• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Basically, we did really well with three jobs so we will be increasing this slightly in the future. I also plan on us not only submitting, voting, and development one character but several at once. We will have to see how it goes but I hope to start it gradually.
I think that would be a good idea since I'm noticing only a few people are in the Issac discussion. Which is fine-after all, it's not like I have contributed much-but with more characters I honestly think it could boost our efficiency.

Also, I like the idea of a compromise, so I'll go with Option 3 on the Issac voting. I think Dijinn should be in Issac's moveset, but he should be a fairly simple character. He needs to be a character even a Golden Sun fan who's never played Smash Bros could understand.

Option 1: I'll just quote Kalaam Kalaam here since I fully agree with him on this front:

It would take too much control out of the player's hand. If your opponent doesn't play a certain way it can make it harder if not impossible to get the djinns you want. This is too frustrating.
Option 2: Abstain. I don't know enough about Golden Sun to input here. I will say, though, that I think we have more than enough chargeable Neutral Specials but not nearly enough wheel-based Neutral Specials.
Option 3: Yeah, I'd like to see him in.
Option 4: A sharp one I'll leave it up to the Issac fans to discuss that.

Last edited:

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
Option 1 without a doubt. I think Isaac has enough abilities with Venus Psynergy and such to go off of and still make a unique moveset, and I don't think adding the complication of a Djinn system would necessarily be a good representation of the character himself. It might better represent the gameplay of the games, possibly, but I think that would turn him more into a character like Hero, where it would instead be better for him to be like Cloud, if that comparison makes sense (it would make him more an avatar of his series than his actual character).
I also think of him in a similar camp to Ridley, Banjo, K. Rool, etc. and so giving him a similar level of complexity to those characters feels right to me.

As for the questions:
1 & 2: As I choose option 1, these questions are not applicable.
3: I'd prefer if all the costume options were Isaac, which is related to what I've said about his gameplay above, but this is also personal taste.
4: Probably the Gaia Blade, as that was the ultimate weapon of the original Golden Sun. But if that looks too jank, then the same sword as seen in his AT and Mii Costume would suffice. At the very least, he could use the Gaia Blade's unleash, Titan Blade, as an into for his Final Smash.

Paraster

Smash Lord
I vote option 1. I just really like the idea of an earth-themed character, and involving other Djinn would water that down.
As for the questions:
  1. N/A
  2. N/A
  3. Sure.
  4. I think the default Short Sword, especially since I can't find any evidence that any other swords actually have visual designs.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Put my vote down for option 1. Also, here are some answers to your questions.

1. Would it be possible to have the Venus Psyenergy as a default but be able to equip another Psyenergy after fulfilling a certain criteria such as dealing high amounts of damage, getting damaged in return, shielding often, etc? This could reflect how players have to “earn” Djinn they encountered or they had to find them.
I feel like this is the sort of mechanic I've been hoping to avoid, personally. Equipping Djinn mid-fight isn't really how Golden Sun works, and changing the attack effects of your whole moveset - if not the actual attacks themselves - would lead to highly increased development time.

2. What if the player could cycle between a Djinn using the neutral special and then set it which remains in effect until they are KO’d? They can then reset it? Charging up the special will unleash different attacks and fully charging it up will summon a creature?
While I don't think I fully understand your idea here, I think one of the key elements of the Djinn system is that doing stuff with Djinn is powerful, but then you can't use that option later in the fight.

3. How do you guys feel about a Matthew alternate costume for 7-8 or 5-8?
I don't think he would look distinct enough from Isaac.

4. What sword would Isaac use?
Probably the Long Sword (edit: I think that's the weapon you start with). I looked so see what sword the Isaac Assist Trophy used, and... he doesn't actually ever unsheathe it.

Last edited:

Kalaam

Smash Ace
While I don't think I fully understand your idea here, I think one of the key elements of the Djinn system is that doing stuff with Djinn is powerful, but then you can't use that option later in the fight.
I have to disagree here. The rotation of set/use/standby/recovery is a core part of the fights. In smash we can't have actual summons in the moveset, rather be a FS. But we could simplify it to set/use/recovery. Select the djinns in Isaac's loadout (8, which is in line with the game, where you can go up to 9) and use them accordingly, maybe at the cost of suffering a stat decrease for a few seconds.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I'm all for fun mechanics, but I think WarioJim WarioJim put it nicely, where Isaac being closer to Cloud than to Hero is a good direction for him. Plus, he would fall in line with other fan requests since Brawl like Ridley, King K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie. So my vote goes to option 1.
1. Would it be possible to have the Venus Psyenergy as a default but be able to equip another Psyenergy after fulfilling a certain criteria such as dealing high amounts of damage, getting damaged in return, shielding often, etc? This could reflect how players have to “earn” Djinn they encountered or they had to find them.
2. What if the player could cycle between a Djinn using the neutral special and then set it which remains in effect until they are KO’d? They can then reset it? Charging up the special will unleash different attacks and fully charging it up will summon a creature?
These two aren't applicable for me.
Personally, I'd rather have it all be just Isaac with maybe Matthew added as an echo later on, I don't think he lends himself to an alt as well as the Koopalings or Alph does.
I'm not well versed in Golden Sun but I would go with Kalaam Kalaam 's suggestion.

Sorry I haven't been too involved with the creation of Isaac, I just don't know a lot about Golden Sun so it's not really my place to say.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I would like to make this a community effort on deciding which path to take so please ineiciate which one you prefer: Option 1, 2, or 3

In addition, I want to ask these questions:

Been lurking for a while and I love the idea of this thread! So I think I'll stick around.

As for the current topics, I'm option 1 all the way. Isaac doesn't need a gimmick to be unique and showcase what Golden Sun has to offer, so I'd rather have a simple moveset.

To answer Venus' questions:
1. I don't think that would be very representative of GS's gameplay.
3. I don't like alts and Matthew wouldn't be too exciting but he would make sense as one. I'd rather get Felix, unless we're having him as Isaac's Echo.
4. I'd say the Gaia Blade since Sakurai usually gives characters their ultimate weapon.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm gonna go with 1. I've never played Golden Sun, but he doesn't seem like the kind of character who would have a very complex moveset. I also don't think he should have Matthew as an alt, i generally don't like having different characters being alts of eachother. I don't really have anything to be added for anything else.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
My votes on option 1

A djjnn system would feel a bit too tacked on for my tastes. Which I guess would be true to form assuming I found the mechanic tacked on in Golden Sun itself

His psyngery alone can bring more than enough to the table, whilst not being too gimmicky in the process I feel.

Last edited:

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
I'll vote Option 1, since it's the closest to the kind of moveset I tend to think of. I do actually like the idea of a Djinn setting system but only a simple one. Venus Djinn only, maximum 4 Djinn set or on Standby. In my head you could unleash the Djinn for strong Djinn abilities, and they will go onto Standby. The more you standby the more your useful stats go down but it'll let you unleash super specials like Ragnarok in its full glory. But i'm fine with a venus psynergy only fighter, i'd rather that than a multi element djinn fighter.

1. Don't like that idea at all. Doesn't fit the original game mechanics of using what you set out of combat.
2. Sounds too strong or too complicated. Again I'm of the opinion that other elemental djinn should be left out for simplicity.
3. I think Matthew suits perfectly since they're the same height. I like Felix more but he is canonically taller, so they'd probably have to ignore that detail. I'd prefer Felix as an echo for that reason. I don't want him left out though.
4. His basic sword in its red sheathe. He doesn't have to have it out all the time.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It seems to me that Option 1 is what most people want but let’s wait a bit before deciding.

I want to propose something for the thread. We will obviously be including a Golden Sun stage. What if we included this Djinn system within the stage itself? You collect a Djinn and can summon a creature. Stack them and you can summon a strong variant?

I am of the of the opinion if we do give Isaac a Djinn system, it should only be mapped to the neutral special instead all of the specials and, if that is the case, then I would personally prefer only the Venus Psyenergy. If we were to go the Djinn route, this is what I prefer: Go with Kalaam’s idea of cycling between the the Psyenergy using the Neutral Special. Once you pick one, you gotta stick with it until you die and using a Djinn will put it on Standby and can be allowed to summon a creature. This should all be limited to three ranks to give it balance. I’m perfectly fine with this sort of mechanic/gimmick should we choose to go with it. Mapped to all the specials seems way too complicated.

The reason why I asked which sword Isaac would use is because he does have the Sol Blade, a long sword that widens at the base and is yellow in color. This is his strongest sword in the game. should we go with this?

1609454029377.jpeg

when are we going to do more non-Issac stuff? I've never played Golden Sun, so my ability to partake in the discussion is limited.
I want to hammer out Isaac’s gameplay before we jump into the next job but it’s coming soon. Once we conclude Isaac’s moveset, we will jump into the specials and then I will introduce the next job in addition to the moveset one.

Also, Happy New Year from Japan!

Last edited:

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Happy new year !

I think the Sol Blade is more related to Felix and Matthew (tho they don't have the same) and Isaac would rather get the Gaia blade. Just reworked a bit to "fit" in his scabbard.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I really like the stage idea. On the one hand I don't think Isaac needs a Djinn gimmick, but I do think it would be a missed opportunity if they weren't implemented in some form. So that sort of bridges the gap. I'm certainly not opposed to Djinn being part of Isaac's moveset either though. It really just depends on what y'all want him to end up being.

I do think gimmicks have become sort of a maligned thing in Smash, but I don't think they have to be. We just have to be careful that they make sense and aren't added for the sake of it. I think you have to ask is it necessary to rep the character and does it add meaningful (and FUN) gameplay. If no to any of those then a gimmick is probably unnecessary. Otherwise I think it could be a perfectly serviceable option.

But yeah, I do really want Djinn to exist in Smash in some form (more than as just spirits). So count this as a vote in favor of Djinn on stage if nothing else.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So, after much debilitation, I came to a decision regarding the issue with Isaac and using Dijinn or not. This decision came from a collective input from the community and one I also feel is the right direction. We won’t be proceeding forward with Kalaam Kalaam proposal to include all four Dijinn. In addition, I’m going forward with the assumption that we will be including a Dijnn concept in a Golden Sun stage.

From there, we will be begin discussions his Specials and other moves. I don’t intend to create his entire normals but fleshing out the a Smash attacks and another notable attacks I think are important for this section.

I will be posting later on the format on how to discuss the moves.

With the gameplay discussion finished, we can begin moving into discussing his moveset which will focus mostly on his Specials, Smashes, and other notable attacks. As mentioned above, we came to a general compromise that the neutral special can be used to use a Venus Dijnn to utilize an attack so, as default, the neutral special should reflect that. That being said, if you feel you have a far better idea than that, please let us know and perhaps we can figure a way to incorporate it.

Here is the format that we will use for discussing these the specials, smashes, and other notable attacks. If you intend to submit a moveset, please do so this way.

Specials

Neutral Special:
Attack name

Description

Side Special:

Description

Up Special:

Description

Down Special:

Description

Forward Smash:

Description

Up Smash:

Description

Down Smash:

Description

And if you have any notable attacks, they should be included here.

Formatting it with bold and colored text helps when browsing through the thread and helps highlight key points for people. Please provide a concise description of the attack so we can have a better understanding of how it works. Feel free to add damage percentages but, once we finish the moveset, we can start working on the damage percentages for the confirmed moves. Due to time and length, I want to avoid going through the entire normal moveset with attacks like get-up attacks, some of the tilts, aerials, etc. Again, if it’s notable enough, please include it but let’s focus on the major attacks for now.

As for the length of the description, roughly a paragraph should work for most attacks unless there is a notable gimmick or function that needs to be explained further.

Isaac news aside, I do want to announce a few things. First off, this thread has a Twitter lol. I figure it’s good for chronicling it’s history and what not.

Second, the poll concerning the number of newcomers is closing within the hour and it appears that 15 newcomers, which includes Echoes, will appear. This number is not set-in-stone though and, if there aren’t any changes, I can safely say the roster will have between 15-20 newcomers at launch.

Finally, I will officially announce the next job to be completed within the next 24 hours so we can give Isaac Moveset discussion so more spotlight but, with that in mind, I do want to give the general topic of the next job so everyone can start brainstorming. The next job will be to Add a New Game Mode. Story/Adventure-type game modes like World of Light/Adventure/Subspace Emissary/Smash Run. The game mode we will be adding will be more inline with something like Board the Platforms, Homerun Contest, Squad Strike, or something of that nature.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
There were some great special ideas for Isaac so I want the users to bring those back again to use in his moveset. That being said, I feel pretty strongly about two things:

Side Smash: Move

Isaac fires off a large palm-shaped projectile. This smash attack is unique as it doesn’t deal any damage but has above average hitstun. Charging the attack up increases the size of the palm, how far it travels, and the amount of knockback it does as pushes opponents. It can be angered like Mario’s Side Smash.

Grab: Isaac summons the hand again for an extendable grab. Roughly twice the range of Yoshi’s grab. It can’t be used as a tether grab however. One or two throws would use the hand for throwing. Isaac would have strong throwing abilities which goes against Sakurai’s statement in the Sephiroth present that “sword users have weak throws.” Isaac is the exception.

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
So, after much debilitation, I came to a decision regarding the issue with Isaac and using Dijinn or not. This decision came from a collective input from the community and one I also feel is the right direction. We won’t be proceeding forward with Kalaam Kalaam proposal to include all four Dijinn but we will be including the Venus Djinn concept that ahemtoday ahemtoday proposed earlier. Basically, from my understanding of it, the neutral special can forth a Venus Dijnn to produce an attack which then puts the Dijnn on standby. Inputting it again, will initiate a different attack which stock the standby Dijnn by two. If this is done four times, then Isaac can call forth a summon to do an attack. This uses up all the Venus Dijnn and sets the counter back to one. If I am incorrect in this, please feel free to clarify.
I was under the impression that Option 1 specifically meant neither of those 2 things, and Option 1 was the majority. What you're saying sounds like Option 3 instead. As such, the moveset suggestion I'll post will not involve a Djinn mechanic like that whatsoever.

That said, I think posting a gameplan before deciding a moveset collectivley may not be the best way to do it, so I think you should be able to post whatever moveset you prefer regardless. That way, we get more concrete ideas of what directions we could take characters and have more options to choose from when deciding the final moveset together.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Oof, I missed a bit of the action. Seems like the no-gimmicks moveset is what we're going with. I'm fine with that, assuming the Djinn are stage gimmicks like Midgar's summons.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I was under the impression that Option 1 specifically meant neither of those 2 things, and Option 1 was the majority. What you're saying sounds like Option 3 instead. As such, the moveset suggestion I'll post will not involve a Djinn mechanic like that whatsoever.

That said, I think posting a gameplan before deciding a moveset collectivley may not be the best way to do it, so I think you should be able to post whatever moveset you prefer regardless. That way, we get more concrete ideas of what directions we could take characters and have more options to choose from when deciding the final moveset together.

I have to echo the impression that option 1 meant neither of those two things. And I think I would have some understanding of that considering I wrote it.
I was trying to go for more a compromise but I understand your points. We will not be going forth with a Venus Dijnn mechanic. That being said, if you wish to add a moveset including one, please feel free and it will be taken into consideration.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Can I propose how I implemented djinn in my moveset. It's linked to the down special and it's kind of a mix between Hero's spells and Shulk's Monado arts and one of each element will be available. When you press down b you have four djinn to choose from, each functions as unique special attack but gives Isaac just one specific nerf until it recharges again. Using them all at once basically combines all these nerfs together so its wise not to use them all at once. Here's an excerpt on each I included

Flint- This iconic and trustworthy Venus Djinn makes Isaac perform a strong sword strike. After use his fall speed increases

Flint side smash.gif

Fever- A Mars djinn that creates a pillar of fire that will leave enemies in a dizzy state if the sweet spot is hit. After use Isaac becomes slower

Gust- A Jupiter djinn will summon fast bolts with good range. When used Isaac will become lighter and easier to launch

Chill- This Mercury djinn launches a water ball at the enemy in a curved arc which lowers enemy attack power and knockback by 50% when it hits. When used Isaac will also receive reduced attack power and knockback although not as drastic.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Can I propose how I implemented djinn in my moveset. It's linked to the down special and it's kind of a mix between Hero's spells and Shulk's Monado arts and one of each element will be available. When you press down b you have four djinn to choose from, each functions as unique special attack but gives Isaac just one specific nerf until it recharges again. Using them all at once basically combines all these nerfs together so its wise not to use them all at once. Here's an excerpt on each I included

Flint- This iconic and trustworthy Venus Djinn makes Isaac perform a strong sword strike. After use his fall speed increases

Flint side smash.gif

Fever- A Mars djinn that creates a pillar of fire that will leave enemies in a dizzy state if the sweet spot is hit. After use Isaac becomes slower

Gust- A Jupiter djinn will summon fast bolts with good range. When used Isaac will become lighter and easier to launch

Chill- This Mercury djinn launches a water ball at the enemy in a curved arc which lowers enemy attack power and knockback by 50% when it hits. When used Isaac will also receive reduced attack power and knockback although not as drastic.

You can submit a moveset that includes Djinn but I can’t guarantee it will be chosen. We will once again be choosing which attacks to go with for the special but any input is appreciated.

Im still hammering about the specifics of this thread and how we go about voting for things so I apologize if this is all still kind of rough around the edges. Isaac was a good way to test the waters and I’m planning on fine tuning the format.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
So, after much debilitation, I came to a decision regarding the issue with Isaac and using Dijinn or not. This decision came from a collective input from the community and one I also feel is the right direction. We won’t be proceeding forward with Kalaam Kalaam proposal to include all four Dijinn. In addition, I’m going forward with the assumption that we will be including a Dijnn concept in a Golden Sun stage.

From there, we will be begin discussions his Specials and other moves. I don’t intend to create his entire normals but fleshing out the a Smash attacks and another notable attacks I think are important for this section.

I will be posting later on the format on how to discuss the moves.

With the gameplay discussion finished, we can begin moving into discussing his moveset which will focus mostly on his Specials, Smashes, and other notable attacks. As mentioned above, we came to a general compromise that the neutral special can be used to use a Venus Dijnn to utilize an attack so, as default, the neutral special should reflect that. That being said, if you feel you have a far better idea than that, please let us know and perhaps we can figure a way to incorporate it.

Here is the format that we will use for discussing these the specials, smashes, and other notable attacks. If you intend to submit a moveset, please do so this way.

Specials

Neutral Special:
Attack name

Description

Side Special:

Description

Up Special:

Description

Down Special:

Description

Forward Smash:

Description

Up Smash:

Description

Down Smash:

Description

And if you have any notable attacks, they should be included here.

Formatting it with bold and colored text helps when browsing through the thread and helps highlight key points for people. Please provide a concise description of the attack so we can have a better understanding of how it works. Feel free to add damage percentages but, once we finish the moveset, we can start working on the damage percentages for the confirmed moves. Due to time and length, I want to avoid going through the entire normal moveset with attacks like get-up attacks, some of the tilts, aerials, etc. Again, if it’s notable enough, please include it but let’s focus on the major attacks for now.

As for the length of the description, roughly a paragraph should work for most attacks unless there is a notable gimmick or function that needs to be explained further.

Isaac news aside, I do want to announce a few things. First off, this thread has a Twitter lol. I figure it’s good for chronicling it’s history and what not.

Second, the poll concerning the number of newcomers is closing within the hour and it appears that 15 newcomers, which includes Echoes, will appear. This number is not set-in-stone though and, if there aren’t any changes, I can safely say the roster will have between 15-20 newcomers at launch.

Finally, I will officially announce the next job to be completed within the next 24 hours so we can give Isaac Moveset discussion so more spotlight but, with that in mind, I do want to give the general topic of the next job so everyone can start brainstorming. The next job will be to Add a New Game Mode. Story/Adventure-type game modes like World of Light/Adventure/Subspace Emissary/Smash Run. The game mode we will be adding will be more inline with something like Board the Platforms, Homerun Contest, Squad Strike, or something of that nature.
Are you saying that mode suggestion types are limited to modes similar to past content in the series, or can completely new ideas be presented?

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Would another battle mode count? Something like time, stock, coin, etc.
Are you saying that suggestion types are limited to modes similar to past content in the series, or can completely new ideas be presented?
Preferribly an entire new game mode, not a different battle mode. I will specify the requirements, sorry. I’m a little under the weather right now.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sooo, when will we move on from Isaac? Just curious.
I think for our next character, we will just spend time on the entire character rather then segment it into sections. I’ve been trying to go through with this in a more detailed, serious manner but perhaps something a bit more lighthearted and less intensive is needed.

That being said, we can move onto our next job. This will naturally run on current with Isaac discussion.

Job #2: Create a new Game Mode

Each Smash games adds in a new game mode so let’s start creating one for the sequel.

Requirements
  1. Must have single player or multiplayer variants
  2. Can’t be an Adventure or Story Mode aka SSE or WoL
    It can’t be a battle mode like Stamina or Coins. We will cover that later.
  3. It doesn’t have to have online capabilities.
I am going to post mine as well as my Isaac moveset post which will contain content from within this thread. Most likely, for the sake of time, I will also be opening other Isaac content like taunts and classic mode routes to be discussed.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here is mine...

Game Mode

Name
: Capture the Flag
# of Players: 6 or 8
Teams: Yes, 3x3 or 4x4
Online: No
Stages: All are available
Time Limit: 3 minutes ~ infinite

The first player to grab the flag in the middle of the stage most hold onto it for a minute to get a point. It’s the team members responsibility to protect the flag holder. Once the point is obtained, a new flag will respawn. It’s impossible to attack, shield, or dodge while holding the flag. Getting KO’d gives the flag to the person who KO’d them and resets the timer.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Requoting my previous post regarding Isaac's moveset
Alright, Isaac ideas.

Being a young Venus Adept, Isaac would be a grounded fighter who specializes in controlling the battlefield. His attacks would either go towards the earth or come from it. Aside from some unique quirks to a couple of his moves, Isaac is a mostly simple character
  • Jab, tilts, and dash attack use his sword.
  • Smashes use Psynergy
    • Forward smash is Ragnarok; Isaac creates a large energy blade around his sword and swings it down.
    • Up smash is Punji, a thrust of bamboo shoots.
    • Down smash is Nettle, a series of thorny vines around Isaac. Multi-hitting move
  • Aerials are clunky due to Isaac being out of his element, but are strong and can deal heavy damage in the enemy isn't careful.
    • Forward aerial has Isaac stab his sword down in front of himself; Like Hero's down air, but in from instead of directly below.
    • Up aerial is an awkward upward strike with the hilt; The attack isn't towards the ground and it doesn't come from it, making it Isaac's worst move
    • Down aerial is a vine that deals low damage, but is quick and acts as a tether if it hits the ground, much like the Belmont's whip. Mainly used to get Isaac back on the ground.
  • Grab uses Catch Psynergy and throws use various other Utility Psynergies.
  • Neutral Special is Gaia, a surge of rocks from the ground. Charging it turns it into Mother Gaia, and charging it further leads to Grand Gaia.
  • Side Special is Move; Similar to his Assist Trophy, but obviously toned down in size for balancing purposes.
  • Up Special is Growth, causing vines to sprout out around Isaac. In the air, it creates a plant underneath Isaac instead, acting as recovery.
  • Down Special is Quake, a quick burst that trips up the opponent. Can be charged to increase the radius and damage.
    • In the air, it becomes Spire, a large stalactite sent plummeting downwards. Similar to Mega Man's down aerial.
  • Final Smash is Judgement, a cinematic attack based on the original animation.
For a unique mode...

Item Smash
In this mode, your attacks deal no damage. Maybe they can have some knockback, but they can't deal any damage. Instead, you have to rely on the items that spawn around the stage.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I think for our next character, we will just spend time on the entire character rather then segment it into sections. I’ve been trying to go through with this in a more detailed, serious manner but perhaps something a bit more lighthearted and less intensive is needed.
I don't mind the lengthy process for the characters, I just don't like how it's just them. If you aren't familliar with their series, there isn't really much you can do. Side content like stages and items going at the same time would help.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I don't mind the lengthy process for the characters, I just don't like how it's just them. If you aren't familliar with their series, there isn't really much you can do. Side content like stages and items going at the same time would help.
Totally understand. My big worry was that during the assist trophy submissions, those drowned out the Isaac discussion so it’s balance between the two.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Boss Battles
This mode, this time around, has two new mini-modes:
  • Boss Vault: Take on any boss you want with any character you want whenever you want
  • Boss Gauntlet: Take on every boss all at once for the best time possible; difficulty options are Normal, Hard, and Intense
    • The first tier sees you taking on Giga Bowser, Galleom, Rathalos and Galeem
    • The second tier sees you taking on Ganon, Marx, Dracula and Dharkon
    • The last bit sees you taking on
      Master Hand.png
      Crazy Hand.png
      both at once, and then Galeem and Dharkon both at once
    • Like in Boss Battles from Brawl, you have limited healing resources (those being three Heart Containers)

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Developer Mode Suggestion: Smash The Target (not to be mistaken with "Break The Targets")

Smash The Target will be a mode where you pick a character, and are to smash a car. There will be a stage of this in an enclosed location which allows up to 4 players, but only 1 is needed.
There are 2 modes in this mode, smashing and free play.

Smashing: you must smash the car in a specified time. Also has 5 difficulties, adding up 50% of damage needing to be done each (i.e. Hardest stage requiring 500% damage, easiest stage requires 250% damage)
Free play: you can beat up the car without worrying about actually breaking it, without a time limit, and can even add items.

And yeah, this is basically just the bonus game from Street Fighter.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
My game mode suggestion is called "Smash Race." It can be played solo or on multiplayer. There would be a number of stages dedicated to this mode. The objective, as the name suggests, is to race each opposing character or team to a finish line. All along the way, obstacles, hazards, and attacks from hostile and player characters impede the player's progress, making it a battle race. To limit the cramped-screen problem, it would intuitively be best for each stage to be side-scrolling.

Now I know what you are thinking. "I could play with who I like and get looked down upon by other players when I lose (thinking about Ganondorf), or I could take Sonic and win every time." To address this, some obstacles include destructible walls, and many hazards would make it risky to use some characters' speed to their maximum, unbalanced potential. That aside, other players will be lining themselves up to attack you, making the game very strategic and competitive. Some obstacles and interaction objects could be used to your advantage by sneakily getting in your opponents way. The list could go on.

I was heavily inspired by a certain mode in Sonic Heroes, but I think it would make a great change of 'pace' for a Smash Bros. game mode.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Here is mine...

Game Mode

Name
: Capture the Flag
# of Players: 6 or 8
Teams: Yes, 3x3 or 4x4
Online: No
Stages: All are available
Time Limit: 3 minutes ~ infinite

The first player to grab the flag in the middle of the stage most hold onto it for a minute to get a point. It’s the team members responsibility to protect the flag holder. Once the point is obtained, a new flag will respawn. It’s impossible to attack, shield, or dodge while holding the flag. Getting KO’d gives the flag to the person who KO’d them and resets the timer.
I'm an idiot, it took me 12 hours to realize there's really not that much overlap. disregard this post.
aqua.PNG
My idea was generally the same idea, but labeled as a battle mode named "Defense Smash". I'll post it for the sake of convinience while i think of something else
Joining stock and time is a new way to fight: a defense battle, based on “King of the Hill”). A random space on the stage is given a glowing effect (this glowing effect is about the same size as the area a healing field). If a fighter enters this field, a timer by their stock icon starts ticking down. If it goes down to zero, they win. The amount of time on the timer can be chosen. If that fighter gets knocked out of the glowing area, the timer starts ticking back up, while the other fighter’s goes down (assuming they stay in the glowing area). The game doesn’t end until one character/team’s timer goes down to zero, there are infinite stocks and can't go to time
For the sake of balance, a few characters have move set alterations for balance in this mode. For example, Steve can’t build blocks inside or in a three block perimeter of the glowing area, Kacling is removed from Hero’s Down B selections, and projectiles as a whole make the opponent launch much less (when fired from the character inside of the glowing area). Traveling stages remain static.
Defense1.png

Defense2.png

Defense3.png

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
New Mode: Classic Creator

Every character in Ultimate has their own classic mode, and that's cool! That being said, the replay value is a bit lacking, because it's the same thing over and over again. The easy solution is to just make Classic Mode random again, but I'm going in the opposite direction: creating your own custom, Ultimate-esque paths.

Classic Modes are rather simple to create. Before anything, you must name it and decide if it's specific to a character or a mii, or if the whole cast can play on it. After that, you're free to customize the seven battles to your heart's content. You can choose what stage the fight is on, the background music, what items spawn, what fighters appear, and how many fighters there are (you can select up to 10, with 5 or more foes treated as a horde battles. You can also give your characters the Metal, Mega, and Mini effects). It's highly recommended that the last fight is a boss, but an earlier fight can be made a boss or the seventh could just be a regular one. After the Classic Mode is created, it appears in a menu where it can be selected from other created classic modes. These are treated as regular classic modes, you can do co-op, use tickets, and get spirits. You can upload them to the internet, and play ones from online (no download required, unless a custom stage is involved). If the mode is exclusive to a character you haven't unlocked/bought, you can't play it, but you still can if there's one as a CPU in the mode. Additionally, if it's tied to a Mii that's been uploaded to the internet, downloading that mii will also give you the classic mode.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Throwing my hat into the ring for a new possible mode:

Smash Dungeon
Somewhat based on the "Tower of Smash" leak for Smash 4 many years back, this would be a single or multiplayer mode in a similar vein to Smash Run and Smash Tour, essentially being a replacement for both. It's a roguelike mode in which you and other players must battle your way through randomly-generated floors, defeating enemies to collect items before making your way to the boss of each floor. Items are similar to those found in Smash Tour, but grant you permanent passive buffs. These can be collected by defeating enemies, clearing challenging platforming sections, out on the ground, or shopping at vendors you can find on every floor. Enemies encountered hail from various Nintendo franchises like Smash Run, and also reintroduces the Subspace Army as foes you can fight. Bosses are also randomly generated, some that are also encountered in Classic Mode, others completely unique to Smash Dungeon. The dungeons can also be themed after various series, such as Mario castles, The Legend of Zelda temples, Eggman's bases from Sonic, dungeons from Persona, and many more. There would also be options, such as a difficulty setting for enemies, a slider for how often they spawn, how often power-ups appear, how many floors there are or if it's endless and players play to see how far they go, etc. Lastly, there would also be online play, allowing players to create rooms like Battle Arenas and play the mode together.

The only issue I can see with this is the multiplayer aspect when playing on one Switch, but I'm sure there can be workarounds for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom