• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Job #1 is...
We're actually replacing every single character in Smash Infinite with 100+ differently colored versions of Gex. Examples include Red Gex, Blue Gex, Green Gex, etc. We will start with solid colors in the earlier jobs, then move on to more complex designs such as striped and polka dotted Gexes (for example, Red and Blue striped Gex, or Black Gex with White Polka dots) once most of the solid colors are added.

Since this is the first job, we'll start simple. Pick three solid colors of Gex to occupy character spots #1, #2, and #3, formerly held by Mario, DK, and Link.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Welcome to Project Phoenix

Nearly three years ago, Super Smash Bros. Infinite was developed for what was to be the sequel to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and began with the idea of setting the benchmark even higher than before. The idea was to include as much content in order to bring the dreams of wishes of fans to life. What resulted was far beyond the scope of what the development team had originally envisioned. Throughout the base game plus the DLC development, Super Smash Bros. Infinite, saw the inclusion of 118 characters into a single game, over 60 stages, and countless new items, Spirits, Music, and more. Truly, this was the epitome of what could be included and far outstretched the capabilities of the development team. While it was a long and arduous process, Infinite became the benchmark for all Smash titles and one that many thought would never be topped.

However, it is our job to provide the fans of Super Smash Bros. with a new generation of consoles and a unique experience. Our job is to take Infinite and make it even better. Yes, it is a port but as Smash continues to redefine itself, we too will continue to redefine what Smash is. We will be taking Infinite and creating a fun and exciting port that, in appearance and function, is similar to Infinite but does what Smash does and creates some magic.

Our goal is to add some new content to Super Smash Bros. Infinite. In terms of what the port will do to set itself apart from the rest of the Smash franchise, you will have to wait and see...

Job #1: Create a Name for our Port that includes Infinite

The rules for this job are that it must include the word "infinite" but it cannot include the word "Deluxe". The word chosen must reinforce the idea of "Phoenix".

Discussion Round Table #1: How much Content should we Include
Our focus is to keep the package small and tight; seeing as how the past DLC will be included in our package. In this Discussion Round Table, how much of the following content should we include:
  • Characters​
  • Stages​
  • Items​
  • Assist Trophies​
  • Pokemon​
  • Bosses​
  • Boss Sphere​
  • Mii Costumes​
The idea is to keep the numbers condensed and manageable to keep within port standards.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The word chosen must reinforce the idea of "Phoenix".
Super Smash Bros. Infinite: KFC Edition

May not reinforce "phoenix" specifically, but it does reinforce the idea of "birds burning".

OK, jokes aside, how about

Super Smash Bros. Infinite: Rebound
Doesn't feel as pretentious as "resurrection" or "revival", and is a term commonly used in sports.

Last edited:

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
Since I don't have ideas for the name, I'll just share my thoughts on the new content.
I think around 3-4 characters would be realistic, maybe an extra echo just for fun, character choices could go crazy so better keep it low.
Stages I would say are complicated, if we add new franchises with characters, its obvious they should get a stage, besides that maybe like 4-5 new stages would be great.
For assists and mii costumes I would say rather than quantity we should look at important/requested characters that dont have an important role (For example somebody like Chell or Spyro could be great assists/costumes)
For Items, Bosses, Pokemon or Modes just add a few of each to make everything cooler.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 1:

Super Smash Bros Infinite: Resurge

It just sounds neat in my book even though others have better titles.

As for new content, I agree with Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom in terms of the new fighters being capped at 5 new ones.

I feel we should have 5/6 new stages (some without a fighter representing them if it's a new franchise). Alongside this, I agree with PastaRorroKuma PastaRorroKuma on everything else.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros Infinite: Capital of Arizona

Super Smash Bros Infinite: Runback

When two tournament players must compete for a second time during a bracket, it's called a runback. Makes sense for the phoenix (running it back at life pretty much) and is a nice nod to our most dedicated fans.

I think we should return with 5 characters and at least 10 stages.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Super Smash Bros Infinite Deluxe

Also for how much new content…
15 fighters, 5 of those being echos (to make it more manageable and easier for developmental time), 2 being semi echoes and 2 (including an echo) being Pokémon.
16 stages (3 returning from previous smash games)
26 Pokeball pokémon (One earlier one being promoted to playable, includes 3 Pokémon from previous smash games and no new Pokémon from Kanto)
20 new items
26 assist trophies (includes 3 returning assists)
2 new bosses and boss spheres
30 new Mii costumes

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job #1: Super Smash Bros Infinite Rematch
A little generic I know, but I'm just trying to shake that rust off here. Would've called it something a lot more wild like "Infinite Re:Vigor" or "Infinite Samsara", but I dunno how much of a hit it would be.

5 new fighters sounds good to me...maybe 6 including Master Hand, which we agreed on last time. Also 5 stages for each new fighter sounds fair too. Maybe 10 new items too? I say we keep the number of Pokemon, Assist Trophies and Bosses low considering this is meant to be a rerelease and not an entirely new game altogether. As for the Mii Costumes, a few here and there wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Super Smash Bros Infinite Deluxe

Also for how much new content…
15 fighters, 5 being echos and 2 (including an echo) being Pokémon.
16 stages (3 returning from previous smash games)
26 Pokeball pokémon (One earlier one being promoted to playable, includes 3 Pokémon from previous smash games and no new Pokémon from Kanto)
20 new items
26 assist trophies (includes 3 returning assists)
2 new bosses and boss spheres
30 new Mii costumes
Did you not read my post?

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Oh crap. It's on!

Also I wanna say around 6 or 7 new characters with least ten new stages.

I think having a little more room could make way for characters that couldn't been included in the past can now try again with one last chance.

Maybe we should include 2 more bosses too. One should be an original final boss that we could come up with.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Super Smash Bros Infinite: Redux
i hope this name does not feel similar to Deluxe

For Characters, I think depending on how much of the number we haven't reached yet, we should fill them in with some characters without extended the roster far enough.

For Stages, i say we should continue adding new stages for newer franchises with characters while also including stages from newer titles for some of the most well known series' in smash

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'd say 7 newcomers total wouldn't be too difficult, especially if one or two were echoes. But those characters need to prioritize popular characters, characters who barely missed out first time, and new iconic faces. No lol random stuff, no obscure stuff, and still no non-videogame IP.

Stagewise, obviously any new series need to get a stage, but we should also try to give some big new games some love too. Super Mario Wonder, Scarlet & Violet, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Metroid Dread, Tears of the Kingdom etc. all deserve at least a stage to represent. 10-12 new stages doesn't seem like too much to me.

Any new series should also get an assist trophy, of course, but beyond that, I think a handful, 6-8 new items would be sufficient. Obviously Scarlet and Violet and Legends Arceus introduced new Pokemon, so maybe 6-8 new assist trophies and the same for Pokeballs.

New bosses I think are completely unnecessary but if we must, limit it to 2.

And maybe one new costume for each new character, so 7. If you want an even number round it to 8.

Maybe we could add a new single player mode or minigame mode?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom