• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF GYM:(Injuries abound XD)

Have you worked out today?

• Yes!

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • I will right now.

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Hello everyone I apologize for the extended leave... but I am back and kicking!

If someone could fill me in on the details of what's happened that'd be great. Pretty soon I'll revamp the OP and fix this place up to what it used to be like.

-Tiger Woods :D

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm still on my five day schedule!

Minus summertime distractions.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I never really post in here, but I like the concept of this thread, so ****it this won't die on my watch <_<

For the past few months I've been jogging about a mile nightly and alternating daily between chest/arms and abdominal workouts. It's turning out pretty good so far, but I think I need to work more because my body has adjusted to the ab workouts way too much, so they're not having that much of an effect anymore. So, does anybody know any good ab workouts, for all parts of the abs (lower, upper, and obliques)?

RATED

Smash Lord
Thank ye sir. Cao is coming back in here too...

So yeah... Dead eh... NEEDS MOAR WORKING OUT!
I was like "where's that thread that was a Gym like thing" and now I found it. :p

I want to drop 15 lbs. I am not that overweight and I don't wish getting too much ripped I just like to get a bit more fit.

I am slowly leaving Soda and I stopped eating 3 hours before going to sleep, so that I'll tell myself " I will try to get to sleep at 1am" so that I don't eat after 9pm and things like that.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I've been playing football for the past 2 months every thursday.

I'm losing my abs because I haven't been doing much.

My shoulders and abs are getting better though.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
I'm still on my five day schedule!

Minus summertime distractions.
That's great! Let us know what you're doing :D

I never really post in here, but I like the concept of this thread, so ****it this won't die on my watch <_<

For the past few months I've been jogging about a mile nightly and alternating daily between chest/arms and abdominal workouts. It's turning out pretty good so far, but I think I need to work more because my body has adjusted to the ab workouts way too much, so they're not having that much of an effect anymore. So, does anybody know any good ab workouts, for all parts of the abs (lower, upper, and obliques)?
I suggest doing planks and side planks for stability in order to work out the core muscles. Ab-specific workouts aren't always the best thing to do.

You really don't need to do ab workouts to get good abs... If you have a strong core and all your other muscles are in tune then they should just... come.

I was like "where's that thread that was a Gym like thing" and now I found it. :p

I want to drop 15 lbs. I am not that overweight and I don't wish getting too much ripped I just like to get a bit more fit.

I am slowly leaving Soda and I stopped eating 3 hours before going to sleep, so that I'll tell myself " I will try to get to sleep at 1am" so that I don't eat after 9pm and things like that.
That's a great start! Soda is a big baddie in terms of unhealthy things to consume. Let me know what kind of exercises you like and maybe we can set you up with a workout. If you're easily self-motivated... telling you what workouts to do should fix you up in no time.

If you aren't (I'm not... lol) then maybe joining a class or activity may be for you.

I've been playing football for the past 2 months every thursday.

I'm losing my abs because I haven't been doing much.

My shoulders and abs are getting better though.
That's good. Remember.. the abs sort of just come with a strong core and other muscles. Keep at it. You should have an easy time seeing results too.. considering you're ultra skinny XD.

RATED

Smash Lord
That's a great start! Soda is a big baddie in terms of unhealthy things to consume. Let me know what kind of exercises you like and maybe we can set you up with a workout. If you're easily self-motivated... telling you what workouts to do should fix you up in no time.

If you aren't (I'm not... lol) then maybe joining a class or activity may be for you.

I like jogging( idk if that's a legit exercise), maybe simple pushups and things like that. I am easily self-motivated and I kinda dislike the idea of having to join a class since I have a college schedule and I have programmed hours to eat since I get really desesperated when I get even a lil hungry.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I started doing the spartan work out last week because I was bored. That **** is crazy :\

I legit, had to cheat every time I did it. and I don't have the arm bands so I need to think of another shoulder/arm excersize to fill that gap.

But srsly, it's bruuuta
l

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
I like jogging( idk if that's a legit exercise), maybe simple pushups and things like that. I am easily self-motivated and I kinda dislike the idea of having to join a class since I have a college schedule and I have programmed hours to eat since I get really desesperated when I get even a lil hungry.
Jogging is very much so a legit exercise. Body weight exercises are also great. I suggest doing pullups and pushups... they work a great deal of muscles. Box jumps too :chuckle:

I started doing the spartan work out last week because I was bored. That **** is crazy :\

I legit, had to cheat every time I did it. and I don't have the arm bands so I need to think of another shoulder/arm excersize to fill that gap.

But srsly, it's bruuuta
l
I've seen that before on wimp.com. Yeah It's pretty intense. I haven't tried it yet though haha.

I'd wait until you can actually do it before doing it XD... or lower the amount or reps. CHEATING BAD! (ok I guess that seems hypocritical considering my name xD)

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Haha I did lower the reps, I halfed them, aka cheating the real work out but enver the excersizes, because that actually does more damage than good to the bod.

Hope you had a fun lil break, I took a well deserved vacation from smashboards a while ago too

EDIT: box jumps are the ****! if you can't do box jumps do umping squats, srsly, they look like your jsut jumping but you'll feel that after like 5-10 depending on how strong your legs are

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
onto a 5 day sched right now

1st day
hit chest - bench press 145, dumbells 120
biceps - barbell curll 60, curls 35
situps - 50 with 15bls weight on chest for 10
2 shakes TRUEMASS ok stuff. one had a handful of blueberries and an apple
3 RAW eggs

Get At Me.

Can i thow in that i had my first YOGA Class and it was AMAZING.

RATED

Smash Lord

1st day
biceps - barbell curll 120, curls 35
3 RAW eggs

Get At Me.

LOL! someone wants to become Hulk! :cry:

you should main Snake in Brawl or play melee with Falcon!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer

1st day
biceps - barbell curll 60, curls 35
3 RAW eggs

Get At Me.

are you new to the gym? perhaps a few more exercises would be good...

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Hey, I'm joining a boxing gym (real boxing, gym smells like sweat and blood) and I've been doing great getting myself in shape for it. I could use some more advice though.

My main question: how the hell do I work on my toes? I know toe strength is vary important in boxing, but I have no idea how to exercise them.

My legs have progressed disperportionatly quick. Why is this? In the past, because of Marching Band, I would work on my legs, so because they have been toned before, does that mean they will naturally tone faster than muscles that have never been worked on, or is this a sign that something is wrong in my routine?

How much flexibility do I need? Flexibility has always been my weakest point in athletics.

So, I'm 6'4-6'5 with a very light frame, can I expect to have the weight index chart's ideal weight of 160 and compete at middle weight, or will the added muscle tip me over into the upper weights?

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
your legs harbor several of your largest and most powerful muscles, so they will generally see faster progress compared to the rest of the body

I was riding my bike last week and was struck by a van that ran a stop sign, breaking my wrist and spraining my ankle and back, it will be several months before I can lift again :( :(

but whatever heres a progress pic, hopefully this will inspire some ppl to not look gross like my Before pic :)

Chaco

Never Logs In
I really need to get with the working out, not only because I want to get bigger but y'know it'd be good for me. So, I need some way to inspire myself to work out. I just don't feel the desire. Hah.

Anyways, what I'm like right now is skinny, and fit. But I would like to get more mass, so, just posting about it will give me some desire. I'm 5'9" and around 126lbs usually. Naturally skinny, and somewhat muscular. My forearms from sports are naturally large as well as my calves. However, my biceps are severly lacking. My pecs need loads of work, and I say loads because they will look smaller regardless since I have a caved in chest. Y'know, dips in, youtube video of a guy eating cereal out of his chest, yeah I can do that. I have skinny guy abs, but they could use some serious work.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
your legs harbor several of your largest and most powerful muscles, so they will generally see faster progress compared to the rest of the body

I was riding my bike last week and was struck by a van that ran a stop sign, breaking my wrist and spraining my ankle and back, it will be several months before I can lift again :( :(

but whatever heres a progress pic, hopefully this will inspire some ppl to not look gross like my Before pic :)

OH MY GOD!!! Wow man. Those are some amazing results. You used to be chunky XD.

GOOD F'ING JOB :p

RATED

Smash Lord
I started two days ago with Push ups, I am doing 4 "sections" of 10 pushups every day.

here's what I am doing : like at 4pm or 5pm I jog around where I live like 30 minutes, then go home and dome 2 of those pushups sections( I am not that used to exercising) then at like 8pm or 9pm do the same thing.

is that good, at least for no having exercise experience ? I want to add some Abs exercise but how much should I do?

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
I started two days ago with Push ups, I am doing 4 "sections" of 10 pushups every day.

here's what I am doing : like at 4pm or 5pm I jog around where I live like 30 minutes, then go home and dome 2 of those pushups sections( I am not that used to exercising) then at like 8pm or 9pm do the same thing.

is that good, at least for no having exercise experience ? I want to add some Abs exercise but how much should I do?
4 sets of 10 seems on the light side to me
- try 3 sets of 15

great start keep doing the pushups keep it up
try different variations of the push up when you are ready.
as for abs i love doing some leg lifts and flutter kicks and bicycles...

I DO NEED SOME MORE EXERCISES...My goal to gain weight is going well. I weigh a healthy 175 and I'm 6ft right now...pretty average. I'm trying to put on a nice healthy 30 lbs though...we will see how this goes
TODAY IS REST DAY YES

here's what i did yesterday...I'm on the heavier weight lower reps plan i do 5x5

2 shakes, 3 raw eggs, taco bell
squat - 175
supersquat - 230
leg press - 230
calfs - 100+my weight

later i did (with a few beers in me lol)

shoulder press 80lbs standing up
biceps 40 lbs curls
lunges - 40 lbs dumbell weights: i took like 15 steps. i also took lunging steps to the side which are surprisingly difficult
5 pullups

M.K

Level 55
Congrats eighteenspikes!!! AMAZING!!

I really want to get into a good routine of going to the gym after school since I'm not diving (maybe ever again), but everytime I think about it, I just feel like I could NEVER get myself to do that.

However, I know the benefits of doing so, and that'd be a reallly great goal, but I have no idea how to motivate myself to do that.

Any suggestions? I've posted a couple times here before. =)

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
dam well
MONDAY done.

im in one of my fitness spurts so bear with...

deadlifts
cablerows
dumbellrow
pullups

yea
and eating like a fat man lol. a healthy fat man.

i need to get some 'before' pics up in this mofo

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Wow, eighteenspikes you look amazing now.

Seriously good work dude.

Your an inspiration to us all.

I wish I had a bit of bulk to work with, it's really hard for me to gain weight.

soju

SD God
=3= can ya sign me up, pretty hefty but am a pretty active guy but I'm not consistent with my workouts or any of my diets XD sorta like go to the gym 6 times in a week, then next week go once, then week after that 3 times XD I'm joining wrestling this school year and hopefully thats what will jumpstart my want to lose weight =w=, I'll take a picture but I'm not posting it until I get to my goal weight :p or until I get a visible 6 pack >:3

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
The weight sort of just comes. Consider yourself lucky though... most people(like me even) just get fat when they stop working out haha.

I wouldnt focus so much on gaining weight. If you keep up with your exercises... it will come :D
So much this^.

I realized like a month ago Iw as getting fat so I started doing excersize again ,it's going back to normal but I still don't look like I did. And apparently I ahve to constantly work out and run to stay purdy. Fuxxxx :(

Top Bottom