• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright then, new submission

The Penguin (Club Penguin)

EqBIg5zUUAE0wMN.jpg

The Penguin is the avatar character from the hit flash children's web MMO game, Club Penguin. I feel with Disney having a great relationship with Nintendo, The Penguin would be a perfect surprise pick for sure. He would resonate so well with the Western audience and be this new-ish character to the Japanese audience. The character would represent not only MMOs but flash games. Two genres not yet repped. Throw in a Puffles gimmick in his moveset and we'll be good. Overall, a series that has a cult following and a relic of the past should be in. Hence, Club Penguin can represent the Western side of Disney's video game contributions.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Our submissions are locked in but I just dont have the time to start us off on our next voting. We will commence voting in the morning USA EST time.

Here are our submissions:

Virtual Boy
Artoria Pendragon
John Marston
Spyro
Ahri
Makoto Naegi
Red
Okabe Rintaro
Commander Shepard
Bella Goth
Jonesy
Guybrush Threepwood
Bubsy
Booker and Elizabeth
Thrall
Hastune Mike
Archeops
2B
Penguin

If I forgot anyone, please let me know.

We will enter into a discussion phgase about these submissions. Remember, we aren't votin yet.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I finally got some sleep and we are ready to kick things off!

Virutal Boy
It came from the third dimension

With its own brain

Its own voice

Its own legs

There's only one problem

IT NEEDS YOUR EYES

View attachment 357059

Virtual Boy
Franchise: Virtual Boy
Year: 1995

Virtual Boy is a handheld console released by Nintendo in 1995. It was supposed to be revolutionary as it was going to be the first console to use virtual reality. Unfortunately, it flopped, HARD, and is now known as one of the biggest tech flops of all time and is ragged on by both the general gaming public and even Nintendo to this day in games such as Tomodachi Life and Luigi's Mansion 3. However, it has a cult audience due to games like Teleroboxer, VB Wario Land, and Jack Bros having dedicated fanbases and even having a small homebrew scene. Needless to say its iconic for both the right and wrong reasons. These strange factors can warrant itself a Smash inclusion, continuing the line of ROB and Mr. Game and Watch of playable peripherals as Smash characters. Speaking of witch Virtual Boy would mainly use attacks referencing both iconic and (im)famous gaming peripherals like the Power Glove, past Nintendo products like the Ultra Hand, and some of his exclusive titles to give a difficult but effective and addicting moveset. That is why I think Virtual Boy should be given a chance, its weird, wacky, kinda of an underdog, and has its own charm, which is what this job aims for.
Artoria Pendragon
ARTORIA PENDRAGON
Artoria Pendragon is a Servant, a Heroic Spirit of a figure from history summoned by a mage for a Holy Grail War, and one of the three heroines of the visual novel video game, Fate/stay night. Ever since her debut in the 2004 PC game, Artoria has been one of the most popular characters in the series.

Why Artoria?
Fate/stay night, surprisingly enough for those who know it better from its anime, got its start as a video game, and is one of the most popular visual novels in the world, on par with the likes of Ace Attorney and Danganronpa.

Though some people on the web would point out its rather...lascivious…first print of the game, it should be noted that later rereleases have been modified to be tamer, removing some overly questionable scenes altogether and even retconning it in its anime adaptations, not to mention the creator of the franchise really didn't want them in the first place. Now there are other characters in the Fate series that are just as popular like Astolfo, Mash Kyrielight, and Jeanne d’Arc Alter, these are either from later games or not even of game origin at all.

How Would She Play?
Well, one idea would be to have Artoria in as her more popular moniker and Servant Class, Saber. In that case, she would be a swordfighter who would be unique in the sense that she possesses one of the most legendary swords in the world, Excalibur, her Noble Phantasm. Furthermore, as a Servant, she possesses Skills, which are innate abilities that can benefit her in battle. In her case, they are:
  • Magic Resistance: As it states, it is the protection against the effects of magic.
  • Riding: A Skill usually reserved for Rider-class Servants, Saber here actually possesses a decent level of Riding, as knights are described as soldiers proficient at mounted combat.
  • Charisma: An innate charm and ability to command armies, usually reserved for leaders like her, as she is actually the King Arthur spoken of in legend.
  • Instinct: The ability to practically see attacks coming and calculate the best possible course of action. This could potentially be a counter Special.
  • Mana Burst: The ability to expel magical energy to augment her own abilities. This quite obviously can be her Neutral Special.
There could also be something unique to her as well: Excalibur, when she was first summoned in the OG Fate/stay night, was invisible using magic wind. This could benefit scare tactics and mind games that she could exploit with her foes, but she could also reveal it to be Excalibur with a Shield B that buffs her damage.

But I’m going to suggest something completely different: and for that, we’re going to turn to an unlikely source that I’d like to call, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. In that game, there was an ability called Smash, which quite literally translated Kirby’s Smash moveset into a Copy Ability. Now, notice how I’ve been calling her “Artoria” all this time instead of “Saber”. See where I’m going with this? Yessir, I’m going to take from this and summon Artoria in an entirely new Servant class exclusive to Smash Bros! The imaginatively-named Smasher-class Servant!

How does it work, you ask? Simple: much like how Kirby takes several Copy Abilities and places them into a single mega-Copy in Amazing Mirror, Saber’s moveset, I imagine, would take everything from her different variations and put it into a single Smash Bros moveset. So you’d have a majority of her moveset be from her Saber incarnation, but on the other hand, you’d also have her Lancer counterpart’s Rhongomyniad as an Up Special or her Caster counterpart’s Territory Creation skill as a Down Smash! And believe me, there’s no shortage of variations to parse through, no matter how ridiculous some of them may be!
John Marston
John Marston

You all know what red dead redemption is and I think he would be an excellent rep for not only that series but rockstar games in general, which nintendo has a surprisingly deep history with and is a really big company we don’t have represented yet. Plus no one in smash really matches his western aesthetic.

He could use a huge variety of tools and weapons from the games like dynamite and lassos which would set him apart from the other gun users and really all characters. Overall really big character who would be a shock to a lot of people but I’m sure a welcome one.
Spyro
Spyro the Dragon

View attachment 357061

Smash remains to have criminally few quadruped fighters, and there's no gaming icon better to represent them than Spyro the Dragon. A mascot of the PS1 era, and eventually the Wii era as well through... less than fantastic means, Spyro's one of gaming's most popular mascots (even if he is particularly popular for a certain niche.) The character could be unique by allowing him to glide, and as a dragon have a special mechanic where he has Smash attacks even in the air. He could have additional jumps, he can breath multiple elements, and his franchise is praised for it's fantastic level design and music, meaning he could bring plenty of incredible stages with him. In initial speculation, he was always overshadowed by his fellow former Sony mascot, but with Crash here, I feel like uniting the duo once again is a long time coming.
Ahri
This got posted right when I had to go to sleep ☹. Once again, I'll have to post my previous Ahri post. I won't be off work until after submissions close probably.
Makoto Naegi
So, since someone already submited Altria Artoria, I will go with my other option.

MAKOTO NAEGI
(And company)
View attachment 357060
Makoto Naegi, the Ultimate Lucky Student is the protagonist of Dangaronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, a visual novel where the most skilled students in their sector are putted into a killing game by a mysterious mastermind to make them feel the true despair.

Why Naegi?
I think Naegi would be a better surprising pick since even if Smash (and particullary Infinite) isn't stranger to add characters that are most commonly relationed to Playstation or that have mature themes (in fact, some characters like Joker or Snake are both). I think that after add Monokuma has an assist in the base game most people would think that Danganronpa's chances to be represented with a fighter would end being pretty much dead.

I know a lot of people says that Monokuma would be a better option and I can understand why, the robotic-ish nature of Monokuma makes him more natural to include alongside that in general he is more suited in combat, yet I personally always liked to add the actual students in main place considering that, well, they are your character, but also since they could represent better a mechanic of their games that Monokuma can't do, the trials.

How Would He Play?
Has I said before Naegi's moveset would be mostly based around the trials of the game, the trials are the active part of the game where you need to find the culprit at the same time defend yourself and other innocent people with arguments. This could sound has a boring moveset but the thing is that in Danganronpa you don't just show the evidence or something like that, instead the trials are composed of multiple minigames that you need to complete to win. So you can take inspiration of things like the main mechanic "Nonstop Battle" where you fire Silencer to remove the "White Noise" that other people made during the debate (here could work has a simple projectile), the Truth Bullets that ends the argument after finding the contradiction (here could be something like an enhanced projectile with additional things like critical hit), the infamous Hangman Gambit that sometimes is used has his Smash attacks or you can even grab things from the sequel like Logic Dive, Rebuttal Showdown, Lie Bullets, Psyche Taxi, between others. But if we are adding things from Danganronpa 2 and V3....why not add characters from Danganronpa 2 and V3 has skins?
My choices considering that the game counts with 12 skins would be Kyoko Kirigiri, Hajime Hinata, Nagito Komaeda, Kaede Akamatsu and Shuichi Saihara; the protagonists and their respective deuteragonist/rivals/counterparts/whatever the way you want to refer them, all of them shares very similar heights and body so it wouldn't be weird or out of place having them sharing a same hitbox. Heck you can actually fill all the spaces adding Byakuya Togami, Chiaki Nanami, Komaru Naegi, Toko Fukawa, Kokichi Oma or even ****ing Spoiler-Kun Izuru Kamukura who are all popular characters that also more or less fits this, but yeah I think just the other five works well by their own. Nagito could also be replaced by Chiaki to have a balance between guys and girls btw.
Red
Alright. Here’s my very first fighter submission for Infinite…

View attachment 357065
View attachment 357067
Red (Angry Birds)
Who?
———
Red is one of the playable characters from the Angry Birds series of mobile games. He and his group, The Flock, watch over their eggs in the peaceful grasslands of Cobalt Plateaus. The plot typically revolves around the eggs being stolen by the Bad Piggies, a civilization of greedy, nasty green pigs. Very big mistake for these piggies, because if anyone bothers to touch the Flock’s eggs, they will get angry, and stop at NOTHING to get their eggs back. The Angry Birds games involve the player using a slingshot to launch the birds into the Bad Piggies’ fortresses. The player has a limited amount of birds they can use, so they are encouraged to maximize their resources and destroy as much as possible. Angry Birds is a great game for those that want a good puzzle through the game’s many levels. Personally, I loved this game as a kid, and would always play it to kill time and occupy myself. In vouching for Red, I hope that I can encourage the people here to play Angry Birds as well, and hopefully enjoy it as I did.

Does He Meet the Requirements?
———
Why, yes! Angry Birds has recieved various ports on the Nintendo 3DS. Not to mention, the Angry Birds Trilogy, a collection of Angry Birds games was released for the Nintendo Wii. They are well-known and iconic within the gaming community. VERY ICONIC. You could show almost anybody the Angry Birds and they would very likely instantly recognize them, even if not by name. In addition, Angry Birds has also been impactful in the history of video games. The concept of a game that could be played anywhere on phones was mostly obscure during development. When the game was finally released and became a massive success, an entire market of mobile games was spawned. Almost any well-known and beloved Mobile game has credit to give to Angry Birds. Not to mention, the Angry Birds series has a fairly notable community, and it’s a part of a lot of people’s nostalgia, which would be a great recipe for garnering sales.

To cap it all off, the Angry Birds bring an unexpected factor in the fact that mobile games are rarely ever talked about in Smash Bros. Discussion. They generally aren’t considered due to the obscurity that many of them have. It’s because of this and the tastes of most Smash fans that mobile games aren’t discussed. That’s not to mention that we’ve never seen a mobile game get its own dedicated fighter and stage in Smash. However, due to the reasons previously stated, the Angry Birds series in Smash would make for not only a be unexpected, but delightful reveal.

Gameplay Pitch
———
If there’s any playstyle in Smash that feels utterly satisfying, it has to be a rushdown. Utterly decimating your opponent and not giving them a chance to breathe is a thrill to behold, and can make for a fun emphasis on combo potential. Red is an aggressive character, who focuses on destroying anything that gets in the way of his eggs. This type of character is perfect for adopting a rushdown playstyle. Not only that, but with Red’s destructive nature, this could make for a lot of his attacks hitting hard. He’s been able to destroy entire structures with only his own body. Think of how much power you see in a lot of Smash heavyweights. Red could not only being the thrill of a rushdown, but the immense power and satisfaction oof Landry heavy hits on an opponent, making for an extremely fun character.

That is to mention, how would Red attack? He has no limbs and has no special abilities, so what could he do? First and foremost, Red does have a few ways to attack. He can use his beak to peck opponents and use his tail to swipe at them. He could also body slam the opponent and roll into them wil his circular physique. He’s also been shown to pick uponjects without hands, so he can just use that ability for his grabs.
Okabe Rintaro
I was thinking on submit Sunny but I looked that a lot of people hated my idea...so instead I will try to submit a character that could be more of the like of the rest of people.
Okabe Rintaro
The protagonist of Steins Gates, I was between him and Makise Kurisu who is probably the most popular character (and that has kinda a more easier to do moveset due her appearences in the Phantom Breaker series). Yet I kinda feel that Okabe could actually call she and other of his coworkers into his moveset to make him more interesing, not counting the timeshift mechanic that is a must considering that thats what the whole game is about. It would also be interesing play has an adult with this anime aesthetic that in the case of Smash is mostly see only in young guys and girls.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard

Commander Shepard is the main character of the Mass Effect franchise. Mass Effect and Bioware's games in general are some of the most influential Western RPGs helping define the genre.

Commander Shepard would use guns, they also have a wide variety of Biotic and Tech abilities in addition to their weaponry. They can even get up close and personal with their Omni-blade. Who knows maybe the Normandy's crew could even show up. as Mass Effect has a large focus on squad tactics. There is also the morality system which could be incorporated

In terms of Nintendo

EDIT: I just made a whole thing on arthas and then realized he is a crazy swordfighter so I reposted this submission instead..
Bella Goth
View attachment 357075
Bella Goth (The Sims)

The Sims is a huge, influential series. It's a well knwkn "casual" game, which is soemthing that is under representated in Smash. It also has a long history on Nintendo platforms.

The stage potential is off the charts. A stage based around the Sims could be amazing. We could even do soemthing from Simcity. In terms of other content you could have someone like Death as an assist trophy and there is so much potential for Smashspace content. We could even include content from the popular Mysims spin off series. We could also do Mii costumes from other EA games such as Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Dead Space, Mirror's Edge and Apex Legends.

Why Bella? I figured it would be more interesting to do a named character rather than calling them "The Sims." All of her Alts would be other Sims from across the series. Bella has been in every main numbered game. Another female character in the pass also doesn't hurt.

Bella / Sim would be an unorthodox fighter, she would spawn house hold objects for her attacks and could preform varoius actions from her home game.
Jonesy
View attachment 357086
Jonesy - Fortnite
Weird how we have various fortnite characters represented (Ryu, Chun-Li, Pac-Man, Jill Valentine, Master Chief or Kratos) but we don't have the guy from Fortnite.
Fortnite is one of the most played games on Switch so he fits in, at this point of the DLC I think a fortnite character will be quite unexpected considering the treatment other shooter characters got (Master Chief costume, I still regret it).
Overall he is quite a good character idea.
Guybrush Threepwood
A surprise fighter/character, huh? This one seems to not be brought up in newcomer discussion that often or much compared to others, so it's a re-submitting time with new info (minorly; the original one is there, not quoting for reasons).

(Deep in the Caribbean, Melee IslandTM...)
"I found the Legendary Lost Treasure of Melee IslandTM, and all I got was this stupid letter!"

Surprise Fighter - Guybrush Threepwood

- > Who is Guybrush Threepwood and What is Monkey IslandTM?
(a mouse clicking sound is heard)

Who is Guybrush Threepwood and What is Monkey IslandTM?

Guybrush Threepwood is the main protagonist of the point-and-click graphic adventure video game series Monkey Island, created by Ron Gilbert and published by Lucasfilm Games (a video game subsidiary of Lucasfilm Ltd., known for Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies), first debuting in the computer game released in October 15th, 1990, The Secret of Monkey Island, in which he started as a young naive man who dreams of becoming a self-proclaimed, swashbuckling "Mighty Pirate" after washing ashore to Melee IslandTM, exploring a few islands while solving various puzzles to succeed in the three trials given to him by pirate leaders and trying to stop the evil undead captain LeChuck from abducting Méléé IslandTM's governor and his future love interest (& wife as of Curse's ending), Elaine Marley.

The series is critically-acclaimed, with the original game (Secret of Monkey Island) itself being still declared one of the greatest adventure games of all time, all thanks to it's witty comedic humor (especially quotes), memorable characters/puzzles (like insult swordfighting) and a fantastic soundtrack, which all entirely defined the genre itself and left such a lasting impact that it's influence has spread throughout the industry, even having been exhibited in the Smithsonian American Art Museum (alongside Pac-Man and Super Mario Bros.). It was referenced in multiple games such as Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (a Jedi mind trick), Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, The Witcher 3 and Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, even getting a easter egg in Sea of Thieves (complete with a iconic theme song) through the Pirates of the Caribbean expansion, which speaking of, a cancelled movie adaptation's script was apparently re-used for it's first film, The Curse of the Black Pearl.

The first game has achieved a few sequels over the years like Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (1991), The Curse of Monkey Island (1997), Escape from Monkey Island (2000) and Tales of Monkey Island (2009; by Telltale Games which was founded by former LucasArts employees), with a recently-announced, latest installment alongside the original development crew such as Ron Gilbert himself and Dave Grossman joining in, Return to Monkey Island. Remakes of the first two games (titled "Special Editions") with updated hand-drawn visuals and voice acting were also released on PlayStation 3 (currently backwards compatible for PlayStation 4 and 5 via PlayStation Plus Premium), Xbox 360 (also backwards compatible for Xbox One and Series X/S), Microsoft Windows and iPhone in 2009 & 2010 respectively.

Why Does This Series Deserve To Be In and What It Would Bring Up?

As I just said above, Monkey Island is one of the most famous and important video games in the adventure history, and yet, we don't have a point-and-click genre represented in Smash as of now. And with some current relevance from recent years this decade, such as an aforementioned easter egg in a Pirates of the Caribbean DLC from Sea of Thieves, the whole series was released on Steam (with Tales returning to it and GOG.com from being de-listed) and Limited Run Games' physical anthology collection boxset, Curse and Escape were part of Amazon Prime's free game line-ups in May & June respectively, and finally, Return to Monkey Island itself releasing for Nintendo Switch and Steam in following months this year, which is a VERY BIG deal.

While it may seem that the series doesn't have much appearances in Nintendo consoles despite what I wrote down in the start of this post, but the first two games (and potentially Return) did make it in Japan, and Nintendo & Lucasfilm Games (which is famous for its point-and-click adventure games, many of which rank among the best games of all time, with Monkey Island itself being a crowning jewel) had a long history of partnership with their games having been released those such as Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Maniac Mansion (which started it all) and Zombies Ate My Neighbors, which were all on NES, Game Boy, Super NES, Nintendo 64, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, etc. Even Grim Fandango's remastered version and a creator Ron Gilbert's Thimbleweed Park were both in Nintendo Switch, as well.

Which speaking of, other LucasArts/Lucasfilm Games IPs can also be represented as additional music (unlikely), Mii Costumes and Spirits (potentially a event instead), such as Maniac Mansion/Day of the Tentacle, Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders, Loom, Full Throttle and Grim Fandango themselves.

To reference the genre itself, one taunt may have a point-and-click cursor appear over the opponent close to Guybrush with the words "Look at (fighter)" in the classic LucasArts font, and he will make a short, funny comment about them, regardless of the stage, unlike Snake's Codec and Palutena's Guidance.

Monkey Island has many options/possibilities for additional content to include here in Super Smash Bros. Infinite, as explained in this list:

How Guybrush Would Work/Play in Smash?

Guybrush may seem like he'll be an another swordfighter, but actually, he doesn't need to entirely focus on using a sword itself for his playstyle/moveset as explained below, except for a small amount of attacks, especially a unique counter special based on the iconic insult swordfighting puzzle, which leaves the opponent open for an attack by either paralyzing, tripping or turning them around as if they're fleeing while exclaiming a short version of random classic insults such as "Dairy farmer!", though full quotes are used for one of his taunts, and there's even a chance he will whiff and say either "I'm shaking! I'm shaking!" or "I am rubber, you are glue." during that.

Like Steve and Villager, Guybrush can make good use of his sharp wit by being able to utilize random everyday items that he gathered for his inventory throughout the series in battle, like a rubber chicken, red herring, wet towel, a banjo while performing the rockstar slide, the Idol of Many Hands, anchors, bottles, a extendable banana picker (as a long-range/tether grab), a paralyzed Jojo the Monkey, etc.

Guybrush also has a unique grab, in which he picks up the opponent and puts them into his coat/pocket (depending on a costume), before flinging them out in a chosen direction to reference how he picks up items in the games, which potentially works similarly to Ratchet and Clank's Suck Cannon in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale and this project, but close-ranged like Donkey Kong's cargo toss, Kirby's Inhale and Villager's Pocket. This also applies to items (except heavier/carriable ones like boxes and Party Balls) themselves, unless used or thrown.

Some other elements from the series can be incorporated like slapstick (tripping over for a dash attack), Monkey Kombat martial arts in Escape from Monkey Island, a roller-coaster cart from The Curse of Monkey Island (working similarly to Steve's minecart), the Flying Brothers' cannon that launches himself into the air in an angled direction with the kitchen pot used as a helmet, which he later used to get to Monkey Island, and spitting up globs that can be charged for a stronger, faster and further-reaching projectile by drinking from a liquid hidden in his coat/shirt, like in the spitting contest from LeChuck's Revenge. Maybe Guybrush would have the longest time swimming before finally drowning out to reference him being able to breath underwater in ten minutes?

For his Final Smash, Guybrush will use two items he used to kill LeChuck himself in The Secret of Monkey Island and it's sequel, LeChuck's Revenge respectively: root beer and a voodoo doll. He will start by using root beer to spray out an opponent in-front of him. If one is hit, a cinematic will start in Big Whoop's basement, where Guybrush pulls out a voodoo doll that looks identical to an opponent which makes them float helplessly and then stabs it with a syringe that transfers damage to them, before slamming them down and then launches them back into the stage.

As shown above, while Guybrush wears his outfit from LeChuck's Revenge, Tales and Return in default, he also has other outfits from fellow installments such as Secret, Curse and Escape (despite retaining a ponytail and beard), alongside palettes to reference characters like LeChuck, Elaine, Voodoo Lady, Herman Toothrot and few others. Maybe even include unusual costumes like being covered in feathers (Curse) and a pink dress (LeChuck's Revenge)?
Bubsy
Bubsy gets up, claws, and purrsonal!

I'm not gonna waste any time here, you know who Bubsy is, and you know his reputation and vibe.

Bubsy has, to say the least, a bit of a negative reputation, which is what would make him surprising - in particular he'd provide hope for fans of series not considered "good" by the general public. He'd also grab a lot of headlines - at least with Western audiences (he's a bit of an unknown to Japanese audiences, but so is Spyro and I don't see anyone complain about him being submitted) - thanks to said reputation. There is a very devoted Bubsy fanbase, which means there are people who will like this pick as something more than a meme novelty.

I imagine Bubsy to be a slippery, floaty type - fitting his gliding power - with cartoon slapstick and cat-like swipes incorporated. Another quality Bubsy has is his loud mouth, we could potentially do a special job to decide all the snarky wisecracks and insults he'd say.​
Booker and Elizabeth
**** it resubmitting this
Thrall
Suprise character submission:
Thrall (World of Warcraft)

Who is that guy?
Thrall is a former warchief and shaman from Blizzard's World of Warcraft series and he is a son of Durotan and Draka. His parents killed by Gul'dan's assassins shortly after his birth in the beginning of the First War, then he was found and raised by Aedelas Blackmoore who gave Thrall his name.
Raised as a slave and gladiator, he later joined Orgrim Doomhammer in freeing the orcs imprisoned after the Second War, being named Warchief after Doomhammer's death. After leading the Horde away from the Alliance-claimed Eastern Kingdoms, he rescued and made allies of the Darkspear trolls and Bloodhoof tauren during the series' events.

He is an ogre in terms of his species.

After the fall of the Lich King (The antagonist from the series) and the increasing elemental unrest heralding the Cataclysm, Thrall stepped down as leader of the Horde, appointed Garrosh Hellscream as Warchief.

Thrall is one of most popular WoW characters and he comes from MMORPG genre, which it was repped earlier as fighter in smash. Also he would be surprising choice for the game, considering that Warcraft
Many gamers know about the franchise.

How he could work in Smash?
Well well well, since he is a warchief, he would know how to fight in Smash. For his moveset he could use his melee weapons like hammer for example (it could be used as Side Smash or side tilt I guess?).
Also he could summon the monsters from the game that could assist him in some attacks.

He is capable of magic, since he could summon thunderbolts for skies to strike down opponents like Sora's Neutral B (but stronger).
Also he could have inventory gimmick, where he could keep random items from the game and use them to attack (it kinda works similar to Villager's, but it uses the items from his home game). He also could keep cards there, where he can summon an animal to attack the opponent.

He would be heavyweight "turtle" fighter with no additional movement options. His design would be based on Lord of Clans appearance, albeit more realistic to match the SSBI aesthetic and modern game standards.

Why Thrall?
Thrall should be in Smash, because he comes from unrepresented genre, which is MMORPG and he would be first fighter to originate from Blizzard (or second if we count ActBlizz after Crash).
Also he could be fun fighter, since his "turtle" playstyle could more tactical like in his games, making him unique and challenging to main him.

Also the stage based on Warcraft would be fantastic in Smash, considering that the fantasy elements wouldn't look extremely out of place in Smash. His franchise has many characters to use as spirits in the game.

His company "Blizzard" made many games for Nintendo Console, so he could be eligible for this character job.
Hatsune Miku

Hatsune Miku
Yes, while Hatsune Miku is TECHNICALLY not a video game character originally, she did make the move from the Vocaloid industry to gaming in many video games such as Project Diva, Projecy Mirai, and even Idolm@asters which we already have dlc mii costumes. In terms of combat, Hatsune Miku could pull from a variety of attacks by being able to "stich together" music via her neutral special in order to grant her buffs. Seeing as how we have Barista, having a rhythm character again would defeat the purpose of including Barista. Instead, Hatsune Miku is not about keeping the rhythm but finishing the performance. Select a song, complete the song by using the neutral button and then command inputs to complete the song for a much needed buff. In addition, she can utiliize various concepts and imagery found within her music and music videos. Miku would be a nice contrast to Nightmare and SC's dramatic appearance and would be soft and easy to include entry to the rest of our upcoming DLC; both as an early, mid, or even later character if needed.

Hatsune Miku has been a polarizing figure within the Smash community since her conception with her being a near impossible pick that still has a slight margin for success. Including Hatsune Miku wouldn't just surprise everyone, it would literally break the dam wall for furture content in Smash to come. I feel Hatsune Miku would ignite the speculation scene just like how Snake, Sonic, Cloud, Joker, and Banjo did along with Steve and Sephiroth and Sora.

Hatsune Miku ticks off all of the boxes that we have as a character that is extremely popular, well known, and yet would have the potential to not only surprise people but knock them off their ****ing feet. I don't see any character of causing such an impact on the Smash scene as well as the greater gaming communtiy as Hatsune Miku would. The noise would be defeaning EVERYWHERE.

So yes, why prolong it further. Miku in Smash now.
Archeops
My late entry and main first party choice
Archeops
This Pokémon debuted in Black and White as one of the fossil Pokémo. I choose this Pokémon because it’s not only part rock type, it’s also a fossil Pokémon, something that has not yet happened in smash.

This Pokémon will use ancient power, dragon breath, wind gusts and rock tomb.

Another reason why is because while Pokémon is very popular, there are certain groups of Pokémon not yet represented, like rock types, fossil Pokémon and gen 5 Pokémon, so Archeops can change it.

Overall, this is why Archeops should join smash.
2B
Character Job

2B (Nier)

2B Nier Automata.png

2B is the main character of Nier Automata, which has been nominated for and received numerous different awards throughout the industry for its storytelling, music, and game design. As the game is well known and acclaimed, her inclusion would generate tons of excitement among the gaming community as according to the description of the prompt. In addition to the great moveset potential the character would bring, she would also bring an excellent soundtrack and many interesting stage choices. The game was also just announced to receive a Switch port, bringing the series to a Nintendo system for the first time, so now would be the perfect time to capitalize on that.
Penguin
Alright then, new submission

The Penguin (Club Penguin)

View attachment 357138

The Penguin is the avatar character from the hit flash children's web MMO game, Club Penguin. I feel with Disney having a great relationship with Nintendo, The Penguin would be a perfect surprise pick for sure. He would resonate so well with the Western audience and be this new-ish character to the Japanese audience. The character would represent not only MMOs but flash games. Two genres not yet repped. Throw in a Puffles gimmick in his moveset and we'll be good. Overall, a series that has a cult following and a relic of the past should be in. Hence, Club Penguin can represent the Western side of Disney's video game contributions.
Here are our submissions in list form:
  1. Virtual Boy (Virtual Boy hardware)
  2. Artoria Pendragon (Fate)
  3. John Marston (Red Dead Redemption)
  4. Spyro (Spyro the Dragon)
  5. Ahri (League of Legends)
  6. Makoto Naegi (Dangaronpa)
  7. Red (Angry Birds)
  8. Okabe Rintaro (Steins Gate)
  9. Commander Shepard (Mass Effect)
  10. Bella Goth (Sims)
  11. Jonesy (Fortnite)
  12. Guybrush Threepwood (Monkey Island)
  13. Bubsy (Bubsy)
  14. Booker and Elizabeth (Bioshock)
  15. Thrall (Warcrraft)
  16. Hatsune Miku (Hatsune Miku/Project Diva/Vocaloid)
  17. Archeops (Pokemon)
  18. 2B (NeiR Automata)
  19. The Penguin (Club Penguin)
Before you vote, please remember that:

Nightmare represents the color purple
Nightmare has a large sword
Red and Spyro are a Spirits
We hav a Fornite spirit for some reason
Danganronpa is currently represented by Monokuma as an Assist as well as Spirits
Bioshock is currently repped by DLC Big Daddy Mii Costume

Here is the voting link! May the odds be in your favor!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of voting for the Spirit Event:

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
A Bee I am not1 (3)1 (2)16
Drowning Spirituality1 (3)1 (2)16
Legendary Battles4 ()120113
Knighty-Knight03 (6)17
Sick and SLick1 (3)1 (2)27
Nose Noes1 (3)2 (4)29

Based on these votes, the Spirit Event Legendary Battles which involves only SPirits of Spirit-class will included.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
My three votes went to Red, The Penguin and Guybrush. Lots of good picks here honestly but I feel Red is definitely a super overlooked choice as Angry Birds represents a part of gaming not yet covered here in Infinite outside of spirits. Same with my submission for The Penguin. Guybrush feels like a based pick too.

Lots and lots of great choices.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I am going back to some of our Online Tounraments and so I will be adding these second place winners:

"About Time You Showed Up!"
The theme of this tourney is characters who have historically been majorly requested by the community. These characters are:

1. Sonic
  2. Mega Man
  3. Little Mac
  4. Cloud
  5. Bayonetta
  6. Ridley
  7. King K. Rool
  8. Isabelle
  9. Banjo & Kazooie
  10. Steve
  11. Sora
  12. Isaac
  13. Bandana Waddle Dee
  14. Waluigi
  15. Crash
  16. Ashley
  17. Takamaru
  18. Galacta Knight
  19. Grovyle & Celebi
  20. Impa
  21. Dixie Kong
  22. Phoenix
Assist Trophies of characters that continue to be requested are:
  1. Cranky Kong
  2. Alucard
  3. Bomberman
  4. Shadow
  5. Shovel Knight
  6. Skull Kid
  7. Spring Man
Furthermore, all stages and items attributed to the mentioned characters are only used in this Tourney.
Job 285:
View attachment 349727
Chris Pratt:
To promote the IRL-upcoming Super Mario Bros movie, as well as Smash Infinite, Nintendo hired the main actor of the movie, Chris Pratt to sire the commercial. Other cameos could include Charlie Day, Jack Black, and Seth Rogan, but Chris Pratt would be the main attraction.

Job 286:
Painting the Town

This is our Splatoon tournament!

Fighters: Inkling, Octoling, DJ Octavio
Stages: Moray Towers, Deepsea Metro
Assist Trophies: Squid Sisters
Items: Rainmaker
  • About Time you Showed Up
  • Painting the Town

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I followed my bias voting for Artoria, Naegi and Okabe. People sleep in VN characters considering that Phoenix is fine by his own. There are tons of characters from the genre that could be very interesing especially for the people who doesnt like make movesets that are direct copypastes since there is no way to direclty translate something that its only written to a move (even if you can more or less have a basis with things like the animes, and in the case of Saber with FGO, Extella and Melty Blood).

Last edited:

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
Went with Penguin, Jonesy and Saber, I find the concept of Club Penguin being added in Smash really funny, besides that I really like Club Penguin, Jonesy is a pure bias vote because Fortnite is one of the few games I play with my friends and Saber is an idea that I started liking more and more with time
Finally, shout out to Spyro 2B, Ahri and Commander Shephard because they are amazing options as well.

D

Deleted member

Jonesy, Saber and 2B

Fortnite is huge and would be big headlines. Fate is huge in Asia and does have a growing western fanbase. 2b is a big character and arguably the closest thing left to a Joker 2 (I also don't buy that she gets in the way of Dante at all)

I'd be happy with most of these though. Ahri, Shepherd and Red would all be genuinely great picks

Last edited by a moderator:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
In terms of who i'd wish to see the most, here's my attempt at ranking our choices.

Hatsune Miku
Ahri
Makoto
Spyro
Guybrush
Penguin
Red
Bubsy
Thrall
Rintaro
Commander Shepard
Saber
Booker & Elizabeth
Archeops
John Martson
Bella Goth
Virtual Boy
Jonesy

I wouldn't wanna be rude with 2B but i didn't wanna rate her due to feeling bad for putting her low on this, i think she can be a great character a surprise character? probably not.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Uh....

View attachment 357164

View attachment 357163

I'm reluctant to vote yet (since I don't know whether the position or the labels of the columns are the ones that matter)....

also title's wrong (spirit event) but that's a little less important
Yes, I saw that but I was unable to fix it at the time. I quickly turned off voting now. I will delete the responses but we will have to vote again sorry. Not sure when I can do that but....sometimes in the next 12 hours or so.

What is strange is that the 2 and 3 weren't switched when I made the forms. It was 3 and 2.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Here are my quick thoughts on everyone, ranked in each tier by how much I like them.

Great Picks:

Ahri
is a perfect. She's been on Nintendo, her series is hugely influential, and represents a type of game that isn't represented in Smash yet. She could have a really neat gimmick too, and she's the most popular character, arguably, from her own series.
Spyro again comes from a really important and beloved franchise, and we actually don't have very many "scrimblos" in our DLC lineup yet. Plus as a quadruped, that makes him different. He can also fly.
2B is a dream pick, and only just recently got confirmation of a Nintendo appearance. She's an extremely beloved gaming hero and could have a unique kit. Plus an Amusement Park stage is a must.
Saber's a decent pick, she's definitely THE Fate character, and I like the concept of pulling from all of her potential classes.

Alright Picks:

Commander Shepard
is not an awful pick, just I don't know what kind of weapons he could use that would make him different from other gun-toters.
Guybrush is inoffensive. It'd be cool to have a pirate, though I don't know if he could bring anything unique to the cast.
Red - We'd kinda have to use the weird legged version from the movie, but there's no doubt his series is influential. Maybe he could shoot other birds, the classic ones, out of a slingshot as a compromise of old and new? I worry about moveset potential though.
Jonesy - I guess we could do something with building, and the guns are more cartoony here, though I don't really see anything he could specifically bring that's unique from the kinds of weapons the Resi cast and Lara don't already have.
Rintaro I literally have no knowledge of, but if he has powers or something, maybe we could do something with him? Not exactly well known for gaming appearances though.
Booker & Elizabeth - Eh... No formal opinion on this. I don't think his design is particularly striking though.

Bad Picks:

Penguin
is, imo, an awful pick. They don't do enough to warrant including, imo. A fine assist trophy idea, but as a fighter?
Bubsy - No meme picks, please.
John Marston doesn't have a Nintendo appearance, so I'm against his inclusion. A cowboy would at least be interesting, though.
Thrall - ...why him from WoW? Also, has WoW ever even had a Nintendo appearance? I think either the Horde or Alliance leader would make a better pick, but even then, I'd rather see Kerrigan as the Blizz rep if OW is out.
Makoto is just... kind of a kid. Yeah, he's got truth bullets and stuff, but he doesn't really have anything that can make him stand out. Monokuma should've been the Danganronpa rep. Plus we already have Phoenix. I don't really see a reason for him.
Archeops - ...why this over any other Pokemon, especially a Gen 9 one? Not to mention it's ugly as hell...
Bella Goth is just... weird. I get that's the point of the Sims, but it doesn't seem like it would make an engaging character. A stage on the other hand I'm 100% down for.

Other:

Hatsune Miku
should not have been allowed, imo, as she is not a video game character.
Virtual Boy should also not have been allowed for being a genuine inanimate object. Unlike R.O.B. which is designed to actually move and interact, the Virtual Boy is just a console.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Commander Shepard is not an awful pick, just I don't know what kind of weapons he could use that would make him different from other gun-toters.
He could use biotics in his moveset, being able to shoot energy blasts, freezing opponents and throwing opponents into the air and all that stuff would make him pretty unique

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So, I am unable to tally our votes during my typical time so I am burning the midnight oil and doing it tonight.

Thank you to everyone who submitted content and took the time to vote!

Virtual Boy1 (3)003
Artoria3 (9)1 (2)213
John Marston01 (2)46
Spyro03 (6)38
Ahri5 (15)2 (4)221
Makoto1 (3)4 (8)112
Red5 (15)2 (4)221
Okabe0011
Commander Shepard01 (2)13
Bella Goth0022
Jonesy01 (2)24
Guybrush1 (3)1 (2)16
Bubsy1 (3)003
Booker/Elizabeth01 (2)13
Thrall1 (3)1 (2)05
Hatsune Miku1 (3)2 (4)1 8
Archeops01 (2)02
Penguin3 (9)1 (2)011
2B2 (6)2 (4)111

Please go look below to see which character we will include...

vs
1658635401836.png

RED VERSUS RED

Both characters tied with 21 votes, five 3 point votes, two 2 point votes, and and two 1 point votes. We will be conducting a vote via poll. Ti avoid vote tampering, we will be conducting the poll through this link. Remember we are voting for a surprising character that brings both excitement and hype while surprising our fans.

THIS LINK IS THE VOTING

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
So, I am unable to tally our votes during my typical time so I am burning the midnight oil and doing it tonight.

Thank you to everyone who submitted content and took the time to vote!

Virtual Boy1 (3)003
Artoria3 (9)1 (2)213
John Marston01 (2)46
Spyro03 (6)38
Ahri5 (15)2 (4)221
Makoto1 (3)4 (8)112
Red5 (15)2 (4)221
Okabe0011
Commander Shepard01 (2)13
Bella Goth0022
Jonesy01 (2)24
Guybrush1 (3)1 (2)16
Bubsy1 (3)003
Booker/Elizabeth01 (2)13
Thrall1 (3)1 (2)05
Hatsune Miku1 (3)2 (4)1 8
Archeops01 (2)02
Penguin3 (9)1 (2)011
2B2 (6)2 (4)111

Please go look below to see which character we will include...

vs View attachment 357196

RED VERSUS RED

Both characters tied with 21 votes, five 3 point votes, two 2 point votes, and and two 1 point votes. We will be conducting a vote via poll. Ti avoid vote tampering, we will be conducting the poll through this link.

THIS LINK IS THE VOTING
I see why Red would work as a surprise pick....but i want Ahri to show up even more cause of League of Legends and maybe? perhaps maybe, it can be surprising in some way.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
The empty hole in my soul that was left since the end of Ultimate's DLC has been (partially) filled by Infinite's reveals. The closest things to the feeling before an actual Smash trailer since the Smash trailers stopped coming lie here.

On a side note, it's situations like these that make me wish Smashboards had a "view all spoilers" button so I could see the full results of a vote without having to click like 60 different tags.

Edit: never mind, I figured I can just highlight everything lol. T'is a little messy but gets the job done.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
DAMN, a real close one right here. This is a tough decision to make here, but I'mma have to go with Ahri on this one. Angry Birds was my teenhood, but I think League of Legends is the more left-field mainly because of its general infamy amongst the gaming community.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Very based of you. Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule . Alright people, as the 2016 movie said: "We need some angry flocking birds."

As a Finlandian myself, this series was my childhood. Sweden got Steve, the European gaming industry needs more representation, and for crying out loud, a global impact it made is nothing to scoff at.

Besides being a mobile rep (well-deserved return of a billions-downloaded classic in only one € without adverts & microtransactions; how great is that?), Angry Birds had made appearances on Nintendo's consoles like Trilogy & Star Wars on Wii, 3DS and Wii U, technically even Switch itself with a recent Minecraft DLC (compared to League of Legends, which is only in a latter console via Ruined King).

Those bonus levels in Angry Birds Space based on various games like Mario/Pac-Man/Space Invaders and that old collaboration event with Sonic the Hedgehog himself (even in Sonic Dash)... imagine a huge reveal trailer potential with all those video game icons we have here! (especially Banjo & Kazooie and Crazy Dave)

Here's some fan-made movesets (just in case for Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom when a moveset job starts), for starters:

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for submitting content and taking the time to vote.

NameTotal
Red (Angry Birds)12
Ahri (League of Legends)11

Please click below to view the results...

Red from Angry Birds is joining the Smash Flock

Red won with just one vote which was a very tight race for the duration of voting. Ahri nearly grabbed victory against Lara and yet again with Red so it's rather sad to see a character almost get in twice. Hopefully, she has another chance further down the line but given the nature of our future jobs, this was probably her last chance.

I personally don't know anything about Angry Birds and, I will admit, I bullied people in the past for playing the game as I felt it was mostly just for kids. I still don't have positive feelings over it but I do see the allure of the series and understand its importance to the gaming community. That being said, I don't have much direction for Red and Angry Birds. I will need to think for a while of the best possible direction we can start with for Red.

Congrats Angry Bird fans! I forsee this character getting both tons of positive feedback as well as some salty reactions lol./spoiler]

Once I figure out our best possible direction, we will commence on the next job related to this fighter.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
That being said, before I start us up on our next job....

What appearance should Red have? Should it be the footless/handlessversion or the movie version where he has wings and feet? I am leaning towards the former as its based on an actual game variation. Please put any feedback in spoilers for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom