• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros: Metagame - VIDEO AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!!

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
In the G1G4 combo, the person he was playing against is not good. Not good at all. It looked extremely goofy to me. For you to suggest that someone who's actually good should have a combo removed because Magus was on the phone makes me feel similarly about such a goofy combo.

It's not really that impressive of a combo IMO just because it was so unbelievably silly.

But idk.

I'm picky so I'm probably just complaining for no real reason.

wooooo!

a couple of combos from my falco vid of forward was in it! yayyy!

awesome job gimpy it was a great watch pretty epic. all the characters and how good we have gotten with them all brings a tear to my eye.

melee for life!

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
In the G1G4 combo, the person he was playing against is not good. Not good at all. It looked extremely goofy to me. For you to suggest that someone who's actually good should have a combo removed because Magus was on the phone makes me feel similarly about such a goofy combo.

It's not really that impressive of a combo IMO just because it was so unbelievably silly.

But idk.

I'm picky so I'm probably just complaining for no real reason.
Haha well I feel like any smasher, even if they're not good, would be better than someone who's not paying attention at all >.>

I mean I thought the G1G4 combo was silly also... I agree with you there.

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
I gotta say some of the stuff in there was really impressive and made the video fun to watch. A lot is stuff you see normally in tourneys nowadays but it makes for great video nonetheless. Lol I was always a bit jealous of the better pika players. n64 smash style makes mine bad. <3 those sexy foxes too.

AntiLulz

Smash Rookie
To be honest, I thought it was a little silly that the Falcon uair-uair-uair-up b was in because Magus explicitly said that he was answering the phone during that time. It just looks super goofy. Plus there was already G1G4's clip of combo into up b.
haha, I had never heard that before...about Magus answering the phone.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
ive never watched a vid this long. im having trouble finishing.

did u guys watch it all in one go?
I skipped a lot the first time.
I watched it again today, to pass some time, and more just zoned in on the music and how well it was synced to the combo's, now that my super fan boy hype died down, watched it all.

curiousthoughtsbear

Smash Apprentice
eh....twas aight I guess, but understandable cuz Gimpy did finish it far earlier than expected.

It seemed like the most effort was put forth into the mario bros series....with far less in every other section.

Anyway, a decent watch but nothing I haven't seen before.....also the music choice is good for a montage but not so much a combo video. Combos require a sort of battle rythm or urgency...........the music didn't really convey that.

Also, much of the footage was of sub-par visual acuity/quality which may also put one off to watching the entire thing.

Needed alot more footage in general, would of appreciated different styles more so than a bunch of "epic" combos....and as the credits indicated there were very few representative players for many of the characters. Cannot say I'm disappointed because I really didn't know what to expect from a compilation like this....... Honestly the trailer was far more inspiring then the actual video, mostly due to length but also cuz it conveyed that sense of urgency that was wholly lacking in the feature length video.

HEH BASHY BASHY

Milos

Smash Lord
im sick of everyone accepting an open bias, i've talked to people and supposedly a lot of east coast footage was submitted by linguini and others, so way to promote your friends gimpy.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I couldn't beleive that there wasn't any DJN in the bowser section. He's way to ****ing good, there's really good footage of his boozer available*, and 1 person to for an entire section is not enough. Why was he excluded? :(

*matches vs scar and recently eggm. theres a match in a crew battle where he takes 2 stocks from scar without losing any of his 4.

Milos

Smash Lord
I couldn't beleive that there wasn't any DJN in the bowser section. He's way to ****ing good, there's really good footage of his boozer available*, and 1 person to for an entire section is not enough. Why was he excluded? :(

*matches vs scar and recently eggm. theres a match in a crew battle where he takes 2 stocks from scar without losing any of his 4.
Dj is the best bowser without a doubt. His best stage is fd which is ****. Most bowsers can only **** **** up on ys

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I watched it full time once

I tried to watch it again all the way through and couldnt do it.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Hey guess what?... I still haven't watched the whole video =) I will watch only with friends around and not alone so I won't be watching the whole thing until GOOD FRIDAY!!!
---------
CLASS OF 2009!!!

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
needs better music >_>

but this is still the best combo video ever made
I thought the music was great. What music would you say would be better? I probably would't like it. Everyone has different tastes in music so it's impossible to please everyone (unless you're scar). Why not take advantage of the only aspect of brawl that was good? (the music, lol)

EDIT: I love how almost all of these are tournament matches where the people were pushing themselves to the limit in an intense match... Then silent wolf makes a combo video of some friendlies he randomly decided to tape and gets multiple clips from it into metagame. Silent wolf is too good.

tubes

Smash Ace
Okay we seriously gotta start recording things in HD more. The video was amazing but seriously its unwatchable in full screen.

Heavy_Bass

Smash Apprentice
One clip of DSW in this? That's insane, just watch his crew battle against east coast where he *****!

No Phanna...really?

No Captain Jack Sheik combo on Peach on Dreamland?

I was sorely disappointed, but probably just because I got my hopes up.

NO BOMBSOLDIER IN THE FALCO CLIPS EITHER!?

Ridiculous.

But I did enjoy watching this a lot, deff need some DJN in the bowser clips though since he is the BEST bowser, and some linguini here and there for Ganon.

I could go on and on, but don't get me wrong, I did enjoy watching it.

And don't give me that "Have fun making your own video" crap.

You show this video to the masses, the masses have the right to critique.

Samochan

Smash Master
NO BOMBSOLDIER IN THE FALCO CLIPS EITHER!?

You show this video to the masses, the masses have the right to critique.
<_< Just how new is bombsoldiers "metagame" lol? Besides the quality on any bs vid is tube quality, so they suck majorly.

But yea, you gotta know the premises in making this video, otherwise you're not qualified to critique it. :p I showed gimpy an amazing armada combo for example, but it didn't get accepted cause the killing hit was after a pause in the combo, breaking the flow, so yea.

Top Bottom