• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are our submissions!

View attachment 349828
RIOU

Who is he?
Riou is the main protagonist of the second entry in the prestigious Suikoden series, a turn-based RPG made by Konami based on the Chinese story, the Water Margin. He's a rebellious protagonist that's determined to do battle against Highland as the leader of an Allied Army. The Suikoden series is known for insane stories and sporting a total of 108 characters to play as.

Why Riou?
Riou, as mentioned before, is the protagonist of Suikoden II, an RPG released in 1998 that is considered one of the greatest video games of all time, an honor rarely bestowed these days. He's also a tonfa fighter, which I believe we've had none of. But the main draw for him would be him leading 107 other characters to battle. See, Suikoden has three different battle systems: you have your Basic Battles, where you lead a party of 6 to do battle, One-on-One Duels, where you use a single character to battle in a special event, and Strategic War Battles, which for most of the game is basically Fire Emblem. I believe we could blend some of these together in a sort of playstyle where Riou could fight by himself but could summon 5 other characters to fight alongside him (Who those 5 are, we'd have to pick from the most popular of the 108). While Suikoden has majorly been on PlayStation systems, he has appeared in spin-offs such as Genso Suikoden Card Stories, as well as having crossed over to other games like Super Bomberman R Online, so there are some Nintendo appearances for him.​
Character submission:
Crono (Chrono Trigger)

(Sorry for lack of photo)

Crono is main protagonist of Chrono Trigger game and he is a silent protagonist that his personality matches conventional hero archetype and he lives with his mother Truce in Present Era. He can time travel by his vehicle called "Epoch" and he travels throught random time periods like prehistory to gather his friends like Frog to team up with him to defeat the main evil: Lavos, who wants to destroy the world and timeline.
His game was one of best JRPG games that exist and it's truly a classic that was designed by famous manga creator Akira Toriyama.
(I didn't played Chrono Trigger too much)

Crono has a lot of moveset potential, since he is JRPG Fighter and he could use time travel as one of his moves. Also he could use his teammates' attacks like Frog's for example.
Crono could be middleweight dighter with no movement options and he could be fast All-Around fighter (or rushdown, since I don't know too much about archtypes).
(Also could allude to Chrono Cross by some attacks or taunts)

He is one of most wanted fighter and a lot of fans really want him in game.

I nominate him, because people want him in game, so he could join Smash Infinite as DLC fighter that could be another swordfighter (Sorry fans). Although his series are dormant, nothing can stop him from joining the roster as retro 3rd party Fighter.
He should join smash, since he comes from the best JRPG game of all time. Nuff said.
Fei Fong Wong (or just Fei) from Xenogears

Fei is the main protagonist of Xenogears which is a game I… haven’t played but you can’t deny the enormous impact of this game and profundity of its story. It’s become a bit lesser known now but that’s all the more reason to add a character like this to smash, to get people talking about the series.

From what I can tell, he mostly fights with martial arts but also with some elemental based attacks mixed in so that would definitely set him apart from other JRPG characters.
Chrono would be a magical Swordfighter, not just a run of the mill Swordfighter.

Here is my submission…

Lloyd Irving

Lloyd Irving is from the long-running RPG series, Tales and debuted in the GameCube game, Tales of Symphonia. Lloyd is commonly seen as not only one of the more popular protags within a series of ever changing Protag but the face of the series. ToS is typically seen as a FF7 for the franchise and what opened ToS to the West. Lloyd has been featured in a wide amount of crossovers and is not stranger to Smash; being featured as a DLC Mii Costume for 4 and Ultimate.

Tales of Symphonia is particulary important to me as I started playing it during a very trying time in my life and I credit it with really helping me cope during that time. I lost three important people in my life during this time and so it was very dark. The first was a dear friend due to an accidental overdose after a year of sobriety, another was my dog I had since I was a child, and the third was the mother of another friend who died after a long battle with cancer. This all occurred within a span of 3 months and, as a student who was looking towards his impending future, this had a huge impact on me. I spent a lot of time playing ToS and, will somewhat humorous, I saw Lloyd’s struggles about his identity and place in the world and the injustice found there to be a motivation to get through my own life.

Super nostalgic

Much like other games like Chrono Trigger and OoT, Tales of Symphonia was for long an annual traditional for me to celebrate those who left and my ability conquer my own insecurities and uncertainties. For this reason, I’ve longed championed Lloyd in Smash. His game and franchise deserves the recongition it has rightfully earned as one of the flagship RPG’s and the topping of its already impressive cake is Lloyd’s final inclusion as a character. Now, I would be ok with Yuri or another notable ToS rep but, to me, ToS has sentimental value. I know others feel likewise.

In terms of gameplay, Lloyd would be your typical Swordfighter who focuses on speed and coho abilities with many of his attacks dealing longer hitstun than most. The more attacks he strings together, the more damage he can dish out per hit. We could even include his skill branches to include Strike or Technical which change depending how many attacks he uses per “turn”. On the basis level, his moveset would be super easy but we could be more intricate by allowing branches to be included. If we wanted to be more adventurous, we could include the TP gauge which is like Hero’s MP gauge. This would make Lloyd more so a physical-oriented version of Hero.

ToS also lends itself to a wide variety of locations for a stage including the Tower of Salvation, Derris Kharlan, Palmacosta, and more. The sheer number of charqcters would also be a huge plus as we dig into possible assist trophies, cameos and obviously Spirits. There wouldn’t be really any excuse for “what could we include” as there’s tons of content.
Estelle Bright (Trails)

The Legend of Heroes series by Nihon Falcom is a Tactical JRPG Series that started in 1989 with a game simply titled "Dragon Slayer" but gained popularity in 2004 with the release of The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. The series still continues to this day with an MCU Like connected story with Trails from Zero/Azure and the 4 Cold Steel Games as well as Trails to Reverie and Kuro No Kiseki. Each Series of games has a different Protagonist (Estelle, Lloyd, Rean, C, Van) as well as taking place in different parts around the fictional world.

This franchise also has a fantastic soundtrack.

Estelle herself wields a bo-staff and has many abilities with it and has access to a variety of Orbal Arts which is this franchises equivalent of Magic. Using these she could make quick work of her opponents.

As of Infinite we have no Bo-staff wielder and Falcom is one of the oldest Video Game Publishers not referenced in any way.

(I also joined this site to shill Estelle)
Actor (RPG Maker)
sorry if I get some details wrong, never used this software

An Actor (such as Ralph, seen above) is a playable character available in RPG Maker. RPG Maker is an extremely popular, user-friendly game creation software that allows independent developers to make their own JRPG-style games with plenty of assets and resources available from the start. RPG Maker was developed by several companies and publishers, most of which are based in Japan.

I'm sure many will argue against the addition of a character from a piece of software rather than a game. Well, first of all, RPG Maker is kind of a game - it's seen plenty of console releases for its several entries, as early as the Super Famicom and as recent as the Nintendo Switch (as well as non-Nintendo hardware). Another possible point that can be brought against the Actor is that RPG Maker doesn't have enough content on its own to justify an entire pack, but this is far from the case - plenty of enemies and characters for Spirits, we could base the stage on the user interface of RPG Maker or make a generic JRPG stage inspired by the software's default tilesets, and yes, RPG Maker has music. (really, really good music actually!)
(And another point against the "not a game" critique, we have Wii Fit Trainer in Smash so yeah. I know Wii Fit has game-like elements but the Trainer is not one of them.)

As for what the Actor could do on their own, their moveset would revolve around changing the game and players around them. For example, they could tweak their stats of themselves or their opponent ever so slightly. That kind of thing, in conjunction with a generic JRPG McSwordguy moveset, would be really fun to work with.

Easily the biggest reason to include an Actor is that they can represent game creation, a huge part of gaming as a whole. I mean, without it, we wouldn't be here today.You could argue RPG Maker isn't a game in and of itself, but it is a huge part of gaming history. R.O.B. isn't a game either, by the way, but for being a monumental figure in Nintendo and gaming history he was included, so why not a main character from RPG Maker? Also, RPG Maker has a huge community of indie creators, so this would, at least in spirit, be a huge indie newcomer (is that an oxymoron? "huge indie"?).

Also, an important thing to note - for the purposes of Infinite so we have someone to visualize, Ralph (seen at the top of this submission) will be the default costume - he was the default Actor in what many describe as the first user-friendly entry in the series, RPG Maker VX. (Though this is something we can revisit if the Actor wins and we go to alt jobs.)
The Protagonist (E.V.O: Search for Eden)

Coming from the cult classic SNES game from the Enid side of Square Enix, The protagonist of E.V.O is a creature that can evolve from a fish to what ever part you may choose.

But what form will it take, since that protagonist has evolved from many forms.

Perhaps this form will do
View attachment 349836
This creature (named creature, to fit the name) is a hybrid of a rhino, lion and moose and has several attacks.

He can evolve and devolve horns and parts. Normally it will heal him, but for Smash, it will be nerfed. He can bite, kick and ram. I also assume his final Smash will transform him into a dragon, the most powerful evolution in the game, but a limited one.

Overall, those are the reasons why an E.V.O: search for eden rep would work for Smash. Ever since Cloud got in, I wanted a rep from that game in smash.
View attachment 349843
View attachment 349844
View attachment 349846
Adol Christian (Ys)
The star of the Ys series. Adol is a an adventurer and master swordsman. He is a silent protagnist, but still has a lot of personality. He always wants to help those in need, no matter the cost. He travels from place to place, leading to a wide variety of places and characters that could be pulled from for content. He would be a Swordsman, but would make heavy use of magic. Adol changes appearance pretty often so there is a lot of potential for alts. Ys is a long running and popular series that has had quite a few games on Nintendo platforms. It was actually pretty influential on modern action rpgs. Falcom are an iconic publisher who are overdue some representation.

Laharl from Disgaea

Disgaea is a popular rpg series and Laharl specially has been slowly getting more support for Smash. I don't personally know much about the series but from what i've heard it's a very good JRPG. Also, since Disgaea has been in a lot of Nintendo platforms it isn't very out of left field.
Other factor to his inclusion could be the amount of characters in Disgaea that could make for a lot of spirits and other content.
For his moveset he could use his sword and even get help from Etna or the Prinnys.
Resubmitting Alis Lansdale from Phantasy Star.

I know we have a SEGA character as DLC but the Phantasy Star series pushed the boundaries of the JRPG genre for sure.
Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
View attachment 349865

So, why Geno?
I am going to play devil's advocate for this fighter, especially considering I don't particularly care one way or the other about him or his prospects for Smash, but Geno has been and probably always will be a longtime request for inclusion amongst the core Smash fanbase - something our DLC has a notable absence of: that home-grown fanbase hype. Geno's been included as Mii DLC twice in a row now (meaning he would sell), and he meets all the requirements for this job: He's an Eastern creation hailing from a JRPG. Do I think Mario necessarily needs another newcomer? No. Do I think Square should get another JRPG character? Also no. But I think we need someone to appeal to the core Smash fanbase in the DLC, and Geno's about the only missing face we don't have other than say, Dante at this point. Waluigi, Crash, Isaac - they're all here at this point. Geno's the last one standing in that proverbial graveyard of fanbase dreams.
Alphen: Tales of Arise

I won't get into too much detail, since the game is still pretty new and I just finished it. Alphen is from the newest game in the Tales of Series, Tales of Arise. Alphen fights to free his kind from the oppression they've suffered for over 300 years. To do this, Alphen wields the Blazing Sword that he received from Shionne, who has a goal that works along side Alphen's. The Blazing Sword contains great power, but hurts the user. Luckily for Alphen, he can't feel pain. He'd absolutely have a Pichu mechanic whenever using the Blazing Sword. He uses a standard sword too, but the cool part is using the Blazing Sword, hence the focus on it.

Everything I just typed here should be within the first hour of gameplay. If I accidentally spoiled something for later in the game, please tell me so I can fix it. ToA is pretty fun and if you like JRPG's you'd probably like it. The game seems to have been received well. Only problem is I'm not really sure about is if Alphen is popular in the Tales of fanbase. ToA is the only one I've played and I'm not really finding the answer in a google search.
Nanosebeano
I'm going to submit Elizabeth Bathory from Fate. Take a wild guess why I'm submitting a random character nobody cares about?
she has a pretty high quality mod.
  1. Riou (Suikoden)
  2. Chrono (Chrono Trigger)
  3. Fei (Xenogears...Xenosaga...forget which one)
  4. Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
  5. Estelle (Legends of Heroes: Trails of the Sky)
  6. Actor (RPG Maker)
  7. Protagonist (E.V.O. Search for Eden)
  8. Jibanyan (Yokai Watch)
  9. Adol (Ys)
  10. Laharl (Disgaea)
  11. Alis Landsdale (Phantasy Star Online)
  12. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
  13. Alphen (Tales of Arise)
  14. Nahobino (Shin Megami Tensei)
  15. Elizabeth Bathory (Fate)
PLEASE USE THIS TO VOTE!

The one job I forgot to do: DLC Season 2 Promotional DLC Costume

Previously for Fighter' Pass 1 and 2, we had gotten Rex and Ancient Armor as Mii Ccostumes for purchasing the pass. For Infinite, we included Mach Rider as the Promotional Mii Fighter Costume which was a Mii Gunner. This time around, we will be including a Mii Costume that is based on an first party Assist Trophies found in Smash Infinite. The current list of unused costumes are:

• Adeleine
  • Ayumi Tachibana
  • Balance Board
  • Bokoblin
  • Cranky Kong
  • The Darklord
  • DJ Adore
  • Eggplant Wizard
  • Elite Beat Agents
  • E.M.M.I.
  • Euden
  • Jenna Anderson
  • Jena
  • Jody Summers
  • Medli
  • Mona
  • Mike Jones
  • Muddy Mole
  • Nintendog
  • Paper Mario
  • Poochy
  • Pokey
  • Pyoro
  • Seteth
  • Zeke and/or Pandora
Please provide the character who the costume would be based from, what class it would be, and it affects the appearance of the weapon like the sword or arm cannon.

Mike Jones (Swordfighter)

The costume is based on Mike Jones, protagonist of Obscure nintendo game "Star Tropics", released in 1990 along with sequel in 1992.
The costume would consist of his Hair and his outfit (Blue shirt and dark blue pants). The sword is replaced by his Baseball bat from his artwork.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
DLC Season 2 Promotional Costume:
1649621920213.png

E.M.M.I. (Mii Brawler):
Hailing from the much-acclaimed Metroid Dread, the E.M.M.I.s are the highly-advertised robots made by MercurySteam to evoke that same sense of dread felt from Metroid Fusion with its SA-X. Much like with Bomberman, there are different colors that you can access with the E.M.M.I.: White, Grey, Green, Yellow, Blue, Purple and Orange. The costume consists of:

1649622087582.png

E.M.M.I. Headgear:
The E.M.M.I. Headgear is one part of the whole costume, where a character starts the stock with this armor plating on its face. When reaching critical damage (100% Damage/33HP-), the plating will break off and will look like the picture at the top of this post. There's also...

1649622197989.png

E.M.M.I. Chassis:
The E.M.M.I. Chassis, normally quadrupedal, is the body part of the costume that the Mii Brawler wears. In Metroid Dread, the body becomes more bipedal after breaking the faceplate, which is more than enough justification for making this a Mii Brawler costume.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Here are our submissions!

1. Riou (Suikoden)
  2. Chrono (Chrono Trigger)
  3. Fei (Xenogears...Xenosaga...forget which one)
  4. Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
  5. Estelle (Legends of Heroes: Trails of the Sky)
  6. Actor (RPG Maker)
  7. Protagonist (E.V.O. Search for Eden)
  8. Jibanyan (Yokai Watch)
  9. Adol (Ys)
  10. Laharl (Disgaea)
  11. Alis Landsdale (Phantasy Star Online)
  12. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
  13. Alphen (Tales of Arise)
  14. Nahobino (Shin Megami Tensei)
  15. Elizabeth Bathory (Fate)
PLEASE USE THIS TO VOTE!

The one job I forgot to do: DLC Season 2 Promotional DLC Costume

Previously for Fighter' Pass 1 and 2, we had gotten Rex and Ancient Armor as Mii Ccostumes for purchasing the pass. For Infinite, we included Mach Rider as the Promotional Mii Fighter Costume which was a Mii Gunner. This time around, we will be including a Mii Costume that is based on an first party Assist Trophies found in Smash Infinite. The current list of unused costumes are:

• Adeleine
  • Ayumi Tachibana
  • Balance Board
  • Bokoblin
  • Cranky Kong
  • The Darklord
  • DJ Adore
  • Eggplant Wizard
  • Elite Beat Agents
  • E.M.M.I.
  • Euden
  • Jenna Anderson
  • Jena
  • Jody Summers
  • Medli
  • Mona
  • Mike Jones
  • Muddy Mole
  • Nintendog
  • Paper Mario
  • Poochy
  • Pokey
  • Pyoro
  • Seteth
  • Zeke and/or Pandora
Please provide the character who the costume would be based from, what class it would be, and it affects the appearance of the weapon like the sword or arm cannon.
When you mean adeleine do you mean adeleine from the kirby series or someone else

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I don't know if it's too late but I want to give my opinion on the selection of character, but since I'm on a crunch I'll just do the noteworthy ones or the ones that I know.

Adol & Estelle - grouping them up together because they're from the same company. I think both of them is a solid choice but not without their own cons, given the history Adol is a perfect choice for a legacy character and pretty much still relevant to this day lurking in the background, although moveset-wise doesn't really interest me that much. Trails is no joke too and Estelle could bring a unique play style with her bo staff though, if my memory were to served, I felt like Rean and Cold Steel would be the more realistic choice for the series as he is quite popular character from the most recent entry.

Actor - it's a unique choice to say the least but felt really generic and the series where they came from is too "free" to be given a content and is basically just a mini Unreal Engine.

Lloyd - like Tekken Tales definitely deserve the representation and there's no better choice than Lloyd, his playstyle really intrigued me and he is arguably from the most well known entry, while a tad bit redundant given we got Agumon last season it isn't really a problem.

Geno - probably the only character in the series that couldn't catch a break it's impressive how he can stay relevant from the Brawl era to potentially Infinite and it would be satisfying to break the chain for the fans, sadly though it doesn't enough to convince me to give him a slot.

Laharl - now this one I have a lot to say given have actually play a significant portion of the game, despite the obscure status I think Disgaea would be a fun series to include it's basically a match made in heaven as both are pretty chaotic in their own way and Laharl is a great choice. I don't really agree for Prinny to be the representation over him, his laugh, his personality and his way of clothing or lack thereof perfectly embodies all of the series' charm even down to how he plays. Unlike any other swordsmen in the game his small stature contrast with his big*ss sword already lend him to unique playstyle like having him be a bit a of a showoff during his attack like Incineroar.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As promised, here are the results of the Celebrity Commercial and Online Tourney

Name3 Points2 Points1 Point Total
Will Smith1 (3)1 (2)27
BTS1 (3)1 (2)16
Jack Black2 (6)017
Bully Maguire1 (3)025
FЯED1 (3)003
Paul Rudd02 (4)15
Mike Tyson1 (3)1 (2)16
Tom Holland0011
Chris Pratt2 (6)4 (8)014

The results was pretty even until Chris Pratt nabbed all of those 2 pointer votes which surged him ahead past both Will and Jack. Chris has yet to show everyone how well he can become Mario and how exactly he could pull this off, previously being in everything from Marvel, Jurassic Park, Lego, Parks and Recreation (what I partculary liked him for and still draw happiness from...pasty flabby Chris is best Chris.

Thank you to everyone submitting celebrities! It was fun to see how their interactions with the Smash cast as they play to get people to purchase our Season 1 DLC $$$$$$$

Next, Online Tourney

Name2 Points1 PointTotal
Fire Emblem Clash1 (3)03
Painting the Town1 (3)47
Battle for Hyrule2 (6)410
Under the Super Happy Tree5 (10)010

Technically speaking, we have a tie between Battle for Hyrule and Under the Super Happy Tree. That being said, I recognize that Under the Super Happy Tree received more 2 pointer votes so they will be declared the winner. That being said, we will be utilizing both tournaments but with Battle for Hyrule occurring at a later date. Our next one will be Under the Super Happy Tree.

Thank you everyone for your submissions and taking the time to vote!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are results!

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Riou11 (2)11
Chrono3 (9)1 (2)314
Fei0011
Lloyd Irving3 (9)3 (6)520
Estelle2 (6)3 (6)113
Actor1 (3)3 (6)110
Protagonist01 (2)02
Jibanyan1 (3)014
Adol1 (3)5 (10)013
Laharl3 (9)0211
Alis1 (3)1 (2)38
Geno2 (6)4 (8)115
Alphen2 (6)006
Nahobino2 (6)017
Elizabeth0011

There is enough distance between the total points plus dispersal between three, two, and one point votes to solidify the winner in this newcomer submession round. I do want to take the time to thank everyone for participating and for submitting great characters that truly represents the wide range of JRPG's the exist. We had some amazing entries from notable franchises such as Phantasy Star Online, Tales, and Yokai Watch as well as classics like Chrono Trigger, Ys, and Shin Megami Tensei. Finally, we had some surprise entries such as RPG Maker, Legends of Heroes, Fate, and E.V.O. Geno even managed to find his way into the submissions!

Click below to find who is the winner!
Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia!

Lloyd was originally a DLC Mii Costume for both Smash 4 and Smash Ultimate. a fan favorite whose weathered more than enough Smash speculation cycles. He finally gets his chance to show his stuff in Smash Infinite! His series will bring a round of content not only from Tales of Symphonia but from other Tales games as well. We will wait for several hours to allow our new character to sink in a bit and will then jump into crafting the character; starting first with his stats and gameplay.

We will be starting our newcomer development cycle in a few more hours but, until then, feel free to discuss this fighter and also submit content for the promotional costume for DLC 2.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Well, good on this result!

Alright, time to research Tales content for this whole pack!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the submissions for our Season 2DLC Promo Mii Costume! Remember, this is for people who purchase the entire season pass rather than individual bundles.

Mike Jones (Swordfighter)

The costume is based on Mike Jones, protagonist of Obscure nintendo game "Star Tropics", released in 1990 along with sequel in 1992.
The costume would consist of his Hair and his outfit (Blue shirt and dark blue pants). The sword is replaced by his Baseball bat from his artwork.
Muddy Mole (Brawler)

There's already the suplex and steel ball, yadda yadda I've been here before. Masked.
DLC Season 2 Promotional Costume:
View attachment 349910
E.M.M.I. (Mii Brawler):
Hailing from the much-acclaimed Metroid Dread, the E.M.M.I.s are the highly-advertised robots made by MercurySteam to evoke that same sense of dread felt from Metroid Fusion with its SA-X. Much like with Bomberman, there are different colors that you can access with the E.M.M.I.: White, Grey, Green, Yellow, Blue, Purple and Orange. The costume consists of:

View attachment 349911
E.M.M.I. Headgear:
The E.M.M.I. Headgear is one part of the whole costume, where a character starts the stock with this armor plating on its face. When reaching critical damage (100% Damage/33HP-), the plating will break off and will look like the picture at the top of this post. There's also...

View attachment 349912
E.M.M.I. Chassis:
The E.M.M.I. Chassis, normally quadrupedal, is the body part of the costume that the Mii Brawler wears. In Metroid Dread, the body becomes more bipedal after breaking the faceplate, which is more than enough justification for making this a Mii Brawler costume.
Pyoro (All Classes)

Mascot-suit type of costume. He has a long tongue for a sword and an arm with a seed on the end for his arm canon.
Ayumi - Brawler
View attachment 349940
Adeleine (Swordfighter)
The brush is the sword and the smock and beret are the clothes
  • Mike Jones (Swordfighter)
  • Muddy Mole (Brawler)
  • E.M.M.I. (Brawler)
  • Pyoro (All classes)
  • Ayumi (Brawler)
  • Pokey (All classes)
  • Adeleine (Swordfighter)
Please use this link

DLC #2: Lloyd Gameplay Submission
Lloyd is our next fighter and is considered a JRPG rep as well as a Bandai-Namco rep. This will cause further Bandai-Namco reps to be eligible for this Season 2 and, it also dawned on me, that Lloyd will be our very first DLC Costume deconfirmation meaning he will first (technically first) which is something notable. With this character, we will be start working on finetuning his gameplay.

So how do you think Lloyd would play as? We will be submitting his stats including:
  • Size
  • Weight
  • Dash Speed
  • Jump Height
  • Falling Speed

As well as any particular gameplay mechanics innate to his character found in Tales of Symphonia. For ease of voting, please name your gimmick if you do submit one.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So Lloyd has a basis in which we could derive from for his moveset, and that's Super Smash Flash:

Here, he's a fairly mobile combo-based character with some great disjointed range, a decent projectile, and the ability to cancel out his recovery into an aerial attack. We don't have to exactly be 1:1 with this set, but I think this proves to be a pretty good idea of how we could pull him off. But in all honesty, I can't help but think Lloyd should have a different moveset that better represents the Tales series. It should be fairly easy to do since Tales's battle gameplay is basically a Smash battle in and of itself.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So Lloyd has a basis in which we could derive from for his moveset, and that's Super Smash Flash:

Here, he's a fairly mobile combo-based character with some great disjointed range, a decent projectile, and the ability to cancel out his recovery into an aerial attack. We don't have to exactly be 1:1 with this set, but I think this proves to be a pretty good idea of how we could pull him off. But in all honesty, I can't help but think Lloyd should have a different moveset that better represents the Tales series. It should be fairly easy to do since Tales's battle gameplay is basically a Smash battle in and of itself.
Id be down for a mix between this and Leonardo’s NASB moveset - he‘a the only other platfighter character with dual swords that I know of.
Honestly, as long as Lloyd is a pretty basic sword fighter (except for the double sword thing) with decent range and fiery specials, I’d say we’ll do a good job of representing the character.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Even though Lloyd is probably one of my longest running most wanteds, I do want to take a back seat and let people submit content for Lloyd. that Being said, I do have a few ideas. One thing I want to bring up is that ToS incorporates Strike and Technical moves. For example, doing the grounded projectile Demon Fang 50 times will cause it to "evolve" into Double Demon Fang. This is a Technical skill. However, selecting Strike on his character profile page will cause Lloyd to be able to learn Fierce Demon Fang which is a Strike skill. These are Arte Trees and allows Lloyd to have a bit of customization in regards to his moves. You could maybe select which one you want to do through down shield or taunt and then build up the ability to upgrade these attacks. Like

Demonic Circle
StrikeFierce Demon Fang
BasicDemon Fang-------------
TechnicalDouble Demon Fang
Demonic Chaos

I tend to be against having the fusion artes like Demonic Thrust which is Demon Fang and Sonic Thrust (basically a Demon Fang attack followed by a trust) as I find it hard to incorporate that into a workable moveset mechanic.

A second idea, and this one I don't feel good about but still an idea is that has elemental artes when equipped with a particular weapon. It might be interesting to allow him to have access to these though I don't know the mechanism of it.

It's easy to look at Lloyd and say "He can be just a mobile dual blade swordfighter with a projectile" but I feel that incorporate these elements would create for a fighter that is fairly straight forward but extremely mobile; both in regards to actual movement as well as in his abilities.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Even though Lloyd is probably one of my longest running most wanteds, I do want to take a back seat and let people submit content for Lloyd. that Being said, I do have a few ideas. One thing I want to bring up is that ToS incorporates Strike and Technical moves. For example, doing the grounded projectile Demon Fang 50 times will cause it to "evolve" into Double Demon Fang. This is a Technical skill. However, selecting Strike on his character profile page will cause Lloyd to be able to learn Fierce Demon Fang which is a Strike skill. These are Arte Trees and allows Lloyd to have a bit of customization in regards to his moves.

It's easy to look at Lloyd and say "He can be just a mobile dual blade swordfighter with a projectile" but I feel that incorporate these elements would create for a fighter that is fairly straight forward but extremely mobile; both in regards to actual movement as well as in his abilities.
The level up thing is a neat idea but I can’t think of how it would be a good mechanic in a Smash game -seems like it would just reward you for spamming he same move over and over.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The level up thing is a neat idea but I can’t think of how it would be a good mechanic in a Smash game -seems like it would just reward you for spamming he same move over and over.
Very true.

While not true to the games, I have heard people suggest that level progression (perhaps like how we have Agumon) or a chargeable factor might be a work around.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Maybe not exactly "using the same move over and over" per se... how about for landing them? It's much more of a specific goal and rewards successful offense, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom