by a really bad cough thing. I went to the gym today regardless, which in hindsight was probably an awful idea, but I'll keep in bed the rest of tonight and maybe take the entire day off tomorrow.

Hopefully lots of water and Gatorade + sleep makes me good again, and soon. I was making such great progress. :ohwell:
You must recover! Don't force yourself to workout sick Meno, its counter productive. Plus, your getting all those faithful gym-goers sick. :mad:

I know it hampers down your progress, but it'll be ok. ;)

I want to join :D My friend Sinz told me about this and so I decided I want to join.
Goody :). Let me know if you have any questions. I can also write up workouts for you if you wish. :bee:

@Twoods. Im also confused... they just think Im ******** for working out like that. I think they think Im just using that as an excuse to play on the floor or something. Anyways I xant find a friend thatll help me... my life is weird
Yeah I suggest finding a buddy. :)

shinobiknight0

Smash Apprentice
Blasted those biceps today with 21's(7 reps full rotation, 7 half rotation, and 7 of the other half) with reverse barbell bicep curls, hammer curls, and regular bicep curls. I don't know if its an effective method but I'm still feeling the burn two hours after.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Blasted those biceps today with 21's(7 reps full rotation, 7 half rotation, and 7 of the other half) with reverse barbell bicep curls, hammer curls, and regular bicep curls. I don't know if its an effective method but I'm still feeling the burn two hours after.
21's are amazing if you can handle it. Be careful not to neglect your other muscles though, since these are bi-cep specific exercises!

If you're advanced, use the scoobyworkshop arm-ripper workout. It rips your arms...Great results though. Only do it ONCE a month.

Note: DO NOT do the above workout(armripper) if you're new, or have been exercising for less than 2 years. It WILL murder you in your sleep. :scared:

shinobiknight0

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna give that arm workout a try next week, the forced negative thing for bicep curls looks interesting. It looks like it hurts though with all his grunting and screaming.

My biceps are also the smallest muscle on my arm, my triceps are actually a lot bigger.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
I'm gonna give that arm workout a try next week, the forced negative thing for bicep curls looks interesting. It looks like it hurts though with all his grunting and screaming.

My biceps are also the smallest muscle on my arm, my triceps are actually a lot bigger.
If you are just starting, and young, I strongly suggest you don't do the whole 5 sets. Start with one... maybe do two sets next month.

It's an advanced workout... I don't want to be responsible for killing anyone! :)

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
We had a running test today in P.E. where we had to run back and forth between two lines within a certain time limit, which was constantly decreasing.

I got 53 laps, pretty good score compared to the rest of my class. I was in the top 10 iirc.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Well umm, yah. Just an update thingy I guess.

I've been going to the gym a lot more recently and today I found myself actually enjoying it. Brought my iPod and kind of lost track of time and stuff. Couldn't stay long though since I had to get some toothpaste and get back to my house.

Well like about a week or 2 ago I went to a doctor though. I got weighed then for like 185 or something like that, and this was pretty early in the morning I think. Well weighed myself tonight which people say isn't the best time to weigh.. and found out I'm around 175 or 176 or something like that. Improvement?

My dieting habits have also been improving >.> though I kind of went wild this past weekend. Shouldn't have done that.. but the past is the past. Also drank a quick soda today but nothing really wrong with that as long as it's not an abundance...

So yah, updating thingy done. Fast progress I guess. Really am just aiming for 160 - 165 before I start focusing mainly on muscle work out too. If this keeps up I guess it shouldn't take too long.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So, I missed yesterday and today as well. ;( I am sick :( Is there any small work outs you can do while your sick without hurting yourself?

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Hey Tigerwoods thanks:) I would actually appreciate if you could start me out with a beginner exercise. Trying to tone my body :)
It would help if you told me your body situation/current level of activity(obese/fat/normal/skinny/anorexic). If you don't feel like stating here, you can pm me.

Well umm, yah. Just an update thingy I guess.

I've been going to the gym a lot more recently and today I found myself actually enjoying it. Brought my iPod and kind of lost track of time and stuff. Couldn't stay long though since I had to get some toothpaste and get back to my house.

Well like about a week or 2 ago I went to a doctor though. I got weighed then for like 185 or something like that, and this was pretty early in the morning I think. Well weighed myself tonight which people say isn't the best time to weigh.. and found out I'm around 175 or 176 or something like that. Improvement?

My dieting habits have also been improving >.> though I kind of went wild this past weekend. Shouldn't have done that.. but the past is the past. Also drank a quick soda today but nothing really wrong with that as long as it's not an abundance...

So yah, updating thingy done. Fast progress I guess. Really am just aiming for 160 - 165 before I start focusing mainly on muscle work out too. If this keeps up I guess it shouldn't take too long.
Keep it up :)

Don't expect it to roll super fast though, although it will come. At some point you will start developing muscle faster than you are loosing fat, which will make you temporarily fatter... But hey... You'll be on your way to a stud. ;)

So, I missed yesterday and today as well. ;( I am sick :( Is there any small work outs you can do while your sick without hurting yourself?
Pretty much just stretch and rest up. The only exercises that wouldn't negatively effect you if you're sick would be things like yoga etc.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Well good news.

I am on the far right. :)
After a week back into my routine I got a little bit better. :D

Pikaville

Hey there tiger.

I'm starting to see the abs come through,3 weeks has already done wonders!(Ill post a pic 2moro you wont believe the difference!)

The only problem is the bottom two seem to be more reluctant to tone.

You got any more lower ab exercises to sort it out?

I dont want a 4 pack like you said.

BTW Sinz the stomach is looking good!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
What I do for my lower abs(I don't know if this is right though.) Is I do 3 sets of 100 bicycle kicks. They are easy to do, and I think they help out. :D

Pikaville

Yeah Ive been doing the bicycle kicks but only 2 sets of 25.

I might double it and see what happens.

Cheers Sinz!(Jizzes in pants)

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
It would help if you told me your body situation/current level of activity(obese/fat/normal/skinny/anorexic). If you don't feel like stating here, you can pm me.
I weigh 140lbs. I'm 16 years old. I'm a normal body type. I'm just starting to get back to a healthy physical lifestyle. I like to longboard a lot though... I don't know if that counts for anything. I'll post a pic of myself soon :]

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
I weigh 140lbs. I'm 16 years old. I'm a normal body type. I'm just starting to get back to a healthy physical lifestyle. I like to longboard a lot though... I don't know if that counts for anything. I'll post a pic of myself soon :]
It is an activity. :laugh:

Ok since you are skinny lets get cracking.
If you have gym equipment, or have a gym membership let me know, however there is plenty you can do without them.

#1) I suggest you get in a good 20 minutes of cardio a day. Don't overdo it though.

#2) Follow this guide for pushups: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X72LtRcXR6g

#3) Do pullups! As many as you can until you start swinging back and forth. If you can't do pullups yet, use a chair to assist when you first start.

#4) Follow the abs workout under Tiger's Tips in the OP.

These are great to do if you don't have access to a gym, or you're stuck home. If you have any questions, please ask. You can also AIM stalk me at Krut Ebola.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
I'm back and although since I last posted (months) I've gained strength my gut remains...

However... I just recently started eating more vegetables/ground beef as opposed to excessive pasta and candy... (not a great diet, I never gained weight but couldn't lose it) Also, trying to alternate Cardio/weights every other day... My friend is training me at the gym and he KNOWS his s***. I'm 6'4 at about 171 now, still not much in the way of definition... I know its there I guess a healthy diet will reveal it.

Top Bottom