• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
My final Red submissions
Up Special
Egg Bomb
Red rides Matilda who shoots an egg downards lauching the two upwards as a form of recovery, in this state Red is still riding her and is more resistant to damage in his lower areas, the egg can spike characters as well.
l
Matilda | Angry Birds Wiki | Fandom

Down Special
Bombs Away
Bomb is charged up underneath Red and explodes in a large aura around him that is bigger the more you hold the charge down. Has loads of end lag however but can also launch Red upward at max charge, offering some recovery as it can be chained with Matilda.
Bomb | Angry Birds Wiki | Fandom

Up Air
The Blues are tossed upwards and are affected by gravity, the swipe has decent knockback but the blues can spike, however the blues are pretty weak otherwise, want to give a non-downward move spiking opportunity.
The Blues (Jay, Jake, and Jim) | Heroes Wiki | Fandom

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Decided to make a trailer for Red real quick:

Flocking To The Fight

(Cross Flair Intro)

The scene begins with a 3D shot of Wario's castle from Super Mario Land 2. The camera cuts to Wario walking into the doors with a large bag in tow, waddling along as he chuckles in utter glee. He arrives at the dining hall and slowly, yet gently, hefts the bag onto the table and opens it up to reveal what's inside: eggs. Perfect, round, white eggs. Wario looks at it with hungry eyes, his toothy mouth salivating before he picks up an egg and readies to take a bite. Suddenly, the nearby wall buckles inwards. Wario looks at the crack in the wall, confused, only to shrug and once again get ready to sink his teeth into his egg, shells, and all. Yeah, he's disgusting that way.

The wall explodes next to him in a shower of dust, rock, and...feathers? Wario, now utterly confused at this turn of events, analyzes the yellow feather next to him and waddles over to the hole in the wall, a comically large telescope in his hands. He scours the landscape for a bit before finding...a tower-sized slingshot in a mountain off in the distance. A small red dot hops onto the black elastic of the slingshot, the camera cutting to it as it stretches, ready to launch its crimson payload. Releasing it, the red dot gets closer as it flies in the air. Wario zooms in until it reveals...the face of a bird. And it looked very angry. The camera cuts to the red bird as it flies through the air, letting out an angry squawk as it hurtles towards the greedy microgame chairman.

RED Flies Into A Rage!

Wario screams in shock as his eyes bulge out of their sockets and his jaw drops to the floor until the scarlet aviary berserker slams his body into him, a cartoonish cloud of dust and red feathers erupting from the hole in his castle before it transitions to in-game footage of the stage [ANGRY BIRDS STAGE HERE]. Red lands on top of the tallest wood tower before letting out an angry squawk. Gameplay is shown, seeing him summon his flock to fight and use angry motions as his limbless body can allow, to bludgeon his foes with his body. One shot shows Red donning his Angry Birds Space appearance in a taunt on Mario Galaxy before it cuts to another shot of Red flying face-first into a Green Kirby, sending him into the blast line. Afterwards, his Final Smash is shown, with Red jumping off-stage to show a large slingshot with a can of sardines loaded onto it. The can hits the center of [ANGRY BIRDS STAGE HERE and the Mighty Eagle swoops down, spreading wanton destruction across the map and killing all the fighters in one fell swoop.

View attachment 357373

The final CGI cutscene shows Wario's castle slowly deteriorating from the bird-induced carnage before it completely explodes, sending Wario careening into the horizon with a large twinkle in the sky. The camera pans down to show Red and his flock carrying their eggs, snug in their nests back. Just close by, three stars from Wario's castle line themselves up, embedded in the earth. Red, who notices this happening, lets out a smug chuckle before he continues his journey back home with the eggs.

@ 2018 Nintendo
Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc
Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc, / Pokémon / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK Inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM USA ., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD / Atlus / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Mojang AB / Disney / Rovio Entertainment

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Moveset submissions are over. We will continue to allow additional content for Red.

We will progress to...

Submitting Alternate Colors for Red

Since we are using the other Birds in Red's moveset, they are not eligible for alternate costume status. Alternate colors though are perfectly fine. If you submit an alternate costume, it must somehow be tied in with Red rather than the other's birds and must not include content from other franchises i.e. Luke Skywalker Red. Please provide a picture and the color slot the color takes up.

Also, it just occured to me, there is a VERY good chance that our last character will be decided around the same time last year Sora was revealed lol.

Character 2 (Late July, Early August)
Character 3 (Mid August)
Character 4 (Early September)
Character 5 (Late September)
Character 6 (October)

Not exactly the same timeframe but pretty darn close. I never planned it like that lol.

Red color submission:
Chuck (Yellow)
Chuck is a canary and he's one of most know birds in angry birds along with Red and Bomb.
He is very speedy bird and he can dash after he gets launched in air.

As Red's alternate color, Red's body become yellow and his belly becomes white. His eyebrows become orange and his tuft on his head alongside with his tail become black to make it faithful to Chuck's design.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1658940193596.png

Bomb (Black)
Bomb is an explosive myna bird who's one of the more well-known birds alongside Red and Chuck. In Angry Birds, he's considered the strongest of the birds, capable of exploding and causing the most destruction of the flock.

In Smash, Red becomes black with a grey belly and yellow tips on his plumage. His eyebrows become a deep chestnut color as well.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Here is a nice deep cut alt costume

Pesky Pigs
images (1).png

Now you may be thinking if all the Birds become pigs how can we tell which bird is which, well the awnser is simple. In the iOS version of Angry Birds there is a secret level that let's you turn the birds into pigs and pigs into eggs. Each of the main flock has a pig equivalent with the exception of Silver but she could just be a pig in a dunce cap. Here are the birds and their pig equvilent side by side:

RedBirdPig.png

JetpackPigBird.png

BluePigBird.png

BombPigBird.png

WhitePigBird.png

TerrencePigBord.png
BoomerangPigBird.png

PinkBirdPig.png

OrangePigBird.png

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
How many colors is each person allowed to submit?
The rule is just one to allow everyone a chance to submit. We had people just submit full recolor lists which isn’t exactly fair. That being said, unless we don’t get much (which I don’t see happening) I would then open up for chances to submit content.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I will be compiling our movesets. I haven't had a chance of sitting down to work on them but I will say that we had a lot of moves published but not a lot of special moves. It's ok though as I have been doing some research into Red and Angry Birds and I will be putting form my proposal for everyone.

That being said, I was able to briefly sit down and compile our alternate colors:

1. Red
2. Yellow
3. Blue
4. Black
5. Green
6. Purple

We have six more color slots left so I will leave submissions open for alternate colors for a couple more hours before I close and decide on my own.

Aside from alternate color submissions, we will be doing our next job which is...

Submit an Angry Birds Stage

Again, I know very little of Angry Birds and I am just starting to get into the basics of it. That being said, I cna't really poitn everyone to a general idea on how to submit a stage. That being said, obviously the stage should try to capture the main aspect of the Angry Birds franchise and to emulate the feeling the game has. This includes how its played. As per usual, please include the following content:

• Name
  • Game the stage comes from
  • Appearance and layout
  • Any gimmicks and/or hazards
  • Cameos (This one is tricky as, well, some of the cameos would be apart of Red's moveset. I suppose its ok tho.)
  • Any unique properties not covered in the gimmicks portion
  • Omega/Battlefield layout

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
How, after reviewing our moveset submissions, I found that, well, we didn't have a lot of specials written. jUst one which I am actuall repurposing. That is ok as I have been reading up on the Angry Birds franchise and watching videos about it to get a better idea on how Red could play in Smash. That being said, here is what I came up with:

Neutral Special: Bird Swap/Bird Launch (Red is capable of swapping between various Birds (Chuck, The Blues, Bomb, Boomerang Bird, Terence, Bubbles, Silver, and Mighty Eagle. This gives Red8 total potential uses. That being said, there is a 25 second cooldown after using one of the birds before it can be reused. If the bird is damaged and "dies" by an attack, the cooldown timer isn't applied. This also applies is the bird flies off the stage. The attack is a too step process. Like Bonus Fruit, the player can cycle through the birds which appears as an icon above Red. By selecting it, the player can then press the neutral special once again to launch the bird. It can be used both on the ground and the air. This also allows Red to "save" a brid before launching them. This can be used for midn games by delaying launching the bird. Getting KO'd removes any cooldown timers for any given bird. Each bird has its own propertieis which I will highlight in another post.)
Up Special: Power-Up (Red is the second character to not get a typical recovery move because this will be tied to another move later. Instead, Red can utilizie one of several power-ups which can affect all of his specials in some way. The power-ups are: Shockwave, Power Potion, Homing Bird, Birdquake, Space Egg, and Mighty Feather. These power points only affect the s[ecials (for now) includiong the Neutral, Side, and Down. Once you use this power-up, then you are stuck with it unless you die or swap up by pressing up special again and selecting the power up. Once you swap out, you can't use that power up again until you are KO'd.)
Side Special: Red Launch (Unlike the neutral special, Red launches himself. This is done by inoutting and holding down the special button which allows Red to be fired the direction of where the Slingshot is facing. Now, this is where it gets interesting. After holding down the input, the player can then direct the angle at which to launch Red with the availkable angle being 360 degrees. This allows this move to be extremely affective as bioth and offensive and recovery move. It's not as useful as other ones due to having to "swing" the slingshot to look upwards or any angle to aids in recovery. Still, this is an extremely flexible move.
Down Special: Bad Piggy Tower (Yes, even the Bad Piggies makes an appearance. By holding down the down special, a "blueprint" for a Bad Piggy Tower appears. Red can "cause" it to appear directly in front of him to, like Grenjnja's Shadow Sneak, can move the blueprint on a horizontal plane in front of him. Releasing the input causes the Bad Piggy Tower to appear. There are three variations of the Bad Piggy Tower but they are some rather medium in szie with have 6 total Bad Piggies on them. Just the design of the tower changes along with its color. In a team battle, the color of the tower correlates with the color of the team. Doing it in the air will cause the Tower to be taller since it scales Red's height in the air in coomparison to the ground. This tower serves many purposes with it's main one being a deteerent and obsctale with the dame properties as Aloan Exeggutor. That being said, the main use is to destroy the tower. By launching either one of the birds viua Neutral Special or Red via the Side Special, it will cause the Bad Piggy Tower to collapse which causes widespread collaterial damage in a way that is somewhat similar to Villager's Down Special. The atatck is unique as it as Bomb Rush-like physics where the demolition of the tower is highly dependent on where it was hit, which type of Bird was used, and if any Power-Ups was utilized. This results in no one Down Special resulting in the same amount of damage. This attack is extremely varied. The tower can also dbe destroyed by other attacks as well by other opponents which can result in Red being damaged or any allies if they are close by. This is the perfect crowd control attack and is absolute mayhem in 8-player Smash. One funny animation is, once spawning the tower, Red adopts a rather angry look. Only one tower can be built at one time.)

Final Smash: Super Red (Red launches himself via Slingshot which, upon hitting the opponent, will trap them in the Final Smash. It transports them to a scene similiar to the Angry Birds game. The opponent is trapped in a large Bad Piggy with other Piggies. Red jumps into a super large slingshot which fires him at supersonic speeds. As he reaches near the tower, he passes through a wormhole making him become Super Red. He crashes into the tower which causes a burst of red waves to pulsate out. This has two effects: First, it destroys the tower and greatly damages the opponent. Upon destruction, all of the Bad Piggies and any caught opponents crash down around themsleves. Anyone past 150% damage will be instantly KO'd. The second efefct is those red waves continue after the Final Smash cinemeatic ends and will pulsate out from where Red initially hit the opponent and will continue until they reach the blast lines. It's possible to avoid these waves as they move in the four cardinal directions rather than a 160 degree radius, getting hit pushes the opponents backwards in a wave similar to Mario Finale but with less damage overall. It's more akin to Mario's F.L.U.D.D> in properties.)

I apologize for basically having to write up this entire moveset but I feel this is rather coheisive while playing the importance of the Angry Birds franchise on the Slingshot aspect. This gives Red unprecedented flexibility with not only having a special that can propel him in any direction but can combine a power-up for additional effects. In addition, he can augment his fellow Birds additional powers with even more making them even more potent. Furthermore, the use of the Bad Piggy Tower can add onto this fleixibility by stage control and zoning with unpredictable results.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Stage Submission:
1659025070170.png

POACHED EGGS
Named after the first chapter of the first game, Poached Eggs is a stage based on the very first level the player base accessed in Angry Birds Classic. The stage is on a main platform similar to Kalos Pokemon League and the platforms are horizontal wooden planks that are part of the tower. The green pig in the tower, which doesn't appear in this stage, is around the size of Kirby, for reference. The background is based on Bird Island, which takes its appearance from the Angry Birds movie:
1659025265799.png

The stage gimmick for this is that occasionally, an icon with a slingshot on the right will flash to warn players that an Angry Bird is getting ready to hit the stage. 3 seconds after the warning a white dotted line appears, aiming over the course of 2 seconds before a Red copy slams face-first into the tower, temporarily destroying either a portion of the tower or the whole tower itself. Sometimes they fail to even scratch it. The Red copy also deals 14% damage and strong knockback to foes who are in the crossfire. The falling blocks, meanwhile, deal 3% damage and flinching for each one that hits a foe after the tower is hit.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
When Pigs Fly

This is based on Bad Piggies - you fight on a plane with a randomised shape made out of a mix of boxes (hard platforms) and planks (soft platforms) that flies into the sky while slightly tilting, the layouts will always be fully connected with no gaps, so walls are extremely common. There is a single box with a pig in it, this will be important later.

There is a fan below the pig that is primarily propelling the plane, but other parts to help the plane fly can appear (such as fireworks; balloons; and soda), these are all soft platforms that, if hit enough times, will make the plane tilt harder since it's moving faster.

Angry Birds, rendered as 2D graphics to distinguish from Red, will fly in and destroy the plane piece by piece - the two remaining parts when the birds are done will always be the pig's box and fan, a new layout will be built around them when only they remain.

The Omega form is a flying machine, while the Battlefield form is on the ground with tiny flying machines (basically just planks with fans and pigs in the background) as the soft platform.

Capsules are replaced with Eggs like on Yoshi stages.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So we will be closing stage submissions. I waited for BlueCRE BlueCRE 's submission but since they didn't submit anything, I will be moving forward.

Here are our submissions:

Stage Submission:
View attachment 357456
POACHED EGGS
Named after the first chapter of the first game, Poached Eggs is a stage based on the very first level the player base accessed in Angry Birds Classic. The stage is on a main platform similar to Kalos Pokemon League and the platforms are horizontal wooden planks that are part of the tower. The green pig in the tower, which doesn't appear in this stage, is around the size of Kirby, for reference. The background is based on Bird Island, which takes its appearance from the Angry Birds movie:
View attachment 357457
The stage gimmick for this is that occasionally, an icon with a slingshot on the right will flash to warn players that an Angry Bird is getting ready to hit the stage. 3 seconds after the warning a white dotted line appears, aiming over the course of 2 seconds before a Red copy slams face-first into the tower, temporarily destroying either a portion of the tower or the whole tower itself. Sometimes they fail to even scratch it. The Red copy also deals 14% damage and strong knockback to foes who are in the crossfire. The falling blocks, meanwhile, deal 3% damage and flinching for each one that hits a foe after the tower is hit.
When Pigs Fly

This is based on Bad Piggies - you fight on a plane with a randomised shape made out of a mix of boxes (hard platforms) and planks (soft platforms) that flies into the sky while slightly tilting, the layouts will always be fully connected with no gaps, so walls are extremely common. There is a single box with a pig in it, this will be important later.

There is a fan below the pig that is primarily propelling the plane, but other parts to help the plane fly can appear (such as fireworks; balloons; and soda), these are all soft platforms that, if hit enough times, will make the plane tilt harder since it's moving faster.

Angry Birds, rendered as 2D graphics to distinguish from Red, will fly in and destroy the plane piece by piece - the two remaining parts when the birds are done will always be the pig's box and fan, a new layout will be built around them when only they remain.

The Omega form is a flying machine, while the Battlefield form is on the ground with tiny flying machines (basically just planks with fans and pigs in the background) as the soft platform.

Capsules are replaced with Eggs like on Yoshi stages.
  • Poached Eggs
  • When Piggies Fly
You can find the voting up at the top of our thread under our poll.

Submit Music from Angry Birds

We will begin filling up musical tracks for Angry Birds. When submitting, please just submit three songs but, if we don't get many submissions, I will open more chances to submit. Please indiciate the song and what game its from so it's easy to categorize. In addition,you may pull form the Angry Bird games but also pull from its side series such as Space or Bad Piggies

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Waited too late, I’ve had the mental energy of a slug on this forum. Sorry about that. Imma submit some ideas for music
  • Main Theme - Angry Birds
  • Piggie Dilly Circus
  • Main Theme - Bad Piggies

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Waited too late, I’ve had the mental energy of a slug on this forum. Sorry about that. Imma submit some ideas for music
  • Main Theme - Angry Birds
  • Piggie Dilly Circus
  • Main Theme - Bad Piggies
Please link them so I don’t have to go in and look for the links I would greatly appreciate it.

Mt Pork (Angry Birds 2)
Mighty League (Angry Birds)
Angry Birds Trilogy (Angry Birds Trilogy)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So based on our voting, Poached Eggs is our winning stage submission with 13 votes to When Piggies Fly with 2 votes. Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario meant to vote for When Piggies Fly so the official tally is 12 to 3.

I forgot to do voting for our additional content for the package so I will be deleting the poll we have now and will replace it with which content we should include. That being said, considering that we had an assist trophy for the previous pack and that a lot of the birds are involved in Red’s moveset, I will be forgoing adding an assist trophy in our eligible voting.

For now, we will continue adding music but since that’s rather slow, I’m thinking of doing a different unrelated job as we wait for the results for additional content.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So while we wait for voting results to come in, we will be doing a Spirit Event round to keep the thread active I apologize for not getting us on track but this week as been tremendously hard for me.

This Spirit Event is "Spirits Hard at Work"

These are all Spirits who have a visbile in-game job within their respective franchises. This applies to jobs that are obviously jobs. Bowser being a Princessnapper or Mario being a Princess Saver doesn't count. Please list up to 5 Spirits while including the name and series the Spirit belongs to and what job they have to show that it fits with the spirit event guidelines.

Shopkeepers, guides, entertainers, soldiers, cefs, mayors, etc are acceptable jobs to draw from. Made up jobs or ones that are not seen as actual jobs are not counted. DLC Spirits are not allowed.

We will continue to allow music submissions as well.

You can see the list of spirits here

My submissions:

Swanky Kong (Donkey Kong) - Entrepnauer and showman
Jack Levin (F-Zero) Pop singer and pilot
Cody (Street Fighter) - Mayor
Mappy (Mappy) - Police officer
Sebsastian Tute (Mii) - Composer

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
  1. Adeleine (Kirby) - Artist
  2. Adam Malkovich (Metroid) - Admiral