• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
No. Not only that but Tingle is also a Mii Costume and an Assist Trophy so that's an automatic out. Characters who have both are ineligible. One or the other.

The requirements for our last newcomer will be revealed then

Yes
I was talking about the Fraymakers one. There wouldn't have been controversy if you had said not to add special rules in the first place.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I was talking about the Fraymakers one. There wouldn't have been controversy if you had said not to add special rules in the first place.
I never thought of it because I never thought I would have to worry about it. It is what it is though and it straightened itself out. This will be a ruling going into the submission process next time.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok, while we vote....

Submit Items for the Following SmashSpace Content

Please submit items for one or all of the following:

• Halloween-themed Items
  • Sports-themed Items
  • Space-themed Items
Please note not ALL items have to be special items that can be interacted with. It's nice to have a balance of special items or just decoration times and what not. We also have flooring and wallpaper. Everyone seems to think that each and every item needs to have a function rather than just...showing it off.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Halloween

Trick or Treat Bucket

Untitled.png

A standard trick or treat bucket, filled with delicious sugary candy. Interacting with it causes a candy to pop out, which can then be consumed.

Sports

Football

A standard American Football.

Space

Astronaut Uniform

A standard uniform worn in space by astronauts.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Halloween:
1666052210849.png

A giant skeleton animatronic that moves in place and has a chance of scaring your friends when first entering with a loud maniacal laugh.

Sports:
1666052318461.png

A wall-mounted basketball hoop. Prove the impossible and who that you're ****in' ballin' with this!

Space:
1666052421630.png

A UFO Chandelier. This has several bright lights on it and has a chance to temporarily pull players up in its tractor beams.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here is the results of our first party DLC newcomer and our second to last newcomer results!

Name3 Points2 Points1 Point Total
Ayumi Tachibana3 (9)3 (6)217
Euden3 (9)0211
Noah4 (12)4 (8)222
Master Hand 4 (12)2 (4)420
Hisuian Trainer1 (3)1 (2)27
Cetitian1 (3)1 (2)05
Aamarogue and Cerluedge01 (2)13
Grafaifai1 (3)1 (2)1 6
Lechonk3 (9)0110
Diver03 (6)28
Ring Fit Trainer1 (3)4 (8)415

Please click the results below!

So, basically, it's a tie up between Noah and Master Hand.

1666091001999.png
1666091022570.png

Noah and Xenoblade Chronicles 3 can certainly bring new content to Smash within DLC but, to me, Master Hand seems an odd pick because we already have Smash content in Smash. Infinite being certainly the case as we brought back a lot of stuff. You can play Smash 64 via Masterpiece, we have included Primids as a Mii Costume, we could have variations of Final Destination from past Smash games but....a few a bundle like this would fall flat.

Now rarely do I look at our results and announce my plans for the future but, currently, I am in moment where I am about to.

Within our game project time, I was planning on a definitive edition where all of the DLC was wrapped up into one package including Mii Costumes years down the road plus some extra content. This was my plan all along but my plan was to include at least one character to put in as an extra bonus character.

How do people feel about this?

Allow Noah to become our 1st Party Character addition for Season 3 while regulating Master Hand to the definitive edition? I can't say if the Definitive Edition will have more than one newcomer but I suppose that is something we can vote on. Nothing pass 3 though.

I will put this in a thread poll a little bit later today.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I forgot the option

“don’t do a definitive edition” lol

I know that was news to people. Basically, something we would briefly do after the turn of the new year.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We have a majority vote...we will be going with the second option. Master Hand will be moved to our Definitive Roster but, due to time restrainments, we will not be adding Master Hand yet to the roster. This will come another time so pelase avoid adding the character to the Wikia's roster page. I won't be adding Master Hand on the front page here.

Noah will be joining the roster!

But wait.....

Noah is not alone....

Mio joins the battle!
Mio joins along with Noah to create Noah & Mio. The color association is dark gray and off white to symbolize the hair but also their differences in character design. They will both be sharing a character slot much like Pyra and Mythra, however, will have a function similar to Ice Climbers in that they work in tandem together. To what extent, we shall decide....

Noah & Mio Gamepl;ay

Now, I never blade Xeno****s I mean...Xenoblade but I have a working understanding of the overall gameplay. I have an idea in mind just incase something isn't submitted but, we will be submitting a gameplay analysis for the two and how they work together. Our job is decide just how these characters work and interact with one another. To that extent, we need to throw out some moveset terminology:

• Swordfighter: Swordfighters specialize in close-range attacks and they have balanced abilities. Noah's initial ability.
  • Zephyr: Zephyrs specialize in drawing the attention of enemies while evading their strikes. They have quick movements to taunt the enemy, evade attacks, and unleash powerful counters with their ring-shaped Blades known as Dual Moonblades. Mio's initial ability.​
  • Dual Moonblades: Circular blades wields by Mio.​
  • Lucky Seven: Noah's second blade which can use particualr Talent Arts and such.
  • Talent Arts: Abilities that Noah and Mio can utilize in battle in relation to their class.
  • Interlink: The ability for Mio and Noah to take on the abilities and weapon of their interlinked member. Noah can become a Zephyr and wields the Moonblades and Mio can become a Swordfighter and wield the Lucky Seven.
  • Ouroburos: Ouroboros are larger forms taken by various pairs of characters, who combine through Interlink when certain conditions are met. Each Ouroboros has its own powerful moveset, and deciding when to transform can be the key to winning a battle.
Noah and Mio should be held as two different characters within the roster.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
If we are doing Noah and Mio, we would theoretically be able to represent every party member. This will require a lot of moveset scrunching however. A mechanic in Xenoblade 3, Master Arts, is based around using moves from other classes. However, your master arts can only come from classes of the opposite race and in Xenoblade 3, there are two main nationalities, Keves and Agnus, Keves coming from the Xenoblade 1 world and Agnus from Xenoblade 2's world.

So to summarize in Smash terms, Noah from Keves can use the arts of Mio, Taion and Sena and Mio from Agnus can use the arts of Noah, Eunie and Lanz. So hypothetically, one of Noah's arts could be his own and then the other three are borrowed from the Agnus cast while Mio's three other specials are borrowed from the Keves cast.

Shield + B could be used to swap characters which would be admittedly a nerf since it can only be done on the ground and their Final Smash would be their Ouroboros chain attack, differing depending on who is currently playing. The idea would kind of be like Byleth with how they represent all 3 house leaders in spirit.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Do we maybe give them separate slots, with Mia being Noah's Echo (with their differences, of course)? Cause with the Interlink I was thinking they could start as their respective classes before swapping to the other class.
Screw me for double posting I know but there actually already is a near perfect option for an echo fighter for both Noah and Mio. However... it is kind of spoilery and also a little problematic lol.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If we are doing Noah and Mio, we would theoretically be able to represent every party member. This will require a lot of moveset scrunching however. A mechanic in Xenoblade 3, Master Arts, is based around using moves from other classes. However, your master arts can only come from classes of the opposite race and in Xenoblade 3, there are two main nationalities, Keves and Agnus, Keves coming from the Xenoblade 1 world and Agnus from Xenoblade 2's world.

So to summarize in Smash terms, Noah from Keves can use the arts of Mio, Taion and Sena and Mio from Agnus can use the arts of Noah, Eunie and Lanz. So hypothetically, one of Noah's arts could be his own and then the other three are borrowed from the Agnus cast while Mio's three other specials are borrowed from the Keves cast.

Shield + B could be used to swap characters which would be admittedly a nerf since it can only be done on the ground and their Final Smash would be their Ouroboros chain attack, differing depending on who is currently playing. The idea would kind of be like Byleth with how they represent all 3 house leaders in spirit.
I had considered that but, no, we won't be going that route. Noah and Mio will taking up to roster numbers like Pyra and Mythra but will be scrunched into a character slot like Ice Climbers but the ability to switch out both Noah or Mio who both have their own unique set of attacks. However, unlike other team-based fighters, Noah and Mio should have some degree of assistance from one another in attacks.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Alrighty, let's get this show on the road:

So, obviously, Noah & Mio are gonna be the Pyra & Mythra of this pass, with Noah being the slow heavy-hitter and Mio being the combo-heavy speedster. I also did have the idea of the two having Master Arts (Explained by Adrianette Bromide) drawn from the other main cast as their Specials, with Down Special being the one that swaps them like with Aegis. Some abilities taken from normal Noah & Mio will be repurposed into their normals, and their base class's Talent Arts will be their Neutral Specials. Contrary to one might think, this does not summon the party members to battle.

But lemme get an elephant in the room out of the way: Ouroboros, also known as Interlinking. In Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Interlinking results in transforming into a larger, more powerful form that is basically an amplifier of the one taking the reins. Here's what I'd imagine them:
  • Shield + B activates Interlinking with either side.
  • Being Ouroboros only changes Specials, and provides a range and power boost to their normals. (So if Noah's Up Special is Taion's Overfall, then Ouroboros-Noah's Up Special would be his Rolling Smash. Ouroboros-Noah's Side Smash is the same as base Noah's Side Smash.)
  • Ouroboros do not take damage traditionally; all damage is transferred into an Overheat meter. Overheat fills up passively, but can be hastened with damage. A Revenge-boosted Side Smash from Incineroar would instantly max Overheat on hit, for example. An Ouroboros can still take knockback like normal, but they're more difficult to kill because Ouroboros are also heavier than normal.
  • Ouroboros can be deactivated at any time before maximum Overheat, but maxing the Overheat meter will temporarily put Interlinking on a long cooldown.

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
I had considered that but, no, we won't be going that route. Noah and Mio will taking up to roster numbers like Pyra and Mythra but will be scrunched into a character slot like Ice Climbers but the ability to switch out both Noah or Mio who both have their own unique set of attacks. However, unlike other team-based fighters, Noah and Mio should have some degree of assistance from one another in attacks.
So not like Pyra and Mythra? They are two characters on the screen at once but you can swap the two out. Like Nana and Popo, like that, is that what I am getting?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here is something I was thinking which is in line with what Perkilator and Goliso wrote up. I feel this is both an experimental but a balanced gameplay analysis.

Both Noah and Mio had a set of two different specials for both characters while both sharing a "similar Final Smash". Players can swap out much like Perkilator suggested by the shield special. I feel that while this is a bit limiting but they are already varied as it is.

To start things off, the specials will be based on Talent Arts for both characters. One of the Talent Arts can be tied to a meter Interlinking. This is achieved by a down special input once this meter is filled which will give Noah Mio's based out and Mio a Noah based outfit. That being said, that's where the similarities ends as they don't switch classes. Instead, it provides both characters a drastic buff with am amplifier if they can manage to execute combos together as a team. (Again, the character not in use is controlled by a mix of AI and mirroring the players moveset.)

While in Interlock, continuing to do damage as a team will further fill up this meter resulting it entering a burning effect. This allows them to transform into an Ouroboros form which changes all of the Talent Arts for them. Noah and Mio has different forms with different functions. This also causes the teammate character to stop following them obviously as they are fused.

As for the Final Smash, it utilizies the Ouroboros but one of the more powerful arts that is within its toolset.

So not like Pyra and Mythra? They are two characters on the screen at once but you can swap the two out. Like Nana and Popo, like that, is that what I am getting?
Yes

I feel this best emulates the gameplay XBC3 had but also keeping Noah and Mio different from Pyra and Mythra.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
I dunnoooo, I like it but Ouroboros being a whole seperate character seems like it would be a balancing nightmare, especially since both of the characters have their own Ouroboros form and the forms themselves are like, massive. It seems like a massive undertaking to write up.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I dunnoooo, I like it but Ouroboros being a whole seperate character seems like it would be a balancing nightmare, especially since both of the characters have their own Ouroboros form and the forms themselves are like, massive. It seems like a massive undertaking to write up.
That's a potential idea...

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
What if we were to go the route of "Super Special Movies" like Terry has. Once we get into the UOuroboros part of the meter and get it filled up, they can perform one of three moves which sees them transform into this form and perform that move and then dissipate which causes the Interlink effect to be removed.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are our submissions!
Alrighty, let's get this show on the road:

So, obviously, Noah & Mio are gonna be the Pyra & Mythra of this pass, with Noah being the slow heavy-hitter and Mio being the combo-heavy speedster. I also did have the idea of the two having Master Arts (Explained by Adrianette Bromide) drawn from the other main cast as their Specials, with Down Special being the one that swaps them like with Aegis. Some abilities taken from normal Noah & Mio will be repurposed into their normals, and their base class's Talent Arts will be their Neutral Specials. Contrary to one might think, this does not summon the party members to battle.

But lemme get an elephant in the room out of the way: Ouroboros, also known as Interlinking. In Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Interlinking results in transforming into a larger, more powerful form that is basically an amplifier of the one taking the reins. Here's what I'd imagine them:
  • Shield + B activates Interlinking with either side.
  • Being Ouroboros only changes Specials, and provides a range and power boost to their normals. (So if Noah's Up Special is Taion's Overfall, then Ouroboros-Noah's Up Special would be his Rolling Smash. Ouroboros-Noah's Side Smash is the same as base Noah's Side Smash.)
  • Ouroboros do not take damage traditionally; all damage is transferred into an Overheat meter. Overheat fills up passively, but can be hastened with damage. A Revenge-boosted Side Smash from Incineroar would instantly max Overheat on hit, for example. An Ouroboros can still take knockback like normal, but they're more difficult to kill because Ouroboros are also heavier than normal.
  • Ouroboros can be deactivated at any time before maximum Overheat, but maxing the Overheat meter will temporarily put Interlinking on a long cooldown.
Okay, let me go with the more boring possibility:
  • Noah & Mix don't change classes at all, but can swap between each other by pressing Shield + B
  • Ouroboros is a Final Smash that changes depending on who you're playing as
Here is something I was thinking which is in line with what Perkilator and Goliso wrote up. I feel this is both an experimental but a balanced gameplay analysis.

Both Noah and Mio had a set of two different specials for both characters while both sharing a "similar Final Smash". Players can swap out much like Perkilator suggested by the shield special. I feel that while this is a bit limiting but they are already varied as it is.

To start things off, the specials will be based on Talent Arts for both characters. One of the Talent Arts can be tied to a meter Interlinking. This is achieved by a down special input once this meter is filled which will give Noah Mio's based out and Mio a Noah based outfit. That being said, that's where the similarities ends as they don't switch classes. Instead, it provides both characters a drastic buff with am amplifier if they can manage to execute combos together as a team. (Again, the character not in use is controlled by a mix of AI and mirroring the players moveset.)

While in Interlock, continuing to do damage as a team will further fill up this meter resulting it entering a burning effect. This allows them to transform into an Ouroboros form which changes all of the Talent Arts for them. Noah and Mio has different forms with different functions. This also causes the teammate character to stop following them obviously as they are fused.

As for the Final Smash, it utilizies the Ouroboros but one of the more powerful arts that is within its toolset.

Yes

I feel this best emulates the gameplay XBC3 had but also keeping Noah and Mio different from Pyra and Mythra.
I will also alter my original submission though to reflect this…
What if we were to go the route of "Super Special Movies" like Terry has. Once we get into the UOuroboros part of the meter and get it filled up, they can perform one of three moves which sees them transform into this form and perform that move and then dissipate which causes the Interlink effect to be removed.
Oruoborus becomes available once it hits a meter. When it does, the duo can use their Interlink meter to utilize one single attack which is mapped to how the original Smash was. Neutral, Down, and Up. If one of those inputs aren’t done after activating this form, it cancels this leaving either one of them vulnerable to attack. It becomes a one hit special attack with high damage and area effect. While in this phase, they are subject to damage but can’t be KO’d. The size is roughly two Mario heads shorter than Demon King Ganon when hunched over.

We will include this in a thread poll.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
In order to get us going on the next job, we will be moving along with Perkilator Perkilator gameplay which was surpsingly brief.

Okay, let me go with the more boring possibility:
  • Noah & Mix don't change classes at all, but can swap between each other by pressing Shield + B
  • Ouroboros is a Final Smash that changes depending on who you're playing as
So with this, it's fairly simple:

Both Noah and Mio have different specials but switching out can be done with Shield + B.

Ouroboros is a Final Smash.

However, Noah and Mio needs to have a different mechanic than Pyra and Mythra so allowing them to in both present on the stage working togther with attacks that correlate together. Perkilator Perkilator , do you want to include an Interlink system with your submission or no. I only ask because that seems to play a pivotal point in the game and would work well for thid team mecmahni

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
In order to get us going on the next job, we will be moving along with Perkilator Perkilator gameplay which was surpsingly brief.

So with this, it's fairly simple:

Both Noah and Mio have different specials but switching out can be done with Shield + B.

Ouroboros is a Final Smash.

However, Noah and Mio needs to have a different mechanic than Pyra and Mythra so allowing them to in both present on the stage working togther with attacks that correlate together. Perkilator Perkilator , do you want to include an Interlink system with your submission or no. I only ask because that seems to play a pivotal point in the game and would work well for thid team mecmahni
I didn’t really think about the Interlink system. I’ve never actually played Xenoblade 3 for myself.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I didn’t really think about the Interlink system. I’ve never actually played Xenoblade 3 for myself.
Would you mind if we included the Interlibk system? They don't need to swap out classes but, rather a buff to both characters once they fill up the Interlink gauge.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
That’s totally fine.
Sounds good!

We will progress to the next step which is...

Moveset submission for Noah and Mio

So, I really want to go into moveset submissions for the two. With that being said, we are developing movesets for our two characters but, with a plethora of moves, Special Moves will be the main focus for this submission. I really want us to figure out these four moves for Noah and Mio plus those Final Smashes.

For further calrification:

Noah
4 Special Moves + Final Smash

Mio
4 Special Moves + Final Smash

Of course, we can submit moves like Smash Attacks, Normals, Throws, etc

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Up Special:
Noah: Overfall
A Master Art from Taion's starting class, the Tactician. Noah summons a swarm of Mondo and uses them to flow upwards causing him to fly upwards and deal several hits of damage, racking up 13% damage in the process. This move kills at 171% damage from center stage and propels Noah 5 Units upwards.
Mio: Ether Cannon
A Master Art from Eunie's starting class, the Medic Gunner. On the ground, Mio uses the gun staff to fire a shot straight ahead that deals 8% damage and very weak knockback, but is about as spammable as Wolf's Neutral B. In the air, Mio aims the staff opposite of the joystick's direction and uses the blast to propel herself in the direction of the joystick.

Neutral Special:
Noah: Overclock Buster
The Swordfighter Talent Art. Noah leaps upwards and performs a spinning downwards slash. There are two hitboxes: the physical part that deals 17% damage and strong knockback along with immense shield break potential, and the heavily-disjointed energy blade it sprouts that deals 12.5% damage and medium knockback. Because Noah is leaping in the air to do this, there is some major risk of SD'ing off-stage when he uses this, similar to Shulk's Back Slash.
Mio: Gemini Strike
The Zephyr Talent Art. Mio will enter a stance and charge ether into her chakrams for a moment before throwing one of her chakrams forwards. Press B within 1 second after throwing and Mio will throw the other. Each chakram deals 9% damage and medium-high knockback on hit. This move also has invulnerability frames leading up to a throw of each chakram, making it a great pseudo-counter.

Down Smash:
Noah: Sword Strike
One of the Arts of his starting class, Swordfighter. Noah leans back while charging a hefty, downwards-angled sword slash in front of himself that deals 17% damage and strong horizontal knockback. Press B while charging to have Mio do her Down Smash instead.
Mio: Wide Slash
One of the Arts of her starting class, Zephyr. Mio crosses her arms with chakrams in hand, then performs a scissor motion that strikes at both sides of her that deals 13% damage and medium horizontal knockback. Press B while charging to have Noah do his Down Smash instead.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hi everyone...

We will be holding onto this job to allow for more time for submissions. We will be moving to....

Noah & Mio Alternate Content

We will be moving to submit content for Noah and Mio. Remember, these are two sets for each category save for Classic Mode routes. You may do up to 6, 3 for one character and 3 for the other.

• Entrance Animation (2 total)
  • Idle Poses (4 total)
  • Taunts (8 total)
  • Victory Poses (6)
  • Kirby Hats (2)
  • Victory Theme (1)
  • Boxing Ring Title (2)
  • Debut Splash Line (2)
  • Classic Mode (1)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Splash Lines:
NOAH Is Off To See Battle!
MIO Rings In!

Victory Animation:

The fighters that were involved in the match are splayed across the ground. Noah & Mio take out their flutes and do their duties as Off-Seers for the fallen foes.

Classic Mode:
Opposing Factions, Come Together: Noah & Mio's opponents are those who were formerly enemies before uniting.
Round 1: :ultinkling:& Octoling (Both species were former enemies, but as of Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion, this has changed drastically)
Round 2: :ultkirby: & :ultkingdedede:(They debuted as rivals, but eventually became friends)
Round 3: :ultfox: & :ultwolf: (Though debut'ing as bitter enemies, their relationship has upgraded to that of a respected rivalry)
BONUS ROUND: Break the Targets
Round 4: :ultpit: & :ultdarkpit: (Dark Pit started as a third party who went his own ways, but has a tense, if still rather peaceful, relationship with his lighter counterpart)
Round 5: :ultpikachu: & :ultmewtwo: (Semi-based on their conflict in the first Pokemon movie: Mewtwo started as an antagonist, with Pikachu on the opposing side. Mewtwo had a change of heart towards the end of the film, however.)
Round 6: :ultmario: & :ultsonic: (A sort of meta take, but Mario & Sonic have had a bitter rivalry since the 90's which eventually evolved to more of a friendship by the 2000's.)
FINAL BOSS: Rugal Bernstein (Represents the behind-the-scenes instigator of Xenoblade Chronicles 3's plot, Moebius)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom