• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF GYM:(Injuries abound XD)

Have you worked out today?

• Yes!

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • I will right now.

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
Good luck man! Sorry I keep ditching you XD.

Anyways, blueberries are a great substitute! Junk craving can usually be solved by natural food that happens to taste great as well.

You may be one of the slow metabolism types here, like me and cherry...

That just means you are unlucky and if you stop working out you'll begin to gain weight quickly again. >_>

We tend to live longer though! xD
It's nothing to worry about, I take long absences from this site pretty frequently myself.

It would make sense if I had slow metabolism. It doesn't help either that obesity runs through a good portion of my family, so we're used to it. Though I didn't realize it untill it hit me a few days ago, because this is something easily taken forgranted, but my body operates so much better when I weigh less. My joints don't crack as much, I can move around more easily, much less, if any back pain, and so forth. I noticed this at 192lbs, and I can only imagine how I would feel at my goal weight, about 175lbs. I'd probably feel like Superman, haha.

lol @ living longer. Time for me to try to get ripped! (Heads outside.)

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I think I need to join this group.

I also came to congratulate someone but I don't see what I'm supposed to congratulate them on. :p

Bleh, I'm kind of in this weird middle road and I need to figure out where I'm going to go from here.

M.K

Level 55
This is my workout routine. I'm trying to lose weight, not put on muscle. However, I do want some definition in my arms:

30 Minutes - Elliptical (30 min + 5 min cool down) (~330-380 Calories Burned) (Crossramp 10, Resistance 5)
~15 Minutes - 1 Mile (8.5 Laps = 1 Mile) (Alternating Run/Walk Laps)
3 x 10 Reps of the Machine where you push the bars straight up ~30-45 lbs (don't laugh :<)
3 x 10 Reps of the Machine where you push the bars out and towards each other ~40-55 lbs
1-2 Miles on the Bike

How efficient does this work out sound? I'm having alot of trouble balancing school and my workouts right now, plus, I just recently quit springboard diving (really hard decision, I've pretty much lost my athletic identity and it really hasn't hit me yet). I love sweating, though, and this workout sure does get me sweaty :D.
Plus, my 3rd Period is a Lifetime Sports I class, which basically every day we play Knockout and I get SWEATING! :D

Oh, and I cannot like....flex my left arm for some reason. i can go through the "feeling", but the muscle doesn't actually bulge out or anything like that.

The weird thing is, though, is that I haven't gotten any definition yet, but I can feel, when I flex, the muscle is like....harder than it used to be. Does that make any sense?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Increase your mileage on the bike if you're on a road bike because riding a bike is extremely easy unless your in a high gear. Mountain biking for 5 miles also burns some serious calories and gives you a nice burn.

When I road bike I usually ride around 20-30 miles. I ride around 15 in an hour and a half of goofing around.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
someone asked about creatine...

ive done a bit of reading, and i cant find a study (ive read 4 or 5 clinical trials) that say creatine monohydrate doesnt work. apparently it boosts power primarily, but also strength, recovery and water weight. heaps of evidence supporting this, which i could quote if you really want some.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Are you speaking of 18spikes? If so... basically he went from chunky to sexy.

Congradulate him. :D

Need help with anything? Shmot's got a killer starter workout if you're a newbie. :p
Sooo sexy.

As for my metabolism, it has definitely slowed down, like A lot. However my weight rarely changes, in fact it dropped but I just started gaining a belly, and was not pleased with the way I looked, I am looking better now, but don't want to give up just yet.

in other great news I got smacked lightly in the nuts today by the hottest chick. srsly she was so hot, I actually said "dude she just touched my nuts" when they asked me if I was okay or not. Nd deen I walked my childohood crush home, because I'm a sweety :p

Omis

my friends were skinny
Creatine works. I take it and you do get a huge boost of power and if that aint worth it then nothing is. The only problem is that you need to drink a dickload of water or you dont feel too good.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
So I'm getting a membership to my local pool.

That way I can get a full body workout everyday for next to nothing if I wanted.

PolarBear

Smash Journeyman
So, I have overcome a plateau I've been facing recently where I couldn't get any further on my max for any exercises. I've been away on vacation for a week, and without weights or a gym I decided to do massive situps, pushups, stretches, and other exercises. That, plus walking a lot, relaxing, and getting sun, I believe helped me when I went back to the gym and was able to lift more than my max before last week.

On the discussion of creatine, imo that along with any other supplement is a waste. Just drink plenty of water, EAT HEALTHY, and live healthy and you'll be set when you hit the gym. You will save yourself the money.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
maxed out benching today
new maxes:

bench: 185
squat: 225
deadlift: 285

weight: 179

started taking creatine today...
we will see how it goes!

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I'm not too much worse than Tiger there. Cept I got some gnar hair on the chest, Don't hate on the brown suga ;)

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'll do progress pics after like a couple weeks.

Just finished week one. :p

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Yeah lmao, those were ********. iPhones need to shrink stuff, the blurryness, it's horrid. I am just glad I actually look skinny again :\

That looks really skinny though, that's after waking up, I didn't want to make myself look bigger by working out(CHEATING) before taking the pics ;)

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
you call that chest hair??? get outta here :) not lookin too bad there cherry, are you trying to get bigger or leaner from here? cause you look like you could go in either direction and get great results. nice cat too btw

everyone should go and lift a weight for me. dont take it for granted because omg i have at least 2 weeks, not counting physical therapy, before this cast comes off and its TORTURE.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
you call that chest hair??? get outta here :) not lookin too bad there cherry, are you trying to get bigger or leaner from here? cause you look like you could go in either direction and get great results. nice cat too btw

everyone should go and lift a weight for me. dont take it for granted because omg i have at least 2 weeks, not counting physical therapy, before this cast comes off and its TORTURE.
Depends. I am moving to Victoria Sept 4th, and so if I do something, like join a beer hockey league, then I'll get bigger, but if It's just to be beautiful then I'll stay where I am now, MAYBE lose a bit of fat on my stomach, just so you cana ctually see my abs again :urg:

I don't want to be huge if I don't have to be, Perfectly content looking like this for the rest of my life :p

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Basically, I've been being a lazy bum for a while (but thanks to my odd eating habits, Ive lost 6 pounds in the past year)...though thats changing thanks to my cousin.
I'm at a pretty average weight, so im not worried too much...but i wanna keep a good figure, so I'm gonna hit arcades a lot more now for some DDR/In the Groove nonsense. My cousin is at her skinniest (shes crazyyyy tiny now) in years thanks to becoming a DDR junkie this summer. It's a fun way for me to keep in shape, especially since I detest running.

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
Here's a pic of me from a while back. Best quality I could do. Maybe I'll take some new ones later.
Woah, you look pretty buff there, nice picture. My arms look similar to yours, but I have a heck of a lot more belly fat. =/

I'll get there soon enough though. Just read a book called the Glycemic Index, which explained why I was so hungry all the time and how to fix it. Cool stuff!

Pikaville

Ok this is my most recent picture.It's a bit of a lie though because the lighting makes me look better than I actually do.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Man, Getting older is a *****. I just actually compaired my two photo's and I look Waaay better when I was younger. Dangg :(

guess running stairs in full hockey gear because some roomies brought chicks over to the house, and we weren't allowed to have them there. Defs a lot of hatin' on those two, AND the girls.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Okay you know what bro? Sign me up!

I'll try working out like 3 times a week (hey look man considering moving is a feat for me, this is asking a lot).

My aim is this:

Lolololol I dunno I guess benching 250-300lb by this time next year would be cute.

[collapse= Me right nao!] Fyi, these are not semen stains on the mirror :mad:

Omg check da arm!

zomfg check it again!

Nice and relaxed here, I swear. :3

Oh and uhh just to prove it's me and stuff, in case I jacked this off some cute queers dating profile or something.[/collapse]

I WANNA BE IN WWE!

Pikaville

Teran you and me, once I can afford the gym we should both march to Vince's office demanding jobs.

We can take on Sheamus and Wade Barrett!

:D

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I will only allow you to team with me on one condition.

GET BIGGER TRAPS :mad:

Same goes for most, upper back, laterals and shoulders need more love, I see enough pectoral and abs nonsense. x__x

Pikaville

But you and Cherry are MACHINES!

That would be like Undertaker and Kane vs Rey Mysterio and Evan Bourne......well maybe not that bad.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You kidding?

I'd **** them both up just watch me.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg