• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF GYM:(Injuries abound XD)

Have you worked out today?

• Yes!

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • I will right now.

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
hey tiger, i dont think you ever gave me any ab workout suggestions. I checked the link that u were talking about but its a dud, wont connect. Is it the P90X Ab ripper workout??

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
This place is a pretty good idea. Us smashers need to stay healthy so we can kick some video game/real life butt.

I have to start working out again after a year of not playing soccer (which was heavy workouts for 2 summers. My summer of freshman year, i probably ran 1-2 miles a day just at practices as a warmup. Then we did running drills...ughh). Im kind of dreading it because i HATE running...but i need to run to get in shape because im interested in learning Kenpo.
I'll probably be coming here a bit more for some tips in the next few months.
Keep up the good work.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
This place is a pretty good idea. Us smashers need to stay healthy so we can kick some video game/real life butt.

I have to start working out again after a year of not playing soccer (which was heavy workouts for 2 summers. My summer of freshman year, i probably ran 1-2 miles a day just at practices as a warmup. Then we did running drills...ughh). Im kind of dreading it because i HATE running...but i need to run to get in shape because im interested in learning Kenpo.
I'll probably be coming here a bit more for some tips in the next few months.
Keep up the good work.
Thanks! Glad to have you on board.

I like this. :) I'm doing my push-ups right now.....
:chuckle: Welcome to you too. If you need anything, ask.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I have a sprained, or potentially chipped wrist, so I can't lift. **** it.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Blegh sorry twoods but I cant still start :'( **** YOU COLD!:mad: Im cold, cough too much, my nose is to sniifly, my chest hurts at the fact I did exercise today in PE and I almost feinted............ *punches his cold in the mouth* take that you *****!

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Blegh sorry twoods but I cant still start :'( **** YOU COLD!:mad: Im cold, cough too much, my nose is to sniifly, my chest hurts at the fact I did exercise today in PE and I almost feinted............ *punches his cold in the mouth* take that you *****!
Its all good dude. instead of posting everyday saying u cant workout, wait untill u start working out. Im not trying to be rude but we understand, u havent started yet:p

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Aww man Chaco that sucks.

Well I did my ab exercises again today.
Did a load of press-ups too.
The leg lifts are still killer though.
I need to find something to do pull ups on soon.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
noice. Ive yet to start my rigorus ab workout, ive still been doin my noraml ab stuff and pullups though. gotta feed the beast that is my body, arghhh! lol

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
I'm not gonna bother with abs. I only do it once a week because it won't even show until I get to like 10% BF.
Yeah true. Im at like 10 or so, so it shows. Itll still help get ur BF down by doing situps though. ;)

this is my after pic

lol, too much.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
I like this thread but 1 thing ive realized that i work out but not much has changed since i have asthma and i smoke heavily and i cant quit. I try and i literally go crazy and want to hurt someone. With this being said i cant jog nor do anything to impair my breathing thus no muscle is forming. halp!!

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm glad to see that there are other video gamers who like to play, but want to stay fit as well

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Tuna!

Tuna is the secret to loads of protein.

It has around 30g of protein per can.(The tuna itself is 130g when drained)

I ate 2 cans for lunch today.

I also had another with dinner.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
I like this thread but 1 thing ive realized that i work out but not much has changed since i have asthma and i smoke heavily and i cant quit. I try and i literally go crazy and want to hurt someone. With this being said i cant jog nor do anything to impair my breathing thus no muscle is forming. halp!!

then ur gonna have to do what you know needs to be done.... Try the nicotine patch, its cheaper then a pack of cigs and will get u off of it. Addictions are tough to kick, but you gotta do it.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Yo forever!

Is that pic from the episode where pika is training to beat Raichu?(That was an epic one)
nah, its actually from a newer episode called, Gaining Groudon. u can youtube it, thats what i did. Btw, lookin sexy;) lol.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
TigerWoods said:
Welcome back! And if you don't post here for a while I'll hunt you down via pms. :mad:
As for cardio, as long as your heart rate is going up and you're breaking a sweat, go for it.
<____< I don't know. Do I need to post progress or something? X.x I didn't really progress that much when I first posted, but now I'm actually trying.

Well I'm still on losing body fat so I am wondering if you guys could help me make a grocery list so I can start changing my dieting habits too. Really those are majorly holding me back, and I don't know where to start at. Also, some good places to go to when I have to eat out?

All I've got so far is OATZ.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
This is back?!

YES, SIGN ME UP! *does a set of push-ups*

So, I'm 130 lbs, 5'6, freshman in college who works out three times a week for about an hour. I don't have a proper workout, mainly doing things on a whim - which can mean running laps, bench-presses, curls, squats, push-ups, etc. That would be my main purpose here: formulating some sort of plan so I can reach my goal of being a relatively healthy and hot stud.

Tuna!

Tuna is the secret to loads of protein.

It has around 30g of protein per can.(The tuna itself is 130g when drained)

I ate 2 cans for lunch today.

I also had another with dinner.
This is a fantastic idea. I normally just drink a Carnation Instant Breakfast thingy and a protein bar here and there, but tuna sounds so much better. Plus it's the only fish I like. :p

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
@ meno what parts of ur body are u trying to work on. U said that uve been doin bench presses and running. Thats good, bench, depending on the amount u bench in proportion to ur body weight, will build biceps quickly. Running will help strengthen and tone those abs as well, if ur doing other ab workouts alongside it. I personally like to work with my own body weight, things like situps, crunches, braces, pushups, and most importantly, Pull Ups. Pull ups will get u in shape FAST. Coupling pushups, crunches/situps and pull ups will work you out good if u keep up with it. but again, its all persoanl prefernce, if u want to use weights, go for it.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm working on everything pretty much - with emphasis on upper body. Concerning the bench-press, I actually dropped it on myself a while back, and now I've been clinging to 60 lbs for a year. xD

What would be the appropriate amount of weight I should be working with?

I also like weights as well - they feel more focused for me. Though I won't ever give up standard exercises. I like the pull-ups notion, I'll start doing those more often.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
I used to smoke myself, its a hard habit to kick. Try joining a smokers quitting support program. There are TONS around. As for kicking the addiction, instead of trying to kick it all at once, make yourself stop smoking in the morning. When you finally don't need to smoke in the morning, try stopping smoking after dinner. Basically, don't try to quit all at once. Think about when you smoke, and remove smoking from one of those activities. That's how I did it.

<____< I don't know. Do I need to post progress or something? X.x I didn't really progress that much when I first posted, but now I'm actually trying.

Well I'm still on losing body fat so I am wondering if you guys could help me make a grocery list so I can start changing my dieting habits too. Really those are majorly holding me back, and I don't know where to start at. Also, some good places to go to when I have to eat out?

All I've got so far is OATZ.
Alright Water(I'm calling you this, deal with it :mad:), you can post if you want to. Progress wont happen quick though, so don't worry.

As for food, the number one rule is don't eat anything you hate! Tell me what kind of food you like and I'll give you suggestions. If its healthy, keep eating it. If its not, I'll find you a substitute that you'll like.:chuckle:

The 90 Day competition started offcially yesterday. After today's workout I have trouble doing a simple push up. Sorry TW.

No need to be sorry! Just keep trying. You'll get there!

I'm working on everything pretty much - with emphasis on upper body. Concerning the bench-press, I actually dropped it on myself a while back, and now I've been clinging to 60 lbs for a year. xD

What would be the appropriate amount of weight I should be working with?

I also like weights as well - they feel more focused for me. Though I won't ever give up standard exercises. I like the pull-ups notion, I'll start doing those more often.
MENO!!!!

I suggest you find a spotter if you're worried about dropping it. You can pretty much lift anything if you have a spotter. In the event of a bench crisis, a spotter can relieve a lot of the weight you have to push.

Appropriate weight really depends on what your comfortable working with, yet still enough to give you "the burn." Try experimenting around. Don't be afraid to use a lighter weight if you're worried.

Hope to see you progress! :chuckle:

IMPORTANT REMINDER
Your body cannot process THAT much protein in one sitting. Having said that, tuna is GREAT for you(as well as almonds, yogurt, legumes). Please remember to not "force" yourself to eat protein, if protein is already in your diet.

nux23

Smash Ace
Well, I know I'm unfit...how u ask? I can walk a mle easily but, I can't run 1/20th of a mile w/o gasping for air, I was lucky...LUCKY to do 10 push ups today...
I need help >.>

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
Any estimates on how long it takes to improve one's stamina? I've been jogging for several months now, with little improvement of the total distance I can run. It's a bit discouraging.

Also, suggestions on other exercises that help improve stamina would be greatly appreciated.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Any estimates on how long it takes to improve one's stamina? I've been jogging for several months now, with little improvement of the total distance I can run. It's a bit discouraging.

Also, suggestions on other exercises that help improve stamina would be greatly appreciated.
The dreaded stamina. Try doing things such as running pyramids. They hurt.

Running pyramids are like sprint 100 meters, then sprint 200 meters, then hard run 300 meters, then hard run 400 meters, then hard run 300 meters, then sprint 200, then sprint 100.

=D

nux23

Smash Ace
Bleh, I need protein sources
I hate the taste of meat, and MOST vegetables
I wanna try a protein powder, but I'm low on cash >.<

Chaco

Never Logs In
Oatmeal, lol. Excellent source iirc.

And lol, when I run I do pyramids, Tiger. Run 5 laps, walk 1, run 4 laps, walk 2, etc.

nux23

Smash Ace
# Cheese Pizza
# Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
# Macaroni and Cheese
# Grilled Cheese Sandwich

>.> This sums up my diet to the point...
'cept Mashed potatoes, spaghetti, and popcorn

Top Bottom