• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So, I am still waiting for NeiR Automata Spirits to fill in but, like Pasta mention,ed we will still ned to sdo Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Spirits. I still woiuld like to get a good list going for our list of Spirits but if we don't get anything more, I will fill in th elist and do my best getting Spirits done.

I will also be openiong up for Xenblade Chronicles 3 Spirits.
Been waiting a long time for this.
1670782345459.png
1670782306921.png
Lanz & Sena (Xenoblade Chronicles 3)
Class: Ace
Type: Attack Primary, 2 Slots
Effect: Enhanceable at Lvl. 99
Puppet Fighters: :ultganondorf:, :ultpyra:
Stage: Aionios (Aetia)
Music: You Will Know Our Names - Finale
Match: HP (200HP, 1 Stock)
Conditions:
  • The enemy is armed with a Hammer (Pyra)
  • The enemy is armed with an Armorslayer (Ganondorf)
  • The enemy gains Instant Final Smash
1670782362393.png
1670782388575.png
Lanz & Sena (Ouroboros) (Xenoblade Chronicles 3)
Class: Legend
Type: Attack Primary, 3 Slots
Effect: Armor Knight
1670782409883.png
1670782460558.png
Eunie & Taion (Xenoblade Chronicles 3)
Type: Defense Primary, 2 Slots
Effect: Enhanceable at Lvl. 99
Puppet Fighters: :ultpalutena:, Isaac
Music: You Will Know Our Names - Finale
Conditions:
  • The enemy heals over time
  • The enemy is armed with a Staff (Palutena)
  • Enemy Assist Trophy (Space Invaders)
1670782520367.png
1670782531583.png
Eunie & Taion (Ouroboros) (Xenoblade Chronicles 3)
Class: Legend
Type: Defense Primary, 2 Slots
Effect: Autoheal
1670782567057.png
1670782574406.png
Zeon & Teach (Xenoblade Chronicles 3)
Class: Advanced
Type: Defense Support, 2 Slots
Effect: Healing Shield
Puppet Fighters: :ulthero4:, Leon
Music: A Formidable Enemy
Conditions:
  • The enemy has armor (Hero)
  • The enemy is armed with Goku’s Staff (Leon)
  • The enemy heals over time

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
We would have a full detailed story with more then 100 characters. But I think its best to leave it up to interpation on what happens.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Then what's the point in making it
So we can say we have an Adventure Mode.

I didn't feel like taking on months of work for something that brings in like only 2 people.

Wishing Stars is all but closed up for content as it was apart of our launched product.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Trying to write quality stories, especially with pre-existing characters, is notoriously more difficult than any of the other game design we've done in this thread. There's a good reason why Sakurai hasn't bothered with it since Brawl, since the effort took up the development time that could have been dedicated to multiple new characters, and as the roster expanded, it became even more difficult.

One really only needs to look at the state of most internet fanfiction and notice the degeneration of brain cells that occurs when you subject yourself to that excrement, to realize that trying to write a story mode with this large of a roster has a much higher chance of degrading the overall quality of the thread rather than raising it. The amount of users that were interested in investing so much time in it, proportional to the effort it would take and drama it would generate really would not be worth it. Some of us in the thread are stressed enough as is.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The convergence of highly contrasting fandoms is a big issue for a story mode - a story needs a tone, a multiplayer game doesn't - so you'll end up having giant fistfights over whether to lean towards comedy, shonen, high fantasy, horror, sports, so on, if doing a collaborative fan-made storymode - likely a lot worse than most Infinite fistfights given how fragile a story is structurally compared to a fighting game's roster. SSE already pissed off a fair share of fandoms (Mother 3, Gyromite, and WarioWare fans to name 3) with its' plot, so putting third parties - a lot of which are known for their lore specifically - into the mix is a recipe for disaster even in obscure fanfiction only known to an odd 20 something people.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Maybe we should make a separate creation thread for it considering how much of a workload that is.
Considering we already launched the project, I am inclined to not do this. That being said, personally, I have zero interest in heading it up nor working on it. If you guys want to, feel free but I won't be involved with the process.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Anemone (NieR:Automata)
Class: Advanced
Type: Support 1 Slot
Effect: Ranged attack damage up
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultzss:
  • Stage: Green Hill Zone
  • Music Track: Ray of light
  • Match: 1 stock
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy likes to use neutral special
    • The enemies ranged attacks deal more damage
Pascal (NieR:Automata)
Type: Support 1 Slot
Effect: Made Of Metal
  • Puppet Fighter: Yellow ROB
  • Stage: Hanenbow
  • Music Track: Birth Of A Wish
  • Match: 1 stock, 1:00 minute
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy tends to avoid battle

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok everyone, I feel enough time has passed for Spirit submissions. I am opening the poll at the top of the thread to decide our NeiR Automata based Costumes. Since this is the last of our Mii Costume bundkles, I am doing the opposite for what we got to Sora's DLC and going full ham with thirteen total. Mii Costumes.

We do have a feel veteran costumes to perhaps plug into but we do need a Neir Automata Costume.

The top poll will be between:

Which Mii Costume should we include?

1. Only 2A
  2. Only 9S
  3. Both of them

This is because both characters could technically fit in as an Assist trophy and,w hile Pacal certainly fits the bill, his passive nature might be at odds in becoming a Mii Brawler.

So, if we go with the third option, we have 11 other Mii Costumes to add.

On top of that....

Submit a Drakengard/NeiR Mii Costume

We will be accepting a single Mii Costume from either the series Drakengard which proceeded NeiR or NeiR itself with Neir Gestalt or NeiR Replica. As per usual, please provide the class of Mii Costume and how the weapon may be changed based on the character. Furthermore, please identify why this character should be included as a Mii Costume.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1670898624640.png

Brother Nier (Swordfighter)
The titular protagonist of NieR Replicant and its remake NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139..., and one of two known versions of the character, the other being an older, more grizzled version called "Father Nier". In Smash, Brother Nier's costume is for the Swordfighter, with a white flowing head of hair for his wig and his outfit from Act II as the chosen outfit.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Zero (Drakengard)
Zero appears a Mii Swordfighter with a slightly altered outfit with the abdomen portion being less open and clevage removed due to an underclothe. Zero comes from Drakengard which is a precursor to NeiR and apart of a shared yet extremely diconnected universe. I don't know why but Zero has a character design has always intrigued me and I think having an flower over an Mii eye to be a really fun idea.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I forgot to post the results of our NeiR Automata Dungeon + Boss

Name2 Votes1 VoteResults
Copied City4 (8)08
Abandoned Factory2 (4)15
Marx & Engels2 (4)15
Grun4 (8)08

Copied City and Grun will be out representatives for NeiR Automata Smash Dungeon!

We will begin voting for a NeiR or Drakengard Mii Costume. Thank you to everyone who submittted content. Here are the submissions:

Emil Head Hat

View attachment 364996
Brother Nier (Swordfighter)
The titular protagonist of NieR Replicant and its remake NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139..., and one of two known versions of the character, the other being an older, more grizzled version called "Father Nier". In Smash, Brother Nier's costume is for the Swordfighter, with a white flowing head of hair for his wig and his outfit from Act II as the chosen outfit.

Zero (Drakengard)
Zero appears a Mii Swordfighter with a slightly altered outfit with the abdomen portion being less open and clevage removed due to an underclothe. Zero comes from Drakengard which is a precursor to NeiR and apart of a shared yet extremely diconnected universe. I don't know why but Zero has a character design has always intrigued me and I think having an flower over an Mii eye to be a really fun idea.
While Emil is technically from Automata which is something I want to avoid, Emil is an ongoing element of the series since the start hence why I decided to keep it.

Please go here to vote

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be doing two jobs at once this time around…

Submit a Square-Enix Character for a Mii Costume

This character can be from Final Fantasy or Dagon Quest but the character most be fully apart of Square-Enix; not a subsidiary or anything of that nature.

Submit a Festive or Winter Mii Costume

We already have a Festve Elf Costume but considering Christmas is around the corner and our bundle will release around a Christmas time, I think a festive or winter-oriented character is appropriate.

Winter-themed mii costume submission:
Snowman (Mii Brawler/Swordfighter)
1671032364639.png
As a Mii costume, it would consist of:
Headgear: Snowman head
Outfit: Snowman's body (Also the limbs are made out of snow)
Fists: It's red gloves (pictured above)
Sword: It's broom

I feel that Snowman mii costume would be fun idea since many kids love to build the snowman and Smash is for good boys and girls.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Square Submission:
1671036249504.png

Akira Tadokoro (Brawler)
The protagonist of the "Near Future" Chapter of Live A Live, also known as "The Outsider". The Mii Brawler gains a wig based on the character as well as the leather gear the protagonist is known for. On female characters, this also has a sarashi across the chest area.

Winter-Themed Submission:
1671036332948.png

Krampus (Mii Swordfighter)
The darker German counterpart to Santa Claus. In Smash, the Mii Swordfighter gains facial hair and horns for the headwear while his body consists of a fur pelt and goat legs. The sword is that bundle of reeds in his hand.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Square Costume: Noctis (Swordfighter)

Based on Noctis Lucius Caelum, the main protagonist of FFXV. Miis would have the Sword of the Father equipped.

Christmas Costume: Nutcracker (Brawler)

In addition to sporting some regal getup and a long white beard and hair, the Mii's skin would appear wooden.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Aya Brea
Parasite Eve

Aya Brea is the protaganist from the Parasite Eve series. I chose this outfit as her opera dress, while iconic, wouldn't make a good outfit for a Mii Costume IMO. I felt her Third Birthday outfit to be the better fit. She is a Mii Gunner.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Aya Brea
Parasite Eve

Aya Brea is the protaganist from the Parasite Eve series. I chose this outfit as her opera dress, while iconic, wouldn't make a good outfit for a Mii Costume IMO. I felt her Third Birthday outfit to be the better fit. She is a Mii Gunner.
Parasite Eve started out as a book though, doesn’t that make her ineligible?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Lo
Check it: we're in this Iceberg video!
l

Fun fact: I’ve been instrumental in pushing for the April fool jokes subjects for like five of them. I constantly pushed for Shaq, Crash, Reggie, Ridley, DBZ, and Nick. If I recall, all but Crash and Reggie were ones that were my idea. Basically consists of myself lobbying the Staff section for April fool themes for a full year. I’ve been quiet for this year though.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok sorry everyone. I ahve been tremendusly busy these past few days with both work, personal stuff, and my own projects. Lately, I have been very burnt out on everyday life and mixed in with, well, personal mental health issues so I have been focusing on things that brings me joy in my life. Once such thing is art and so I have jumped back into making art which, in reality, are simple doodles but they still make me happy when I can sit down and let creativity flow. I felt having personal benchmarks and projects that do not coincide with things that stress me out to be beneficial. Now, I am not saying thi sproject stresses me out but I have been running it for two years now. I am focusing on things that I haven't done in ages that once brought me happiness. I know this is fairly long winded and probably not neccessary but this helps me sort through my feelings and further reinforces my desire to focus on my own health and wellbeing.

Here are the results of our voting! Thank you to everyone who voted!!

Name2 Points1 PointTotal
Emil Mask2 (4)04
Brother Neir1 (2)24
Zero2 (4)37

Zero from Drakengard III will be featured as a Mii Costume and apart of 2B's Mii Costume wave!

Here are the submissions for Square-Enix and Holiday Mii Costumes!

View attachment 365093
Crono (Swordfighter)

A farily popular character request from what is often considered one of the greatest games ever.

View attachment 365094
Santa Claus (Brawler)

Very surprised we haven't done this yet.
Winter-themed mii costume submission:
Snowman (Mii Brawler/Swordfighter)
View attachment 365095
As a Mii costume, it would consist of:
Headgear: Snowman head
Outfit: Snowman's body (Also the limbs are made out of snow)
Fists: It's red gloves (pictured above)
Sword: It's broom

I feel that Snowman mii costume would be fun idea since many kids love to build the snowman and Smash is for good boys and girls.
Square Submission:
View attachment 365097
Akira Tadokoro (Brawler)
The protagonist of the "Near Future" Chapter of Live A Live, also known as "The Outsider". The Mii Brawler gains a wig based on the character as well as the leather gear the protagonist is known for. On female characters, this also has a sarashi across the chest area.

Winter-Themed Submission:
View attachment 365098
Krampus (Mii Swordfighter)
The darker German counterpart to Santa Claus. In Smash, the Mii Swordfighter gains facial hair and horns for the headwear while his body consists of a fur pelt and goat legs. The sword is that bundle of reeds in his hand.
Square Enix Mii Costume: Dragonlord (Gunner)
Square Enix

Terra Branford (Swordfighter)

A swordfighter outfit based on Terra from FF6.

Festive

Reindeer (Brawler)

SLEEPHERO Adult Onesie for Men Adult Christmas Onesies Novelty Holiday Onesie Christmas Pajamas

A reindeer outfit based on the reindeer that carry Santa's sleigh.
Square Costume: Noctis (Swordfighter)

Based on Noctis Lucius Caelum, the main protagonist of FFXV. Miis would have the Sword of the Father equipped.

Christmas Costume: Nutcracker (Brawler)

In addition to sporting some regal getup and a long white beard and hair, the Mii's skin would appear wooden.
Aya Brea
Parasite Eve

In list form....

Square-Enix
  • Chrono Mii Swordfighter from Chrono Trigger
  • Akira Tadokoro Mii Brawler from Live a Live
  • Dragonlord Mii Gunner from Dragon Quest
  • Terra Bradford Mii Swordfighter from Final Fantasy
  • Noctis Mii Swordifghter from Final Fantasy
  • Aya Brea Mii Gunner from Parasite Eve

Holiday Costumes
  • Santa Cluas Mii Brawler
  • Snowman Mii Brawler/Swordfighter
  • Krampus Mii Swordfighter
  • Reindeer Mii Brawler
  • Nutcracker Mii Brawler
  • Christmas Tree Mii Brwaler
I added the final one.

PLEASE USE THIS LINK TO VOTE!!!!

Please submit a Character who has Constantly been a Popular Submitted Character

We have our final character for DLC so really there is nothing left to lose. Submit a character who has constantly done well for themselves in terms of submission but never cinched victory. As per usual, please provide the class and how that mii costume may change the weapon they use.

Spyro
Ryu Hayabusa
Jonesy
Nahobino
Ezio
Geralt
Artoria Pendragon
Penguin (Club Penguin)

Basically we are looking to confirm a popular character as a Mii Costume and include them in our roster of Mii Costumes instead of not appearing at all.

Due to Scorpion being a Mii Costume, I will disallow Sub-zero despite getting submitted previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom