• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF GYM:(Injuries abound XD)

Have you worked out today?

• Yes!

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • I will right now.

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

Chaco

Never Logs In
Hey there tiger.

I'm starting to see the abs come through,3 weeks has already done wonders!(Ill post a pic 2moro you wont believe the difference!)

The only problem is the bottom two seem to be more reluctant to tone.

You got any more lower ab exercises to sort it out?

I dont want a 4 pack like you said.

BTW Sinz the stomach is looking good!
3 sets of leg lifts every other night til fail.

NullVortex

Smash Apprentice
Deep in the Middle of I-Suck-At-MeleeVille
So, update on me and my friend's 90 day competition. Pot is 560 dollars.

Day 15, and my 8 pack is just barely starting to show, which is pretty impressive I guess. Bi's, tri's, and pecs appear bigger and more defined from what I can tell. Probably didn't gain muscle mass yet though.

And, I've never been more sore in my life. Which is a good/bad thing. I really shouldn't be sore, but the vague soreness tells me it's working to an extent.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I woke up today with what im hoping isint swine flu.

I wont be exercising till im better.
I hate being sick...

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm writing this with my head still underneath the covers. Being sick is stupid.

Worst week ever.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm getting sick as well.

Is one of the symptoms starting out with extreme tiredness?

Pikaville

I'm not getting extreme tiredness.

But I am getting hot/cold flashes,muscle ache,very runny nose,excessive coughing,sore throat and a headache.

I just feel rotten all over.

shinobiknight0

Smash Apprentice
I'm okay so I pushed extra hard yesterday. I did my entire upper body today since I'm not gonna be at the gym until next Tuesday. I can now bench 115, which is pretty good since I couldn't bench the bar by itself 3 months back. I did my back and biceps, then chest and triceps.

I'll be feeling sore for a while.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Instead of doing ALL your upper body in one day, I'd mix it up.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Exactly.

Do it three days a week:

Monday: Back and biceps
Tuesday: Chest and triceps
Wednesday: Shoulders and traps

Thursday and friday: Cardio and legs? Also do sit ups every one of those days and run the mile throughout those 5 days.

Rest Sat and Sund. (Sit ups however, do them 6 times a week, meaning you start on mon and end on sat, resting the sunday)

shinobiknight0

Smash Apprentice
That's what I'd normally do but I'm not gonna be at the gym for four more days so I'd just do it all in one go. I usually give each group one workout and 2 days rest.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Depending on how much you're doing you might be minimizing your muscle growth with only two days. If you're doing a lot, I'd wait near 3-4.

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
Just need to post to remind myself to stay healthy!
I haven't been caring so much recently about a lot of the crap I eat. I need to get back on track. Go to the gym today for a little elliptical workout and then breakdance for an hour. But first, protein-filled breakfast(lol at noon), 3 small snacks of 200 calories total and then dinner at 5:45 pm (400 calories or so).
Then take my protein shake after breakdancing.

P.S. I had swine flu. I couldn't stand after the first few hours...if that gives you an idea or not of whether you have it. High fever, fatigue, you know the drill.

Pikaville

Ok im feeling a little better today.

Im still sick as hell though.My eyes feel like they are gonna explode.

I think I can do my exercise today though,ill have to see.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Just need to post to remind myself to stay healthy!
I haven't been caring so much recently about a lot of the crap I eat. I need to get back on track. Go to the gym today for a little elliptical workout and then breakdance for an hour. But first, protein-filled breakfast(lol at noon), 3 small snacks of 200 calories total and then dinner at 5:45 pm (400 calories or so).
Then take my protein shake after breakdancing.

P.S. I had swine flu. I couldn't stand after the first few hours...if that gives you an idea or not of whether you have it. High fever, fatigue, you know the drill.
*REMINDING!

Ok man will do.

BTW that cake you made looks amazing!
Lol, I didn't do much on it besides shape the butt.

Anyway guys... how are the workouts coming?

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
What would be a good diet for losing weight? I've been going balls out eating junk food lately. Need to stop! :]]
What healthy foods do you actually like? Don't follow any strict diet or count calories, just try and choose the healthier food when presented with a choice. Don't go overboard, but if your given the choice between a Caesar Salad and fries... you know what to do =D.

Stay away from SODA. This is a big one. If you must drink it, try to limit yourself or only drink it when your out with friends or something. Its ok to treat yourself to junk every once in awhile though.

Things I like:

Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
Caesar Salad
BLT's
Steak+Greenbeans
Broccoli and Cheese
Buttered Corn

Me too!

I just want to breathe again!
Flu season can go die. :mad:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I just got back from having bronchitis. It interrupted my 1 1/2 months of wroking out regularly. Getting back into the groove is hard.

I'm thinking of doing weightlifting 5 days a week, alternating between random leg and arm workouts. Doing ab workouts every day (basically it's a beginner version of the set described at the beginnning of the thread), with 20-30 mintues of cardio, and then swimming the other two days. Is that a good plan?

I'm not swimming til I'm sure I'm healthy though.

Not that I'm at college, reminding myself to eat is really annoying.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
I just got back from having bronchitis. It interrupted my 1 1/2 months of wroking out regularly. Getting back into the groove is hard.

I'm thinking of doing weightlifting 5 days a week, alternating between random leg and arm workouts. Doing ab workouts every day (basically it's a beginner version of the set described at the beginnning of the thread), with 20-30 mintues of cardio, and then swimming the other two days. Is that a good plan?

I'm not swimming til I'm sure I'm healthy though.

Not that I'm at college, reminding myself to eat is really annoying.
Sounds like a plan! Give yourself a rest day though.

Pikaville

Yeah I was just wondering about something.

I've been told swimming is a great work out for your whole body.

Would swimming a lot in conjunction with other exercise give faster/better results or does it even tone you faster or what?

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Yeah I was just wondering about something.

I've been told swimming is a great work out for your whole body.

Would swimming a lot in conjunction with other exercise give faster/better results or does it even tone you faster or what?
Swimming is a great exercise, especially if you have bad knees. Swimming is more tiring and not as accessible as running but it is a full body cardio workout. As for faster results, swimming DOES burn more calories.

I usually run since the pool is a bit out of the way... although I swim when I can. It's a lot of fun and a great workout. :)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Swimming is amazing. It's probably the best form of cardio you can do to lose weight.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Time to do my work outs. :D :D :D :D

I <3 being secksi.

Pikaville

Im gonna start swimming then..

Although I dont want to lose any weight really

I suppose if I stick to the diet it will be fine.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Im gonna start swimming then..

Although I dont want to lose any weight really

I suppose if I stick to the diet it will be fine.
Don't do it too often and it should be ok.

man the thread is dead. im sad. :(
I think its just because of the fall semester. Everyone is a bit busy... including myself.

I've been getting this huge appetite lately, is it related to working out? Or I'm just a fatty.
It could be related to you working out. Don't over eat, but don't go hungry either.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
K guys

help a man out

I need a basic workout for abs and chest. What should I do?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
lol, well I ***** the stereotype, I'm a ladies man with an attitude who loves playing sports and still rock smash. not generally this "cocky" and I don't intend to really be cocky, but I intend to use this as I can't remember the last time i've done something physical for more than half an hour.

Heres mah photo. number 1
numba 2
Number 3, that's what i look like with clothes on anyways I wish to become more healthy and more fit, so I'm going to start running stairs with ankle weights and possibly a backpack filled with water, also going to start doing shuttle runs,

Just a friendly tip and reminder the BEST way to burn fat is to get up and go running before you eat breakfast, that way your body will not have time to break down your muscle and thus will have to use your Reserves of fat to fuel itself.

Best excersize to do to burn fat minazwel be called death. Run as Fast and as hard as you can for a minuet, then let yourself slow down and rest for 15-30 seconds then repeat the process till you basically get too dizzy to go on, or you puke. this guys is the fastest way to get into shape. Eat almost directly after doing this so that when your body slows down it doens't go for your muscle tissue. Think of it like this, your fat is like hot dogs, whereas your muscle tissue is like Prime rib right out of the oven, what do you think your body would rather "eat"? This is why you do it before breakfast because you want to burn fat, not the food in your stomach, you keep a really fast paced motion up so that your body cannot breakdown the muscle in time to actually use it for energy/fuel/food.

Any Q's about this lemme know.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm hitting that phase where my body is telling me it doesn't want to grow anymore. ****

Top Bottom