• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Summer Brawl/ July 18th @ Pownz

KC18

Smash Journeyman
holy, another 2$ mm? best of 3 i guess. i'll do better this time lol, plus it's fun as hell playing against you

swordgard

Smash Hero
Sorry, I meant illusion/phantasm tricks he can use all over the stage, not shine, it just came out wrong
So your gonna ban a stage because 1 character has a move which becomes much more viable.

Good reasonning there, i thought we banned stages for being random or making 1 character so overpowered that it made other ones unviable, but i guess phantasm just makes the whole game unplayable.

Not.

nickcam

Smash Ace
In brawl especially when talking about a stage like japes stage control=camping so people who are using that word please stop using it and just replace it with camping because thats basically what you mean. Stage is good for falco obviously so falco mains dont wanna see it go but its clearly not balanced and will result in atleast! 7 minute long matches unless people decide to attack (doubtful cause its falco who will probably take u there)

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
^ So ban it against a Falco, and then tell me what other horribly broken stage he has to CP you to.
(Not that my vote counts. I just don't think he's unbeatable on Japes.)

.Marik

is a social misfit
I honestly don't feel like Japes should be banned, but I suck there anyways so my opinion doesn't really matter. :[

Stfu and take me to Rainbow Cruise instead. :D

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Alright so once again, trying to remain unbiased. I thought about gay cps

MK: anything

Snake: Frigate, Halberd, etc.

Dedede: Delfino/Castle Siege

Wario: Brinstar

Diddy: no idea whats a gay diddy cp

GaW: RC

Falco: Japes

ROB: Frigate

By this logic, Falco really only does have Japes as a homotastic CP.

Anyone argue with this logic? (except Swordgard, I don't want to hear your bs)

swordgard

Smash Hero
Gay cps?

You mean cps where a character does better than usual? Cause im pretty sure thats what cps are for. Its not gay, its strategy.

And mikey, i have yet to see you refute anything of what i said yet you pretend i say BS. Please show me where i have said something that is blatantly false or bad. All what you did over and over is say im stupid and avoid everything i said.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
Alright so once again, trying to remain unbiased. I thought about gay cps

Snake: Frigate, Halberd, etc.
wat
what can snake possibly do thats gay on those stages

i know that halberd has a lower ceiling so that benefits utilt and halberd also looks cool

Also ban japes please its like the definition of gay, whether youre falco or not.
fall into the water at the left side of the stage, and you are NOT coming back

Mikey7

Smash Lord
wat
what can snake possibly do thats gay on those stages

i know that halberd has a lower ceiling so that benefits utilt and halberd also looks cool

Also ban japes please its like the definition of gay, whether youre falco or not.
fall into the water at the left side of the stage, and you are NOT coming back
Yeah, I feel the same way alot of the time about Japes, but the point of my post is that there is only 1 really gay Falco counterpick, so you can ban it, and then theres none that they'll really take you to.
On Frigate you can take a character with bad recovery there for easy kills I guess, idk though really

Needs more input, thx for the input Fatal

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
me and fatal in teams is gonna be broken,

i still think japes should be banned,but yeah you can ban it so i guess it wouldnt matter but still thats a waste of a ban

Last edited:

Mikey7

Smash Lord
me and fatal in teams is gonna be broken,get ***** everybody

i still think japes should be banned,but yeah you can ban it so i guess it wouldnt matter but still thats a waste of a ban
I think the "waste of a ban" is sort of avoided because Falco's don't really have another super gay level

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Mikey, I think you're totally coming around to the conclusion I was thinking.
Japes totally shouldn't be banned, at least not for this event. There was never any motion or good enough reasoning to change it to banned.

Also fatal, consider the fact that if you fall underneath the stage on the left side, thats your only requirement for suicide. As opposed to the multiple ways you can on a normal stage, japes actually saves you from all those other suicides, the water can be used as an important recovery tool.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
The only reason people have to want japes banned is because its the one stage minus is super pro status on, change it back, you don't see norfair getting banned and gnws **** on it.

* Cough cough... Cyan * everyone just shut up and put back japes, don't be foolish.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
norfair IS banned...

and if you mean brinstar, then G&Ws don't **** on there lol. MKs do a lot better

KingAce

Smash Ace
me and ambrose will take money matches in doubles from anyone, you choose bo3/bo5 and you can choose the amount for the mm

it would be good practice before the tourny especially if your team wants to experiment with new character combinations to see how they do :p

Tin Man

Smash Hero
me and ambrose will take money matches in doubles from anyone, you choose bo3/bo5 and you can choose the amount for the mm

it would be good practice before the tourny especially if your team wants to experiment with new character combinations to see how they do :p
In otherwords what ace is saying is

"give us ur money and have fun doing it :chuckle:"

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
Does anyone have an A/V cable for N64/GC/SNES they could bring? I have everything else I need, but for some reason I can't find the A/V cable :( My brother took his SNES and my GC to his gf's house (and he is gone for the week too) so I can't take the cable from either of those for the day either

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Does anyone in the St Catherines area have an extra seat that I could get a ride to Pownz with? I would get dropped off at your house so no pick up necessary, will pitch for gas or whatever. Don't think I'll need a ride back.
PM me if you got room.

raidos

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone in the St Catherines area have an extra seat that I could get a ride to Pownz with? I would get dropped off at your house so no pick up necessary, will pitch for gas or whatever. Don't think I'll need a ride back.
PM me if you got room.
Hey kuenzel, if you need a ride I have room in my car since it's only going to be me KC and niko. maybe percon, but I will have room, just be at my house at aroud 11 or 12 so we make it for pownz xD. my msn is rairai2001@hotmail.com

Add me so I can give you my address xD.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Hey kuenzel, if you need a ride I have room in my car since it's only going to be me KC and niko. maybe percon, but I will have room, just be at my house at aroud 11 or 12 so we make it for pownz xD. my msn is rairai2001@hotmail.com

Add me so I can give you my address xD.
Has Max told you if he's coming for sure? Cause me and him need to continue to work our team strats. If Max can't make it, you wanna bring back Negative Edge Rob?

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Me= Nate = Minus

And seriously though, hype is always good.

We need more recordings this time around, plus phiddlesticks I can't wait for puzzle league.

Top Bottom